~March Commissions~ Celtic-inspired knotwork illustrations!

Sparkyopteryx

Overview

I try to open for a few of these each year in celebration of St. Patrick's Day and for a general excuse to practice my knotwork skills.

Because of the nature of the art, I will be as faithful to the depictions of the characters as possible but be aware there will be quite a bit of stylization to fully utilize the Celtic, Pictish or Norse style of zoomorphic knotworking. The characters will be by default mostly animalistic, so if you have say a hybrid character make sure to specify what they primarily look like, i.e. a deer-like body. I can definitely manage more humanoid characters if you so choose, so "feral" is hardly a requirement! Also, a bit of artistic freedom is a must for these since it takes a bit of trial and error to make the creatures "fit together," however I will be providing a preliminary sketch for you to preview and you can most definitely request certain details, such as featuring triskeles, key patterns or a certain color palette.

Prices and Specifics

Note that these prices are baseline. If you desire a lot of complex knotwork or stylization, prices will have to be adjusted depending on what you want due to the increased time it takes to render more detail.

~~ACEO or "badge-style": $15 for inked, $25 for color. Will be done on standard ACEO-sized illustration board (2.5''x3.5''). Can add a name by request at no extra charge. These will be laminated with a clip.

NorseJakeBadge.thumb.jpg.33494140b1a38f5FiannaBadgeSmall.jpg.bb6cb075b25d49a8f4c

~~8''x10'' Inked: $40 for single-subject, $50 for pair. (Moth is an example of one with additional detail)

CelticMothSmall.thumb.jpg.fb3e237eb4624a  CelticLittlerockSmall.thumb.jpg.bc802c2d

~~8''x10'' Inked and colored: $50 for single-subject, $60 for pair. These will generally be colored marker with possible ballpoint or colored pencil accents.  Alternatively I can color it in entirely in sepia or other monochrome color like the tiger example below:

HaruiNorseSmall.thumb.jpg.8525afa5acca6a   SepiaTigers.thumb.jpg.b4a7a033c118700764

The above prices for color assume marker and ink. I can also do these in other media, such as graphite or colored pencils. This media takes longer but conversely offers even more refinement in detail and color, as such prices for something like this start at $70 and are adjusted for how much detail and what sort of media you want. Additionally I can work in larger formats such as 9''x12'' or 11''x14''.
Example of a detailed single subject done in colored pencil, 11x14.

56d8b9c4dc7f8_AntiquitySmall.thumb.jpg.e

Email me bluegoblins@outlook.com at if you’re interested (don't note me here, I don't check my notes here often enough)! Make sure to provide your PayPal address along with references so I can send you an invoice (it will be coming from the same aforementioned email). Turnaround can vary a bit depending on complexity of the knotwork and whether or not you requested color but I can generally guarantee most pieces can be done by the end of March, however if my queue ends up being rather full I will notify you if it has to take longer. I ship anywhere in the continental U.S. for $3, Canada for $5. International rates vary so make sure to consult me for shipping prices if that is the case.

Currently open for three slots (badge slots are unlimited):

Many thanks for your time, and slainte!

Edited by Sparkyopteryx