Furries...who date, furries...are the furriest furries...

jcstinks

On 3/6/2016 at 10:33 PM, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Furries date furries because they're the only people who will date each other.

Basically this.

On 3/6/2016 at 11:48 PM, Astus said:

It's actually quite funny, but a lot of the babyfurs tend to have almost exclusive relationships inside the babyfur click (which knowing babyfurs leads to hilarious drama). Most of the time it has to do with the fact that people are rightfully not okay with that whole idea or concept. I generally think that the furry fandom works kind of the same way with obviously more leeway involved. If someone really likes the thought of anthropomorphic animals you'd assume that their significant other would also have to be okay with it or there would be little to no connection; which is why we see it more often than not

So yeah, this also goes along with what, in short, is what Surfboard said I guess, but to expand on it I guess it's not so much weird that furries "only" end up dating other furries because they don't have other options but because when you actually get people with that similar of mindsets together it's almost more difficult to find ways in which they don't click even though overall there are far fewer furries than "normal" people. And even if they both aren't furries, well, the type of people who have such similar mindsets in general end up gravitating towards the same stuff when they get together and want to have hobbies together.

Basically it's because furries are probably the most open minded people on the planet since they know they're really weird so it's almost hard for open-minded people to not get along in comparison to closed-minded people.

For example, I met my current boyfriend in highschool and obviously when you first meet someone in a really public setting like that you have no clue about anything about them  but I knew that 1. he seemed to be the quiet and tolerant one of his friend group judging from his demeanor (I was also the quietest of my friend group) and 2. he hung out with the one other group of nerdy kids that has similar interests to me and my friend group (I went to a small school).

Eventually long story short we got together and we're both just nerdy people who are open minded about pretty much everything when it comes to alternative interests and geekery. We both like anime and I introduced him to conventions, he plays WoW and DnD and Ars Magica which I think is neat though I don't do it, he likes Renaissance fairs which, again, they're hard not to like hahah. We both have always enjoyed coming up with roleplay plots and stories together, so really when it came down to it, furries weren't a lot different. He's not an artist so I would say my involvement is more "enthusiastic" than his communally though eventually he did express interest in wanting to have a fursona designed when I suggested that I could make art of us and now it's even gotten to the point where he wants to commission other artists for art of our fursonas. Basically if you ask him today if he is a furry versus like 2 years ago he would say yes he is.

TL;DR furries are furries because they're open minded, open minded people flock together because they're chill and I converted my boyfriend into being a furry alongside me.

On 3/12/2016 at 9:30 PM, paroapockinroo said:

TL;DR furries are furries because they're open minded, open minded people flock together because they're chill and I converted my boyfriend into being a furry alongside me.

every time someone goes "open minded" about furries I start laughing due to furries are not quite open minded as folks think. I only see that when folks see SIMILAR furries interacting that being open minded but those same furries will rip a hole in you if you gosh darn dare say their fetish is weird. I just view it as Furries for some odd reason have a high as fuck tolerance level for things...that makes me question such thing.

JUST

"Folks naturally date within the pool", its not unnatural for folks to get together cause of their shared interest AS a starting point. Any relationship where the starting point IS the only thing tend to not work out so well (so I still get my soap opera of furries having 5-7 "mates" a year). So Furries dating furries are not that weird and to me is all good...Furries dating furries CAUSE they be furries makes me just want to reach for the popcorn.

15 hours ago, Deskai said:

So Furries dating furries are not that weird and to me is all good...Furries dating furries CAUSE they be furries makes me just want to reach for the popcorn.

I agree and can see where you're coming from. Clearly there is a difference between two people enjoying lots of fantasy, fetishy, and roleplay oriented things together because they think similarly and two people just not knowing how to communicate through any basic means beyond those things, or, two people using these things as a social "crutch" so to speak in order to hide their insecurities and even their identities and flaws, which of course does tend to pop up more often than not in small niche environments.