The Line Between People and Pets

paroapockinroo

I would never keep a pet purely as a friend substitute or anything like that, but I'd get a good hunting/guard dog, though! I was raised on a farm, so all our animals had "practical" purposes. That's what I'm used to. 

Edited by Ieono

On 3/14/2016 at 11:39 PM, Ieono said:

I would never keep a pet purely as a friend substitute or anything like that, but I'd get a good hunting/guard dog, though! I was raised on a farm, so all our animals had "practical" purposes. That's what I'm used to. 

Yeah I guess the video mostly covered it from an aspect of having a pet just for fun or for show so that it would end up being relateable to the viewers though I interpreted it more from your standpoint as well. I grew up training, riding, and taking care of horses so for me they encompassed having a mutual relationship and an understanding of language with an animal. I'm not saying people who just go out and buy a dog or cat can't end up feeling that way too, but it's all just incorporates different levels of... "connection" I guess.

7 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

Keeping a pet as a friend substitute is a practical purpose.

Particularly if you are an unlikable nerd that other humans can't stand to be around.

Yes, that is very true. I'm sorry for being inconsiderate like that, I hadn't even thought of that at the time. 

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 5:02 PM, paroapockinroo said:

This is super interesting IMO. Are animals existential spiritual guides full of symbolic power and meaning or just another tool we've learned to manipulate to control our world?

Fuck you I love KFC.

Edited by TheGreatFanatic