Any asexuals/aromantics here?

On 08/03/2016 at 6:47 PM, Zytan said:

The flip side of being asexual and being with someone 'normal' is there's the regret to live with of forcing them to go without for your sake.  It's not all peachy I assure you.  I can't comment on how it'd be between two asexuals personally, but I don't recommend the former (it leads to rocky first years and animosity deep below).

It was the other way around for me.

I've always wanted a relashionship without sex, but I ended up consenting for their sake.

...it just doesn't work. It's part of they reason I wish I could find an asexual partner.

Boy, are they rare around these parts.

On 3/8/2016 at 10:47 AM, Zytan said:

The flip side of being asexual and being with someone 'normal' is there's the regret to live with of forcing them to go without for your sake.  It's not all peachy I assure you.  I can't comment on how it'd be between two asexuals personally, but I don't recommend the former (it leads to rocky first years and animosity deep below).

44 minutes ago, Luka said:

It was the other way around for me.

I've always wanted a relashionship without sex, but I ended up consenting for their sake.

...it just doesn't work. It's part of they reason I wish I could find an asexual partner.

Boy, are they rare around these parts.

I feel weird, hah. Judging by these two posts, and some others...

Something that trips people up when it comes to me is that: Yes, I'm asexual. But I'm not against having sex or anything like that. My lack of attraction to people doesn't stop me from doing anything. If I find something fun, and the person in particular doesn't revolt me because of their poor health, I see no reason not to do it.

So for me... I don't know. Sex just isn't an issue.I still have standards, there are things that will make me say "Hell no", but when it comes down to it: Just because I'm not attracted to someone, doesn't mean I'm automatically revolted by them, and in the end, stimulation is still stimulation.

There's a fine line between those who are disgusted by sex and others who simply do not crave it. Both are asexuals however. I myself wouldn't be against it for the sake of breeding, however fate has decided that I am inept to spread my genes. (I'm sterile)

Holy shit some of the posts in the thread. Seems some of the asexuals have their panties in a bunch.

Hell forbid that someone actually has a working sex drive and wants to be in a relationship where there's sexual activity, but their partner is asexual and doesn't want it. What a horrible thing that they expect sex along with romance, we can't have that. And yet this is a thread for people who are aromantic as well, people who abhor romance and only want sex. Going to shame them as well? They're so bad, they should love the person and sex should be a secondary thing, if at all. Talk about sticking with outdated notions of relationships in a thread about modern day concepts of sexuality! "You have to love someone before you have the whoopie", they whine! 

If someone's in a relationship with someone and it doesn't work out because one is asex, so be it. Relationships don't always work out because of many reasons, but if it doesn't work out because of the sex life (or lack thereof), you're somehow evil. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. Plenty of times people split up even if one or both love one another, if it's not working. If the relationship doesn't work it wasn't meant to be. Why force two people to stay together if it's not working?

I think that I may be aromantic myself. I haven't fallen in love except for two times. The first time I think was just intense lust, though. The second one, I am not sure. I think I cared about them but maybe I just liked boinking them. Since then I could care less about romance... not that I can't be romantic or thoughtful, just that I don't feel love like others do.

On 3/9/2016 at 9:06 PM, Alexxx-Returns said:

I wonder sometimes. I used to have a sex drive but I often fear it's died. The anti-depressants definitely don't help. I feel like I only masturbate out of habit but, that's the only reason I've ever done it really.

It could either be the depression, or the anti-depressants, killing your sex drive.

Edited by Crazy Lee