Attacks on Brussles

Caledonian

19 minutes ago, Revates said:

It's absolutely horrible, 13 dead and 35 wounded and attacks in the metro. I've been watching this http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/mar/22/brussels-airport-explosions-live-updates

yeah, we've the news on too.
I can confirm the police blocked the road to Schiphol, Amsterdam is crowded with police....Europe is bracing itself.

What do they even achieve from this?

They're not 'Bringing down the Western World'. They're just killing people in populated locations. And what for?

They're like children with burning desires to get the last cheeky word in so they can feel they won the argument.

• Like 1

Just now, Caledonian said:

yeah, we've the news on too.
I can confirm the police blocked the road to Schiphol, Amsterdam is crowded with police....Europe is bracing itself.

Shocking, it seems everywhere is going on full alert. I hope you stay safe Caledonian and any everyone else in Europe stays safe.

As for the metro:

Capture314.PNG.dd7ea0209866fab480e6d3fb6

• Like 2

On 22.03.2016 at 2:30 PM, DrDingo said:

They're just killing people in populated locations. And what for?

Terrorism is defined as the use of violence, or threatened use of violence, in order to achieve a political, religious, or ideological aim. (с) wiki

In short, kebab wants to remove you 

Edited by Vitaly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DrDingo said:

What do they even achieve from this?

They're not 'Bringing down the Western World'. They're just killing people in populated locations. And what for?

They're like children with burning desires to get the last cheeky word in so they can feel they won the argument.

Crazy people don't think about these things. If they did, they wouldn't be doing them in the first place.

I think the motive is clear; to demoralise the Belgian police by showing them that any small victory they can take is met with renewed resurgence of an insidious and widespread network of islamists terrorists who appear so entrenched in European cities that one has to wonder what hope there will ever be of rooting them out. 

• Like 2

I just can't grasp it, I really can't ... the whole country is a mess, we watched the live feed from the news with out teachers during class, also saw some pictures on twitter from how the station and airport look.

It's just chocking, Paris was close already but now in my own country ... it's unbelievable, honestly don't know how to react or what to feel anymore.

Just hope everyone I know is safe :S

Edited by Hell_Charm

9 minutes ago, Hell_Charm said:

I just can't grasp it, I really can't ... the whole country is a mess, we watched the live feed from the news with out teachers during class, also saw some pictures on twitter from how the station and airport look.

It's just chocking, Paris was close already but now in my own country ... it's unbelievable, honestly don't know how to react or what to feel anymore.

Just hope everyone I know is safe :S

I am glad to hear you're safe yourself, we're worried and alert... 
the Netherlands is quite a mess too (virtually no train traffic, various places have been evacuated due to suspicious behaviour....) but I can only imagine what Belgium must be like right now

All the best, Hell-charm. may this clear quickly.

I am glad to hear you're safe yourself, we're worried and alert... 
the Netherlands is quite a mess too (virtually no train traffic, various places have been evacuated due to suspicious behaviour....) but I can only imagine what Belgium must be like right now

All the best, Hell-charm. may this clear quickly.

I hope the same, the biggest thing that worries me is that they suspect another attack around the VUB university in Brussels, I have quite a few friends that go to school there.

Just hoping everyone is ok over there.

14 minutes ago, I Did It For The Cat Girls said:

Another one huh?

Honestly, these sorts of happenings aren't even tragedies at this point. This was inevitable.

Welcome to reality, Europe. Your chickens have come home to roost.

that's really heartless, 23 innocents died. 

5 minutes ago, willow said:

it's a really unfortunate turn of events

that it is

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Sir Gibby said:

i can only wonder how this happened

I really think that the self-segregated nature of many European cities is to blame. Settlers from the Arab world have settled in isolated inward-looking communities which lose touch with reality and the people around them. If they had been mixed in with the general population, maybe they'd have more friendships with the native people and have been less likely to regard them with contempt as 'kuffars'. :\ 

• Like 1

Just now, Saxon said:

I really think that the self-segregated nature of many European cities is to blame. Settlers from the Arab world have settled in isolated inward-looking communities which lose touch with reality and the people around them. If they had been mixed in with the general population, maybe they'd have more friendships with the native people and have been less likely to regard them with contempt as 'kuffars'. :\ 

That just doesn't happen though. Cultures and ethnic groups are always self-segregating. The only way they could "integrate" is by allowing only a very small number in, as opposed to hundreds of thousands of them each year for no apparent reason other than useless diversity-signalling and PC-points.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Gibby said:

That just doesn't happen though. Cultures and ethnic groups are always self-segregating. The only way they could "integrate" is by allowing only a very small number in, as opposed to hundreds of thousands of them each year for no apparent reason other than useless diversity-signalling and PC-points.

I think that previous migration into Europe from the Arab world was a hangover from the colonial era; France had a large north African empire and the United Kingdom was a significant power in south Asia. 

Now that we have this situation of having enclaves, it's difficult to know what to do about it. Certainly I think that the 'you ain't no muslim bruv' approach is wrong; as if fundamentalist muslims will care whether people they view as infidels want to apologise for Islam. 

I'm glad that in England we've finally started treating muslim communities like everybody else; finally muslim councilors who conspired to prevent women from attaining positions of authority are being criticised and teachers who enforced daily prayers at state owned schools are getting thrown out. This finally reminds people that, whatever cultural background you're from, we all live in the same modern England and that we're not going to play a game with different rules for different people, and I think that's at least part of the solution. 

Hopefully Belgium will concentrate on making the next generation of people growing up in areas like Molenbeek feel like they are europeans with european values, rather than north Africans living in diaspora. 

Terrorism reproduces in conditions of instability and hate. It reproduces by radicalizing those who are vulnerable; those whose lives have already been destabilized. Bringing over refugees shields them from much of that instability that makes them most vulnerable, even though it does not eliminate the potential. The terrorists know this act deprives them of potential recruits and makes the process harder (in most cases.) So, of course then they will do anything to stop the West from taking away what they see as their stock; anything to try to draw us in deeper.

But, this is all ground well tred. I've said what I have to say. May peace come back to Brussels soon.

Edited by DrGravitas
Word Choice
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I think that previous migration into Europe from the Arab world was a hangover from the colonial era; France had a large north African empire and the United Kingdom was a significant power in south Asia. 

Now that we have this situation of having enclaves, it's difficult to know what to do about it. Certainly I think that the 'you ain't no muslim bruv' approach is wrong; as if fundamentalist muslims will care whether people they view as infidels want to apologise for Islam. 

I'm glad that in England we've finally started treating muslim communities like everybody else; finally muslim councilors who conspired to prevent women from attaining positions of authority are being criticised and teachers who enforced daily prayers at state owned schools are getting thrown out. This finally reminds people that, whatever cultural background you're from, we all live in the same modern England and that we're not going to play a game with different rules for different people, and I think that's at least part of the solution. 

Hopefully Belgium will concentrate on making the next generation of people growing up in areas like Molenbeek feel like they are europeans with european values, rather than north Africans living in diaspora. 

Tell me if I'm getting this wrong, but basically you blame us for the attack?

We try our best to welcome everyone, my neighbours are Muslim, they are some of the kindest people around.

Also about your view on Molenbeek, we didn't do any thing special to get such a high concentration of people who like the ideas of IS there.

All you need is 1 good speaker/leader and others will follow, that's what happened there.

So please stop your contemplating, no one has the right to kill others just for their own sake.

Even if the attitude of Europe hasn't been the best, that doesn't rectify killing innocents to get your point across.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hell_Charm said:

Tell me if I'm getting this wrong, but basically you blame us for the attack?

We try our best to welcome everyone, my neighbours are Muslim, they are some of the kindest people around.

Also about your view on Molenbeek, we didn't do any thing special to get such a high concentration of people who like the ideas of IS there.

All you need is 1 good speaker/leader and others will follow, that's what happened there.

So please stop your contemplating, no one has the right to kill others just for their own sake.

Even if the attitude of Europe hasn't been the best, that doesn't rectify killing innocents to get your point across.

Belgium did make itself a soft target for Islamic state sympathisers to organise themselves, because Belgium has long been regarded as the gun smuggling capital of Europe and there are enclaves available for networks of sympathisers to settle, without having to be worried about their neighbours reporting them to the police. 

I don't think this is the same as blaming average Belgians for terrorist attacks though; that would be like blaming average Germans for the Cologne attacks. Obviously average people have little to do with these things. 

I'm not sure why you feel it is necessary to say that nobody has the right to kill anybody else; nobody here is arguing in favour of that. O_o 

2 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Belgium did make itself a soft target for Islamic state sympathisers to organise themselves, because Belgium has long been regarded as the gun smuggling capital of Europe and there are enclaves available for networks of sympathisers to settle, without having to be worried about their neighbours reporting them to the police. 

I don't think this is the same as blaming average Belgians for terrorist attacks though; that would be like blaming average Germans for the Cologne attacks. Obviously average people have little to do with these things. 

I'm not sure why you feel it is necessary to say that nobody has the right to kill anybody else; nobody here is arguing in favour of that. O_o 

No but you ar basically saying that this is a logical event because our gouvernment has "fuelled" this.

Maybe you should stop and think for a minute, if it was your friends in danger you wouldn't be making comments like those.

It's lost and endangered lives we are talking about, so I just wanted to emphasise that you should consider your words more carefully.

I for one am not in the mood for comments like that ...

• Like 1

It is taking a little bit longer than normal but people in the media are chiming in with "This is a sad day but don't be racist."

Soon we'll hear about how this is yet another "isolated incident" in a long string of isolated incidents that form a pattern that everyone is ignoring.

Or it will be brushed off as "workplace violence." Or people will someone say the Belgians "deserved it" although that's kind of a tough one. I don't know of Belgium making anything other than delicious chocolate. 

People will be in denial right up until the moment they are being stabbed to death by a guy yelling about Allah. 

Everyone needs to wake up. 

This is not the time for irrational anger.

This is the time for completely justified rational anger. 

Being angry about being blown up is okay! Self defence is okay! It is time to stop being pussies and stand up for yourselves! 

People should be angry and fired up. That's what is supposed to happen when a mass murderers kill innocent people. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Hell_Charm said:

No but you ar basically saying that this is a logical event because our gouvernment has "fuelled" this.

Maybe you should stop and think for a minute, if it was your friends in danger you wouldn't be making comments like those.

It's lost and endangered lives we are talking about, so I just wanted to emphasise that you should consider your words more carefully.

In England several large networks of Muslim rapists survived for over a decade because police refused to arrest or investigate their putative existence, because they feared it would mean the public would perceive the police force as racist. There were hundreds of victims, mostly teenage girls.

They really were failed by the English government and police, and it is absolutely fair to say that former policies contributed to the problem, and actually facilitated it. 

It's the same deal with Belgium's relaxed attitude to border control and weapons controls. Years of poor control of weapons smuggling is the reason that militant religious groups were able to establish themselves in your country. :\ Not being in the mood doesn't make that problem go away. 

11 minutes ago, Hell_Charm said:

I don't know where Saxon is from, but i wonder how he would react if his countries capital was attacked. 

Europe is on the verge of a war, it's on our borders and coming closer and closer. What we do, now, will determine our future. 

We're playing a very difficult game of chess, and we must end it with as little losses as possible. On both sides. Innocent Arabic lives are just as valuable as innocent Belgian lives, after all. 

begium is a histically strong nation, i trust it will recover. Its not for nothing that the EU settles in brussels

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Saxon said:

In England several large networks of Muslim rapists survived for over a decade because police refused to arrest or investigate their putative existence, because they feared it would mean the public would perceive the police force as racist.

...unless it was all hearsay, if there was actual evidence of their existence that just sounds like a really bad excuse to not investigate

21 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

It is taking a little bit longer than normal but people in the media are chiming in with "This is a sad day but don't be racist."

Soon we'll hear about how this is yet another "isolated incident" in a long string of isolated incidents that form a pattern that everyone is ignoring.

Or it will be brushed off as "workplace violence." Or people will someone say the Belgians "deserved it" although that's kind of a tough one. I don't know of Belgium making anything other than delicious chocolate. 

People will be in denial right up until the moment they are being stabbed to death by a guy yelling about Allah. 

Everyone needs to wake up. 

This is not the time for irrational anger.

This is the time for completely justified rational anger. 

Being angry about being blown up is okay! Self defence is okay! It is time to stop being pussies and stand up for yourselves! 

People should be angry and fired up. That's what is supposed to happen when a mass murderers kill innocent people. 

The problem is that anger, no matter how justified can lead to rash and ultimately regretful decisions. I don't blame people for angry mind you, but we shouldn't let it fuel our decisions.

I mean that's how we get violent lynch mobs and people targeting innocent people they think are Muslim (keyword being 'think').

Edited by PastryOfApathy
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, willow said:

...unless it was all hearsay, if there was actual evidence of their existence that just sounds like a really bad excuse to not investigate

The police ignored the evidence given by desperate teenage and preteen victims of grooming because they regarded them as lying whores who wanted attention. The network of rapists in my own city was exposed after a man in a hotel room heard commotion and reported what he believed was a rape of a prostitute in progress. The police turned up and found a man raping a child. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_sex_gang

The gang of 7 was found to be guilty of sexually exploiting, torturing, drugging or grooming 300 girls. 

I've actually walked past one of the hotels in which the abuse was happening. It's permanently closed now. 

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/10469807.Three_arrested_in_raid_on_notorious_guest_house/

I don't know where Saxon is from, but i wonder how he would react if his countries capital was attacked. 

Europe is on the verge of a war, it's on our borders and coming closer and closer. What we do, now, will determine our future. 

We're playing a very difficult game of chess, and we must end it with as little losses as possible. On both sides. Innocent Arabic lives are just as valuable as innocent Belgian lives, after all. 

begium is a histically strong nation, i trust it will recover. Its not for nothing that the EU settles in brussels

I'm from England, which has been attacked previously. Lately a spate of muslim rape gangs were revealed, including a gang that was raping, drugging and torturing children in my own city. 

It is completely justified to criticise the police and local government for failing to root these criminal networks out and creating and environment in which they operated with impunity. 

Edited by Saxon

23 minutes ago, Saxon said:

In England several large networks of Muslim rapists survived for over a decade because police refused to arrest or investigate their putative existence, because they feared it would mean the public would perceive the police force as racist. There were hundreds of victims, mostly teenage girls.

They really were failed by the English government and police, and it is absolutely fair to say that former policies contributed to the problem, and actually facilitated it. 

It's the same deal with Belgium's relaxed attitude to border control and weapons controls. Years of poor control of weapons smuggling is the reason that militant religious groups were able to establish themselves in your country. :\ Not being in the mood doesn't make that problem go away. 

Alright, let me try to phrase this in a kind manner.

If you are only here to keep going on about how this could have been avoided and why it is our own fault, I'm asking you kindly to just leave this thread.

You are not in any way helping, let alone paying respect to the people who lost their lives by what you are saying.

And I'm not saying I'm not in the mood for this problem, I'm not in the mood to listen to someone blabbering from their safe spot about how they know it all. If you are so wise and know the solution, please go ahead and free the world of terrorism, hatred and all other things like that ...

If not, at least show some damn RESPECT to the people who have died

At what point in time will people realize that Islam is the problem? It's clear that child rape and sex trafficking won't convince the left

DEF not suicide bombings cause those have been occurring for a long time

not Muslims taking over neighbourhoods and labeling them "no gay zones" or tryin to ban dog walking 

not Muslims beating up the police in Muslim majority areas

not gang rapes committed by Muslims 

not gang violence committed by musljms

tell me, when will you people Learn? Some cultures do not mix with western culture and Islam is one of them

Just now, Hell_Charm said:

Alright, let me try to phrase this in a kind manner.

If you are only here to keep going on about how this could have been avoided and why it is our own fault, I'm asking you kindly to just leave this thread.

You are not in any way helping, let alone paying respect to the people who lost their lives by what you are saying.

And I'm not saying I'm not in the mood for this problem, I'm not in the mood to listen to someone blabbering from their safe spot about how they know it all. If you are so wise and know the solution, please go ahead and free the world of terrorism, hatred and all other things like that ...

If not, at least show some damn RESPECT to the people who have died

You're 'asking me kindly' to leave somebody else's thread? 

It's important to discuss the mistakes which allow these attacks to happen.

This is not equivalent to blaming the victims of the attacks or failing to show them respect; I'm not sure why you think it is. 

• Like 2

Just now, Gamedog said:

At what point in time will people realize that Islam is the problem? It's clear that child rape and sex trafficking won't convince the left

not Muslims taking over neighbourhoods and labeling them "no gay zones" or tryin to ban dog walking 

tell me, when will you people Learn? Some cultures do not mix with western culture and Islam is one of them

You realize Christians have done this too... and don't ever think atheists are all so innocent. They're fairly new so they didn't have time to start wars....yet.

It's starting to sound like a hitler speech, only 'jew' is replaced with 'Muslim'

There, i said it 

• Like 1

You realize Christians have done this too... and don't ever think atheists are all so innocent. They're fairly new so they didn't have time to start wars....yet.

It's starting to sound like a hitler speech, only 'jew' is replaced with 'Muslim'

There, i said it 

Christians did it during the crusades 

your argument is invalid

nice hitler ref

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

The "Islamic culture" emanating from certain Muslim communities, as well as the crimes committed by various fundamentalists is fucking atrocious absolutely. But labeling an entire religion as the root cause of everything is a dangerous path.

I mean I'm insanely critical of Islam and this whole refugee crisis and immigration, but that's a line too far.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Saxon said:

You're 'asking me kindly' to leave somebody else's thread? 

It's important to discuss the mistakes which allow these attacks to happen.

This is not equivalent to blaming the victims of the attacks or failing to show them respect; I'm not sure why you think it is. 

I'm not saying you are blaming the victims, but blaming the government for this happening is just as bad.

You really think they wanted this to happen?

You also really contradict yourself, we should not treat Muslims differently, but again you also say that we should take actions to keep them from doing stuff like this.

And I have just as many rights as the person who created this thread to point out your behavior.

You do fail to show them respect in my opinion, blaming their own country for their deaths that has in no way invoked this does not seem like paying respect to me...

9 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

The "Islamic culture" emanating from certain Muslim communities, as well as the crimes committed by various fundamentalists is fucking atrocious absolutely. But labeling an entire religion as the root cause of everything is a dangerous path.

I mean I'm insanely critical of Islam and this whole refugee crisis and immigration, but that's a line too far.

it really isnt. its the truth, and im not going to hide the truth because muslims will threaten to kill me in the name of islam

9 minutes ago, Hell_Charm said:

You also really contradict yourself, we should not treat Muslims differently, but again you also say that we should take actions to keep them from doing stuff like this.

You do fail to show them respect in my opinion, blaming their own country for their deaths that has in no way invoked this does not seem like paying respect to me...

.... How is "we should take actions to keep them from doing this" treating them differently?

Terrorists do not deserve an ounce of respect. If you have this sort of view, you deserve whatever comes to you IMO

7 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

it really isnt. its the truth, and im not going to hide the truth because muslims will threaten to kill me in the name of islam

.... How is "we should take actions to keep them from doing this" treating them differently?

Terrorists do not deserve an ounce of respect. If you have this sort of view, you deserve whatever comes to you IMO

It's not my view, I'm just quoting Saxon.

My idea on this if we see Muslims or people from whatever religion misbehaving or opposing a threat we can take actions against them, just as we would against our own ...

Some people may shout racism, just because it's foreigners, but in my opinion it's equality

Edited by Hell_Charm

4 minutes ago, Hell_Charm said:

It's not my view, I'm just quoting Saxon.

My idea on this if we see Muslims or people from whatever religion misbehaving or opposing a threat we can take actions against them, just as we would against our own ...

Some people may shout racism, just because it's foreigners, but in my opinion it's equality

what you wrote gives the completely opposite positio

23 minutes ago, Hell_Charm said:

I'm not saying you are blaming the victims, but blaming the government for this happening is just as bad.

You really think they wanted this to happen?

And I have just as many rights as the person who created this thread to point out your behavior.

Blaming the government for allowing weapons smugglers to get away without prosecution isn't 'just as bad' as blaming murder victims. 

Asking that Muslims be held to the same standards of police investigation as everyone else, and that better border and weapons controls be exercised is not the same as asking for Muslims to be treated with prejudice by the police. 

I am not sure why you can't tell the difference between these positions. Maybe I should ask to you 'politely leave the thread' and see if this solves things? 

You agree with me. This is what I am arguing for. Why have you been berating me? ._. 

Edited by Saxon
  • Like 1