Attacks on Brussles

Caledonian

Holy shit, this thread is a mess.

Remember guys, there is a difference between your average Muslim and the extremist Muslim. Your average Muslim is just your average person, trying to live a peaceful, prosperous life like everyone else. The extremist wants to terrorize and force his ideals onto others. DO NOT MIX THE TWO. Islam as a whole isn't the threat, ISIS is the threat. So stop attacking innocent people for their religion. Remember the Holocaust?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Remember guys, there is a difference between your average Muslim and the extremist Muslim. Your average Muslim is just your average person, trying to live a peaceful, prosperous life like everyone else. The extremist wants to terrorize and force his ideals onto others. DO NOT MIX THE TWO. Islam as a whole isn't the threat, ISIS is the threat. So stop attacking innocent people for their religion. Remember the Holocaust?

thank you lazer

4 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Maybe I should ask to you 'politely leave the thread' and see if this solves things? 

Maybe you're right, it's just with the current situation over here I'm not in the most stable state emotionally, seeing pictures of this horrible events and worrying about people close to you blurs your mind.

So I'll be leaving, I'm too close to this to have a decent conversation, because everything that can be interpreted as bad talking about this event gets me on edge.

7 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

seems like there's less "average" ones by your own standards.

there are facts to back this up, surveys done that prove "extremist" muslims are the minority

why do you people do this every time? every time, yu seem to care more about protecting the image of a dangerous religion than the people who are being blown to bits by their asinine fucking religious terrorists?

islamic terrorism has happened long before ISIS even existed.

you people need to stop using the holocaust as a pawn in your arguments, as well. its fucking insensitive.

Edited by Gamedog

Just now, Gamedog said:

seems like there's less "average" ones by your own standards.

there are facts to back this up, surveys done that prove "extremist" muslims are the minority

why do you people do this every time? every time, yu seem to care more about protecting the image of a dangerous religion than the people who are being blown to bits by their asinine fucking religious terrorists?

So I remind you guys not to blindly hate people, and you are so deep in your pit of hate that you attack me? You know what, fuck you. You are scum.

1 minute ago, LazerMaster5 said:

So I remind you guys not to blindly hate people, and you are so deep in your pit of hate that you attack me? You know what, fuck you. You are scum.

I didn't make any attacks against you, but I'm not surprised to see a defender of a terrorist religion insult me for disagreeing with him.

you people are so fucking typical. all of your actions can be predicted

next youll start calling me a facist and comparing me to hitler or goebbels.

guess what

more child rape is going to happen in the name of this religion and you people will continue to cover it up because of your strange desire to protect the shitty image of islam (that was gained through their own actions)

hows that taste.

49 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

The problem is that anger, no matter how justified can lead to rash and ultimately regretful decisions. I don't blame people for angry mind you, but we shouldn't let it fuel our decisions.

I mean that's how we get violent lynch mobs and people targeting innocent people they think are Muslim (keyword being 'think').

Justified rational anger leads to going after the people who planned and executed the attacks.

Irrational anger is what the terrorists used to kill innocent people. 

Don't confuse us and them. 

Number of refugees in Belgium getting free housing, food, and services from the people of Belgium: 29,000

Number of muslims killed in Belgium by lynch mobs: 0

Number of Belgians killed by muslims terrorists: 34 killed 170 or more injured and counting. 

Now is the time for rational anger. The people of Belgium should be very angry about being killed for helping people. 

You're complaining about a problem that does not exist. 

• Like 2

Just now, Gamedog said:

I didn't make any attacks against you, but I'm not surprised to see a defender of a terrorist religion insult me for disagreeing with him.

you people are so fucking typical. all of your actions can be predicted

next youll start calling me a facist and comparing me to hitler or goebbels.

guess what

more child rape is going to happen in the name of this religion and you people will continue to cover it up because of your strange desire to protect the shitty image of islam (that was gained through their own actions)

hows that taste.

For fuck's sake, not all Muslims are terrorists. That's like saying all Christians are spiteful bible thumpers.

And Catholic priests have had issues raping children as well. Don't try to say it's just Islam. 

3 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Number of refugees in Belgium getting free housing, food, and services from the people of Belgium: 29,000

thereis  3 year waiting list where i live for housing

the second these syrians stepped foot here, housing started opening up for them. theyre given priority over canadians and it infuriates me.

3 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

For fuck's sake, not all Muslims are terrorists. That's like saying all Christians are spiteful bible thumpers.

And Catholic priests have had issues raping children as well. Don't try to say it's just Islam. 

Where
Did
I
Say
This
Criticising this barbaric, inherently dangerous religion doesn't equate to saying "every Muslim is a terrorist"

Where
Where Where Where
Catholic priests are POS but at least we're ACKNOWLEDGING THERE IS A PROBLEM

Edited by Gamedog

2 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

thereis  3 year waiting list where i live for housing

the second these syrians stepped foot here, housing started opening up for them. theyre given priority over canadians and it infuriates me.

Where
Did
I
Say
This
Criticising this barbaric, inherently dangerous religion doesn't equate to saying "every Muslim is a terrorist"

Where
Where Where Where
Catholic priests are POS but at least we're ACKNOWLEDGING THERE IS A PROBLEM

How am I going to get it through your thick skull that the problem lies not in the religion itself, but the extremists killing in the name of religion? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LazerMaster5 said:

How am I going to get it through your thick skull that the problem lies not in the religion itself, but the extremists killing in the name of religion? 

wouldn't that mean there's an issue with the religion itself? lol

if there's only "islamic terrorists" and not "christian terrorists" or "buddhist terrorists", wouldn't that mean there's a problem with Islam?
Why is it always muslims killing in the name of Islam who are the culprits of these attacks?
How can you stil refuse to see the connection?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

How is the problem not the cult itself, when that's where they even get their murderous ideas from?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

wouldn't that mean there's an issue with the religion itself? lol

if there's only "islamic terrorists" and not "christian terrorists" or "buddhist terrorists", wouldn't that mean there's a problem with Islam?
Why is it always muslims killing in the name of Islam who are the culprits of these attacks?
How can you stil refuse to see the connection?

The Islamic terrorists are rallying around a grey area in the religion called " jihad" which means struggle. It refers to an inner struggle, to stay pure. However many have interpreted it as an outer struggle, to convert or kill all non-believers.

3 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

The Islamic terrorists are rallying around a grey area in the religion called " jihad" which means struggle. It refers to an inner struggle, to stay pure. However many have interpreted it as an outer struggle, to convert or kill all non-believers.

There are a lot of fucked up little factions in islam

my favourite is taqqiyah (idk if thats spelled right)

13 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Actually you should read their holy book. 

It is abundantly clear what followers of the religion are supposed to to do infidels which is basically anyone who does not follow their religion.

Actually sit down and read it. Then come back to this conversation. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

There are a lot of fucked up little factions in islam

my favourite is taqqiyah (idk if thats spelled right)

Yeah, that's how it all starts. It goes in sequence from the beginning where they mix in peacefully to the end where they basically take over. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Lots of religions do have problems with them. Even though a lot of Catholics are upstanding and nice people, allusions to god's disapproval of homosexuality in the bible have motivated the church and many of its members to treat homosexuals unfairly. 

We all understand this, and wouldn't regard criticism of the bible's content as prejudiced. 

Just like the bible, the Koran and hadith also contains verses which demand unequal treatment of people, such as homosexuals, women, infidels, apostates and so forth, which we would now regard as prejudiced. Several Muslim countries enforce these prejudices standards as law, not just ISIS. 

Criticism of any religious text is fair game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saxon said:

Lots of religions do have problems with them. Even though a lot of Catholics are upstanding and nice people, allusions to god's disapproval of homosexuality in the bible have motivated the church and many of its members to treat homosexuals unfairly. 

We all understand this, and wouldn't regard criticism of the bible's content as prejudiced. 

Just like the bible, the Koran and hadith also contains verses which demand unequal treatment of people, such as homosexuals, women, infidels, apostates and so forth, which we would now regard as prejudiced. Several Muslim countries enforce these prejudices standards as law, not just ISIS. 

Criticism of any religious text is fair game. 

The problem is when a religious text is taken literally and applied as actual law in the legal system.

This is exactly the case in many countries across the world. 

I don't think the bible is taken as actual enforceable law in any country - not even the Vatican. 

Also to say the verses treat people "unfairly" is a massive understatement. Being slain is more than unfair. You're just dead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terminal7 said:

No shit, the molestation isn't said to be "In the name of God".

I'm not really sure what this has to do with the topic, but it's not as though the Catholic church doesn't have a long standing record of doing heinous things in god's name, 

In the early 20th century women in Ireland who gave birth out of wedlock used to be deprived of their babies and systematically sent to nunneries and work houses to atone for their misdeeds in the name of god, as sanctioned by the Catholic church. Even today catholic missionaries still spread rumours in Africa that condoms cause HIV in the name of god, and tell western European nations that they have 'disappointing god' by allowing gay people to marry each other. 

• Like 1

The bible says a lot of fucked up shit; sensible Christians ignore that stuff and don't go gay bashing because they know it's wrong to.

In the same way that sensible Qu'ran readers don't stone women to death.

In both cases, if you take the book literally and don't question its grotesque archaic bullcrap, that's when hateful religious dickheads, or extremists, come to be.

• Like 2

Just now, DrDingo said:

The bible says a lot of fucked up shit; sensible Christians ignore that stuff and don't go gay bashing because they know it's wrong to.

In the same way that sensible Qu'ran readers don't stone women to death.

In both cases, if you take the book literally and don't question its grotesque archaic bullcrap, that's when hateful religious dickheads, or extremists, come to be.

On this subject...

You already need to have a strong sense of right and wrong to avoid being lead astray by a religious text; so why are people still choosing religious texts as a place to learn the difference between right and wrong? 

• Like 5

Just now, Saxon said:

On this subject...

You already need to have a strong sense of right and wrong to avoid being lead astray by a religious text; so why are people still choosing religious texts as a place to learn the difference between right and wrong? 

How else can I justify paying someone in silver and goats for killing their slave?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Justified rational anger leads to going after the people who planned and executed the attacks.

Irrational anger is what the terrorists used to kill innocent people. 

Don't confuse us and them. 

Number of muslims killed in Belgium by lynch mobs: 0

Number of Belgians killed by muslims terrorists: 34 killed 170 or more injured and counting. 

Now is the time for rational anger. The people of Belgium should be very angry about being killed for helping people. 

You're complaining about a problem that does not exist. 

I'm speaking in hypotheticals. I mean it's not like that kind of thing hasn't happened before throughout history, and I'd rather it not happen again

But I digress or whatever, ultimately nothing I says matters and I don't feel like getting some massive debate since I'm lazy and I don't care that much.

3 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Clearly an attack on furries, we must start a crusade.

black dogs need to come together and fight islam

26 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

sensible Qu'ran readers

the only way you can be a sensible quran reader is if youre reading it to find fucked up verses to use against it

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Speaking of which,  I wonder if any religion can be interpreted to mistreat furries.

considering islam condemns various species of animals for this and that reason, id say islam

other religions have incorporated anthro art into their religiojn before. cant remember which

i know the nordic ones liked animals, so do asian

8 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

considering islam condemns various species of animals for this and that reason, id say islam

other religions have incorporated anthro art into their religiojn before. cant remember which

i know the nordic ones liked animals, so do asian

Egyptians head some too. I prefer asian anthro art, history wise.

9 minutes ago, willow said:

except those two things exist..

Where?
Link me news articles about people committing terrorist attacks in the name of religion
I will bet my bottom dollar you're gonna throw some Dylan Roof shit up and then bring up ass-backwards middle east/north African Christian cults

I want proof that this shit is happening at the same rate islamic terrorist attacks and killings is, otherwise it's irrelevant and theres no point in bringing it up.

tumblr_o4g8ybuBFK1u5gbcuo1_1280.jpg

Just now, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Here's the deal. It isn't as easy to misinterpret the Christian religion, and the places were Christianity is a dominant religion are much more modernized, which affects the rate of terrorists.

that's an argument to cut out third world immigration if i ever saw one

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hell_Charm said:

I'm not saying you are blaming the victims, but blaming the government for this happening is just as bad.

You really think they wanted this to happen?

You also really contradict yourself, we should not treat Muslims differently, but again you also say that we should take actions to keep them from doing stuff like this.

And I have just as many rights as the person who created this thread to point out your behavior.

You do fail to show them respect in my opinion, blaming their own country for their deaths that has in no way invoked this does not seem like paying respect to me...

there is something like "reflection" and if the government caused tragedy, be it willing or by mistake, they do deserve to be criticized. (Without talking about the content of the critic, whether it is justified or whether this thread is the right place/time)

Edited by Toboe

13 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

Where?
Link me news articles about people committing terrorist attacks in the name of religion
I will bet my bottom dollar you're gonna throw some Dylan Roof shit up and then bring up ass-backwards middle east/north African Christian cults

I want proof that this shit is happening at the same rate islamic terrorist attacks and killings is, otherwise it's irrelevant and theres no point in bringing it up.

tumblr_o4g8ybuBFK1u5gbcuo1_1280.jpg

I'm not going to agree with either person in this discussion, but I happen to know that recent Buddhist attacks on the Burma's Muslim minority occurred recently:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Myanmar_anti-Muslim_riots

Buddhist violence and fundamentalism is an established problem in south east Asia...Buddhism's reputation as 'the level headed religion' doesn't reflect the reality. :\

Just now, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Wait really? I don't understand how that's an arguement to cut out third world immigration. Please explain? 

You don't allow masses of people direct from a third-world culture into a modernised peaceful country where the resident religions lack the zeal of the newcomers and expect nothing to go wrong.

Also people ITT acting like terror attacks are the only problem with the migrants lel

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gamedog said:

When a catholic priest molests a child we say there is a problem with the Catholic church

we don't call them extremist priests

If a priest is caught we call that priest a bastard.

If the church is caught knowing and protecting said priest...

43 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Leviticus-11-1_11-47/

7 minutes ago, Toboe said:

That's from the Old Testament, based primarily on the Hebrew Bible.

As an aside, I like how liberals scan the bible for quotes to paint Christians as just as bad as Islam but always find stuff from the Old Testament that the Christian mainstream doesn't follow. They follow the New Testament, most famous for its story and discussion of Christ.

Edited by Sir Gibby
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, #00Buck said:

You got to love how the apologists try to rewind the argument to 2000 years ago. 

Let's talk about what happened today! That is what is relevant!

Muslims are still mad that their conquest of southern europe got largely pushed back by the natives, after all these centuries. Silly, really.

Edited by Sir Gibby
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Saxon said:
9 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he [is] unclean unto you.

I see I have no place in islam.

I'm not going to agree with either person in this discussion, but I happen to know that recent Buddhist attacks on the Burma's Muslim minority occurred recently:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Myanmar_anti-Muslim_riots

Buddhist violence and fundamentalism is an established problem in south east Asia...Buddhism's reputation as 'the level headed religion' doesn't reflect the reality. :\

Attacking innocent people because of their religion is wrong. Riots happened in 2014 in Burma on Muslims (apparently a muslim man was accused of raping a woman and they kicked his ass and then rioted), but one single instance of this doesn't mean buddhism is a violent religion. There are no known widespread attacks done by buddhists to anybody in this day and age, but there are by muslims.

(Holy shit the quoting feature on here is garbage)
@Rabbit: Nobody belongs in ISlam, not even muslims. they kill each other for "interpreting" it slightly differently and have wars for hundreds of years over it all in all just a violent fucking mess