Who are you voting for? (U.S. citizens)

WolfyAmbassador

Who are you voting for? (U.S. citizens)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for or want to win in the general election?

1 hour ago, Lucyfish said:

Well, the GOP is never going to successfully elect another person again as long as they keep doing their retarded racism and homophobia shit, so they're all off my list.

You'd be surprised how quickly people are willing to forget about social issues when terrorism starts scaring people shitless, or the economy craps out.

1 hour ago, Zerig said:

>there are people here who's first pick is seriously Hillary Clinton

as much as I disagree with Bernouts, I at least can sort of understand them

but picking Hillary is like

why even

She's a good politician. She has skills in politicking. At the end of the day, she is the most viable individual for actually performing political tasks.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Butters said:

You'd think those wallstreet speculators would dress better. 

screen-shot-2016-01-29-at-2-27-59-pm.png

Also, you must really hate those trains and the NHS. 

With our trains, someone found out that its slightly cheaper to take a plane from london, to berlin, and then to glasgow, rather than take a train direct between those points. It's significantly cheaper to just get a coach.

The NHS is on the verge of failure and they've denied me a surgery that could have saved my hearing even though they know my condition is profound and slowly worsening. If I have a simple problem such as an ordinary ear infection they can leave me waiting for up to a month, completely unable to function, when all I need is an appointment that lasts up to ten minutes. My grandfather almost died over ten years ago because the NHS waiting list for life-saving heart surgery was so long, we had to go private to get him treatment. My dad has a rare glandular condition that required a small amputation from under his arm due to it being left for so long without treatment. The problem is back again, and they've kept him waiting since christmas to get treatment for the second time. So no, I don't like the NHS.

We're taxed very heavily in the UK, and corporations are taxed over 20%, and those earning 150k and over are taxed 45%, and our sales tax is 20%, which was increased from 17.5%. Because of this, our country faces a "brain drain" where many people who earn big, such as skilled doctors, are content to leave the country altogether. So taxing them something like 90% is hardly likely to make anything better.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sir Gibby said:

With our trains, someone found out that its slightly cheaper to take a plane from london, to berlin, and then to glasgow, rather than take a train direct between those points. It's significantly cheaper to just get a coach.

The NHS is on the verge of failure and they've denied me a surgery that could have saved my hearing even though they know my condition is profound and slowly worsening. If I have a simple problem such as an ordinary ear infection they can leave me waiting for up to a month, completely unable to function, when all I need is an appointment that lasts up to ten minutes. My grandfather almost died over ten years ago because the NHS waiting list for life-saving heart surgery was so long, we had to go private to get him treatment. My dad has a rare glandular condition that required a small amputation from under his arm due to it being left for so long without treatment. The problem is back again, and they've kept him waiting since christmas to get treatment for the second time. So no, I don't like the NHS.

We're taxed very heavily in the UK, and corporations are taxed over 20%, and those earning 150k and over are taxed 45%, and our sales tax is 20%, which was increased from 17.5%. Because of this, our country faces a "brain drain" where many people who earn big, such as skilled doctors, are content to leave the country altogether. So taxing them something like 90% is hardly likely to make anything better.

Of course there's a difference between being taxed that much and actually paying that much in taxes ;)

7 hours ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

Of course there's a difference between being taxed that much and actually paying that much in taxes ;)

Yeah, within the EU there's some kind of loophole that big businesses exploit. An example I referred to before would be Google making tons off of the UK, but only paying taxes for what it earns at its "home" in Ireland.

• Like 1

So I'm doing this thing, and it's a long ass test because, frustratingly, I don't accept just the yes or no answers and have to click on "other choices" every single time.
I've come up to the part where it says "Should the government classify bitcoin as legal currency". It's the first question I slapped "no" on without looking at the additional options.
I have now looked at the additional options and there's one that says "All countries should adopt buttcoin as their official currency." Did Rassah write this question?

Edit:
Wat?
2210150619.thumb.jpg.118fae713b9ee5fcf9c

Interestingly, according to the rest of the quiz:
I side with Bernie on most Criminal issues
I side with Johnson and Perry on most healthcare issues (Libertarians, huh)
I side with Bernie on most social issues
I side with Johnson on most science issues
I also apparently side with Hillary on a few issues... this thing is rigged I swear.

Edited by Crazy Lee