Local Cuisine

Kinharia

1 hour ago, Kinharia said:

I have tasted all sorts of foods in my life, yet the heart warming, artiery clogging, heart attack inducing food we have here in Ireland is still a top notch for me. Here is some pictures of Irish Cusine that I just love

GettyImages-73741122-2-Ulster-Fry-1500.j  Hearty%2BIrish%2BStew.JPG
Photo%2B03-08-2015%2B18%2B42%2B32.jpg

give meeeeeee

i mean...dutch cuisine is rubbish.

Patat_speciaal_and_frikandel_speciaal.jp

media_xl_772120.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kinharia said:

We have Black Pudding which is made from Pigs Blood. We have White Pudding which is Pig Fat. If you can eat Irish/Scottish cuisine you can tolerate just about anything really xD

aaah it's made of the left over meat from carcasses, from chickens, cows, horses and pigs. also supposedly eyeballs and udders are added.

• Like 1

Just now, Caledonian said:

aaah it's made of the left over meat from carcasses, from chickens, cows, horses and pigs. also supposedly eyeballs and udders are added.

I'd still eat it. My attitude towards food is "If it doesn't kill you, try it at least once"

• Like 2

Illinois has a shit ton of food that will probably give you a heart attack.

for example, here's a horseshoe:

2757458800_c10499b906.jpg?v=0

now you're probably thinking this is just a plate of cheese fries but it is in fact not just a plate of cheese fries. this is actually a sandwich. usually there's meat in it too

we also have deep dish pizza in Chicago

enhanced-buzz-2131-1367507661-10.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, willow said:

Illinois has a shit ton of food that will probably give you a heart attack.

for example, here's a horseshoe:

now you're probably thinking this is just a plate of cheese fries but it is in fact not just a plate of cheese fries. this is actually a sandwich. usually there's meat in it too

Holy fucking shit

I'd probably feel ill after eating that

Here in New Mexico, we have green chile cheeseburgers, with the state tourism department maintaining a "Green Chile Cheeseburger Trail."  I'm surprised no one's gone over near Trinity Site and tried to sell a "Green Chile Cheeseburger Apocalypse."

84625296-4ab5-4fef-b2c6-0cc278148294.jpg

In Western New Mexico, we also have Navajo tacos, naturally served with Red Or Green.

13southwest133.JPG

Trivia: Because of New Mexico's unique chiles, the official state question is, "Red or green?".

• Like 1

It seems we don't like our food quite so complicated around here.

Livermush - Eat it with a fork or with two pieces of bread unless you want to be doing it wrong.

There's actually a whole festival dedicated to this stuff in Shelby.

livermush-1.jpg

Carolina pulled pork - Could brutally ripping apart a pig's remains result in anything better?

You run the risk of a fight if you argue against this stuff out near Wilmington, I've been told.

pulled_pork.jpg

We're also a pretty soda-friendly place, so you can still find soda fountains in drug stores around here with nice sodas. Short of that, plenty of good North Carolina foods are dying out or have become nationally/internationally popular.

Oh yeah. I almost forgot North Carolina muscadines (muskEYdines, please and thank you). They're pretty much grapes but better, grow all over the place, and are superior to muscadines from any other state. Serve them however you like, but the best preparation is a long walk on a trail, sweaty hands, and a dressing of canteen water to wash away the impurities.

I believe people make wine out of them, though. Complete waste if you ask me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MalletFace said:

arolina pulled pork - Could brutally ripping apart a pig's remains result in anything better?

I've had that stuff. It's surprisingly tasty for pork, but I always end up pulling the pulled pork out of my teeth for an hour afterward.

24 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Poutine and maple syrup. respectively. Two things that one must at least once have a taste of. But separately, please.

Poutine is unholy. :v

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

I've had that stuff. It's surprisingly tasty for pork, but I always end up pulling the pulled pork out of my teeth for an hour afterward.

It is the only pork I enjoy.

That's a sign it has been prepared well, by the way. If you get chewy little bits that don't leave strands in your teeth, then you're at the wrong place. That's why you'll usually see BBQ restaurants here still stocking toothpicks.

• Like 1

I. FUCKING. LOVE. POUTINE. Can only really get that shit up north so it's not really local and I haven't been over the border in a few years.

Other than that, well we're your one and only place for real wings. There's a reason out of state, people call them "Buffalo Wings." The restaurant chain can get fucked.

• Like 1