Bernie Sanders Supporters are a Cult

Toshabi

It's legit creepy how obsessive these people are. I have people acting as if Bernie Sanders is the 2nd coming of Christ just because a fucking bird landed on his podium during one of his cult rallies. Jfc people, you people are the same guys that make fun of people who think they saw Jesus on toast, and here you are crying and claiming that Bernie is a god cause a dumb bird flew up on stage during a speech. Get over yourselves. I legitimately can't wait for Hilary Clinton to win the nomination so you idiotic dreamers can have your messiah struck down with an iron spear and become nothing more than a page on www.knowyourmeme.com with the likes of Ron Paul. 

Still placing bets in favor of people committing suicide if Herpie Bernie Christ is not nominated for the Democrats for the 2016 race. Holla! 

4IsuCCR.png

29 minutes ago, FlynnCoyote said:

And... what exactly?

Exactly!

Who gives a fuck if a bird landed on his little platform of god almighty. He's still really really old and delusional, like all his pawns (aka "Pay for muh college Bernie). 

Edited by Toshabi

Calm down. The bird thing is kinda silly yeah, but its cute and helps them push him. And after all, if someone is really supportive and passionate towards a presidential candidate, they might want to push that candidate on others. Its like missionaries, but for politics.

Not that that's necessarily a good thing, but for such people, its whatever gets votes. And if getting excited over a bird and trying to derive meaning from it brings in possible votes, that's all that's important.

As for a redditor thinking of committing suicide because Sanders isn't as popular as Hilary...Well, people sometimes act really dumb when on a sort of "high" in hype for something or someone and it not working out.  The person will probably get over it, however, it is concerning that someone would consider doing such a thing and speaks ill of such a person's health. I would hope that they don't and move on, but...Well, please don't try and compare such a person with the average Bernie Sanders supporter in some kind of generalization.

Edited by Battlechili
  • Like 3

I'm glad these people exist. I wanna see the hilarious antics that are guaranteed to happen once Bernie officially loses.

There's going to be at least one riot if nothing else, and watching hypocritical liberals throw a hissyfit is a national pastime. Especially when you now have braindead racists like BLM the usual SJW spergs thrown into the mix.

I'm gettin' all giddy thinking about~

• Like 3

I subscribed to r/politics a few weeks ago because I was interested in finding out more about American politics but unsubbed eventually because goddamn, that place is just a Bernie circlejerk. Literally every other link was like "Bernie Sanders just did this and he is great because of it" or "Bernie is amazing and can win, don't believe the upperclass, this revolution will happen". Like the mods just forgot what fair moderation was and fucked off.

If I was American I probably would support him but not in such a horrifically culty way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sutekh_the_Steak said:

I subscribed to r/politics a few weeks ago because I was interested in finding out more about American politics but unsubbed eventually because goddamn, that place is just a Bernie circlejerk. Literally every other link was like "Bernie Sanders just did this and he is great because of it" or "Bernie is amazing and can win, don't believe the upperclass, this revolution will happen". Like the mods just forgot what fair moderation was and fucked off.

If I was American I probably would support him but not in such a horrifically culty way.

My sister is one of those types and oh god, it's fuckin' painful once she gets going.

At least I get to mock her whenever Bernie loses something (which is often).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

My sister is one of those types and oh god, it's fuckin' painful once she gets going.

At least I get to mock her whenever Bernie loses something (which is often).

Is your sister also a furry?

6 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

Youths for Hi--Oh excuse me, I meant Bernie. 

He's a dehydrated communist. 

11 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

I think it's a bit weird to say "oh ya mang, my sister is like totally hawt."

Not if she is. It is a physical characteristic. Like being tall or skinny or anything like that. 

If people went around saying that she's hot all the time then that would indicate that she is hot.

If people really don't say anything about her looks then she's probably average which is totally fine.

Holy shit, I actually got bored and decided to check  the frontpage of r/politics. Holy shit...

d97af2eeb056c0e89b9c50db5362cd76.png

it just doesn't stop...

62f68493ad24826e273a6b1f9e72076f.png

I know it's Reddit, but fuck...

61b42bd70a653a01187bb5d867c9ca3a.png

5 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Not if she is. It is a physical characteristic. Like being tall or skinny or anything like that. 

If people went around saying that she's hot all the time then that would indicate that she is hot.

If people really don't say anything about her looks then she's probably average which is totally fine.

She has a boyfriend and claims to be a model, so I guess she can be considered attractive.

• Like 1

Eh, his fears about his loans don't seem that illegitimate.

Boy, am I glad we can go to college for free here. Those crazy college fees have got to be one of the worst points about America.

Edited by Luka
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Holy shit, I actually got bored and decided to check  the frontpage of r/politics. Holy shit...

d97af2eeb056c0e89b9c50db5362cd76.png

it just doesn't stop...

62f68493ad24826e273a6b1f9e72076f.png

I know it's Reddit, but fuck...

61b42bd70a653a01187bb5d867c9ca3a.png

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Almost nothing but biased news articles and cherry-picked pro-Sanders data.

Having a few links like that would be forgivable, but the entire front page? Nope.

You call us a cult, but our religion is fundamentally more pro-humanity than most. For example. see these passages from the Holy Book of Bernard:

"Tortured be the Americans, yet HE blesses them - For HE suffers for us. Empty be the students' wallets, yet HE blesses them - For HE provides for us. Sparse be Trump's hairs, yet HE blesses them - For HE combs for us. Sleepy be Carson's eyes, yet he Blesses them - For HE sees for us" (Truths. 2:23).

"And Bernie looked to the crowd and let His will be known: Do not hurt these bankers of Wall Street - these men of money - for they expect to be hurt. Lay not a finger on them, for their punishment is not the task of any human man but of the Internal Revenue Service" (Jane 5:17).

"Bernie placed His hand on the weeping man's wallet, and it was filled, and the weeping man prostrated himself at Bernie's feet. Bernie said unto him: Lie not at my feet, for it was not my hand that saved you. No, it was the hand of the American people" (Jane 4:20).

"Have you the right to judge a man for his wealth? You have no such right, for it is you that claims to understand the invisible hand when yours is so small" (Jane 7:13).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sutekh_the_Steak said:

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Almost nothing but biased news articles and cherry-picked pro-Sanders data.

Having a few links like that would be forgivable, but the entire front page? Nope.

Reddit in general is a liberal circle jerk, trying to find any pro right-wing stuff on there is about as easy as trying to find pro left-wing stuff on /pol/

Edited by BlitzCo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BlitzCo said:

Reddit in general is a liberal circle jerk 

My closest IRL friend claims its a conservative website.

I have trouble understanding how he comes up with and/or views such a site that way. Anything Sanders gets upvoted by the motherload, and /r/the_donald is looked at as a joke.

I feel like neither side is inherently bad, neither liberal or conservative are inherently bad.

It's the people that make up the general populous of the sides and both Bernie supports and Trump supports are going way too nuts over their candidates.

I was in the student centre with my friend eating dinner, and it was on CNN playing Bernie's speech and people were cheering for him like he was fucking Jesus reincarnated

honestly I mainly support Sanders because he's the candidate who's probably least likely to ruin my life.

and the way Hillary tries to appeal to younger crowds is actually really insulting to me

but I digress. Bernie supporters are overly passionate and while that's not inherently a bad thing, I think they're trying to do too much. 

like Bernie and I find the way people talk about him unforgivably stupid. Sanders has ideas that are genuine policy, but he's also pretty obviously demagogic. He's clearly not looking to adjust the pretense of Congress as much as play into the ideas of the people. Makes sense considering his background, but then people take his statements at face value even when they could be wrong.

• Like 1

Frankly I'm just personally against misinformation period. My own philosophy is to accept that we are going to have preferential biases and that we have to work to look past them.

I dislike Trump supporters because they don't research their candidate. I dislike Bernie supporters because they only choose the information they feel fits their reasoning.

We all have a fundamental responsibility to accredit information that doesn't fit our dogma. I don't think many people realize this.

Edited by evan
  • Like 1