Star Fox Zero

TrishaCat

Just now, Imperial Impact said:

That's odd coming from you, Since I thought you like Treasure games(?)

Not all of them. Most of them. But there are some that have really odd control issues...

Like a certain game I just played with a Fox in space.

S&P, Radiant Silvergun, and Alien Soldier are just...weird to play to me.

Just now, XoPachi said:

Not all of them. Most of them. But there are some that have really odd control issues...

Like a certain game I just played with a Fox in space.

S&P, Radiant Silvergun, and Alien Soldier are just...weird to play to me.

I can't say about the other game but Star Successor's were self explanatory. 

3 minutes ago, Imperial Impact said:

I can't say about the other game but Star Successor's were self explanatory. 

The first one just felt really stiff. The second wasn't the controls. I just flat out didn't like it. The levels were kinda boring to me. 

My opinion on the game might be different. I haven't played it in ages, so yeah probably.

Honestly. The only fun parts in Zero for me were the on rails sections. Once you went into all range mode (for all the vehicles) I just didn't even care anymore. Though the path I took sucked. Didn't even get to use the landmaster...though I imagine that's a good thing.

And no. You can't turn off gyro controls. And the game forces you to use it -by design- at certain points. 

At least I got to fight Attack Carrier.

40 minutes ago, Imperial Impact said:

I genuinely feel bad for anyone who enjoys Skyward Sword.

Jesus Christ, that game... :l

I don't think Zero is on that level though. There's a fun game there and a patch would fix the controls, but we know they won't put one in. If they just offered a traditional side control scheme in an options menu, the game would be dandy and SKYROCKET to one of my favorite StarFox games. But as it stands, it's like average to me. But SS was just...lmao. Yup, that was a game. y:

I think most anime values the quality of the art itself over the animation; I don't think it's necessarily worse off for it because the art direction really appeals to me and I also value that over animation (both are important though)

Keep in mind though, I like Skyward Sword

15 minutes ago, SirRob said:

I think most anime values the quality of the art itself over the animation; I don't think it's necessarily worse off for it because the art direction really appeals to me and I also value that over animation (both are important though)

Keep in mind though, I like Skyward Sword

I swear I think that's the truth sometimes...

I remember this one scene from K-On that's pretty much the absolute WORST offender when it comes to this pet peeve of mine.  These three girls were standing there, and they were giving a nervous thumbs up while they "walked away" and the camera panned around.  They "walked away" by taking that one pose and shunting it over every half second, and they were bobbing up and down to look like they were walking.  The camera panning was smooth, so smooth in fact that the "walking" was essentially making the girl pop to the other side of the screen.  I seen NES games with better animation.

Now K-On has neither quality art nor quality animation.

Edit:  Hey, I didn't know this site has Stylisth presets.  Good to know we got folks with good taste, dark themes are <3.

21 hours ago, Luca said:

Lets see how long this stays up?

I've been following this for a long while and I'm glad it's finally out. I love the lighting, colors, and use of gradients. It just oozes style and atmosphere. 

It really feels like a legit cartoon you'd find airing late-night on Adult Swim, but without the immature gross-out humor. 

• Like 1

That animation was delightfully homosexual.

I'm having a lot of fun with Zero. I'm trying to unlock all the paths before heading to the final boss. I wish Andross's army had a bit more color to it, it feels like I'm fighting the same thing sometimes, even though the ships are different.

1 hour ago, SirRob said:

I wish Andross's army had a bit more color to it, it feels like I'm fighting the same thing sometimes, even though the ships are different.

Apparently Nintendo has been slowly, but surely, catching up on "high definition" video games.  All they need to do now is use and abuse the hell out of Unreal Engine 3.

1 minute ago, major lee snake said:

Apparently Nintendo has been slowly, but surely, catching up on "high definition" video games.  All they need to do now is use and abuse the hell out of Unreal Engine 3.

I don't get how that would make the space ships not red

2 hours ago, SirRob said:

I wish Andross's army had a bit more color to it, it feels like I'm fighting the same thing sometimes, even though the ships are different.

Thats because we are sorta seeing this game from a third party

If we were to go realistic...you'll see a lot of gray and dull colours

Since we need to see the two sides, they are colored differently. This is the gimmick that existed on starfox 64 of the katina level where both sides were coloured the same thus you were more reliant on the radar than your own eyes to tell the difference.

2 hours ago, SirRob said:

That animation was delightfully homosexual.

I'm having a lot of fun with Zero. I'm trying to unlock all the paths before heading to the final boss. I wish Andross's army had a bit more color to it, it feels like I'm fighting the same thing sometimes, even though the ships are different.

Well most villain armies stick to a distinct, consistent color scheme. Like the Empire. Personally, I feel like the shapes of Andross's ships aren't distinct enough except for the Attack Carrier and their bootleg Star Destroyer.

19 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

I feel like the shapes of Andross's ships aren't distinct enough except for the [ship re-used from an older game] and their [ship based on an existing ship].

That should speak volumes of Nintendo's current design philosophies.  Can't do anything new if their lives depended on it, but they can certainly rely on their tried and true tactics.

And people wonder why Nintendo constantly "rehashes" when it's clearly what the same people actually want.

Better than the goddamn game too. This makes up for like everything.

Also. Really like that Falco sounds like a mix between his goofy SNES "voice" and Stallone. All the voices were great though especially Wolf and Andross. And Fox rightfully sounds like a dork. :^)

EDIT: http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/27/11516888/nintendo-nx-new-console-news-date-games Most important bit is that the NX will be released next March. Thank you god, the Wii U can hit the road.