Things that you love! v2

Sar

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

Picked up my newly-framed picture yesterday! I'm rather happy with how they did the framing:

20160906_185916.jpg

CadmiumTea is one of all my all time favorite artists, hands down.

Look at the bringing the moon piece on walnut, the want.

I personally bought the cute little corgi for my sis, aswell as a small one they did of a raven.... but as soon as I put it in the store for framing hard financial times hit amd I haven't gone back to pay for it yet which makes me feel awful.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be drawing as much if I didn't frequently visit this site. I've also learned so many techniques and "drawing skills" just by carefully looking at your fine pieces. I appreciate all the hard work of all the artists here and I should thank you for inspiring me to draw because that's what I love to do when I really get into it

I have a super weird post.

I was recently browsing fur affinity for fursuit pics (as one does) and I came across a user posting pictures of themselves wearing nothing but a fursuit head and a diaper. I personally don't care, but I knew it was against the acceptable upload policy, so I noted them telling them that.

Usually you can expect to get a really rude response, but this time the user was apologetic and thanked me for letting him know so that he could remove them. He was a genuinely nice guy about it.

So you know, I love it when something goes much better than you expect.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

Picked up my newly-framed picture yesterday! I'm rather happy with how they did the framing:

20160906_185916.jpg

That frame really compliments the picture well, good choice!

Also I notice a Simon Stalenhag book; I've always loved his artwork, the way he juxtaposes the mundane and (often decaying) fantastical in his worlds is really powerful.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Osrik said:

That frame really compliments the picture well, good choice!

Also I notice a Simon Stalenhag book; I've always loved his artwork, the way he juxtaposes the mundane and (often decaying) fantastical in his worlds is really powerful.

Yeah, I only just recently discovered he has books and this is my first; I really love the way he builds his world in it! Previously, I only sort of knew his work through occasionally seeing it crop up online, so I was thrilled when I stumbled upon the recognizable image of that book cover on Amazon!

• Like 1

OK so over the weekend there was an offer going on on protein powder. I got another bag of cookies and cream flavour because I already had a 1kg bag of that, and it was really tasty, and I got through almost all of it in about 2 weeks. I also got a bag of cinnamon swirl flavour. I was excited about this because the reviews said it was really good (and that the cookies and cream which I like, was mediocre) and I could live off those things. In fact, at uni I pretty much DID live off cinnamon swirls.

It all arrived today, and holy shit. I've only had 2 scoops and I already wish I'd gotten a bigger bag. Absolutely purely HEAVENLY.

Climbing trees.

It'd odd, as a kid, I'd do it all the time, and just recently, the idea popped into my head that it'd still be fun, and it is; especially when you find a particularly good tree to climb. Plus, once you're up there, and settled in, and stay quiet, you can observe the wildlife from a different perspective.

• Like 1

Went to an AFA-owned campground up in the mountains, since Ariel's mom's bf is marines.

No phone service. Middle of the woods.
Hot as shit during the day. Ice in our tents during the night.
Only bathrooms were portapots.

We went hiking, picture-taking, and canoing.
The area was really nice, and 3000ft higher than where we are now.
I wanna go there again. It reminds me of camping in WV a bit, since it's more "camping" and less "boating, with some RV hookups for people who wanna sleep over all night," like most of the places I've been to here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, evan said:

Adam Betts is a drummer I want to someday be, dear god

Not gonna lie, I read his name as "Adam Beets" at first.

That's actually really cool though. Didn't even know percussive synthesizers were a thing either.

Just now, pothocket said:

Not gonna lie, I read his name as "Adam Beets" at first.

That's actually really cool though. Didn't even know percussive synthesizers were a thing either.

honestly with the proper triggers set up, pretty much anything is possible nowadays. there's so many new avenues of electronic performance, it is a *huge* medium now