Things that you love! v2

Sar

The new season of The Walking Dead. It's always enjoyable to see actors that can make a work of fiction come to life and feel so real you forget that they're just actors in a work of fiction. And this Negan guy is savage as fuck! He makes The Governor look like a choir boy.

4 minutes ago, Sourdough said:

I really like this new job. Hours are good (1pm start woo), work is interesting, and the office is full of good friendly people. Landed on my loafy butt there. 

Three weeks and no pay yet though, and a mans gotta eat c':

I'd look into this. Most places the pay cycle is two weeks. 

16 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

I'd look into this. Most places the pay cycle is two weeks. 

Yeah, I would as well. Sometimes, it can take a bit for the first week to get added to the payroll cycle, but if by the 4 week I didn't see a check, I'd be really, really suspicious. 

~

I kinda miss waiting tables in ways, even though it was hard, and you didn't get benefits. But you got paid every night, and on a decent Friday and Saturday, I'd walk with $150 cash, and only have to declare about half for taxes. But it gets draining...I do miss that feeling of just getting straight out in cash, though. This was maybe around 2002, so that was decent money, at the time. (Not that I saved it, or did anything responsible with it!)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Yeah, I would as well. Sometimes, it can take a bit for the first week to get added to the payroll cycle, but if by the 4 week I didn't see a check, I'd be really, really suspicious. 

~

I kinda miss waiting tables in ways, even though it was hard, and you didn't get benefits. But you got paid every night, and on a decent Friday and Saturday, I'd walk with $150 cash, and only have to declare about half for taxes. But it gets draining...I do miss that feeling of just getting straight out in cash, though. This was maybe around 2002, so that was decent money, at the time. (Not that I saved it, or did anything responsible with it!)

Silly Fossa! Money is for spending not saving! 

• Like 1

A site I found by chance called fxsolver. Seems to be a big list of foumulae used in various fields. 

The best part being that it also lets you feed the values you get from the results of using one formula into a second formula and so on.

Saves me having to recall more obscure or complex ones and from the PITA of making whatever term the subject.

Says it's still a beta though and it stutters a lot when scrolling on iPhones for some reason.

• Like 1

This finale of 2008's Musikschau der Nationen ("Music Show of the Nations"), an annual concert held in Bremen, Germany, that features military and police bands from around the world. 2008's finale was a gorgeous rendition of Highland Cathedral. I bet @Caledonian would get a kick out of this.

13 hours ago, Lopaw said:

A site I found by chance called fxsolver. Seems to be a big list of foumulae used in various fields. 

The best part being that it also lets you feed the values you get from the results of using one formula into a second formula and so on.

Saves me having to recall more obscure or complex ones and from the PITA of making whatever term the subject.

Says it's still a beta though and it stutters a lot when scrolling on iPhones for some reason.

I initially misread this as 'foxlover' and though I was about to see a new source of adorable fox photos. I need more caffeine...

• Like 1

That there is a Timesplitters fan game in the works, which looks quite promising:

http://tsrewind.com

I was a huge fan of Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect (though they never had a PC release, so I could only play them at my friend's house), and was really looking fowards to 4 until it was scrapped after numerous delays. Now I have stumbled upon this fan project, being made in consultation with some of the artists and level designers of the original games and with the approval of the licence holders, and my hopes of a new Timesplitters game are rekindled. From what I have read, the team seem dedicated to recreating the experience of the original games rather than messing around with the formula, which is always good. The project lead has hinted that there might be a partial release sometime next year, so I may not have too long to wait until I can play Timesplitters again, this time on my PC...

4 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

The Indians won game 1 of the World Series. Wouldn't it be something if the Indians become world champions the same year as the Cavs? Absolutely insane.

Yea fuck that. I know you're in Indians territory, but the Cubs haven't won in 108 years, and haven't been in the world series since 1945. So yea, they've earned that right.

19 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Yea fuck that. I know you're in Indians territory, but the Cubs haven't won in 108 years, and haven't been in the world series since 1945. So yea, they've earned that right.

Hey, I can't help it if the Cubs have sucked until recently.

27 minutes ago, Hux said:

Nah, not if I hit you with frost breath, conjure two Dremora Lords and smack your ass into Sovngarde with a fire-chanted legendary Daedric sword.

nEZdOzp.gif

>implying all this small time bullshit will save you from my stealth archer

giflxxS.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

I could just use detect life or detect undead if you're a vampire.

Plus, your shitty meme arrows would have little effect once I've cast dragon skin.

Sorry for the late reply. I've been really busy leveling my werewolf tree like the determined furfaggot that I am.

• Like 1

Shit, I'll just shoot all your asses with arrows in the kneecaps, since that apparently is a serious weakness for races in this game.

7 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

[picture]

49222_original.jpg

ee0.jpg

Edit: I just read it. They are certainly obsessed with stealth archers.

2 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

So it seems the entire Bundy standoff crew got acquitted. The immense anal devastation on Reddit is delicious.

Apparently jury nullification is a good thing only when DUDE WEED LMAO

Good to know that taking over government buildings by force with guns and threatening to shoot government officials is not considered a crime. Maybe they took pointers from Rassah or something.

Well, they could always try again. Another delicious armed revolution against The Man. Then I can watch delightfully as their rag tag band of guys with ar-15s get blown away by just a drone armed with missiles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Good to know that taking over government buildings by force with guns and threatening to shoot government officials is not considered a crime. Maybe they took pointers from Rassah or something.

Well, they could always try again. Another delicious armed revolution against The Man. Then I can watch delightfully as their rag tag band of guys with ar-15s get blown away by just a drone armed with missiles.

A Tolerant Leftist Intellectual advocating the government use lethal military force against American citizens with zero due process as if that won't set a bad precedent? I'm shocked, I say. Absolutely shocked.

I guess it's okay when BLM actively destroy entire neighborhoods and shut down major highways for hours on end because they're just "punching up", but don't you fucking dare try to protest if you're white and conservative.

fuck_outta_here_by_kwannak-d9nrlsj.jpg

11 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

A Tolerant Leftist Intellectual advocating the government use lethal military force against American citizens with zero due process as if that won't set a bad precedent? I'm shocked, I say. Absolutely shocked.

I never considered myself tolerant or leftist. And yes, the government CAN use lethal force if said American citizens were to try to rise up against the government using force or weapons, which anti-government types like the Bundys would like to do. It's something known as treason. There are laws against it. You can't just up and kill government officials or try to take over the government with massive force and violence, and the government has the right to stop you through arrests or deadly force back. Unless you prescribe to the Rassah school of thought that everyone should rebel because all government is satanic and pure evil.

11 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

I guess it's okay when BLM actively destroy entire neighborhoods and shut down major highways for hours on end because they're just "punching up", but don't you fucking dare try to protest if you're white and conservative.

Holy fuck batman he's putting words into my mouth.

Where did I ever say that I agree with BLM destroying neighborhoods or shutting down highways? I don't, and I think it's stupid.

But since you assume I'm some kind of radical leftist, which I'm not, I guess that means you believe I'm some hardcore BLM supporter who is okay with that behavior, because you assume all leftists are like that.

Nice assumptions but they make you look dumb.

Edited by Vae
Keep your personal attacks out of the thread, or remove yourself from it.
  • Like 1

I love having fully functional wifi for the first time in 4 months. I can watch videos in my bed, sitting on my front porch, and while on the can; before I could only use my wifi if I was sitting at my kitchen table right next to my router. Ahhhhhhhhhhh

11 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

I never considered myself tolerant or leftist. 

If it goose-steps like a leftist and consistently advocates for violating the human rights of its political opponents like a leftist......

You can't just up and kill government officials or try to take over the government with massive force and violence

TIL a bunch of drunk idiots (many of which may have been FBI informants or even instigators) is "massive force" and apparently Robert Finicum, the only person to die (and who was reaching in his pocket, not brandishing a gun) is a government employee.

and the government has the right to stop you through arrests

Show me where I disagreed with this concept at all. I have no problem with government agents as long as they're applying due process and respecting human rights. You're the one over here hoping the Air Force starts dropping fucking drone-fired Hellfires on people who believe the wrong things.

Nice assumptions but they make you look dumb.

Fucking hysterical that you of all people say this.

Edited by Vae
Keep your personal attacks out of the thread, or remove yourself from it.

I'm starting to get fitter, it's a really nice feeling just to get into running again and push myself further each time. I'm hoping to get to a point where I can run to the nearby beach and swim for awhile then run home.

• Like 6