Things that you love! v2

Sar

35 minutes ago, Saxon said:

The other students on my course asked me what animal I am. >m<
I don't have a fursona, but you know, they were pretty positive about the whole furry thing, and I didn't expect that. C:
One of them told me I should be a caribou.

Aw! You should choose skunk! I can see you as that, pretty easily, given your quirkiness. Or maybe an unusually amiable badger, or a sly mongoose.

Well, nice that they were on the friendly/inquisitive side of things!

A good night of playing board games. Just got Istanbul, and it's amazingly fun, and a fun two player called, Tally-Ho ! where you alternate being the hunter and hunted, with hunters, lumberjacks, ducks, pheasants, foxes and bears! Very cute game, with amazing replay-ability, for the $$$. ($15, on sale)

4 minutes ago, Silo said:

Yup, they are.

Boxelder-Bug-Pictures.jpg

My first interaction with one was a couple of weeks ago and it flew into my hand. Unfortunately it died in my hands. Disappointing really.

I rented a house once where they'd always come in the back porch/kitchen, near the fall. Never really bothered me. Curious critters.

• Like 2

Just finished the last of Grandma's green bean casserole.

She always bakes it for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Green beans, bacon bits, diced onions, and I think she said brown sugar, probably some other things, cooked in a glass pan... best shit ever. She claims it's some southern recipe... could probably find the ingredients easily online.

• Like 2

The annual holiday metal fest at the Beachland Ballroom came and went, and it was fun. It's interesting seeing members of the recently disbanded band Sunless Sky play in their own bands. The singer from Sunless Sky actually ended up joining the band Wretch back in the spring, and by now he has gotten to the point that he can sing all the songs well. Cleveland bands tend to mix and match members, keeping long running bands like Wretch going while also creating new bands that try out different styles. It's quite an interesting experience.

This head. I want a head just like it. But, have no 1100 euros and the vision in it must be absolute shit.

https://www.thedealersden.com/listing/brand-new-lion-khajiit-fursuit-head/124253

On 12/2/2016 at 10:05 AM, DrGravitas said:

Our project's task ID numbers has reached 40K (in less than a year, no less) Warhamer jokes ahoy! \o/

Your project is heretical.

• Like 1

I may have something to look forward to in this life?

I uh, set up a digital audio workstation. It's pretty cool, running Ubuntu studio.

Turns out since I am synesthetic that the way beats are arranged in hydrogen beat maker makes perfect sense, aswell as graphical representations of both sounds waves and midi input bars.

So, I could actually potentialy sometime maybe be a musician and find my way out of the hellish stress I live in.

• Like 1

I get to keep my high-wall cube! As I'd hoped, questions regarding the confidentiality of the information we handle (combined with concerns over room for growth) have put the idea of a move to the "fishbowl" on hold for the foreseeable future. While I provided some information regarding our confidentiality agreements, it was really The Bureaucrat who pulled this out! The other teams (whose members were quick to accept it as inevitable, give in and get things underway) are still moving out, which leaves us virtually the entire half of the floor to expand out team into (we just added brand new member yesterday). We're taking over!

The rest of the team found it quite a surprise; expecting the move to be inevitable. There was an unexpected sadness in their tone. Many of their friends are moving down, now without them. Though they perked up when they were told it opens up more of the good cubes to move into (most of them are currently crammed in a small office together near my personal cube), I hope splitting them doesn't prove a bad idea in the long run...

That aspect of living in a big city, and being able to order all kinds of food, and have it delivered, from Sushi to Chinese to Pizza to Indian. I always recall as a kid, growing up in the boonies, how amazing it was when we'd visit relatives in Detroit, and they'd pick up the phone, and actually order a pizza. To my 8 year old mind, having lived mainly surrounded by a vast forest, it seemed like some kind of magic. We would have had to drive 30+ minutes, to go pick one up.

Personally I love when I get to go camping in the winter. The smell of wood smoke in a forest with the stars above is such an amazing experience. I hold those memories fondly from back when I was more active in my boy scout troop. I want to replicate those times so badly with a SO and one day family.

• Like 1

Went to court for this. It was early in the morning. Normally I'd get to bed early but the shit snowstorm we had made that impossible. So I'm tired and thinking of skipping it. I went in anyway.

Cop never showed up. I was the 4th person called to the stand. In, out in 10 minutes. Ticket fucking dismissed.

I went and slept in for the rest of the day.

On 10/27/2016 at 7:21 AM, Crazy Lee said:

Absolutely fucking great.

I just got a traffic ticket for not stopping properly at a stop sign. Apparently, stopping for a split second isn't good enough. I thought the rule was that as long as you stop completely it's good, but maybe I didn't stop completely. In any case, it was at a railroad crossing that is barely used and the trains only do 5mph IF the rails are used. I know this because I've gone over that crossing a million times and know the train schedules and how they work from watching them.

I can't believe the millions of stop signs I've slowly rolled through while doing deliveries for work, for the past 5-6 years, and only now I get a ticket for a place I thought I stopped well enough.

And it wasn't that the police officer was parked and waiting for a call. No. He was HIDDEN in an access driveway behind trees, with his lights completely off. He was LOOKING to ticket people, like the damn fucking predator he is. And since it's the end of the month I know that fucker was trying to fill ticket quotas. Why the fuck do they even have those fucking ticket quotas? Why the fuck do police officers write so many more tickets and do radar checks and wait to ticket people at the end of the month?? Why? Because some fascist says "Well, we need to write X amount of tickets by the end of the month." That shit NEEDS to be unconstitutional. Maybe we can get daddy trump to make it illegal. And fuck that fascist cop. I don't need this shit while I'm trying to get ready for a con. I'll just put this ticket off by fighting it. But I'm going to loose. His power-hungry ass is going to be there at the court when I fight it.

• Like 1

I got to help a new member feel like they've someone in their corner as well as help them get a good no bull understanding of how reality and the bureaucracy divorce, straight from The Bureaucrat himself. I helped them be ok with symbolic gestures like taking a laptop on vacation (as well as give them the reassuring excuses they can use if the unthinkable happens and they're asked to do something.) Reality is a lot messier than our ideals and sometimes we gotta help each other out in balancing them. It's the fine art of eating your cake and letting somebody else have that cake too.

• Like 1

I pimped my ramen today. I added real chicken, half of hard boiled egg, and a chopped wild onion to my chicken noodle ramen.

I wondered why the fuck I went out of my way to enhance some shitty ramen instead of cooking a proper meal. I then remembered that the only other thing I really had to eat were Vienna sausages. Vienna sausages are fucking disgusting.

It was some top notch ramen, though. I am especially content.

• Like 2

This evening was the staff Christmas party at the theater. Everyone got good gifts for each other for the Secret Santa exchange, and the guy who got me knew me all to well. I got a Doofus Rick Pop figure and a cool Rick and Morty shirt. There was plenty of tasty food, and we had fun with board games like Battleship and Jenga. Some of us stayed afterwards and watched Die Hard in one of the theaters. Yes, Die Hard is a Christmas movie.

Long drives! The drive from my uni town to my hometown is only an hour or so long, but it's perfect to just burn a CD and sing loudly along to on the drive.

I've been really sick lately, and my throat was completely shredded and totally painful, but that didn't stop me!

• Like 3

Quail eggs! OMG, had this dish where they served a poached quail egg over some rare, pan seared tuna, and mmmm, mmmmm. Was at a Tapas place, along with several other courses, and a 2004 Rioja, and a tab that made me faint, but hey, you only live once. It was me and my mates anniversary meal, we got legally married two years ago, on Dec 8th, but celebrated it later; my folks sent a check for a gift, which ended up being a fancy meal! Easy come, easy go.

• Like 1