Things that you love! v2

Sar

The Netflix show Stranger Things, I finally got around to watching it over the last week.

It proved to be the best show I've seen in a long while, channeling the feel of 80s sci-fi and horror movies while remaining engaging and relatively original in its own right.

16 minutes ago, Shiro said:

Badass fight scenes like this. Be warned, it's somewhat graphic.

Silat tends to be alot more brutal than the wimpy western fight scenes, and you will find it heavily used in the raid movies.

What's awesome is when you learn to be that brutal yourself, I remember at times in training we were told to look away because the spouts of blood would blind us or they would vomit at us from the pain.

<3 Silat

(Maul Mornie of Silat Suffian Bela Diri posts seminar vids online, and hong kong silat which is more filipino style post online too... you can find stuff like theirs pretty easily)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Johanna Waya said:

Silat tends to be alot more brutal than the wimpy western fight scenes, and you will find it heavily used in the raid movies.

What's awesome is when you learn to be that brutal yourself, I remember at times in training we were told to look away because the spouts of blood would blind us or they would vomit at us from the pain.

<3 Silat

(Maul Mornie of Silat Suffian Bela Diri posts seminar vids online, and hong kong silat which is more filipino style post online too... you can find stuff like theirs pretty easily)

That's why I love the raid movies and the martial art itself. It's not flashy, it is meant to incapacitate your opponent as quickly and efficiently as possible.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Saxon said:

TBH that's a nice hoody. I am only put off of it because I know the character is in a show that other people don't like.

I guess it wouldn't be that big of a problem unless it's clearly inappropriate for the situation (but that's common sense).

14 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Thank you for your honesty.

You almost sound disappointed, or is it me? o.O

2 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

I've seen kids in this and trust me, once you see the hood, any appeal is lost. lmao

Wouldn't be the first time something is pictured way more appealing than it really is LOL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Wouldn't be the first time something is pictured way more appealing than it really is LOL.

Yeah, some brony stuff is cool if you get passed you know, the source material. But this hoodie is quite obviously for little kids even beyond the color scheme. They just mislead you by not showing the ears and cheap mane. lol

20 hours ago, Jerry said:

It's almost embarrassing but I like this hoodie: >__<

s-l1600.jpg

My 9yo daughter totally rocks this hoodie, it is actually super cute.  However, if you are not a preteen girl and you are considering wearing this for anything but a joke, you may want to re-evaluate your life.   Sorry for the tough love.  

• Like 2

Just now, Strongbob said:

My 9yo daughter totally rocks this hoodie, it is actually super cute.  However, if you are not a preteen girl and you are considering wearing this for anything but a joke, you may want to re-evaluate your life.   Sorry for the tough love.  

Lmao, yes this is true.

1 hour ago, LazerMaster5 said:

It's just you and your low self esteem.

It must still show quite a bit then. But internally I'm fiercely fighting it. I want this damn problem to end, it sucks.

1 hour ago, Tsuujou said:

Yeah, some brony stuff is cool if you get passed you know, the source material. But this hoodie is quite obviously for little kids even beyond the color scheme. They just mislead you by not showing the ears and cheap mane. lol

Ah that's where the trick is.

Ears and mane? Nope, deal-breaker. That's pushing it too far.

49 minutes ago, Strongbob said:

Well to be honest I liked the colours but I didn't know it had ears and a mane. It lost its appeal, even just for being silly. 

@Jerry: That is a cute hoodie, and I noted it does come on sizes up through a mens XXL. I like the colors and design, though I'd want to modify the hood/back, to keep it simple, which would be easy enough. I'm not really a Brony, but I like bright clothes, and I've never been one to let what others might think from wearing something.

That notion has always struck me as odd, unless, say, it was a matter of life and limb, and in most urban areas of the US, it's not. That reminds me, every year we have Bronycon here in Baltimore..I've never gone, but I have gone downtown, just to people watch, and also see how everyone reacts to the sudden influx of bright colors and whimsy into the city. I think it draws about 10,000 attendees, so it's a pretty big con.

~

What else? The site seems a lot slower than usual...not as in how fast it runs, but in terms of traffic/people...post-holiday doldrums? Well, hope it picks up, and also hope to see more new members stick around.

7 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

What else? The site seems a lot slower than usual...not as in how fast it runs, but in terms of traffic/people...post-holiday doldrums? Well, hope it picks up, and also hope to see more new members stick around.

I might be a pessimist, but I do feel that the forum is dying somewhat ever since that mishap in November.

2 hours ago, Socketosis said:

I might be a pessimist, but I do feel that the forum is dying somewhat ever since that mishap in November.

I know of at least two people who were still on break until today, so the holidays are certainly a big part of it. But, it hasn't helped that many of the old regulars seem content to stick to Discord these days. If I'm being honest, I think the worst possible outcome we could have in this mod election thing would be to elect a mod who is likewise content to mostly stick to Discord.

4 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

If I'm being honest, I think the worst possible outcome we could have in this mod election thing would be to elect a mod who is likewise content to mostly stick to Discord.

Forums are a slower medium than instant chatting, in general, simply by nature of their format and how you interact with them. If you have an active chat server, and an active forum, the chat server is always going to seem busier by comparison.

Also nothing stops us from checking on the forums just because we're talking in the chat. Mod actions are largely silent to the majority of the userbase unless a thread needs its ass publicly kicked back into line. Reports, infracs, and the like are pretty private.

1 hour ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

What mishap? I missed it everything, because I haven't used the forums in a while.

Someone got in trouble. A few people didn't like it, because they didn't have access to all of the information and conversations we did.
They got upset, and left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vae said:

Forums are a slower medium than instant chatting, in general, simply by nature of their format and how you interact with them. If you have an active chat server, and an active forum, the chat server is always going to seem busier by comparison.

Also nothing stops us from checking on the forums just because we're talking in the chat. Mod actions are largely silent to the majority of the userbase unless a thread needs its ass publicly kicked back into line. Reports, infracs, and the like are pretty private.

Agreed, it's not without good reason that folks tend to stick to Discord and certainly I don't mean to imply that a mod that's more active there would be a bad mod.

Getting back on topic, I love the little Belgium chocolate-covered cookies one of my coworkers brought in. Absolutely delicious!

11 minutes ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

What the fuck? When I thought about getting in trouble, I was thinking of breaking forum rules or some petty shit.

Nah. I'm just playing with you, furriend.

IIRC, there was this guy who flirted a little too much with some of the girls on the site and a little too aggressively for some people's tastes. I believe some weird trap accused him of sexually harassing her and stalking her offsite. Mods banned the guy and it stirred some dust and some people tried to defend him because there wasn't any evidence or something. I believe that he and the trap were both perma'd once the dust settled because someone fagged all over Twitter, from what I recall. I think some people were mad because they felt like the mods weren't being transparent enough or something. We always seem to follow the tradition of shitting all over the mods, with this being neo-FAF and all. Myself included.

I think a lot of people left or least threatened to leave because of this.

I believe this also happened around the same time as the post-election butthurt where a mod LIKE, LITERALLY COULDN'T EVEN, and left the fandumb furever because Trump or something. Several other users' assholes also twitched with fury and despair, further driving a wedge through our wounded community.

This place has been pretty bland ever since. I'm just waiting for someone to finally give me my b&ana and set me free. I am an old dog looking for an honorable death in battle.

2 minutes ago, Hux said:

Nah. I'm just playing with you, furriend.

IIRC, there was this guy who flirted a little too much with some of the girls on the site and a little too aggressively for some people's tastes. I believe some weird trap accused him of sexually harassing her and stalking her offsite. Mods banned the guy and it stirred some dust and some people tried to defend him because there wasn't any evidence or something. I believe that he and the trap were both perma'd once the dust settled because someone fagged all over Twitter, from what I recall. I think some people were mad because they felt like the mods weren't being transparent enough or something. We always seem to follow the tradition of shitting all over the mods, with this being neo-FAF and all. Myself included.

I think a lot of people left or least threatened to leave because of this.

I believe this also happened around the same time as the post-election butthurt where a mod LIKE, LITERALLY COULDN'T EVEN, and left the fandumb furever because Trump or something. Several other users' assholes also twitched with fury and despair, further driving a wedge through our wounded community.

This place has been pretty bland ever since. I'm just waiting for someone to finally give me my b&ana and set me free. I am an old dog looking for an honorable death in battle.

They left the fandom because Trump won?

1 minute ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

They left the fandom because Trump won?

Nah, just the site. I was just trying my best to meme.

I believe she was **triggered** that some people here didn't view Trump as literally Hitler and proceeded to leave the site because we're bad people or something. As per usual, we just shitposted. I believe a few other users who were much less important in the community also flipped the script.

3 minutes ago, Hux said:

Nah, just the site. I was just trying my best to meme.

I believe she was **triggered** that some people here didn't view Trump as literally Hitler and proceeded to leave the site because we're bad people or something. As per usual, we just shitposted. I believe a few other users who were much less important in the community also flipped the script.

I avoided forums and discussions before and right after the election, because I know how people get when you don't agree with their political views. I just think it's funny how this election was so prevalent, that it impacted a forum dedicated to people pretending to be cartoon animals on the internet.

3 minutes ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

I avoided forums and discussions before and right after the election, because I know how people get when you don't agree with their political views. I just think it's funny how this election was so prevalent, that it impacted a forum dedicated to people pretending to be cartoon animals on the internet.

It gave us some fun threads, tho.

That's not the incident that caused the activity lapse, no.
And a lot of those details are wildly incorrect. nofunallowed.jpg

But no, I'm not gonna discuss the specifics of what happened, in detail, and with who.
Because that's kind invasive to privacy and whatnot. And the issue's been dead for at least a month.

Get back on topic, guys.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

This isn't really the thread to discuss it in. If your genuinely curious about what really happened, I would encourage you to pm one of the mods and ask.

Nah, I was just curious. I don't care enough to go and ask a mod, but based on what I've read, the whole thing seems petty, however, that's one of the main reasons why I don't like interacting with public furry communities as much anymore. I'd rather have a forum with less people than one full of too many unpleasant people.

• Like 1