Things that you love! v2

Sar

Many of the quotes of Kafka, on fiction:

“I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound or stab us. If the book we're reading doesn't wake us up with a blow to the head, what are we reading for? So that it will make us happy, as you write? Good Lord, we would be happy precisely if we had no books, and the kind of books that make us happy are the kind we could write ourselves if we had to. But we need books that affect us like a disaster, that grieve us deeply, like the death of someone we loved more than ourselves, like being banished into forests far from everyone, like a suicide. A book must be the axe for the frozen sea within us. That is my belief.”

― Franz Kafka

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Faust said:

Speaking of quotes from famous people, Carl Sagan:

"The nuclear arms race is like two sworn enemies standing waist deep in gasoline, one with three matches, the other with five."

That quote brings up the most wonderful mental images of them just each threatening to do it and then the other getting more matches and being like "I'm going to now triple light you on fire"

• Like 2

Game crossovers

little tail story.jpglittle tail story meets god eater.jpg

Okay, he's a republican... he likes weeb shit... and he says Trump's a liar and a child diddler.

Wow, color me confused. HOW is he a repub? The more I read this the more liberal he seems.

He's just a republican who hates trump. I think he's funny because he says dumb stuff and posts anime girls on his Twitter regularly. You can read more about him here

On 26/01/2017 at 1:17 AM, Crazy Lee said:

Okay, he's a republican... he likes weeb shit... and he says Trump's a liar and a child diddler.

Wow, color me confused. HOW is he a repub? The more I read this the more liberal he seems.

It's difficult to tell which of his comments are sincere, for example when he says he thinks Alex Jones is as credible as the main stream media, is this his genuine belief or is it satire?

You see photos of him doing joker things and you think 'oh that guy is obviously just a troll', but then you find out that he's also been approaching Hillary Clinton's daughter asking her 'who her real father is'.

So maybe he is just a mad nutter.

the fact that i went to the doctor for something totally unrelated and suddenly the sinus problem i've had for well over a decade is actually being fixed because unlike everyone else who's either ignored it or just said "take allergy meds" (lol)  he just happened to notice it and ask about it and deduce what the problem was in like two seconds

like a witch.

lo and behold, less than a week later my nose is looking and feeling better than it has in years.  now if only he'd call me about my goddamn bloodwork results; i'd like to find out about the stuff i actually came in for, too.  >:0I

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gator said:

the fact that i went to the doctor for something totally unrelated and suddenly the sinus problem i've had for well over a decade is actually being fixed because unlike everyone else who's either ignored it or just said "take allergy meds" (lol)  he just happened to notice it and ask about it and deduce what the problem was in like two seconds

like a witch.

lo and behold, less than a week later my nose is looking and feeling better than it has in years.  now if only he'd call me about my goddamn bloodwork results; i'd like to find out about the stuff i actually came in for, too.  >:0I

Gotta love those kind of people, who will take the time to diagnose a problem in the system and also fix whatever other little issues they come across along the way. That's when you can tell they like their job (or maybe they just enjoy being helpful). Regardless, it's a win-win for everyone!

• Like 2

Just now, Socketosis said:

Gotta love those kind of people, who will take the time to diagnose a problem in the system and also fix whatever other little issues they come across along the way. That's when you can tell they like their job (or maybe they just enjoy being helpful). Regardless, it's a win-win for everyone!

bonus points he's like the friendliest doctor i've ever met, and he's like best bros with my grandma's friend who is also pretty cool.  c:  last time i went to see him for something he gave me a roll of tape because bandaids give me a rash.  but if he doesn't call me soon i'll cry

• Like 1

Coconuts. Water's so friggin' refreshing, the inner meat is quite scrumptious and it makes awesome smelling lotion. Bloody miracle fruit.

2 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

A coworker brought in donuts today!

...Because it's his 3-year anniversary with The Company?

The best type of donuts are ones that are shared! Congrats on the free tasty treat & extra few pounds you've acquired, Dr Gravy ~ :3 

• Like 4

Paypal refunding money that was stolen from me.

I don't know how it happened but someone jacked my paypal info and used it to buy an iphone or something from eBay. So, changed all my passwords and messaged the guy who sold the iPhone saying it was a scammer and of course disputed the purchase with Paypal.

I checked it today and the money is pending a refund. SO HAPPY. SO RELIEVED. That was like $200, i need that money for things and stuff.

• Like 1