Things that you love! v2

Sar

On 3/18/2017 at 9:54 PM, Socketosis said:

Odd, the place I worked put candles under Stationary. Then again, things were all over the place there.

Enf0osA.png

Jesus doesn't look very thrilled here.

candles in stationery?  what the hell kind of sick, demented...

but now i want to know what "uncomfortable jesus" smells like.  i'll have to find that one at work.

• Like 1

We had about four young/adolescent boy patients come in to get their blood drawn at the same time one after the other. One of them was bright, alert, and smart. One of them was aloof, probably mildly autistic, and very friendly. The third was braver (he looked at the needle because he liked to watch it) and asked a lot of questions. And the fourth asked me questions and was a bit of a sporty kid who liked skateboarding and bikes (He asked me if I skateboarded because I had skateboarder shoes). I really relate to these guys, it was pretty interesting. I kind of wish I had that childhood hanging out with kids like those growing up. Most of my few childhood friends were kids I didnt really relate to. In a sense I dont think I had true friends until high school and later.

• Like 2

I'm having a really good day.

First, the replacement charger I got from Amazon (since the one I originally ordered didn't work) works. Secondly, my 10 dolllar gift card came in today, so I ordered a copy of the book American Psycho and a new wallet/coin purse. And the best news of all? I'M GOING TO CHUCK E. CHEESE THIS WEEKEND. This wouldn't seem like that big a thing to most people, but I've been wanting to go to this particular Chuck E. Cheese for about 3 years now. It'll be my first time going in over 12 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

sleeping all god damned day

That is nice! (at least from time to time, just to indulge in the sheer luxury of laziness and dreams...saves moey too...I've nevr managed to spend any money while sleeping)

2 hours ago, Jtrekkie said:

So, like, I'm sitting in an airplane in Washington DC,  two hours away from spending like 6 weeks in New York with @Kleric! It's very cold here, BTW.  

Cold??!! Are you from Equatorial Guiana? :V And here I had all the windows open...it was 62 degrees!

Well, hope ya have a nice time visiting, up in NYC...it does drop down into the 30s tomorrow...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

That is nice! (at least from time to time, just to indulge in the sheer luxury of laziness and dreams...saves moey too...I've nevr managed to spend any money while sleeping)

Cold??!! Are you from Equatorial Guiana? :V And here I had all the windows open...it was 62 degrees!

Well, hope ya have a nice time visiting, up in NYC...it does drop down into the 30s tomorrow...

It was nice, I auditioned for my community college's talent show (I think I made it), and ate dinner, and crashed for about 4 hours.

Also Jtrekkie and I are from the South, so we can't handle cold!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

It was nice, I auditioned for my community college's talent show (I think I made it), and ate dinner, and crashed for about 4 hours.

Also Jtrekkie and I are from the South, so we can't handle cold!

Hope ya made it!

And cold? The 60s is t-shirt and shorts weather. (well, almost : ) ) I shall have to hire a team of Malamutes to carry you two off to live a year in the frozen Yukon! Then, should you survive, you'll never feel cold again, upon returning.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Hope ya made it!

And cold? The 60s is t-shirt and shorts weather. (well, almost : ) ) I shall have to hire a team of Malamutes to carry you two off to live a year in the frozen Yukon! Then, should you survive, you'll never feel cold again, upon returning.

idk i spent 5 years in iowa and when i came back, i lost any cold tolerance i had built up in that time.  my body knows where it belongs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Hope ya made it!

Take me too! I could use some tolerance to cold. I just moved to Iowa from the south myself and experienced a real winter for the first time, it was brutal.

This current Gran Turismo Sport Beta.

It's visually beautiful. The menu soundtracks aren't as soulful as the older titles, but they match the theme of the game well. The car physics are as good as ever :)

Overall, I'm happy about the direction that Polyphony is taking.

FINALLY.  after what seems like an eternity in toilet hell, 2 hours of intense grocery shopping, and spending nearly a hundred freaking dollars, i have a fridge full of delicious food that i can safely eat.  i also FINALLY got put back on the auto-delivery for my medication so that there wouldn't be any more damn screwups with ordering, which had been happening for the past 2 months.  so now that i have food i can eat and don't have to worry about missing a dose of my medicine, MAYBE THE DIARRHEA WILL FINALLY GO AWAY?!!

also these chickpea crackers are way better than i expected.  :o

Things we take for granted: being able to breathe easily, eat, drink, move around, see & feel things, without being in pain.

I'm not a religious person, but it's those times that I am in some extreme state, that I find myself calling out to God. Over Christmas, I went home, and almost my whole family got this hideous norovirus, and OMG: I was doubled over in pain from cramps on the toilet, vomiting into a bucket in front of me as a hideous spray of diarrhea was discharged from the other end at immense pressure, feverish, shaking, and feeling like my body was this tube of toothpaste, cut open at both ends, and being squeezed mercilessly of it's contents.

It's looking back at such times, I think: perhaps life is not so bad.

• Like 2

Early adverts from medical journals, for drugs like Valium. I want to compile as many of these as I can from medical journals at work, because there's not nearly enough on the net. I love this one, Roche, mid 1960s: I wanna make it a T-Shirt!

46e0c147ca881dec79e8a7b98f6d26cb.jpg

afdeb7b2c2da6722dfdd1787c595b5b9.jpg

valium93.jpg

...true, other bezodiazipines have been invented, but to me, this will always be the best. Ah, for the days when psych meds actually made you feel good...

• Like 1

I keep getting closer to being an educator, and, while it is still a few years away, I am loving every part of it.

This semester before I go to university I'm suddenly getting to talk about and consider things like student-centered pedagogy, National Board Certification, the ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, professional development, and decorating classrooms with people who are just as excited to talk about them as I am. And one of the best parts is that, should I want, I could be a teacher before my youngest brother - who is in high school with me - gets out of high school if I play my cards right because of the general education requirements I have already filled and the things I have tested out of.

Plus I'm getting help and information to get on track to double majoring and getting certified in Spanish K-12 and secondary chemistry, plus I could feasibly get certified in another subject if I dedicated myself to it and stayed in a little longer, so I could be an extremely desirable teacher who could teach in any grade level and could easily get licensed in any state in just a few years, especially with the possibility of National Board Certification.

Like, discovering that there are other people my age that actively look into and enjoy modern pedagogy is great, but there are other people excited about decorating classrooms? I am in heaven.

• Like 3

On 3/26/2017 at 10:18 AM, Fossa-Boy said:

Early adverts from medical journals, for drugs like Valium. I want to compile as many of these as I can from medical journals at work, because there's not nearly enough on the net. I love this one, Roche, mid 1960s: I wanna make it a T-Shirt!

46e0c147ca881dec79e8a7b98f6d26cb.jpg

afdeb7b2c2da6722dfdd1787c595b5b9.jpg

valium93.jpg

...true, other bezodiazipines have been invented, but to me, this will always be the best. Ah, for the days when psych meds actually made you feel good...

I'm getting my clonazepam dosage increased to 1mg. I wonder how diazepam feels in comparison to clonazepam.

• Like 1

There's an Iron Sky 2 coming out. Where it's revealed that all the major world leaders are actually lizard people from the center of the Earth. Also, Jesus apparently appears wielding dual machine guns. This is as awesome as the news that Stephen Chow's Journey to the West 2 is coming out.

On 3/27/2017 at 2:17 AM, Tsuujou said:

This Extra Thicc shit from Aku has been slaying me. My belly, sides, and throat are in pain from this. Please help me. lmao

The strange thing is the Extra Thick scene is from an episode back in 2003, and the meme started back in October of last year, but it took a half a year for it to become popular.

Now, every time I see a post of a large woman, there's a million pics of Aku in the comments.

• Like 1