Things that you love! v2

Sar

Not too many more months till the most amazing watermelons are gonna be in season...and nothing beats a good melon, especially the kind with seeds, 'cause they're sweeter, and ya can spit 'em at people. 

"It is the chief of this world's luxuries, king by the grace of God over all the fruits of the earth. When one has tasted it, he knows what the angels eat. It was not a Southern watermelon that Eve took; we know it because she repented."

-Mark Twain

• Like 5

The weekly farmer's market is on campus today, and just started back up, Wednesdays. I'm so excited because there's a place that has the best goat's milk, from a farm just across the PA border...even friends who claim not to like goat's milk agree this stuff is amazing, and makes especially good chocolate milk; rich, a bit tangy, and nicely sweet. I brought an insulated bag and some ice packs, so I can take a half-gallon home. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

The weekly farmer's market is on campus today...

I love farmer's markets! I don't go to them anymore though because I can never use up the fruits/vegetables by the time they start to go rotten, and in some cases the food is more expensive than the supermarket, which is an important factor if you're like me and trying to budget hard

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wax said:

I love farmer's markets! I don't go to them anymore though because I can never use up the fruits/vegetables by the time they start to go rotten, and in some cases the food is more expensive than the supermarket, which is an important factor if you're like me and trying to budget hard

Yeah, I only buy what I can carry home; no car. So I usually don't have that many groceries around, to go bad, at least! But I hear you about the budget part...it does motivate me to eat healthier, and cook stuff at home, though, when I have flesh, tasty stuff to use. The grocery store in our neighborhood is this really dumpy and overpriced Safeway; it's like something out of cold war Eastern Europe, almost. 

6 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Yeah, I only buy what I can carry home; no car. So I usually don't have that many groceries around, to go bad, at least! But I hear you about the budget part...it does motivate me to eat healthier, and cook stuff at home, though, when I have flesh, tasty stuff to use. The grocery store in our neighborhood is this really dumpy and overpriced Safeway; it's like something out of cold war Eastern Europe, almost. 

Oh, that sucks. Luckily I live pretty much a 3-minute walk away from my local supermarket, which is a nice budget supermarket, so I'm pretty lucky in that respect.

50 minutes ago, Wax said:

Oh, that sucks. Luckily I live pretty much a 3-minute walk away from my local supermarket, which is a nice budget supermarket, so I'm pretty lucky in that respect.

When I lived at my old uni, it was literally a 10 minute walk to the Walmart.

Unfortunately, I also had to cross two rather busy highway streets, so I asked for a ride more-often-than-not, or I went to the pharmacy right next door (despite the fact their groceries were at least a dollar more expensive).

1 hour ago, Red Lion said:

Makin' everything smell pretty for my arrival? 

well, i tried, anyway... but as long as i can't open my windows, it's gonna be musty af in here.  overnight the pumpkin smell has completely vanished and it just smells like a tiny, hot room that gets no fresh air.  because it is.

AND I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW, I DID THIS FOR ME NOT YOUUUUUU

7 minutes ago, Gator said:

well, i tried, anyway... but as long as i can't open my windows, it's gonna be musty af in here.  overnight the pumpkin smell has completely vanished and it just smells like a tiny, hot room that gets no fresh air.  because it is.

AND I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW, I DID THIS FOR ME NOT YOUUUUUU

Maybe get a pet skunk?

Or a scented candle.

Good luck, there...have the windows open here, but my fan gave out, and as heat rises, the third floor of this building is already hot, and kinda stuffy feeling.

3 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Maybe get a pet skunk?

Or a scented candle.

Good luck, there...have the windows open here, but my fan gave out, and as heat rises, the third floor of this building is already hot, and kinda stuffy feeling.

i'll probably just open the window anydamnway

but i'm sure a skunk would help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

A coworker brought in donuts for Good Friday! Much better idea than the goldfish crackers I brought in for everyone earlier this week xD

Mmmm, sprinkles...

tmp_8989-20170414_092527-803429803.thumb.jpg.9cc73d8228157f1ffade595b8f5a415f.jpg

Goldfish crackers are great, though. But they're highly addictive, especially the extra-cheesy flavor (or maybe that's just me)

Also, donuts are gud.

• Like 2

I've been provided a minion to assist in developing my big presentation! They're new to the project, but located on site with the team whose module I will be presenting on. So, they're in a better position to acquire the details I need to fill in the gaps and cover the differences between the module I know and the one customized for the other team. I've provided them a list of items I need details on to complete my work. Go, my minion, go! Nyehahaha!

Only 10 days left...

• Like 2

I've finally been able to get some sleep in the right time and I now feel tired at 10pm like a normal person should. Hope this keeps up!

Also, there's a travelling fair visiting my town. Place was more expensive than an office for commissioning apache helicopters but it was worth it

• Like 2

Remember that flash drive with the furry "art" I said I lost, and wondered if someone was browsing my (rather tame) preferences of furry "art"?
Found it in my car under the driver's seat. Which is awesome. And no one knows of my sick sick furry art interests.

Also, this. This gives me massive nerd boner.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2017 at 4:45 PM, Crazy Lee said:

Now this idiot is telling me he can refund it for a percentage of the sales price. He emailed me an offer of 60%. Then 70%. Now 80%. I'm fine with having $5 or maybe $10 removed for shipping costs. But this guy's a slimeball.

Well, Dong Feng Ping just refunded the full 100% of my item after I pressed him and threatened to go to Ebay's dispute resolution. He even said I could keep it even though it doesn't seem to work. I would have been fine sending it back.

I still think that I should report him to ebay because this whole "I'll only refund 60%" shit is not only shady but probably against their rules. Fuck him.

The amount I owed to the federal government was less than last year. Because of that I'm getting a bigger refund from the IRS, and also I seem to be getting a slightly bigger refund from the state as well. It's not as big as I had wanted had I been able to add the car donation to my deductions. But it's better than nothing.

How spring time has made so many furs I know very frisky! 

Also, that I've learning more and more to focus on the people and things in the fandom, and in life in general that make me happy, and less on all the drama and negativity.

7 hours ago, Hewge said:

This world sure is wonderful. Behind every bad news, there's people trying their best to help others in need.

I wish people would stop taking the good things in this life for granted...

A winterguard I watch did a show on how amazing our world is c: