Things that you love! v2

Sar

3 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

Cracking my ENTIRE spine.

Cracking joints and stuff is a good feel. Though you should probably see a chiropractor or something if your back cracks a lot, even if it doesn't hurt. I did it and it turns out that I have some weird crookedness in my back so now I have to be careful. :^(

4 minutes ago, Sir Gibby said:

Cracking joints and stuff is a good feel. Though you should probably see a chiropractor or something if your back cracks a lot, even if it doesn't hurt. I did it and it turns out that I have some weird crookedness in my back so now I have to be careful. :^(

Oh no, I just sit in my chair and give my back a good TWIST. :^)
It's probably not good for me, but damn if isn't relieving.

• Like 2

picking an album and listening to it on repeat all day, just like old times when my music "library" was a lot less portable

sure, not having to do that is like the whole point of an ipod, but dammit sometimes it's nice.  especially while doing mindless work for hours on end but not being allowed to fully tune out.

• Like 1

Today when I listened to the radio they announced that Rise Against was releasing a new album and I flipped the fuck out in excitement

Better yet, it appeals to the inner wolfaboo in me (It's called "Wolves")

I just listened to their song and even though its not quite as catchy as the past ones I love it still has their sound and their provoking message

I am beyond psyched for this album, havent been this excited since Breaking Benjamin Dark before dawn, and then Rise against Black Market before that, and Rise by skillet before that one!

• Like 1

NIGHT-DEMON-Darkness-Remains-LP-CD-GREEN

Man, what a great album. This is the second full length album from California band Night Demon, and they really stepped up their game. Vast improvements to songwriting and much tighter music, and the production quality is top notch. It was tough to top their first album Curse of the Damned, but they managed to take their sound to new heights. A definite recommendation for fans of vintage metal.

• Like 1

Today I opened Indeed.com to look for jobs and I happened to find an opening for reception and veterinary assistant work at the veterinary hospital on the next street over.

I applied online right away, got dressed immediately and went to the library to print my resume and CV and went straight over to personally hand the front desk receptionist my stuff and ask to be hired. I even called to see if they can make me a priority for an interview.

I have been trying to train in this specific area since high school, four years ago, I really hope I land at least this interview, and hopefully this job.

• Like 3

I have the next 5 days in a row off work. I'm only contracted for 3 days a week, so anything else I work is extra, but the way my 3 worked out this week meant that I have the last 4 days of this week off. And with the bank holiday next week it's 5 ^.^

I love my job so it's not as big a deal as it could be, but I need to rest a foot injury and all the walking about at work makes that impossible.

• Like 2

Ahh, no content moderation. Now that is a thing to love.

Something to love more though. Recent developments have coloured my philosophy of nihilism (yesyes, who would've thought i don't really give a shit about anything in the end) for the better. I can't really put my thoughts into words atm but i seem to have discovered a new sense of contentment with this chaotic and indifferent world. Why you're likely not asking yourself. Well, good question, or it would've been if you'd asked yourself. X3 Well i seem to have stopped caring about the pain that comes with life. I have a lot of negative memories but i can look back on them and smile in a way because i can see what they've taught me. I've learned from my mistakes and the mistakes of others, and that makes me feel good. Personal experience, that's what matters in a meaningless world. What you've come to know and what you've come to feel. I have, what, 60 more years before my remains hopefully aren't desecrated by necrophiliacs (unless i get hit by a bus tomorrow of course), and that's 60 more potential years of life. Of joy, of love, of loss and of suffering, and all of it will teach me more about the world and what it means to be human. It's exciting, knowing that life is ahead of me. Because even though i know on some grand scale life is pointless, caring about the pointlessness of life is also pointless. Where was i going with this. Life is life, and the alternative is death, so go out and live while you can, experience as much as you can and don't regret any second. I would trail off into the concept of hadit and nuit but that would be silly for many reasons. Point is, thank you all. Those who have read, those who haven't, those of you i love, those of you i hate and those of you i don't give the slightest fuck about. I love you all, for all of you colour and inform my very existence.

• Like 4

leaving the window open + getting an adequate amount of sleep + waking up naturally + nice weather + day off = recipe for not feeling like shit for once

at least in between the random pains, but those are a lot less of a bother when they're the only thing wrong.

• Like 3

I appreciate it when a story is properly written.

Shocking, indeed.

I also appreciate it when a story that deals with magic or alternate realities does not become ridiculous, convoluted, nor "fairy tale-esque". That last one leaves a foul taste in my mouth just by saying (well, typing) it.

On 4/27/2017 at 9:47 PM, [null] said:

Ahh, no content moderation. Now that is a thing to love.

Something to love more though. Recent developments have coloured my philosophy of nihilism (yesyes, who would've thought i don't really give a shit about anything in the end) for the better. I can't really put my thoughts into words atm but i seem to have discovered....

You said that you can look on your past now and smile because you understand how they have shaped you. That really is good, and I can relate to that myself. Without details, I have found that I can accept (not encourage) pain, because it does teach. So I've read, that it's part of a general pattern that people keep stumbling on even before Greeks; there are some things that by their nature destroy themselves, and some that support instead. So, there is life and there are patterns, and in that light maybe you can say that the world isn't indifferent after all. Something to think about, anyway.

3 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Slime Rancher is a dangerously addictive game.

Last time I played that, there wasn't enough content for a campaign longer than about 8 hours. I might have to look at it again now, as there have been several updates since then.

On 5/3/2017 at 6:07 AM, Jtrekkie said:

You said that you can look on your past now and smile because you understand how they have shaped you. That really is good, and I can relate to that myself. Without details, I have found that I can accept (not encourage) pain, because it does teach. So I've read, that it's part of a general pattern that people keep stumbling on even before Greeks; there are some things that by their nature destroy themselves, and some that support instead. So, there is life and there are patterns, and in that light maybe you can say that the world isn't indifferent after all. Something to think about, anyway.

Being able to look back and smile...maybe smile is the wrong word. It's understanding and acceptance of things that have caused pain and things you can't change. You look back at it and you sigh but it's positive in the end because you come to learn of your own flaws/mistakes and the flaws of others. It's just experience, wisdom that comes with age. It happens to us all and there's not really anything special about it, it's just the nature of living. I won't make the same mistakes again, or let others make the same mistakes they have to my detriment in the past (as much as i'm able), and that's what i can smile about. I know enough to not let these things happen again (well i hope X3). I don't think anything can shake my conviction that the world is ultimately indifferent though. There's just joy, sorrow and experience, and it all comes to nothing once we die. Well, except how our deaths, and by extension our lives, impact the people we're closest to. It's a great chain, but it has no intrinsic value except what we place on it. I feel like i could flesh these thoughts out but now's not really the time. Guess it was something to think about, thank you. :P

At a small one day weeb/comic event for comic book day, I won third place for my cosplay on the other page.

What was disappointing was that the vast majority of the audience/judges were young millennials/gen z of high school and college age and didn't even seem to know what Evangelion was, let alone what I was playing, even when I said to the audience "get in the damn mech shinji!" The next generation is doomed.

It's not like the reboots haven't come out in the past 10 years or so, although Anno is taking forever with #4 because he's a dumbass and gainax can't finish shit.

This place is deader than the "Things you Hate" thread so let's brighten it up a bit.

flowers.jpg.904e026afa45a7df228642960b475faa.jpgflowers2.jpg.c032dd64308175c3ff1ba9b2e171f8e7.jpg

I had started looking for these at local flower places, only to be pleasantly surprised that I had planted some last year and forgotten about them. These are one of my favorite perennials, called "Bleeding heart" for obvious reasons. They're very early bloomers, nothing else has bloomed yet although you can see a columbine behind the second picture. I planted mostly perennials in my mother's planters because my mother's too lazy to garden worth shit, and these require only a little maintenance besides some weeding.

• Like 6