Things that you love! v2

Sar

Most likely pretty dull to many, but a guy I work with has been treating me super nice as of recent, and put his arm around my shoulder today. Even though it's been over 6 hours since then, it's still got my chest fluttering! Yay for getting along, and yay for (hopefully) becoming "one of the guys"!
tumblr_nu3x7ep7AM1tu5qmjo1_400.gif

• Like 1

My desk fan has been saving my life since I remembered where the hell I put it over winter.

It's just so heavenly to wake up super early and switch the fan on and sleep the rest of the morning like that.

At uni I could have it on 24/7 since I could use all the power I felt like. Here I can only really have it on while I'm awake, but that still means I can keep the windows closed so the bugs don't get in.

Went camping in the mountains over the weekend.
Froze my ass off, because it's about 3000ft higher in elevation than where I live. And we don't do any bitch-tier cabin stuff. We tented that shit.
But it was nice.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

United States Marine Corps. Man, I wish I could join!

I have a friend that's part of the Marine Corps. He tried to recruit me once, saying that "it's just like Call of Duty" lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if it looks something like this:

1 hour ago, Silo said:

I have a friend that's part of the Marine Corps. He tried to recruit me once, saying that "it's just like Call of Duty" lol.

Except for it's not just like call of duty. You know, the boot camp, the marching, sleeping in shitty places, being actually shot at, ect.

"IT'S JUST LIKE CALL OF DUTY" *marching 10 miles at 4am* "JUST LIKE IT"

Uni-wise, this has been a good week. I've got to try a number of new things, such as driving a harvester (pic related, but not identical) with an experimental plucker for sapling stage weed removal. I've got to unleash my chainsawing skills on unsuspecting trees and I've also got around to visiting two factories making equipment for harvesters and other forestry related vehicles. These two factories are John Deere and Kesla, and both have bribed me with a goody bag so I now have new caps that look good and I can finally retire my old one.

AND I placed second in a competition and I was awarded books on Forest Technology, so that was nice.

41005-7564247.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fossa said:

OMG, I just dug a CD of Office 97 out of a box. I think the version or Word has that paper clip 'helper'. I'm gonna use this!

Clippy! I still have mine.

There's also a red playdough helper, but he's lame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jtrekkie said:

Clippy! I still have mine.

There's also a red playdough helper, but he's lame.

What's funny, is he always tends to come out at the last moment. I recall writing a letter, and formatting the addresses and such, then the body, and as I got to the end, where it said, 'Sincerely', Clippy finally came out and said, "It seems you're writing a letter", and I'm like, wow! However did you guess? :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Augmented Husky said:

walking barefoot in the rain...drinking its pureness just from tilting my head up.....even being soaking and a bit cold it feels magnificent. Like I've been given a spiritual reboot in a sense :3

Being barefoot does feel nice, I'd agree, like some direct, primal connection to the earth you often lose sight of: especially on grass, or sand, or when it rains. It's as if you absorb a certain energy. The artist Joan Miro was very fond of his feet touching the ground, for the same reasons, and I can see why. Sadly, it's hard in the city...you know, the danger of broken glass, the occasional discarded syringe and such. But in the country, it sure was nice.

3 hours ago, Fossa said:

Being barefoot does feel nice, I'd agree, like some direct, primal connection to the earth you often lose sight of: especially on grass, or sand, or when it rains. It's as if you absorb a certain energy. The artist Joan Miro was very fond of his feet touching the ground, for the same reasons, and I can see why. Sadly, it's hard in the city...you know, the danger of broken glass, the occasional discarded syringe and such. But in the country, it sure was nice.

omg this this yeeeesss that's such a good way to put it man. Ooo....this guy has a very particular style. I'm lucky since my area is not that busy and the side walks are clean a lot of the time ^_^  

16 hours ago, Fossa said:

Sadly, it's hard in the city...you know, the danger of broken glass, the occasional discarded syringe and such. But in the country, it sure was nice.

The country is full of rocks, cacti, snakes, spiders, ants, scorpions, and goatheads. City is safer, but I recently saw a place where you could walk around barefoot if you wanted to.

22 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

The country is full of rocks, cacti, snakes, spiders, ants, scorpions, and goatheads. City is safer, but I recently saw a place where you could walk around barefoot if you wanted to.

Oh hey, we have all those in my city. :v

Also bears.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2017 at 3:15 PM, Alexxx-Returns said:

Putting stuff (mostly erotic fan fiction, of course) through Gizoogle

Years and years ago there was this thing called the Dialectizer that was similar to that.. it had Redneck, Jive, Cockney, and Swedish Chef settings. Always good for a laugh.

Edit: Oh hell, the site is still up: http://www.rinkworks.com/dialect/

can't tell if it actually works though

Went to the carnival last night. It was pretty damn fun given that I only did one thing. I did this one thing 4 times. With this being the closest.

topkek.PNG.90536f9b3347a0c4ef66e3d5635b1eab.PNG

Hopefully I can get some friends out there by Sunday. (Though, we might be better off saving for something else, like Paintball or Six Flags)

Storytime!

I was playing some DCS on a cold war server. My plane, a slow as hell A10-C. I take as my goal to wipe out an enemy EWR setup near their airbase. I home in on vague directions (Just a map grid) to try to find it without luck. RWR is going NUTS, there are at least a 8 SA-6 Gainfuls nearby and they open fire on a friendly, which allows me to get their whereabouts and I place a markpoint there for my missiles to fly to.I decide what the hell, if I'm gonna enter this airspace I need to take them out and I have no friends anymore. Bear in mind, an A10 is NOT made for SEAD, and isn't equipped with antiradiation missiles either.

56.jpgThis doesn't stop me!

As I approach to get in range, I get a warning that I'm being shot at and dive to the ground to fool the missile's predictive guidance into a collision to the ground. Success. Two more launches and I have no altitude to do that so I start violent evasives, popping chaff as I go to break their locks. The ground is FLAT farmland so I can't take cover anywhere. I'm thinking I'm fucked but no, the missiles lose track and I get MORE launch warnings. There are too many missiles headed my way I can't even count them. I am going to be so dead.

IranianMissileTests_LG.jpg

After five-ish minutes of constant violent evasives and near-crashes I manage to get in range and launch my mavericks.

AGM-65%20Maverick.jpg

They take out two KUBs and their radar unit!. Unfortunately there are other pockets just like this, so they shoot at me all the time. I manage to skim the earth until I'm in guns range and clear the rest of the installation while constantly chaffing and dodging.

79eaa50934bffffe2847d423cfae90a1.jpg

I can't believe this, it's absolutely mental I managed inch my way to the site and take it out.

Anyhoo, I've got enemy MiG-21's inbound and I make my way out while the rest of the KUBs try to shoot at my escaping arse. So far so good. Unfortunately, along my escape route lies a Sa-8 OSA which I didn't see, which nails me with two heatseekers JUST before I make it out of the danger zone :C I might've been able to fool these if I had flared a lot, but my CMS was set on chaff and they ran out ages ago, not that chaff is any good against heaters.

01.jpg

These butt-clenching moments are why I play DCS. It's extremely difficult, but once you manage to pull off something absolutely amazing like this (even if I didn't make it out) it feels INCREDIBLE. Unlike normal shooter games where every kill feels the same, it's always new in DCS. It's always a new challenge and a new scenario.

Also for the fun moments, for example when your RWR laughs at you (I'm in a F-5E-3 in this one)

d28492eb7e.jpg

• Like 2