Things that you love! v2

Sar

I've been wanting to have my teeth fixed up for the longest time now. Like, years. As for what's wrong with them, I'm British, so that should speak volumes. Now I'm finally in a position where I can afford to have braces, and my first appointment is today. I'm beyond excited \o/

When I was in school there was a steady trickle of people who'd get taken out of classes randomly to see the orthodontist, and they came back with braces. Like, train track braces which is what I'm hoping the end point will be with all this now. I didn't really care about having them but I was one of those people. But I got given a block retainer that pushed my jaw forward and made me look quite frankly like I had some facial deformity. Had to wear that for at least 1 and a half years, it was humiliating. Everyone else got braces. Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad I had this retainer now because it was necessary and I'd be left with such a bad overbite if I hadn't had it, but at the time it was super shitty.

It took me a lot longer to realise that maybe if I wanted my teeth to LOOK okay I'd have to actually have braces.

• Like 1

I've got a trainer to fly with in DCS, who's been teaching me tactical turns and ATC protocol. It's great, and I've learned a whole lot and I love the added depth that this knowledge brings to the sim.

Below is a top-down post-flight debrief of how the flight's beginning went. As you can see, the combat spread held alright and the geometry was good in these turns and shackles (zigzag to switch sides) was no issue. Just a couple more flights like this and It'll be like second nature.

cd385089dd.png

• Like 1

Knowing that my mama is completely ok with me not having the will to have kids in the future ^_^....I was expecting her to feel at least a little let down but turns out she's glad I was open enough ta tell her

definitely gonna get a husky tho soon as I hop off.....and his name shall be wolfy x3 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Gator said:

perrier

i feel like i'm drinking soda and should be ashamed, BUT IT'S JUST WATER???

gosh the miracles of science

San Pellegrino is good too! From Italy. I love sparkly water...and other bubbly stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fossa said:

San Pellegrino is good too! From Italy. I love sparkly water...and other bubbly stuff.

i was gonna try that brand but they only had it in the big bottles and i wanted a case of smaller ones to last me through the week
i remember trying the lime perrier years ago and thinking it was disgusting though >:[

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Gator said:

i was gonna try that brand but they only had it in the big bottles and i wanted a case of smaller ones to last me through the week
i remember trying the lime perrier years ago and thinking it was disgusting though >:[

Oh, yeah, the flavors are no good! But the basics are wonderful.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Augmented Husky said:

Knowing that my mama is completely ok with me not having the will to have kids in the future ^_^....I was expecting her to feel at least a little let down but turns out she's glad I was open enough ta tell her

definitely gonna get a husky tho soon as I hop off.....and his name shall be wolfy x3 

You'll be a doggy daddy!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I really like those cheap chicken patties by Tyson. They're definitely not good for me, but they taste good.

Most of the shit that's bad for you tastes good, and a lot of the shit that's good for you tastes bad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I really like those cheap chicken patties by Tyson. They're definitely not good for me, but they taste good.

I actually used to like those a while back, but now I can't really stand the thought of them. Most frozen food is just bleh to me at this point.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2017 at 11:51 AM, Faust said:

Oh I dunno, I always liked SanPel's lemonade.

Pretty different from sparkling water, but... oh hell yes. Their blood orange soda is great as well.

17 hours ago, Shiro said:

The excited feeling you get in your tummy when you're about to eat one of your favorite meals.

Whatcha havin'?

I usual hate parties where I have to get involved in arrangement and organization processes but my uncle's wedding from which I am currently returning from was truly grand. They spared no expense to olorganize a great wedding party. And finally the running joke among my family that my uncle is a single bachelor forever has finally ended. 

May their marriage last as long as both have strength to get along with each other and have strength to live

This guy devises a math problem he knows the answer to, spends over an hour working out the problem by hand while writing it out with his freaking mouse on OneNote, gets the answer wrong after 8 videos, then makes another video correcting his work. What a legend.

On 6/19/2017 at 11:51 AM, Faust said:

Oh I dunno, I always liked SanPel's lemonade.

Oh, I agree, the sodas with sugar are amazing! But the 'hint of lime' kinds of one, like Perrier makes, yuck! San Pel does a great blood orange, as well. And the grapefruit is nice.

On 6/28/2017 at 6:28 PM, Mandragoras said:

Chilling out while listening to Shostakovich in an air-conditioned room.

Ooooooh, that, and also, Schoenberg.

• Like 1