Things that you love! v2

Sar

I was hugely surprised and impressed with the accuracy in the movie Sully (the one with Tom Hanks and Aaron Eckhart, about landing US Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River with zero fatalities).

All the fluff outside the actual accident is fiction, of course, but the accident itself is extremely accurate (almost line-for-line) to the actual cockpit voice recorder and ATC transcripts. Compare:

Bonus points for using the actual first responders in some roles (the ferryboat captain in the movie is the actual guy who responded to the event, and not an actor -- as are the scuba cops)

1 hour ago, Llamapotamus said:

It says currently unavailable. Did you get the last one? Happy belated birthday from me, too!

Thank you as well! Also, I might've. I presume it's going to be back in stock eventually, since it's one of this year's line of TVs, and they recently refilled their stock for the next model up.

So I was hanging out in a Discord chat recently talking about writing lyrics, giving some people advice, and I linked one of my songs just for the hell of it. Some dude in the chat listens to it, then proceeds to buy the whole album for eight bucks and hits me up on Twitter saying it's the best thing he's heard all year.

I have a fan now. That's fucking bizarre and kind of cool.

• Like 2

I love really gratuitous threatening shit like this bottle of hot sauce. 
This is fucking destroying me right now from how extra and blatantly malicious it is. lmao

deathsauce_mega.jpg.40e5bda343a2a36f78ab54fb1b33083c.jpg

MEGA Death Sauce made with liquid RAGE. Not even peppers. Just distilled animosity.
The fucking skull keychain with the label skull seeing another plane of existence from the depths of Hell. And to top it off, the damn warning label. 

• Like 4

On 22.9.2017 at 9:40 PM, Tsuujou said:

I love really gratuitous threatening shit like this bottle of hot sauce. 
This is fucking destroying me right now from how extra and blatantly malicious it is. lmao

deathsauce_mega.jpg.40e5bda343a2a36f78ab54fb1b33083c.jpg

MEGA Death Sauce made with liquid RAGE. Not even peppers. Just distilled animosity.
The fucking skull keychain with the label skull seeing another plane of existence from the depths of Hell. And to top it off, the damn warning label. 

I really really like Blair's sauces. Sure they are mainly just ridiculously hot but unlike Tabasco or other generic hot sauces they actually taste great.
They are concentrated pain but also concentrated flavor :)
I made some chili for some friends a few years ago. I just added a small drop, that was more than enough. It wasn't too hot but it improved the taste so much!

32 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

I really really like Blair's sauces. Sure they are mainly just ridiculously hot but unlike Tabasco or other generic hot sauces they actually taste great.
They are concentrated pain but also concentrated flavor :)
I made some chili for some friends a few years ago. I just added a small drop, that was more than enough. It wasn't too hot but it improved the taste so much!

Yeah yeah, that's nice.
You won't chug it though.

I really love dry pressing flowers <3 

DSC01249.JPG.a08811e4cad41f2eebab59e91d0c43f3.JPG

I'm planning on preserving some in resin for a class on art & chemistry. I'll be doing a presentation about the chemical composition of resin. It's like a weird orientation course but any chance to show off flowers lol 

• Like 1

I love how the different races in X3, if they hate you enough, straight up tell you to kill yourself in their own unique way. Always cracks me up when I comm a Boron (aquatic squid-like species) and he just immediately opens with "GO DROWN YOURSELF".

Also

On 10/7/2017 at 0:40 PM, Tsuujou said:

Yeah yeah, that's nice.
You won't chug it though.

Years ago I was at IHOP with some coworkers and somehow or other the subject shifted to the bottles of Cholula they keep out on the tables... and one guy with zero hesitation snatched one up, took a big swig, and said "ah, that'll put some hair in your chest."

• Like 2

I really love that I had a job interview in Chicago yesterday for a position with Newport News Shipbuilding. Though I hate my flight was delayed an hour there due to weather and two hours coming back so I didn't get to Atlanta till 10:30 pm. Overall though, pretty rad, hoping I get a job with them or Savannah River Site.

• Like 1

Randy Newman.

Got to see him live last month, and had a seat maybe 3 seats back? Was in a sort of BBQ hall setting; he played 34 songs total, and even did a request I shouted out, in my tipsy glee...

One of the best shows ever; he's 74, now I think, and he was on my must see list for years...it cost a small fortune, but I'm happy me and my friend went.

On 8/27/2017 at 11:50 PM, Victor-933 said:

I have an unhealthy obsession with obsolete computer interfaces.

While I never lived through the period, I love the aesthetics of 80's American stuff, especially technology and weapons. I'll never understand why, maybe I just watched too many action movies from the time.

1 hour ago, Dr. Doggo said:

While I never lived through the period, I love the aesthetics of 80's American stuff, especially technology and weapons. I'll never understand why, maybe I just watched too many action movies from the time.

I actually grew up on computers like that. I was using computers before I could walk; my first gaming memory was Paperboy on Commodore 64. The military hardware I linked (PAVE PAWS consoles) is also similar to stuff my dad dealt with when I was that age.

On 10/20/2017 at 6:02 PM, Tsuujou said:

Good boy

250px-522Blitzle.png

...this just makes me think of Sharky from Eek the Cat.

59efb231e8c32_download(4).jpg.18dc0fc4f9a5d9e4a43595fc3af685a1.jpg

49 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

I actually grew up on computers like that. I was using computers before I could walk; my first gaming memory was Paperboy on Commodore 64. The military hardware I linked (PAVE PAWS consoles) is also similar to stuff my dad dealt with when I was that age.

I can relate, sorta-somewhat(?)

When it came to tech (and videogames for that matter) my family usually got stuff late and cheap/pre-owned so I was always late to the party with that stuff. I have very vague memories of command line interfaces, DOS, floppy disks, and Amiga games. I'm quite sad I missed it and didn't get to properly appreciate it and the jump that Win95 onwards represented.

• Like 1

Avatar has a new album on the way, and I am fucking excited! I fucking love their music. One of the crazier bands to rise from the Gothenburg melodeath scene, Avatar continues to make original and exciting music. They are amazing live, too. It is no easy task getting a music festival crowd surging at 2 in the afternoon. Of course, they are headlining their very own tour, which comes to Cleveland in February. How fucking cool.

I love getting lost in whatever it is I'm doing for hours on end. I just spent a good few hours trying to figure out how to set up a Minecraft server for my friends with my house's oddball network setup, and I ended up learning a bit about networking in the process. The solution is obvious in retrospect (literally just had to port forward from router 1 -> router 2 -> computer), but I honestly feel more accomplished than frustrated.

Earlier this month I quit my theater job and started a new job at Conrad's Tire Express and Total Car Care as a maintenance tech. My official 2 week training starts tomorrow, and I get to drive across Cleveland to get to it. I already know the fundamentals, so it's just a matter of perfecting my craft so I can be quick and precise. I have a good feeling about this job.

• Like 1