All these new mods

MissFleece

All these new mods and none of them are on to do anything about the spam?

And none of them listen to complaints about certain threads which make a lot of users uncomfortable.

What's the point of reporting posts if it does nothing, if no one is listening? 

Wtf phoenix

go buy fake driving licenses. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't get the lack of cleanup, either.
Both Mentova and Willow were on during the spam.
I don't know what the entire process is behind deleting threads, but I assume it can't be that big of a chore.

And I still don't get the continued existence or defense of the thread that shalln't be named, either,
except that one of the mods seems to use it as a thirst outlet.
Which isn't very good justification, imo.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Vae said:

Gotta live out those fantasies of being anonymously fucked by a bunch of dudes somehow. We all know how hard it is to get out of the house for some. Who care's if someone is talking about fucking your friend's boyfriend. They didn't opt-out. I mean they didn't opt-in either, but hey. Shhh. Just let it happen.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brazen said:

Gotta live out those fantasies of being anonymously fucked by a bunch of dudes somehow. We all know how hard it is to get out of the house for some. Who care's if someone is talking about fucking your friend's boyfriend. They didn't opt-out. I mean they didn't opt-in either, but hey. Shhh. Just let it happen.

It's pretty fucking gross. Anything like that should be strictly opt-in, if allowed at all.

Either way, this is the same shit that would get a multipage thread calling out how stupid and ridiculous it is, if it was something FA was doing.
But it gets a pass here?
Yeah, no thanks.

• Like 3

I dislike the change in the culture of phoenix recently. Suddenly it feels...perverse and like people can't actually express opinions like they could. The feel of phoenix has changed into this place where you have to walk on eggshells and it's just turned into a circlejerk of gross people saying gross shit to each other. It's why I've stopped posting as much as I used to, it feels alienating and the mod situation does not give me any reassurance that the forum will get better anytime soon. 

• Like 6

On that note, I find it kind of hypocritical that I was agreed with so heavily in the General Chat thread about the fact that you shouldn't be making gross sexual comments (jokes or no) at random people, period,
but at the same time, we have an entire thread devoted to just that.

That's literally all it is.

It both encourages that mentality, and completely contradicts what we know as the standards here, otherwise.

Edited by Vae
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MissFleece said:

like people can't actually express opinions like they could. The feel of phoenix has changed into this place where you have to walk on eggshells and it's just turned into a circlejerk of gross people saying gross shit to each other.

It does seem like people have gotten more uptight lately. And yet somehow more uncouth at the same time...

But I mean, the mood changes in here from week to week so....  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

It does seem like people have gotten more uptight lately. And yet somehow more uncouth at the same time...

But I mean, the mood changes in here from week to week so....  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What a pacifist way to look at the forum though. If we let a toxic environment cultivate, it's only going to change for the worse, not the better. Best to nip it in the bud before it starts. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Vae said:

Yeah, I don't get the lack of cleanup, either.
Both Mentova and Willow were on during the spam.
I don't know what the entire process is behind deleting threads, but I assume it can't be that big of a chore.

And I still don't get the continued existence or defense of the thread that shalln't be named, either,
Which isn't very good justification, imo.

I literally leave the forums open in a tab all day, me being online here isn't an accurate way to determine if I'm actually at my PC or not.

I've had a pretty busy day and just came back to a billion reports and cleaned them up. I -think- I got all the spam threads but if you see more, report them.

Also I assume I am the "thirst outlet" mod? :V

1 minute ago, Toshabi said:

MONEY TIME! 

Can you please list all the threads/post that have been offending you?

The one that I'm using as my sexy cumthirst outlet apparently is the "which forum user would you fuck" thread, which is supposed to be a tongue in cheek/goofy flirting thread. The mod team decided that while at the moment its nothing too raunchy or bad, if people start getting upset with it we'll close it. At this point I probably will just close it since it seems people are legit having problems with it when before a certain user was most likely trolling about it.

9 minutes ago, MissFleece said:

What a pacifist way to look at the forum though. If we let a toxic environment cultivate, it's only going to change for the worse, not the better. Best to nip it in the bud before it starts. 

Well it's a matter of perspective. Many people aren't at all grossed out by the thread that was meant in jest.

The ones who were are all posting here, interestingly enough, are the ones who disliked it, as the ones who don't mind aren't discontent with the mods. 

The mods use their best judgement on wether the thread should remain, and kept an eye on it. I for one think they've done really well. They also didn't ignore the issues people raised about it, and requested that no one tag anyone anymore, to prevent notifications.

Just now, MissFleece said:

I see where you're coming from, but it's gotten pretty sucky in here several times since I've joined and it always seems to burn itself out after a few days. 
And when the mods do try to crack down, we all end up fighting about it.
So that's why I'm of the opinion to just wait it out.
Not that I'm necessarily right, either...

And as far as the Great Fuckthread of '16, it was kind of a confusing situation you gotta admit. Part of it was just innocent goofing off, but on the other hand you also had the more creepy/gross parts. Some people took it lightly as it was meant to be, others took it surprisingly seriously. It tread on both sides of the line, so I don't blame the mods for their course of action; and if they had locked it there probably would have been a big freakout. 
Somebody should have put a stop to all the ball-touching talk though. That was quite obviously too explicit for our current NSFW policy.

Just now, Conker said:

I bet Minty tastes like Mint.

It would be disappointing if this wasn't so.

10 minutes ago, Mentova said:

if people start getting upset with it we'll close it.

People HAVE been upset with it. I know you don't get relationship stuff but it usually isn't cool when someone talks about fucking someone else's boyfriend. One of these harmless posts is from an actual stalker. Who has sent someone dick pics, and has overall been nothing but a creep. On site and off. What's the point of coming forward with this stuff if you're just going to be hand waving on it. I guess pointing this out makes me a troll. 

Edited by Brazen
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

The ones who were are all posting here, interestingly enough, are the ones who disliked it, as the ones who don't mind aren't discontent with the mods. 

You mean the people who like to behave like disgusting perverts are the only people who like the mod's ability to enable that behavior? Please go on. 

2 minutes ago, Brazen said:

People HAVE been upset with it. I know you don't get relationship stuff but it usually isn't cool when someone talks about fucking someone else's boyfriend. One of these harmless posts is from an actual stalker. Who has sent someone dick pics, and has overall been nothing but a creep. On site and off. What's the point of coming forward with this stuff if you're just going to be hand waving on it. 

"I know you don't get relationship stuff" lol.

1 minute ago, 6tails said:

See, I'm not aware of this stalker so IHNFC what's going on with that.

I am not aware of this either and if people are being sexually harassed and stalked on here why was I not informed about it so we could ban them???

• Like 1

Just now, MissFleece said:

You mean the people who like to behave like disgusting perverts are the only people who like the mod's ability to enable that behavior? Please go on. 

Look, I'm not here to twist words or try and one up anybody. Just saying that plenty of people didn't have a problem with the thread, and that the mods didn't just ignore it as an issue. I'm not calling anyone a pervert, creep, stalker, lawyer, or any other insults. 

1 minute ago, Mentova said:

"I know you don't get relationship stuff" lol.

I am not aware of this either and if people are being sexually harassed and stalked on here why was I not informed about it so we could ban them???

It's more fun when you mods get to play detective. And if you don't figure it out in 30 minutes, you're going to get a very very angry post made about you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toshabi said:

It's more fun when you mods get to play detective. And if you don't figure it out in 30 minutes, you're going to get a very very angry post made about you.

well I'm a shitty detective so we're fucked then :c

Just now, Toshabi said:

Well now I picture the whole mod team in trenchcoats and fedoras, with magnifying glasses, looking for clues.

1 hour ago, MissFleece said:

So willow locked the bot's account, but didn't stick around long enough to clean it up?

If you don't have time to moderate the board, maybe don't be a moderator. 

I leave for two hours for work and apparently that counts as incompetence..okay

I was on break at work when the first reports came in and I tried to do as much as I could before having to leave. there were at least 15 total reports I had to try and sift through and trying to do that on mobile isn't easy. so I hid what I could. 

I at the very least tried to ban the bot to stop the flow of threads so it could be cleaned up later but apparently that either didn't work (somehow) or people had just gotten around to reporting them

1 minute ago, willow said:

I leave for two hours for work and apparently that counts as incompetence..okay

I was on break at work when the first reports came in and I tried to do as much as I could before having to leave. there were at least 15 total reports I had to try and sift through and trying to do that on mobile isn't easy. so I hid what I could. 

I at the very least tried to ban the bot to stop the flow of threads so it could be cleaned up later but apparently that either didn't work (somehow) or people had just gotten around to reporting them

I just got around to removing them. I've been busy today and had a lot of stuff on my plate. How dare we have lives >:V

8 minutes ago, MissFleece said:

The people who simlpy didn't open that thread don't seem to have a problem with the mods, either.

We might as well make straight, concise and chat-less discussions mandatory on here. No quoting, no mentioning, nothing. Just write something and move on. This way, no drama, no whining, no complaints, everybody's happy! 

This is the problem of the entire society. ONE paper-thin skinned person ruins the fun of everybody else.

For some reason it's always black or white. Now that we've shitposted all over the place is this forum going to turn into a monastery where we can't even talk to each other because oooohh somebody might be offended?

1 hour ago, willow said:

Furries? Having lives??? Blasphemy!

Maybe we should consider adding more moderators to the staff. There are only 1-2 who are active, and it doesn't seem to be not enough. It took a while for those spam threads to be dealt with and it seems like another opinion could be beneficial in dealing with matters like the "fuck" thread.

• Like 3

Just now, Newt said:

Maybe we should consider adding more moderators to the staff. There are only 1-2 who are active, and it doesn't seem to be not enough. It took a while for those spam threads to be dealt with and it seems like another opinion could be beneficial in dealing with matters like the "fuck" thread.

Agreed especially after the position where Lemon left wasn't filled.

Just now, Newt said:

Pretty sure one of em is on vacation at the moment to be honest.

13 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Well it's a matter of perspective. Many people aren't at all grossed out by the thread that was meant in jest.

The mods use their best judgement on wether the thread should remain, and kept an eye on it. I for one think they've done really well. They also didn't ignore the issues people raised about it, and requested that no one tag anyone anymore, to prevent notifications.

I'm not discontent with the mods as a whole. There just needs to be more consistency and professionalism in how issues like this are handled.
What is okay, and what isn't.
Why it's "just a joke" when there's an entire thread devoted to it, but unacceptable in the General Chat thread.

I can also speak on good authority as mod of the "official" Discord chat and participant in another large one that a lot of people did have issue with it, but didn't speak up about it until now.
Why? I dunno.
I do know that a lot of complaints were dismissed, because it's "just a joke you guys :]]]]  ;;;DDD"
But you shouldn't be making sexual jokes at people you don't know, like a creepy-ass weirdo. No one here should be doing that. You don't know someone's personal history. You don't know their relationships. You don't know their boundaries.

Literally the first thing that got posted in that thread about me was about someone "manhandling [my] chest."
That's not fucking okay. And if I hadn't said anything about it, I'm sure no one else would have either.
But that's the kind of attitude a thread like that invites.
And that simply shouldn't have a place here.

I will state again that, if allowed to exist, something of that nature should be strictly opt-in,
rather than the opposite.
People don't have to "opt-out" of sexual bullshit. That's not how consent works, sorry.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Newt said:

Usually Clove is pretty active too but she's busy right now. It probably wouldn't hurt though. 

We honestly should have brought someone else on when Lemon left though but at the time we were okay with just four. 

3 minutes ago, Vae said:

I'm not discontent with the mods as a whole. There just needs to be more consistency and professionalism in how issues like this are handled.
What is okay, and what isn't.
Why it's "just a joke" when there's an entire thread devoted to it, but unacceptable in the General Chat thread.

I can also speak on good authority as mod of the "official" Discord chat and participant in another large one that a lot of people did have issue with it, but didn't speak up about it until now.
Why? I dunno.
I do know that a lot of complaints were dismissed, because it's "just a joke you guys :]]]]  ;;;DDD"
But you shouldn't be making sexual jokes at people you don't know, like a creepy-ass weirdo. No one here should be doing that. You don't know someone's personal history. You don't know their relationships. You don't know their boundaries.

Literally the first thing that got posted in that thread about me was about someone "manhandling [my] chest."
That's not fucking okay. And if I hadn't said anything about it, I'm sure no one else would have either.
But that's the kind of attitude a thread like that invites.
And that simply shouldn't have a place here.

I will state again that, if allowed to exist, something of that nature should be strictly opt-in,
rather than the opposite.
People don't have to "opt-out" of sexual bullshit. That's not how consent works, sorry.

If people were that upset with it, why didn't they let us know?

The thread got I think two reports? One of which was confirmed as a troll report by another user who sent me a chatlog to prove it. If that many people, including yourself, were that uncomfortable you guys need to let us know. We can't read minds.

I locked the thread anyways, so its not even a problem anymore. No more "thirst outlet" for me, as you said.

• Like 1

@Vae

I don't really keep up with the Time Waster Thread that much but I think the problem with that one was it was sexual comments directed towards minors 

which in all honesty, I didn't fully agree with since it was obviously a joke comment but that's also the nature of """"consistency"""" and we'd just punished a different user for a similar thing 

so it's not inherently sexual comment that are bad..just don't talk about boning children 

4 minutes ago, willow said:

Usually Clove is pretty active too but she's busy right now. It probably wouldn't hurt though. 

We honestly should have brought someone else on when Lemon left though but at the time we were okay with just four. 

If there are going to be new moderators I want them to be democratically elected by the members of the forum. 

We should collectively select the people we trust to moderate the forum. 

We will get a better quality of moderator this way. 

10 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

If there are going to be new moderators I want them to be democratically elected by the members of the forum. 

We should collectively select the people we trust to moderate the forum. 

We will get a better quality of moderator this way. 

sounds bad, man. 

5 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Because they were apparently too busy bitching on Discord instead of bitching on THE VERY FUCKING SITE WHERE THEY'RE HAVING THE ISSUE.

Discord is not meant to be a trouble ticket system. For anyone to treat it as such is a fucking joke.

But that makes it easier to say the mods aren't doing their job

Just now, 6tails said:

A little easier said than done.

Yea, they act like they've never heard of the required trials a mod must face.

The seven trials of Vishnu,

The interrogation by a team of Ordo-Hereticus inquisitors,

The combat trial, where you must, alone, fight off several hundred spam bots.

Oh and let's not forget our forum moderators aren't allowed to have lives of there one.They must be online 24/7, ever vigilant.

22 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Things of that thread's particular nature are inherently opt-out. Opt-in would be more like "Wake Up With The User Above You" thread.

Meh, sex stuff should be discussed opt-in, imho. In "western" culture sex is considered something private/touchy.

Private things shouldn't be made public without consent.

Touchy things should be treated more cautios. And if there really were descriptions a'la

27 minutes ago, Vae said:

without some form of consent/"I'm okay with that" that is fucked. 

And if that means that such threads can't exist... Well sucks to be them (threads).

3 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Those that are much more likely to do something are also the least likely to get that nomination.

Even if they're not mods here, but they know that bunch of other people aren't comfortable with something and have to back it up, I still don't understand why they just don't report the things.

But eh, it's not my business to judge or tell others what they need to do.