Shower Thoughts

Zaraphayx

Today I was pondering a line of mildly musky soaps, conditioners and bath products for furries, that smelled just so faintly of the woods, of the sharp musk of the fox, and also, one with just a hint of skunk: I could make then different colors, for the different animals, and furs could be clean, moisturized and musky, all at the same time. Good clean fun!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

If I smoke weed from a bong filled with holy water, does it make me purified and blessed?

Depends, are you a Rastafarian?

There's also evidence that the early Christian church used hallucinogens as a means of prophecy. It's called 'Revelations'.

Incidentally I've met a few satanists in my time and it depends what kind you're talking about. Some Satanists don't believe in Satan in the Judeo-Christian sense (it is, after all, only the Hebrew word for 'Adversary') but in a pre-Christian deity that they think was unfairly victimised by the bible. Lucifer also exists in other belief systems in a more positive light (haha... geddit? Light?) for example in Zoroastrian Dualism he's often associated with Ahura Mazda (sounds like a car...).

On 9/26/2016 at 2:16 AM, Faust said:

There's also evidence that the early Christian church used hallucinogens as a means of prophecy. It's called 'Revelations'.

Revelations is intentionally obscure. It was written, after all, during the reign of Nero and intended for a specific "in club." Nero himself is mentioned in the text. However, Solomon was known to have been a connoisseur of hashish.

It is in fact not at all common to have snow at Christmas in the UK. The main reason for the 'White Christmas' tradition is Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" in which it does snow, but even in that book it is mentioned that the weather is distinctly unseasonal.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There's a lot of people on this forum who can not recall a time they did not have the internet, and I wonder what that must be like.

I think I first got a computer and started using it in about 199y, and recall life before anyone was really 'online', and how much more it seems like we hung out, and did things. The world seems quieter now, not as physically social, removed.

• 2 weeks later...

The company I work for is doing one of these 'Diversity Survey' things and I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand I am strongly in favour of equality. On the other hand I don't see how a survey serves that purpose. The way to promote equality is to ignore irrelevant features such as race, gender, sexual orientation, disability and the like, and hire purely based upon the ability to perform one's duties.

Now let's assume your survey shows the company doesn't have any mongolians, little people, transgendered people, homosexual females or schizophrenics. What are you going to do, hire a mad mongolian midget lesbian on the understanding that she get a vaginoplasty ASAP? Or are you going to do the sensible thing and hire somebody who can do the job, regardless of any other factors?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

Why don't the Christians try opposing abortion by appealing to liberal sensibilities and call aborted fetuses "womb refugees"????

Probably to avoid scenes like this at maternity wards:

Surgeon: Congratulations, Mrs Smith, it's a boy!
Border Patrol: ...but he's got no passport.
Surgeon: Oh dear, you're right. BACK IN YOU GO, IMMIGRANT!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/03/2017 at 2:17 PM, Fossa-Boy said:

Ok, say you were starving, and cut off your foot and ate it. Would that still be cannibalism or does it have it's own tedm?

It's actually called 'Autocannibalism'.

• 3 weeks later...