Shower Thoughts

Zaraphayx

4 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I am not sure that the advent of language progressed this way. Overall I don't think that language, in its most primitive form, was invented by anybody.

As a matter of interest, the answer to your subsequent question is known; the earliest written languages were pictographic and the words the pictures were associated with were used to denote the symbol.For example one would say 'Idea', with a drawing of an eye and a deer. This is known as 'syllable based logography'. 

An example of such a language is cuneiform, which began with little drawings that weren't really writing at all, but gradually evolved into a highly abstracted written language and then was eventually replaced with an alphabet. 

I'm aware that there's a more complex process behind it. I was not making assumptions or claims that we just wrote an A on a piece of paper one day, and went "That makes the 'ah' sound!"
But things did eventually lead in that direction, regardless of their origins. And we did, at some point, have to associate some form of symbolism with sounds and concepts, for language to even start beyond basic, noticeable physical expression, like an animal baring its teeth, or screaming to frighten something off.

In any case, I wasn't really aiming to write an essay on specifics, since brevity seems contextually appropriate in a thread about (random) shower thoughts, where I'm speaking amongst such statements like "I have to poop" and "69 looks like a sex position."
So yeah.

1 minute ago, DevilBear said:

If there are an infinite number of alternate universes, does it stand to reason that i could have already died an infinite amount of times? Am I dead right now?

If the number is truly infinite, and in particular if an infinite number obey the same laws of physics as our own, then everything you will ever do will be done infinitely many times by infinitely many yous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rassah said:

University degree is something employers generally don't even look at besides to see if you have one. And some are starting to not care if you have one, and only look at experience instead.

I don't have any experience. No one wants to hire an inexperienced worker

57 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Quit university; you can work under Rassah. 

does this involve giving blowjobs and working with databases

22 hours ago, Saxon said:

Quit university; you can work under Rassah. 

If you can do Android or iOS development, yes you can.

21 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

I don't have any experience. No one wants to hire an inexperienced worker

Then work on that first. It'll be cheaper than paying for a university.

"How long can I sit in here before people start to worry about me?" "Would my skin decompose slower with running water over it?" "Should I even care that they'd find me naked?"

It was around there that I decided to just get out

5 hours ago, Augmented Husky said:

If you crash a car on purpose is it still an accident ?

.....or would it be a "Purpose" ? xD

It's because of this crazy shizz that the official term was changed to 'Traffic Collision'.

That, and the authorities don't want to say reckless driving is 'accidental'.

6 hours ago, Frig said:

So, that Indian woman on the Land O' Lakes butter is holding a package of butter with an image of her holding a package of butter...With the same image holding a package of butter..Like, when does it ever end? 

I have spent much time pondering this.

And staring at Ms. Lakes chestal region, apparently.

Edited by Endless/Nameless
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DrDingo said:

It's because of this crazy shizz that the official term was changed to 'Traffic Collision'.

That, and the authorities don't want to say reckless driving is 'accidental'.

Sure that's not just a myth from Hot Fuzz? 

We are shaped by our experience and our experience becomes memories. Our memories define our wisdom and our personalities. As we grow, these naturally change. Likewise, memories too become obscured and forgotten, yet their imprint lingers in a way. New experience forces us to adjust, our memories are consistently updated which affects our personalities and over the course of years our flesh is gradually entirely replaced. I am not the same person I used to be.

That boy in all my childhood photos is dead, and I'm just living my life with his name. In time I too will be gone, replaced by another version of this individual who will look back on me with emotions I can only hope will be positive. Yet I fear otherwise.

• Like 1

If the infinite universe theory is real, then does that mean I got with Asgore in one? Wait, by that logic, that means that there's one where the same happened with Toriel. One with Undyne as well, and even more for the rest of the cast. Wait, where am I going with this? How did I get to this point in the first place, I started off with whether waking up next to somebody with fur would be wonderful or if it would be too hot... Christ, I'm lonely. I need to get out and see people more.