Shower Thoughts

Zaraphayx

On 15 May 2016 at 2:38 AM, FenrirDarkWolf said:

What happens if the President dies and the Vice President was a former President who had 2 terms...

More to the point, what if the President is REALLY FUCKING GOOD AT HIS JOB and all the other candidates are like, badgers in suits or obviously lobbying for power with the aid of Satanic Magic, but the president's already had 2 terms...

3 hours ago, Faust said:

More to the point, what if the President is REALLY FUCKING GOOD AT HIS JOB and all the other candidates are like, badgers in suits or obviously lobbying for power with the aid of Satanic Magic, but the president's already had 2 terms...

then fuck you basically

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So yesterday I watched Office Space and noticed how Bill Lumbergh, the boss, has an uncanny resemblance to one of the managers at the theater I work at. They wear similar glasses, have similar hair, have a similar facial structure, and both get kinda pushy at times. Their first names are even the same.

15 hours ago, Frig said:

So I had a lady client today who is a nurse who saved a young heroin addicts life. Would she be considered a "heroine"?

Interestingly enough, this isn't technically a pun. Heroin was intended to be an opiate painkiller with all the painkilling attributes of opium but without the addiction problem. It was named 'Heroin' because of the heroic way it handled pain. Unfortunately, as it transpired, it was even MORE addictive than opium.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Proper noun said:

The planet Jupiter is named after the Roman god who is Zeus. One of Jupiter's moons is named Ganymede, after the Greek god of homosexuality and Zeus's lover.

Oh yes, the Greeks were big fans of naughty greasy man-love. It always gets written out in the movies. Troy, I'm looking at you! Patroclus was not Achilles' 'friend'.

Interestingly, it's been theorised that both Zeus and Jupiter draw their etymology from the same basic source, 'Diaus Pitar', meaning 'Father Sky'.

Freedom is meaningless without a qualifier - freedom from or to do what? Total absolute universal freedom is self-contradictory, since every freedom exercised is a freedom curtailed - if I eat a doughnut, I impinge upon the freedom of others to eat that doughnut. If I speak out, I contravene my own right to remain silent. There can therefore be no absolute individual freedom, only such little freedoms as are prescribed by society as a whole.

Freedom becomes meaningful only when it comes hand-in-hand with the necessity of accepting the consequences.

• Like 2

In the summer, it gets so hot, that in the city, I can take a shower with just cold water, because the pipes under the streets and sidewalks all heat up so much, after a while, there really is no cold tap water, just cool.

• Like 1