Shower Thoughts

Zaraphayx

12 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

If men weren't supposed to have anal, then why is a man's g-spot up his ass...?

Conclusion: Men are supposed to have anal sex.

That's not really how evolution works. Theoretically if this were an evolutionary trait, rather than a side-effect of some other evolutionary trait, then there would be some benefit to the species in its existence. I therefore propose the following possible reasons:

1) It is advantageous for some (but not all) men to be gay.
This may be because it relieves population stress to have non-breeding members of the species.

2) It lessens the trauma of anal rape if you enjoy it a bit.
Ok this one doesn't seem very likely...

3) It encourages people to have their prostates checked.
Prostate cancer's a killer, yo.

4) The prostate has changed function.
This may be rendered more likely with reference to the knowledge that men are essentially genetically defective women.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Faust said:

That's not really how evolution works. Theoretically if this were an evolutionary trait, rather than a side-effect of some other evolutionary trait, then there would be some benefit to the species in its existence. I therefore propose the following possible reasons:

1) It is advantageous for some (but not all) men to be gay.
This may be because it relieves population stress to have non-breeding members of the species.

2) It lessens the trauma of anal rape if you enjoy it a bit.
Ok this one doesn't seem very likely...

3) It encourages people to have their prostates checked.
Prostate cancer's a killer, yo.

4) The prostate has changed function.
This may be rendered more likely with reference to the knowledge that men are essentially genetically defective women.

Agreed, and on the other hand as in 'a side-effect of a lack of evolutionary pressure favoring prevention of its stimulation,' we might consider such:

The nerve stimulated is relevant to signalling involved in triggering the orgasm. Nerve stimulation is a two way street, to a degree, and manually stimulating the nerve to the point of signalling jumpstarts the process and feeds backs its execution to kick off the cascade of signals that produces the pleasurable component of the orgasm.

The structural nature of an organism is a series of compromises between competing evolutionary pressures. There is only so much space for this stuff in the body and its arrangement is dictated by evolutionary pressures on it and its neighboring structures. Theoretically, treating it as a side-effect, the 'priority' of protecting this nerve from other means of stimulation beyond control by the nervous system is simply less than the priority of other structural requirements. Like perhaps having a sufficiently large rectum for safe waste disposal, or growth with minimizing energy and nutrient costs.

Perhaps its merely disadvantageous to develop protections against stimulation, like a thicker rectal wall that lessens impacts.

Edited by DrGravitas
Breaking up the wall 'o text.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Look behind you. You aren't alone. You never have been alone.

There are 13 shades behind every man, for that is how much the dead outnumber the living, watching you toil away under the same sun that burned your ancestors, waiting for you to join their ranks, preparing for the final day.

Do you think they pity us? We who still have hope? We who walk this endless tomb, searching vainly before the silver cord is broken? Seeking solace whole the light still warms us?

Perhaps they press us onwards, towards an escape they could not yet reach. Or perhaps they hold us down, unwilling to be left behind. 

• Like 1

I wish somebody would reply to the Corrupted Wish Games threads, here, and in the Red Lantern! Also: Why does that game appeal to so much, above and beyond all other sorts of forum games?

I was reading a book by Robert Coover, where the topic of wishes going wrong is discussed, and is almost a central tenant of most fairy tales that involve wishes. In fairy tails, perhaps as in life, wishes are variously misused, wasted, taken too late to be of use, or turn out other than we expect: perhaps this is the very nature of wishes, and fairy tails reveal what we already know about them, deep in the collective unconscious.

There's a place in town that does unlimited fries if you eat in. Theyre super good fries too. They will not give you Extra fries if you take out, however.

I spent probably 10 minutes in the shower just a little white ago trying to devise a way to get carry out and extra fries for free via subterfuge and slight of hand.

What has my life become?

Unrelated but I'm going to go get fries now.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

Hillary being elected president and then croaking so fast it'd make William Henry Harrison's head spin could very well be the best possible outcome for this election.

Maybe poor WHH won't be the shortest-lived president anymore...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DrDingo said:

Are love songs something you can only fully understand once you've fallen in love, or do they feel the same before and after?

can confirm they take on much more meaning afterward, yes. everything starts to click.

even more so if it ends badly.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DrDingo said:

Are love songs something you can only fully understand once you've fallen in love, or do they feel the same before and after?

I actually experienced this in reverse! Once I'd fallen in love I realised just how hollow and baseless the majority of love songs are. I'm talking about all those bubblegum pop songs and boy bands that pretend to some expression of deep, meaningful emotional attachment, but if you listen to them properly you know. They're not love songs. They're 'I love the money you pay me to sing this shite' songs. They're songs that are written about love because love sells, not because the singer has experienced it. Only a scant few that are released these days have the integrity to truly come from the heart.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Faust said:

I actually experienced this in reverse! Once I'd fallen in love I realised just how hollow and baseless the majority of love songs are. I'm talking about all those bubblegum pop songs and boy bands that pretend to some expression of deep, meaningful emotional attachment, but if you listen to them properly you know. They're not love songs. They're 'I love the money you pay me to sing this shite' songs. They're songs that are written about love because love sells, not because the singer has experienced it. Only a scant few that are released these days have the integrity to truly come from the heart.

Honestly some lyrics are so vague in love and what you feel that I usually think of platonic love and thus my friends, stuff I love to do, art and so forth. Any other time I just like the beat 

2 hours ago, Glowing Glass said:

I never go outside

Everything is always clean here

I will smell fresh for days anyways

Wat u gonna do? Come to my house and smell me?

:v

We all get used to our own smells

go take shower and then smell your previously eorn clothes, that is what others smell

People set their lawn on fire to make it grow better...

Does smelling your own farts count as recycling?

A severed head is a nobody.

Bart's answer to Lisa's "What is the sound of one hand clapping?" riddle was simplistically brilliant.

7 hours ago, Gamedog said:

When will my dog grow up and stop standing halfway in the shower to bite the water

Dogs are always puppies at heart.

30 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

Bart's answer to Lisa's "What is the sound of one hand clapping?" riddle was simplistically brilliant.

Also found in the Discworld novels. Also both wrong.

The sound of one hand clapping is 'Clap', because the word 'clapping' means to make a noise that sounds like 'clap'. How it manages to accomplish the feat is beyond the scope of the question.

• Like 1