Uptight People Who Think They Are Not Uptight

#00Buck

So I'm at a party on the weekend...

The people at the party were all lefty skateboarding, punk rocking, pot smoking, graffiti writing, artist type people who claim that "anything goes."

Okay then. Time to tell everyone about my weird hobbies which actually aren't that weird at all. 

I mean when it came to unusual conversation topics I kept it turned down to maybe a two out of ten. 

Talk about uptight! They refused to accept anything that didn't fall into their definition of what is "normal."

When challenged they all refused to believe they are uptight. 

They had no rational explanation for this. They just refused to believe that they're unwilling to accept things that are different. Even thought that was the case. 

Most people who think they are accepting and tolerant are only tolerant and accepting of people who are exactly the same as them. 

I also find that people who make the biggest claims about being accepting are the least accepting and most uptight people going. 

In spite of the amount of weed smoked that evening most of the time they were talking about things that upset them, annoyed them, or that they were angry about.

Not a lot of positive energy going around. In fact the number of sentences that stated with the words "I hate" was alarming. 

It's kinda sad that the number of intolerant people in the world really hasn't changed. They just flipped from one extreme to the other. 

However, the party did have Me, My jokes, Lots of laughter, Chicago Mix, SMORES, Gourmet Pizza, Bourbon, and Bruce Banner so in the end it was pretty good. 

• Like 2

Beautiful people.

2 hours ago, #00Buck said:

I also find that people who make the biggest claims about being accepting are the least accepting and most uptight people going.

Yup.

2 hours ago, #00Buck said:

However, the party did have Me, My jokes, Lots of laughter, Chicago Mix, SMORES, Gourmet Pizza, Bourbon, and Bruce Banner so in the end it was pretty good. 

[stomach gurgles]

• Like 2

4 hours ago, #00Buck said:

This. For some people "accepting" becomes "endorsing the values that I personally think are right, and exploding into a victim complex if you disagree".

Like the furries who are all "let's all get along, peace and tolerance", but go on a tirade about MAH FURSECUTION if someone says something negative.

• Like 4

Just now, LazerMaster5 said:

Filthy weeb. :V:V:V:V

A whole bunch of my coworkers are into that kind of stuff. Tell me how people see it as weird?

It wasn't so much that they thought the specific activity was weird. They just could not understand why I was doing it. 

I just kept saying "it's fun. You know something to do on the weekend. Why not?"

They kept asking why I would do these things. "What do you get out of it?"

I said "don't you get tired of doing the same things all the time over and over again?"

They changed the subject after that because clearly they do enjoy doing the same thing all the time.

Just now, Kinharia said:

I don't pretend to not be uptight. I know I am, I just try not to be.

Yeah, but at least there's honesty in that. 

The part that pisses me off is the whole trying to act like you're an easy going carefree person when you have a massive stick up your ass. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kosha said:

If you honestly claim you're an open-minded individual, you probably aren't.

I am completely open-minded about everything that fits within a clearly defined set of rules relating to my specific world view.  

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Saxon said:

I'm surprised pot heads would castigate somebody for enjoying Anime. Maybe they think Anime is nerdy, compared to skating and smoking herb, which is cool. 

Potheads are some of the most BORING and two dimensional people on the planet. 

Super uptight and they only talk about weed, junk food, and how hemp is going to cure cancer, make free energy, and save everyone. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Super uptight and they only talk about weed, junk food, and how hemp is going to cure cancer, make free energy, and save everyone. 

Also the psychedelic art they make usually sucks. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

I agree, being stoned makes you deep and profound in the same way that being drunk makes you funny, as in it generally doesn't.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Strongbob said:

I agree, being stoned makes you deep and profound in the same way that being drunk makes you funny, as in it generally doesn't.  

I prefer drunks. 

They never tell me that vodka is going to cure cancer, make renewable energy, and save the world. 

They just slur their words and stumble around and use a pizza slice as a pillow for an impromptu "drunk nap."

Edited by #00Buck

Oh yea, but on topic, I think I'm fairly open-minded, but the line between being open-minded and having your own opinions can get blurry in an argument. Par exemple, if I were to say that I'm fine with people liking vore, but I find it kind of weird, there are those who would go on a crusade calling me closed minded. (I mean, that's not a conversation I'd have with my friends, but as an example.)

Just now, 6tails said:

I've been smoking weed and growing it for about.. 17 years. I'm definitely a stoner, despite my current medical usage. I just have my shit together.

Well you also have diverse talents and interests. 

I doubt you'd say that you are in any way an "average" stoner.

In fact I doubt you'd classify yourself as an "average" anything.

1 minute ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Oh yea, but on topic, I think I'm fairly open-minded, but the line between being open-minded and having your own opinions can get blurry in an argument. Par exemple, if I were to say that I'm fine with people liking vore, but I find it kind of weird, there are those who would go on a crusade calling me closed minded. (I mean, that's not a conversation I'd have with my friends, but as an example.)

What about vore is weird?

Just now, 6tails said:

Back on topic, I have found that many people that claim they're not uptight, tend to be either uptight, or stuck-up. Usually the more humble people tend to be quiet.

Then you get general lovable assholes such as myself.

Where is Zara?

Cuz that sounds so gay a rainbow just shot out of my peen. 

3 hours ago, #00Buck said:

What about vore is weird?

I loathe having stomach pain, and so that seeing bloated stomachs and stuff like that kind of makes me think of stomach pain, and I'm, well, not a fan of that.

Especially hard-vore. I'm just generally not a fan of people being digested. 

Again though, I know some people like it. Heck some people think furries are weird, but here I am.

Just now, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

I loathe having stomach pain, and so that seeing bloated stomachs and stuff like that kind of makes me think of stomach pain, and I'm, well, not a fan of that.

Especially hard-vore. I'm just generally not a fan of people being digested. 

Again though, I know some people like it. Heck some people think furries are weird, but here I am.

Do you like cake?

Cuz that sounds so gay a rainbow just shot out of my peen. 

Why on earth did I picture that with sound-effects included....

Do you like cake?

Not very much, actually. I've grown kinda, disliking it. Too sweet, too bland, too normal.

Edited by Feelwell the Rabbit

That's actually really good.

Someone needs to make a drawing of this. 

Not my purview, and the day I write something describing something like that is the day I manage to find comfortable clothing that's not dark grey, black or dark blue.

I'm just too, uptight about and closed minded of clothing comfort levels.

Just now, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Not my purview, and the day I write something describing something like that is the day I manage to find comfortable clothing that's not dark grey, black or dark blue.

Too late. You already described it.

Now we just need to find someone to draw it. 

The worse the quality the better the drawing will be. 

Now we just need to find someone to draw it. 

The worse the quality the better the drawing will be. 

Got you covered, 10 minutes in MS Paint and it's better than any artwork I've done before.

I have no idea how to make content hidden, so gonna Gyazo it.

Gonna say NSFW, be warned.

https://gyazo.com/c625e0b721ebdf91c8bd200eb10852a8

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 6tails said:

I would!

But would he be uptight for not wanting that?

Or perhaps all those hats would make his antlers seem fat.

See it's not a job for just any cat.

However, if he said that, would he be a brat,

like those hipsters who order low-fat?

9 hours ago, #00Buck said:

Anime, manga, and cosplay. Normal geek stuff. Really vanilla in terms of being "weird."

How the fuck is any of that weird? Weird might be considered as taking a long, steaming piss on your $1000 fursuit head and posting it all over tumblr as GIFs and still images of the entire night of said pissing. To each their own but fuck that is strange to me.

8 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

This thread triggers me

emo_orange_by_tlarn.jpg

17 hours ago, Luka said:

Hey, come on, at least tell us your weird hobbies so we can judge you too.

I've met him in meatspace and I'm gonna blow the lid off everything you thought you knew about Buck.

9 hours ago, #00Buck said:

Anime, manga, and cosplay. Normal geek stuff. Really vanilla in terms of being "weird."

oh nm