Uptight People Who Think They Are Not Uptight

#00Buck

2 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Welcome to Reddit, where people are a bunch of conservatives who see gays, trannies, and furries as degenerates.

I recently learned a handy new word: "bro-gressive." It describes someone who presents as cool, chill, and vaguely liberal, but who is actually uptight, xenophobic, NIMBY-ish, and surprisingly conservative under the skin. The impression I get is that a "bro-gressive" is a "bro" when everything's cool and they get to have their way, and "-gressive" when anyone or anything enters their space or demands that they change, shift, reconsider, or compromise in any way.

Seems to describe a sizable contingent of 4chan, Reddit, and SomethingAwful, no?

• Like 1

How the hell you suppose to know who you like if you just like everyone and let them walk right into your mind huh? It's clear that uptight people know exactly what they want, the go-getters in life! If they say "anything goes", well then you better you and your non-conforming beliefs can too!.... Anywho'zle :V

Tried to make that last longer than it did, like many other things, but not really able to keep that kind of talk up. Requires too much thinking. I consider myself rather chill and open minded about others and their preferences to things. Doesn't mean I ain't uptight about stuff, but normally it's pertaining to me, myself and I. Though as Feely Rabbit says, it can be a bit confusing when you're announcing your personal opinion. Though I think too people take being 'open minded' as you needing to accept everything openly. I take it more like "My thing works for me, yours for you, ain't gonna bother me any."

On 4/19/2016 at 11:05 AM, Troj said:

I recently learned a handy new word: "bro-gressive."

I've just learned to dislike all words changed to start with "bro". It has served me well so far. Well maybe except "Brovaries", that one is kinda funny.

On 4/12/2016 at 0:20 PM, Saxon said:

Why do Americans think that China is on the opposite side of the world to them? It's not even in the southern hemisphere. 

I can proudly say that I know the opposite side of the world is half way between some French territory and the south west corner Australia!