People Who Refer To Themselves by Species

PastryOfApathy

1 hour ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

I smell a rat....

In all honesty it only makes sense if you're referring to their 'sona, or online self.

I don't mind being called a rabbit, it can be funny in certain circumstances, but I don't expect it.

I do it in a kind of "cute way" that I wouldn't do to anyone else. It makes more sense if I demonstrated it but I'd rather not.

19 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

. It makes more sense if I demonstrated it but I'd rather not.

No please don't, I get what you mean, and if you say it there'll be an explosion of fantasies and secret fanfics.

So to save all our souls, furry and non-furry alike, don't.

17 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

No please don't, I get what you mean, and if you say it there'll be an explosion of fantasies and secret fanfics.

So to save all our souls, furry and non-furry alike, don't.

Oh please, it's not much of a secret. People have already had their "ships" ruined.

10 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Oh please, it's not much of a secret. People have already had their "ships" ruined.

Yea but you saying it will trigger it. They'll all get the idea in their head to write a story with those words.

A sick, twisted reflection of a pure writers creation.

Or, to put it plainly, weird stories.

28 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I don't blame you for giving the dingo dongo dango thing-ago though. 

So bongo, bongo, bongo I don't want to leave the Congo, oh no no no no no! Bingle, bangle, bungle I'm so happy in the jungle I refuse to go!

• Like 2

On April 13, 2016 at 0:51 PM, WolfNightV4X1 said:

The thing that annoys me more is usernames that are "Name the Species"

Do you even use that username on non-furrycentric sites or do you just like being a furfag everywhere you go...oh wait furfags don do anything besides furfag :v

IDK man, I may have "wolf" in my username but its not-furry enough to be used everywhere without screaming furfag, I was a wolf fag before I was (officially) a furry

Honestly, mine is a permutation of "Strangeguy32000"

• 5 weeks later...

I went to a Halloween party in real life last year that was specifically for furries and towards the end of the party everyone got around a campfire and were supposed to describe who they were to each other by their fursona. Everyone was speaking like "I am a brown wolf", "I am a Marlin the rabbit", etc. and it was really weird to me. Especially since it was all teenagers and young adults except for this old black lady who looked like she was in her 60s just sitting there watching us. When it got to her she asked to be skipped and it was just really weird because I don't know if she was a furry or just lived around there and was watching us and it was really uncomfortable. She didn't seem to mind but the whole time it felt extremely awkward, especially since I don't have a fursona made out so when it came to me I just thought of the most idealized thing I could think of. Calling yourself an animal species in real life is really strange and awkward.

48 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

I went to a Halloween party in real life last year that was specifically for furries and towards the end of the party everyone got around a campfire and were supposed to describe who they were to each other by their fursona. Everyone was speaking like "I am a brown wolf", "I am a Marlin the rabbit", etc. and it was really weird to me. Especially since it was all teenagers and young adults except for this old black lady who looked like she was in her 60s just sitting there watching us. When it got to her she asked to be skipped and it was just really weird because I don't know if she was a furry or just lived around there and was watching us and it was really uncomfortable. She didn't seem to mind but the whole time it felt extremely awkward, especially since I don't have a fursona made out so when it came to me I just thought of the most idealized thing I could think of. Calling yourself an animal species in real life is really strange and awkward.

She was probably someone's mom or something lol.

5 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

She was probably someone's mom or something lol.

There was a lot of people making gay sexual innuendos and some people drinking at that party so if it was someone's mother that just makes it worse.

8 minutes ago, PheagleAdler said:

I sometimes joke "because I'm an eagle" when I order salmon or other seafood at restaurants.

I can only picture this scenario happening and the waiter passing off a half-hearted fake laugh while awkwardly jotting it down and walking away while trying not to cringe.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, root said:

I can only picture this scenario happening and the waiter passing off a half-hearted fake laugh while awkwardly jotting it down and walking away while trying not to cringe.

Well I don't say it to the waiter.

Really, why would they cringe anyway, it's just a joke. I'm not an eagle in reality.

5 hours ago, Augmented Husky said:

I'll have to try that xD

I generally enjoy asking people what animal they would be.

When someone appears to appreciate the question, ponders it seriously, or, especially, answers it quickly and with great gusto, I know I've hit paydirt.

Then, I turn the person's reply into a running gag, without overdoing it.

Occasionally, the person will take the baton, so to speak, and start making the jokes themselves. Voila, furry.

On 5/20/2016 at 10:27 PM, Troj said:

I generally enjoy asking people what animal they would be.

When someone appears to appreciate the question, ponders it seriously, or, especially, answers it quickly and with great gusto, I know I've hit paydirt.

Then, I turn the person's reply into a running gag, without overdoing it.

Occasionally, the person will take the baton, so to speak, and start making the jokes themselves. Voila, furry.

I did this with my father and he went on a tangent for an hour and a half on how he'd be a hard working bear explaining the reasons why and referring to himself as "beer bear."

It fit so perfect it was hilarious. 

• Like 1