Things that you hate! v2

Sar

3 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I can't tell if this is sarcastic, but I know some people will probably agree with it, so I'll reply as if it's serious. 

In the past 16 years Islamists have killed 94 people in terror attacks in the USA. This means that white nationalists, having killed 50, are the second biggest threat (although who is in the lead varies from year to year)

We're talking about people like dylan roof: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dylann_Roof
and unfortunately we have white nationalist terror attacks in Europe too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik

Counter terrorism should be prepared to foil attackers, no matter which ideology they subscribe to.

I agree, I just don't think it's any indication that Trump support white nationalism.

I'm sorry, Saxon. I'm just angry because you wouldn't have a public Google Hangout™ with me.

But what else could I expect? Men just love to break hearts. I thought we could have a quaint little farm in Northern France, surrounded by a field of sunflowers. You obviously don't want that, Mr. Man.

I will never let you ride my bicycle for two.

4 minutes ago, Hux said:

I agree, I just don't think it's any indication that Trump support white nationalism.

I'm sorry, Saxon. I'm just angry because you wouldn't have a public Google Hangout™ with me.

But what else could I expect? Men just love to break hearts. I thought we could have a quaint little farm in Northern France, surrounded by a field of sunflowers. You obviously don't want that, Mr. Man.

I will never let you ride my bicycle for two.

tumblr_mqi2d9u3lc1sbnvc9o1_500.gif

Go! Go! Before I beg you to stay...

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Glowing Glass said:

Oh my fucking god I hate having misophonia. People think it's a silly joke or I'm just overreacting when I say I hate the sound of lip smacking.

I can sympathise. I can't stand the sound of people eating, especially if it's very crunchy and moist foods like apples and pickled onions. I have one friend who, having eaten a piece of chicken on the bone, happily sits there cracking the bones open with her teeth to such the marrow out and that makes me feel queasy. Sometimes I even start to feel icky thanks to the sound of myself chewing.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Faust said:

I can sympathise. I can't stand the sound of people eating, especially if it's very crunchy and moist foods like apples and pickled onions. I have one friend who, having eaten a piece of chicken on the bone, happily sits there cracking the bones open with her teeth to such the marrow out and that makes me feel queasy. Sometimes I even start to feel icky thanks to the sound of myself chewing.

Weird, it's ice for me.

The touch of ice that isn't wet on the surface, like icecubes, is absolutely awful. The sound practically hurrs as bad as the touch, and while I can withstand the cold ice just.... wrecks me when dry.

Also paper plates with wet hands, or eggs with wet hands. It's too weird

• Like 1

When I spend weeks and weeks struggling along side my Business Analyst through difficult tests of a fairly straight forward code change and then it go into production and another team merges in code incorrectly and overwrites it, requiring us to restore it and (per required procedures) test it all over again.

dreading what work will be like from now on since i just got told there's yet another time-consuming task i'll be expected to do every day, on top of everything else.  i already get off a half hour to an hour late most days; i'd have liked to be able to reduce that time, not add to it.  i guess i'll just see how it goes today as far as whether or not it's gonna really put me further behind, but knowing my manager, it probably will.  ain't like she's gonna make any effort to optimize my schedule or stop giving me extra work she didn't feel like doing herself.  yesterday all i could think about was quitting.  like, just handing over the keys, walking out the door, and not coming back.  maybe packing my things and moving into a hotel or some shit until i found a new job or lost so much money i'd be forced into a homeless shelter or something idk but holy god i'm so tired of everything all the time i don't know how much more i can take.  but we'll see how today goes.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gator said:

dreading what work will be like from now on since i just got told there's yet another time-consuming task i'll be expected to do every day, on top of everything else.  i already get off a half hour to an hour late most days; i'd have liked to be able to reduce that time, not add to it.  i guess i'll just see how it goes today as far as whether or not it's gonna really put me further behind, but knowing my manager, it probably will.  ain't like she's gonna make any effort to optimize my schedule or stop giving me extra work she didn't feel like doing herself.  yesterday all i could think about was quitting.  like, just handing over the keys, walking out the door, and not coming back.  maybe packing my things and moving into a hotel or some shit until i found a new job or lost so much money i'd be forced into a homeless shelter or something idk but holy god i'm so tired of everything all the time i don't know how much more i can take.  but we'll see how today goes.

If a lot of other workers you know find themselves working an hour late, maybe it means that you need more staff?
You can put it to them that, if the staff all have a manageable amount of work, that the quality of that work will be much better.

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

If a lot of other workers you know find themselves working an hour late, maybe it means that you need more staff?
You can put it to them that, if the staff all have a manageable amount of work, that the quality of that work will be much better.

unfortunately, it's mostly just me.  that's why i'm the one getting pulled over and talked at in the office about bullshit like "you spend too much time in the bathroom" (even so i have to -work- in the bathrooms???) but the people who literally nap on the job or stand around chatting, making coffee, or talking on their phones in the backroom don't get cited for that.  there are people there who will make a point of calling me from across the store for something they could and should have done themselves, because doing anything that's not explicitly "their job" is beneath them, like wiping up a minor spill with some paper towels even though they made the mess right next to a rack of store-use paper towels.  BACK IN MY DAY we had personal accountability and didn't call maintenance for our own spills unless they required actual maintenance tools like the mop cart or the floor scrubber.  then there's the manager who every day tells me to go pick up people's cardboard, and frequently also has me put it in the baler as well, even so that is explicitly their job and not mine.  because she seems to think i have an extra hour to kill when the stockers are falling behind in their work for some unknown reason that totally isn't related to them just farting around until the very last minute...  and yes, i've tried to tell them that doing cardboard puts me behind.  didn't go anywhere.  if i mention that i am running behind for any reason other than "because i'm a lazy asshole who doesn't do my job well and has no time management skills", i get shot down and told to be more adaptable and there's the implication that they're just looking for reasons to fire me so i better not say a damn word.  and if i thought bringing it to the store manager would do anything, i would, but not only has this manager been reported many times with no visible results, i don't have any direct evidence that this stuff is anything beyond the normal scope of "we needed some help and everyone has to do their part and then some when things get busy".  oh but they do have me on camera "ducking behind the aisles" and "spending an hour in the bathroom" (literally never happened but ok) and "shopping on the job" (aka exactly once i had an emergency and needed to get something i didn't have on hand, which took about five minutes but couldn't wait). 

and that's not to say we don't end up understaffed.  a lot of people call in or just don't show up because they don't like working for this manager and they don't give a shit about the job.  then those who do show up get stuck with double the workload, but again, don't you dare say anything because the ones who skimp on their work or skip out on it altogether are the ones who are friends with the manager.  as long as the good workers who show up every day can carry the load, and the manager can cover for those who don't, who cares??

soooooooo i don't think there's really anything i can do about being late every day and have just accepted that my new hours are 10-8 instead of 10-7.

Hit a deep pothole, and blew two tires yesterday. Took the damn tow truck 2 hours to get there... I blame it on the fact that my insurance called a flatbed truck when I had two good tires and could have used a regular truck. Got to Walmart tire, the only place still open, a half hour before they closed and they said they couldn't do anything because their busy... nevermind that when I swapped tires a half year ago it was about 5-10 min a tire on a manual tire machine and I just learned how to use it... I get that it's been a long shift and you want to go home at the end of it but damn. At least get me one new tire so I can go home. Luckily some furs I know were nearby and they picked me up. Had to call in to work that I couldn't come in, on the day I make the most money.

At least the tires were a good price.

On 2/2/2017 at 0:37 AM, WolfNightV4X1 said:

----- However, some of my younger sister's behavior I really didnt like, like as a toddler she would pick up my old dog, about 8-10 at the time, in the most uncomfortable way when she didnt want to be picked up,

When I was in my late teens or so, we'd go over to my aunt-in-law's grandparent's house. They had a young cat, the grandpa would swing his foot at the cat. And my youngest cousin, about 4 or so years old, would try to carry the cat around like children do, arms wrapped around the cat's midsection. Or yank on his tail or something. I would protect the cat. It got to the point where the cat figured out I was the only one protecting him, so if my cousin would harass it, he would run and hide behind me, or climb on my shoulder, or into my arms. That poor cat loved me to death. Then my cousin would cry, and my aunt would ask why, and she'd tell me to let the cousin play with the damn cat if it would shut her up.

I hate when people treat pets like they're damn toys. Pets are living creatures. THEY ARE NOT TOYS TO USE AND ABUSE AS YOU WISH.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Phoenixes always rise from the ashes after falling

Not if the ashes are scattered :-(  

We're just what's left of the once great fiery cock that was Phoenix'd. We're not even a cock anymore; we're a clitoris now  :C

Where have all our posting heroes gone? The ancient goodposters of lore have vanished and they took the heart of Peenix with them. Rapture has come and God has forsaken us.   DD:

I never even knew them, but I miss seeing their shitposts glitter like diamonds in coal. :-)

I hate to say it, but the happy days of sitting around the campfire and memeing dankly are gone. :/

I started as a troll. I just wanted to mess with people, but then something changed, something deep inside of me changed. I left the site, but I came back. Why did I return? The posts, stupid. Why else? I came back back to see the posts and the wonderful furries who made those posts. It was also because I got bored during my breaks at work and needed something to do, but that's irrelevant. This place always made me laugh :DD

We had the only community of furries that wasn't disgusting. We squandered our gift. May God have mercy on our souls. :-()

I hope this isn't the end... I sit up late at night hoping that all the people will come running back and that newbies will flood out site, but that hasn't happened. I'm starting to doubt that it ever will. :-{

I don't want to have to go outside and talk to normal people. I want to talk to furry strangers on the internet, not normies. Normal people are so boring. They don't even yiff. They'll never get my knot puns and prehensile clitoris maymays. They will look at Hux will cruel, judgemental eyes and call Hux a weirdo. :-((

I can't survive in the real world with all those normal people. They will tear Hux apart. I guess I'm going to have to go back to normal life again. A job, responsibilities, and my normal, boring real-life friends that suck and are boring. :.(

Plz come back Peenix. These are some bad feels. Wake up, Peenix. Plz wake up... You can't die... 

:SADFAEC: 

• Like 1

I just want to break down, I feel sick to my stomach, and tired, and I want to be productive, and I want everything to be okay but I know they won't sometimes

I just wish I could have @Mr. Sparta here with me

But I can't.

Not for a while anyway.

Maybe I'm just nervous about my exam tomorrow in Accounting. I didn't get to study much because I'm a stupid procrastinator.

Also when you wanna be friends with someone on the forums, but you don't know how to start a conversation because you two have very few things in common.

• Like 1

I missed a local indoor Renaissance festival because I blew two tires on a pothole Saturday. Took two hours for them to pick me up. Then found out the local tire store was closed. We drove to a Walmart that had a tire center. Even though they were closing in a half hour they could do nothing for me. So I had to have some fur friends pick me up. At least I got a day off from work because I had to call in, but on the busiest night when I make the most money. Could it have been on a Monday when there's nothing to do and I go home early? Also, the replacement tires were $160 for two, which is a nice deal.

25 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

I cant function like a normal human being. Im boring. Im apathetic, anxious, and avoidant.

I hate that despite how hard I work my shortcomings outweigh them. It gets really hard to try when the fact that youre trying goes completely unseen.

It will be okay.

• Like 1

Knowing that my course might overrun the set end date for it because the college engineering department keeps losing teachers left right and center. If this happens then everyone may automatically fail.

Even more annoying when I see in the other classrooms where people on the level 4 and 5 engineering courses that they have had no problem keeping staff on.

4 minutes ago, Lopaw said:

Knowing that my course might overrun the set end date for it because the college engineering department keeps losing teachers left right and center. If this happens then everyone may automatically fail.

Even more annoying when I see in the other classrooms where people on the level 4 and 5 engineering courses that they have had no problem keeping staff on.

D8 How does that happen? What's the problem with faculty retention?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

D8 How does that happen? What's the problem with faculty retention?

Its mostly due to there not being a lot of teachers knowing the engineering subjects needed for the course. The lower pay you get teaching engineering as opposed to working in the sector could also be putting people off.

My course has also had a spate of awful teachers who have found teaching such a course too hard or are too new in their career, I had a maths teacher who wanted a logarithm graph plotting without log paper and wanted other graphs doing both by hand AND on excel thereby turning a easy task into a hard one and making me do the same work twice.

He also saw nothing wrong with using a unprofessionally named Facebook group to put additional work on when the college has a dedicated secure facility for that.

The head of the department later told us after he had gone that the teacher had literally graduated university a month beforehand.

It also  takes some time for new staff to get up to speed with what needs to be covered and what has already been covered. 

• Like 1

Argh!

Okay, so...Im working full time right now and just started a certification program for school.

I actually like my job because hey its a full time job that pays decent with good benefits.

Thing is, lately my manager has gotten on my nerves. I try to be understanding and accommadating because managers are managers and their word is law.

It feels like she's picking on me lately though. I've always worked really, really hard for this company and genuinely care about my coworkers and its people even if I suck at showing it. Yesterday I got a verbal and written warning for some of my performances. A written for some silly nitpick like not using a cart which we dont have many of and moving a few items to shelves by hand instead of rolling an entire cart over. As upsetting as that is I'll gst over it because rules are rules and managers words are law, whatever.

Im also upset because apparently Im not friendly enough. Apparently I have to talk to every customer and smalltalk and see what they need. This especially got me really upset and flusterd...its not like I dont TRY to be friendly, apparently I dont try often or well enough. To me, this is just a direct blow to my face that I have a shitty personality and that for all my hard work and effort to try it means NOTHING! Because Im an asocial retard that cant say hi without getting butterflies. The fact that she picked on this part of my performance made me really upset...

To top it all off she said I should improve my performance because when I finish school she said "Guess who theyre going to call as reference?"...like, my performance here is a dangling bribe that can fuck up my entire career if something goes wrong and I fuck up, like she's making me go for hoops to get to the next stage in life.

And now that Im starting clinicals on February 20 (I informed her of this previously, knowing my schedule would change soon), I just got my official schedule yesterday and told her of this today February 9th, saying Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I would be working mornings elsewhere and could not work. She seemed really upset saying the schedule had already been planned, and that /I/ have to find cover for those two days Im scheduled working when I cant work. Am I being unreasonable or a dick? It seems like its fairly just about two weeks in advance, and Im not even sick. I guess as a manager she's finding it harder to find cover for store hours and being stretched thin, and I feel bad for causing trouble...but I need this job, and I need something past this job. Maybe it was a silly idealization thinking that my job would work well with my schedule, but really its gonna be a pain in the ass for everyone involved..

I just feel so frustrated lately with the way things are going. Im not even sure Im doing well in school, Im panicing and feeling like Im having some important things slip through the cracks and wondering if Im going to fail because of it like I always had before.

Even if I do manage to pass the required coursework, am I going to manage faking being a competant human being successfully in working?

1 hour ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Argh!

Okay, so...Im working full time right now and just started a certification program for school.

I actually like my job because hey its a full time job that pays decent with good benefits.

Thing is, lately my manager has gotten on my nerves. I try to be understanding and accommadating because managers are managers and their word is law.

It feels like she's picking on me lately though. I've always worked really, really hard for this company and genuinely care about my coworkers and its people even if I suck at showing it. Yesterday I got a verbal and written warning for some of my performances. A written for some silly nitpick like not using a cart which we dont have many of and moving a few items to shelves by hand instead of rolling an entire cart over. As upsetting as that is I'll gst over it because rules are rules and managers words are law, whatever.

Im also upset because apparently Im not friendly enough. Apparently I have to talk to every customer and smalltalk and see what they need. This especially got me really upset and flusterd...its not like I dont TRY to be friendly, apparently I dont try often or well enough. To me, this is just a direct blow to my face that I have a shitty personality and that for all my hard work and effort to try it means NOTHING! Because Im an asocial retard that cant say hi without getting butterflies. The fact that she picked on this part of my performance made me really upset...

To top it all off she said I should improve my performance because when I finish school she said "Guess who theyre going to call as reference?"...like, my performance here is a dangling bribe that can fuck up my entire career if something goes wrong and I fuck up, like she's making me go for hoops to get to the next stage in life.

And now that Im starting clinicals on February 20 (I informed her of this previously, knowing my schedule would change soon), I just got my official schedule yesterday and told her of this today February 9th, saying Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I would be working mornings elsewhere and could not work. She seemed really upset saying the schedule had already been planned, and that /I/ have to find cover for those two days Im scheduled working when I cant work. Am I being unreasonable or a dick? It seems like its fairly just about two weeks in advance, and Im not even sick. I guess as a manager she's finding it harder to find cover for store hours and being stretched thin, and I feel bad for causing trouble...but I need this job, and I need something past this job. Maybe it was a silly idealization thinking that my job would work well with my schedule, but really its gonna be a pain in the ass for everyone involved..

I just feel so frustrated lately with the way things are going. Im not even sure Im doing well in school, Im panicing and feeling like Im having some important things slip through the cracks and wondering if Im going to fail because of it like I always had before.

Even if I do manage to pass the required coursework, am I going to manage faking being a competant human being successfully in working?

Customer-facing positions can be very stressful. Nobody can be 'alway on'. That's where the fake smile stereotype comes in. Eventually you'll work out little small-talk scripts to run through with customers to fake interest enough to get the job done and look the way the manager wants. Faking that is something everybody does. Even the most bubbly social people need to frim time to time. Keep at it!

1 hour ago, DrGravitas said:

Customer-facing positions can be very stressful. Nobody can be 'alway on'. That's where the fake smile stereotype comes in. Eventually you'll work out little small-talk scripts to run through with customers to fake interest enough to get the job done and look the way the manager wants. Faking that is something everybody does. Even the most bubbly social people need to frim time to time. Keep at it!

Yeah, I understand, but thats the thing its not like I dont care Im bad at approaching people and verbalizing words :/ Im more likely to fuck up and make an ass out of myself or offend a person. 

That said, a random man came in one day, asked me how I was, for once I decided to take it a step further and talk about school. He seemed genuinely interested and said I have a good personality and would do well in the medical field...which, was totally a fluke and kind of shocking, but he was a nice man to say that even if Im not sure its true.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Yeah, I understand, but thats the thing its not like I dont care Im bad at approaching people and verbalizing words :/ Im more likely to fuck up and make an ass out of myself or offend a person. 

That said, a random man came in one day, asked me how I was, for once I decided to take it a step further and talk about school. He seemed genuinely interested and said I have a good personality and would do well in the medical field...which, was totally a fluke and kind of shocking, but he was a nice man to say that even if Im not sure its true.

Unless they're telling you your going to be fired if you screw up again, it's just not worth worrying about screw-ups with that kind of job. Yeah, you'll do it ffrom time-to-time and yeah, you'll get talked to about it. But, they're just words. It's far worse to suffer the fear of it as it'll hold you back and mske your performance suffer. The managers yell (or if they're good, just talk to you about it)  because that's the only tool the have for corrective action. It csn be hard not to dwell on it but just keep reminding yourself they're only words.

Cool to hear the customer thought you'd be good for medical! I bet he's right, you know. Did you ever end up finding anything more on that veterinary technician stuff?

14 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

The only faking I do on the job is faking not wanting to punch some of the customers in the face. 

I will be so glad once I get a job where I don't have to deal with customers.

• Like 2

Sometimes I'm scarily adventurous. Other times I'm a complete fucking wuss

Tonight I was planning on heading to an alt music night with someone at the Student Union
So I was all like "Yeah! I'm gonna have some alcohol and meet him over there for a damn good time"
The guy pulls out, so I'm instead spending the night alone, boozed up, leaning over my keyboard and lamenting instead of just going by myself like most rational people

Happy Valentine's, y'all

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

Sometimes I'm scarily adventurous. Other times I'm a complete fucking wuss

Tonight I was planning on heading to an alt music night with someone at the Student Union
So I was all like "Yeah! I'm gonna have some alcohol and meet him over there for a damn good time"
The guy pulls out, so I'm instead spending the night alone, boozed up, leaning over my keyboard and lamenting instead of just going by myself like most rational people

Happy Valentine's, y'all

I have the same problem sometimes, where I'll use something going wrong as an excuse to give up on doing something a bit outside my comfort zone. That kind of rationalizing a choice can be very difficult to combat. Don't beat yourself up over it. If it's not too late, sometimes for me it works to be very strict and just keep angrily telling myself I am going to do each little step until I finally make it to whatever I'm trying to do. I try to let mad determination override whatever reluctant feelings maybe preventing my action. Not always effective, but that (and running my face through a cold shower, for some reason) seem to jar me enough to get some things done. If it is too late, well, try again next time. Happy Valentine's Day to you too :\

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

I have the same problem sometimes, where I'll use something going wrong as an excuse to give up on doing something a bit outside my comfort zone. That kind of rationalizing a choice can be very difficult to combat. Don't beat yourself up over it. If it's not too late, sometimes for me it works to be very strict and just keep angrily telling myself I am going to do each little step until I finally make it to whatever I'm trying to do. I try to let mad determination override whatever reluctant feelings maybe preventing my action. Not always effective, but that (and running my face through a cold shower, for some reason) seem to jar me enough to get some things done. If it is too late, well, try again next time. Happy Valentine's Day to you too :\

I tend to live by a rule: Live for the experience

When I do, I end up having some of the greatest times of my life

Sometimes, however, I'm too tired to bother
This is one of those times
Whoops

• Like 2

I hate that I've not been able to write consistently, or that I have (many) low periods where I can't rally to find the time/energy to focus. Or, sometimes, even enough 'space'. But having gone through a rough patch, I've decided to start working on writing poetry again, which is what I seem best at, even if it's not something many people read. And so I have three ideas/rough drafts on hand, that I've started: Ducks (on the cemetery pond), Earthworms, and Blood on the Snow: Most of these are variations of my 'animal' series, though stretch the use of them as metaphors in various ways.

The next step is to go back over everything,and then, try submitting things to various journals, with the hopes of getting into someplace 'respectable'; I have a small list handy of journals that seem receptive to my sort of 'style', and something like The Antioch Review or Ploughshares would be amazing---not because it pays much (it doesn't, maybe $50, if), but because of the sense of recognition and accomplishment, and the way it might help me feel less isolated.  It's weird: I hate being, sometimes, at least, this moody, contemplative sort who is also very much the extrovert: I don't just want to sit around and write poems like Emily Dickinson and leave them hidden in the attic, I want to us them as means of communication, of connection, of reaching out. Well, and so goes an effort in that direction. But I hate the self-doubt that has so often held me back.

@DrDingo-I hear ya. It's a quiet weekend here, as well...had some plans to meet a friend and go out, but they fell through. Now I'm trying to just steady myself...sometimes, people can be a drag.

• Like 1

It's not as so much as a hate as a bother?

I dunno, something about stereotypical, sex-oriented, flamey gay guys really bugs me like...
It makes me think that this is why people had negative connotations about gay guys and people still do it and it bugs me. Especially if they have some of that SJW mixed in their personality as well (like joking/complaining/whatever about whites and straight guys)

But I shouldn't talk about how other people should live their life I guess