Things that you hate! v2

Sar

10 hours ago, Vae said:

Love the character, but
AGH. YES.

The Pillar Men had so much more interesting fights and conclusions than he did. (Except for ACDC but who cares.)
So disappointing.

Already didn't like him when he first showed up. Then they spend so much time building him up, alluding to him, and making him seem like someone that's really going to be this "oh shit..." character. And then he was really just as basic as the rest of the cast. Fucking boring ass stand too.

People constantly thinking I'm sad or having deep tormented thoughts.. 

"What's wrong? You're too quiet."  or if I'm in a car "You've been staring out the window the whole time. Wanna talk about it?" Nothing is ever really wrong. I'm just naturally kind of broody looking so people keep wanting to comfort me. But srsly, babe, 9/10 I'm just thinking of dumb shit like why my little sister named her doll "Baby Parraxis" wtf even is a Parraxis....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

The way how on these newer cans that have a tab to open them (instead of needing a can opener) that stuff gets stuck on the lip of the can, especially Chef Boyardee min ravioli. A serious design/packaging flaw!

Half the time I end up pulling the tab off of the can and having to use the can opener anyway.

5 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

Half the time I end up pulling the tab off of the can and having to use the can opener anyway.

Protip: Push the tab all way up until creates a hole in the lid seal,
and the peel it back slowly from that hole.

I very, very rarely ever need a can opener, unless the tab is just being exceptionally shitty that day.

• Like 2

I think it's weird how online Brits I interact with seem to have this pastime/hobby/fetish of crying about trivial stuff Americans do and enjoy. Not even actually important or truly detrimental things like Trump being in office or police brutality.
Petty, inconsequential shit like "why do you yanks write the date like that?" "What is with Americans saying X word like this?" "You Americans like your tea cold? wtf even is that?" "THEY'RE CHIPS NOT FRIES!!!!" Things that don't affect anyone. lol

Even people who I'm supposed to be cool with will come out of nowhere crying to me about something "we do" like I'm some sort of punching bag with a bald eagle on it. :l
"Why do you Americans always have to do X? I don't get it." Without fail, it's something irrelevant like saying "zee" instead of "zed". 
Heaven forbid if I bring up food or music around them. I won't hear the end of it. 

You could find so much other stuff to complain about that would actually make for good conversation. No. My tea has ice in it. Truly an inhumane offense. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Red Lion said:

Half the time the damn thing explodes open and some of it goes all over.... which is why I open them over the sink.

2 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

I think it's weird how online Brits I interact with seem to have this pastime/hobby/fetish of crying about trivial stuff Americans do and enjoy.

I always thought it was just good natured ribbing and teasing, and not serious. But if they're seriously pissed about this, I don't know what to say. Except I hate how they call fries "chips" and put the letter "u" as the second to last letter in half the words. (and I don't really hate it, i just think it's silly)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

I think it's weird how online Brits I interact with seem to have this pastime/hobby/fetish of crying about trivial stuff Americans do and enjoy. Not even actually important or truly detrimental things like Trump being in office or police brutality.
Petty, inconsequential shit like "why do you yanks write the date like that?" "What is with Americans saying X word like this?" "You Americans like your tea cold? wtf even is that?" "THEY'RE CHIPS NOT FRIES!!!!" Things that don't affect anyone. lol

Even people who I'm supposed to be cool with will come out of nowhere crying to me about something "we do" like I'm some sort of punching bag with a bald eagle on it. :l
"Why do you Americans always have to do X? I don't get it." Without fail, it's something irrelevant like saying "zee" instead of "zed". 
Heaven forbid if I bring up food or music around them. I won't hear the end of it. 

You could find so much other stuff to complain about that would actually make for good conversation. No. My tea has ice in it. Truly an inhumane offense. 

I had this one Brit friend who took the opportunity to step on American Marching Bands (a-la HS and College show bands/DCI) and Colorguard/Winterguard. If it was anything else I wouldn't have minded, and most Brits I talk to are curious about it, but he put it down whenever I brought it up, and it's one of my passions.

5 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

I always thought it was just good natured ribbing and teasing, and not serious. But if they're seriously pissed about this, I don't know what to say. Except I hate how they call fries "chips" and put the letter "u" as the second to last letter in half the words. (and I don't really hate it, i just think it's silly)

They always seem wholly serious about it. Maybe just in general they are, but the ones I talk to, they're not joking. They actually take issue with shit like that.

5 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

It's just salt over losing the war.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

Oh my god TsuuJou we definitely wouldn't type comments like this in England.

*uses a crumpet to mop up the tea he has spilled while scoffing at Americans*

Ha 'Zee' what poppycock! :V

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Oh my god TsuuJou we definitely wouldn't type comments like this in England.

*uses a crumpet to mop up the tea he has spilled while scoffing at Americans*

Ha 'Zee' what poppycock! :V

They get mad at Americans when they say "fam". Because (and this is 100% documented and proven in your history books for certain) it came from the UK first. But we "sound stupid" when we say it. Not for any real reason of course. We're not using it wrong at all. Just because WE'RE using it. lol

I wish my life was that perfect that I could whine about basic slang someone in another continent is using among their friends in that other continent.

15 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

They get mad at Americans when they say "fam". Because (and this is 100% documented and proven in your history books for certain) it came from the UK first. But we "sound stupid" when we say it. Not for any real reason of course. We're not using it wrong at all. Just because WE'RE using it. lol

I wish my life was that perfect that I could whine about basic slang someone in another continent is using among their friends in that other continent.

If British people were going to brag about inventions that the UK purportedly came up with before America, you'd think they would brag about important things instead of text abbreviations.

15 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Jokes on you, I've been maining Steve since 2012. I haven't played proper Tekken in a while though so I'm wondering why I'm all the sudden thinking about him again.

Because it's time you played Rivals of Aether. That's why. Forget Tekken, girl. :y

So the past few days my friend has been really sick and tomorrow we were planning on going to see After the Burial. I have been helping cover his shifts (he works at the same theater as me), but he is in really terrible shape. I am unsure as to whether or not he will be in concert worthy shape tomorrow.

The new ideology that if anybody is even slightly conservative that means they're evil. I really dislike it for a lot of reasons, but the main reason is because a lot of media nowadays is very liberal and it tends to appeal more to people my age and (because teenagers are kind of stupid) they end up believing that the other side is "bad". There's no such thing as a "bad" opinion. There's opinions you may not like, but that doesn't mean that person's opinion doesn't matter or is evil. inb4 someone calls me alt-right or some shit.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

The new ideology that if anybody is even slightly conservative that means they're evil. I really dislike it for a lot of reasons, but the main reason is because a lot of media nowadays is very liberal and it tends to appeal more to people my age and (because teenagers are kind of stupid) they end up believing that the other side is "bad". There's no such thing as a "bad" opinion. There's opinions you may not like, but that doesn't mean that person's opinion doesn't matter or is evil. inb4 someone calls me alt-right or some shit.

I can't agree that there's no such thing as a bad opinion, because I can think of examples which are; like the opinion that vaccinations cause autism and should be avoided, or that throwing a brick through a starbuck's window is a coherent form of protest.

Bad opinions aren't limited to just one political faction though, and not everybody in a political faction will necessarily hold them, so you do have a good point that we ought to refrain from judging people as guilty by association.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I can't agree that there's no such thing as a bad opinion, because I can think of examples which are; like the opinion that vaccinations cause autism and should be avoided, or that throwing a brick through a starbuck's window is a coherent form of protest.

How about changing it to 'No such thing as a bad opinion, provided that it is based upon reason and evidence'?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Faust said:

How about changing it to 'No such thing as a bad opinion, provided that it is based upon reason and evidence'?

Hmmm, that's good. I thought about it and I think the most general statement I can come up with is that 'evidence can be used to assess the merit of an opinion,'.

For some opinions that are not based on any evidence will still not be 'bad' opinions, because no evidence exists or can exist to assess them by, such as 'Grapefruits taste better than Avocados,'. (forgive the shitty example)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Saxon said:

For some opinions that are not based on any evidence will still not be 'bad' opinions, because no evidence exists or can exist to assess them by, such as 'Grapefruits taste better than Avocados,'. (forgive the shitty example)

Well, 'bad' isn't a useful description in any case because it is dependent upon context - bad for what? In this case, "Grapefruits taste better than Avocados" is a subjective opinion; it's true for the person expressing it, but not necessarily for other people. By comparison the 'bricking Starbucks' example is based upon logical fallacy; punishing Starbucks will not in some way solve any problems or even necessarily punish the people that the brick chucker is angry with, it is purely a cathartic action intended to alleviate stress in a circumstance where the actual source of the anger is beyond reproach.

• Like 2