Things that you hate! v2

Sar

On 2/23/2017 at 6:20 PM, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

The new ideology that if anybody is even slightly conservative that means they're evil. I really dislike it for a lot of reasons, but the main reason is because a lot of media nowadays is very liberal and it tends to appeal more to people my age and (because teenagers are kind of stupid) they end up believing that the other side is "bad". There's no such thing as a "bad" opinion. There's opinions you may not like, but that doesn't mean that person's opinion doesn't matter or is evil. inb4 someone calls me alt-right or some shit.

I don't know what side you're coming from with this, but even though I see way too many young people on the left acting as if the right is a bunch of nazis (and utterly destroying the godwin law), I hear this all the time from conservative talk as well. They spend most of their time finding articles that paint the left as insane, usually from rather biased right wing click bait or tabloid-ish news and fake news sites. Like "Hey look at what we found, isn't the left insane?!" Selective bias, perhaps. Or is that confirmation bias. I don't know the right term. If someone calls who's on the right but they disagree with, they politely correct them. If someone on the left calls, that person usually is bad at arguing (or is shouted over or hung up on), and that person automatically represents the entire left despite being one person: "See, they like the entire left is stupid."

It's the one thing that's really grinding my gears about political argument nowadays.

People who escelate their hobby to the sum of there entire identity.....this doesn't mean have one you're especially passionate for. We all need direction towards something. Buuuuut its far more interesting and stimulating when the person is skilled and pursues many interests.

4 hours ago, Saxon said:

You should see your doctor (if you haven't already got a diagnosis)

oh, i did that years ago.  but a month and a half goes by without my medicine due to some bs where i have to schedule a doctor visit and wait for them to work out my refill, and in the meantime i'm left exposed to the elements all vulnerable and EVIL THINGS COME FLYING AT ME FROM ALL SIDES like being sick and being stressed to the point of having to get yet another prescription to combat the physical effects of it

long story short my body is sensitive and dumb

How the guardian is rapidly increasing the amount of clickbait with inflammatory words in the titles like "fight back" and "resistance", trying more or less to incite a riot.

I have seen the word resistance crop up more times there than I have in any of my electrical engineering coursework.

• Like 2

So, in the medical field, there's this thing called "lung butter".  It's thick, nasty mucus that patients with tracheotomies have to deal with, and it's the worst thing ever.  Luckily most patients I encounter who have buttery lungs are on a ventilator, so I don't have to deal with it too much except when it needs suctioned out.  Imagine, if you will, the sound of someone trying to suck out the last few drops of a particularly thick milkshake through a straw.  That's the sound this shit makes.  Very few things gross me out anymore, and lung butter is definitely one of them.

• Like 2

I hate feeling useless and/or in the way. I've been in...three? situations like that. It sucks.

I want to learn and I want to help, but the opportunity I have isnt reliable and Im just standing around doing nothing wondering why I dont just go home and not bother if nobody wants my help (its even more confusing when they supposedly DO want help, and then just...dont provide any guidance).

Im just hoping I get out soon and move on and find somewhere I actually do belong

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

I hate feeling useless and/or in the way. I've been in...three? situations like that. It sucks.

I want to learn and I want to help, but the opportunity I have isnt reliable and Im just standing around doing nothing wondering why I dont just go home and not bother if nobody wants my help (its even more confusing when they supposedly DO want help, and then just...dont provide any guidance).

Im just hoping I get out soon and move on and find somewhere I actually do belong

Ahhh, I understand this all too well. I put in time on the weekends, only to find myself standing around anxiously waiting for something to do. I have to wonder sometimes if I just lack initiative, especially when everyone else is "subtly" trying to coerce me into staying longer as if there's something important I'm supposed to be doing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pothocket said:

Ahhh, I understand this all too well. I put in time on the weekends, only to find myself standing around anxiously waiting for something to do. I have to wonder sometimes if I just lack initiative, especially when everyone else is "subtly" trying to coerce me into staying longer as if there's something important I'm supposed to be doing.

Right? Like I thought maybe if I show initiative and push it'll help, but it just seems like Im aggravating people not waiting for instruction and jumping in too soon, so now Im trying to stand back a little. People are so confusing >.<

And if its a job? Why are you paying me to sit around? I mean thanks but I dont want to be fired because you did jack shit to help me

• Like 2

Having my childhood thrown out the fucking window, with family members dying, constant celebrity deaths of people that I grew up with, or just everything not being the same anymore, like things are changing for the worst, and I'm witnessing the people around me breaking apart, including myself, and I feel like it just keeps getting worse with no end.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pothocket said:

Right? Like I thought maybe if I show initiative and push it'll help, but it just seems like Im aggravating people not waiting for instruction and jumping in too soon, so now Im trying to stand back a little. People are so confusing >.<

And if its a job? Why are you paying me to sit around? I mean thanks but I dont want to be fired because you did jack shit to help me

In the beginning of my time with The Company (after about 3 months on a project that ultimately fell through) I spent 9 months locked in a small room with 3 other people while we were told "work is coming, sit tight". We couldn't even provision software to try and learn the stuff we were supposedly going to start working on (I was Java trained, but they needed bodies for the C# side so I was placed in that).

It's horrifying, feeling so helpless and it really grinds on your mind; you start to question whether you've done something wrong, or maybe you're not really worth it. Increasingly feeling like one day they're just going to up and let you go.

But, my situation worked out in the end and I went on to 6+ years since with actual project work. I'm sure it'll work out for you too.

• Like 2

Mystery back pain. So annoying. If I was lifting heavy objects, or something along those lines, I'd have a better idea of the cause. All I did over the weekend was draw and read. Maybe my chair is the problem? Oh well, at least it isn't chronic. Hopefully, I'll feel better in the morning.

It's 10:47 PM. I initially went to bed and tried to sleep at 8:30. My dad will not shut the hell up while playing video games. He screams at the TV every 10 seconds because he is the worst player ever and messes up constantly. I cannot sleep and the last 2 hours of just waiting in uncomfortable positions makes me want to throw a brick at him.

At this rate I might as well get up and forget sleeping altogether for the night.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Glowing Glass said:

It's 10:47 PM. I initially went to bed and tried to sleep at 8:30. My dad will not shut the hell up while playing video games. He screams at the TV every 10 seconds because he is the worst player ever and messes up constantly. I cannot sleep and the last 2 hours of just waiting in uncomfortable positions makes me want to throw a brick at him.

At this rate I might as well get up and forget sleeping altogether for the night.

This is somethign that drives me insane, I don't mind people making noise but when they do please minimize it. Sorry to hear it though dude, I hope you ended up getting some sleep.

• Like 1

Im dangerously close to failure...I dont know why I cant do things right, Im trying my hardest and yet Im just not good enough for people, it seems as if people dont like me they just tolerate me and nitpick about things. If it turns out I do fail that would just break me.

...also Im dangerously masochistic becauseIve picked up on arguing with youtube commenters again. Why do I hate myself?

Im dangerously close to failure...I dont know why I cant do things right, Im trying my hardest and yet Im just not good enough for people, it seems as if people dont like me they just tolerate me and nitpick about things. If it turns out I do fail that would just break me.

...also Im dangerously masochistic becauseIve picked up on arguing with youtube commenters again. Why do I hate myself?

Don't fear failure. If you don't hit the bottom sometimes, you'll never grow or rise above. 

I wish I could give you more advice than that. Just hold on for the ride. Have confidence in who you are. Don't give up. 

You might be fine anyway :v

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Im dangerously close to failure...

Keep in mind that you aren't on trial. You can fail a thousand times and still come back.

If people keep nitpicking, maybe you can ask them to show you how to do whatever it is? That at the least shows them you care about it.

17 hours ago, Glowing Glass said:

did you mean:

My roommate at 4AM?

• Like 1

On 2/26/2017 at 11:03 PM, Cap'n Crosseye said:

So, in the medical field, there's this thing called "lung butter".  It's thick, nasty mucus that patients with tracheotomies have to deal with, and it's the worst thing ever.  Luckily most patients I encounter who have buttery lungs are on a ventilator, so I don't have to deal with it too much except when it needs suctioned out.  Imagine, if you will, the sound of someone trying to suck out the last few drops of a particularly thick milkshake through a straw.  That's the sound this shit makes.  Very few things gross me out anymore, and lung butter is definitely one of them.

So, this is nothing like buttery thighs?

Personally, I dislike my incredibly suspicious, often hyperbolic and completely nuts, anxious mind.

Like, logically my friends are most certainly not, y'know, plotting to screw me over or shun me or something.

But, I am never able to discount the little voice in the back of my head.

Possibly because you can't discount something no one would purchase.

On 2/26/2017 at 11:32 PM, GarthTheWereWolf said:

Duuuuude. I fully sympathize with you ;[

I can deal with patient blood, piss, and shit all fuggin day n doesn't bother me. But mucous and lung secretions are quite simply the foulest things ever.

Strong stomachs.

I can't handle anyone's bodily fluid. I see a pile of vomit or the runs and I'm about to fucking puke myself all over the walls. I literally cannot handle it. I can't imagine working in patient care or a hospital.

5 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Strong stomachs.

I can't handle anyone's bodily fluid. I see a pile of vomit or the runs and I'm about to fucking puke myself all over the walls. I literally cannot handle it. I can't imagine working in patient care or a hospital.

I sympathize. I get a whiff of vomit anywhere and that'll be all it takes before I puke. 

3 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Flip Flops.

This aberrant weather has certain people wearing these horrible things already...one of the evils of global warming will be more flip-flops.

The only issue with flip flops is that your feet can get cold, but this is solved by wearing socks.

8 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Also, broken glass and discarded syringes. US cities demand tough foot-ware!

I had a piece of wood the size of my pinky stuck in the side of my flip-flop once.

On topic, one of my non-furry friends gets to go to Furry Fiesta because she's part of a study group for her psych class.
For free.
Call me fucking Vegemite (i think) because I'm fucking salty and jelly. The closest con to me and I can't even go because it's two hours away and I'm completely poor. ugh

8 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

On topic, one of my non-furry friends gets to go to Furry Fiesta because she's part of a study group for her psych class.
For free.
Call me fucking Vegemite (i think) because I'm fucking salty and jelly. The closest con to me and I can't even go because it's two hours away and I'm completely poor. ugh

Well...what better way to study psychology is there than to observe furries in their natural habitat?

On 27/02/2017 at 2:32 PM, GarthTheWereWolf said:

Duuuuude. I fully sympathize with you ;[

I can deal with patient blood, piss, and shit all fuggin day n doesn't bother me. But mucous and lung secretions are quite simply the foulest things ever.

I'm acutally kinda curious now, what do you do garth?

Also, on the topic of blood, piss, shit and lung butter. I have to look forward to this in my first round of nursing placement this year. It'll be in aged care which I'm told is the worst one... EEEEK. So expect many "Thing you hate! v2" posts about it :v

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Well...what better way to study psychology is there than to observe furries in their natural habitat?

She's not a furry, she's actually kind of scared of them after one with no sense of personal space hugged her randomly when she was walking home when she was younger. But she's excited to go to this one (maybe because she'll be spending her 21st there).

She's there either with or observing Dr. Nuka speak about furry psychology, and as someone interested in both furries and psychology, I want to go god damn it.