Things that you hate! v2

Sar

Just now, Revates said:

I'm acutally kinda curious now, what do you do garth?

Also, on the topic of blood, piss, shit and lung butter. I have to look forward to this in my first round of nursing placement this year. It'll be in aged care which I'm told is the worst one... EEEEK. So expect many "Thing you hate! v2" posts about it :v

I'm a nurse.

Work in maximum security forensic mental hospital.

And yea. The elderly care portion is by and far the worst and most traumatic. I have nightmares from time to time from some of the things I've seen during that ;þ They put the worst section first to haze out the people that aren't serious about the medical field though. It gets easier after that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

I'm a nurse.

Work in maximum security forensic mental hospital.

And yea. The elderly care portion is by and far the worst and most traumatic. I have nightmares from time to time from some of the things I've seen during that ;þ They put the worst section first to haze out the people that aren't serious about the medical field though. It gets easier after that.

It's good to see other guys in nursing, I imagine your specific line of work in that case would both be interesting and challenging. x3

But yah, I've been told that a lot of people drop outta nursing around the aged care period and it'll weed people out. I'm determined to make it through the trauma, although with a fear of the elderly.

There's nothing like finally having a decent amount of money in the bank and then getting hit with car repairs and hospital bills from visits long past. Two very big expenses in the same day and now I am back where I started. FUCK! FUCK USED CAR LOTS THAT CHEAP OUT ON REPAIRS TO WHERE SHIT BREAKS EARLIER THAN IT SHOULD! FUCK CLEVELAND CLINIC FOR CONTINUOUSLY ASKING FOR LARGE SUMS OF MONEY EVEN THOUGH I STOPPED GOING BACK IN NOVEMBER AND I KEEP PAYING MY DEBTS!

I was at a comfortable point to where I could handle my daily expenses and still have money for the future, and I wanted to increase the buffer in my checking account. The car repairs would have set my checking back a few pay cycles, but my savings would have been largely unaffected which is good. But Cleveland Clinic asking for nearly $500 that insurance refuses to pay and waiting so long to bill me is pretty much kicking me while I am down. Now I need to dip into my savings account to cover such expenses, which I hate doing.

TL:DR Car repairs and medical bills stole all my money.

Just now, Revates said:

It's good to see other guys in nursing, I imagine your specific line of work in that case would both be interesting and challenging. x3

But yah, I've been told that a lot of people drop outta nursing around the aged care period and it'll weed people out. I'm determined to make it through the trauma, although with a fear of the elderly.

My advice to you is to befriend the CNAs. I managed to make it through with minimal bathroom incidents through shmoozing the gaggle of Hispanic CNA women working in the long term care facility.

"Oh, your patient needs to use the bedpan/a change of brief? Let me take care of that for you sweety. Have you seen the pictures of my daughters yet?" Is a good survival technique. Also if they let you choose your patient, pick the one that can ambulate on their own.

Be prepared for the elderly to drop on you at all times while walking them... Because they will. Probably while your nursing instructor is watching you. Keep that hand on the seat of their pants ;þ

And don't be afraid of them <; if you don't know what to talk about with the old just ask them about their family or their past. They're full of stories.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

My advice to you is to befriend the CNAs. I managed to make it through with minimal bathroom incidents through shmoozing the gaggle of Hispanic CNA women working in the long term care facility.

"Oh, your patient needs to use the bedpan/a change of brief? Let me take care of that for you sweety. Have you seen the pictures of my daughters yet?" Is a good survival technique. Also if they let you choose your patient, pick the one that can ambulate on their own.

Be prepared for the elderly to drop on you at all times while walking them... Because they will. Probably while your nursing instructor is watching you. Keep that hand on the seat of their pants ;þ

And don't be afraid of them <; if you don't know what to talk about with the old just ask them about their family or their past. They're full of stories.

This is honestly some of the most helpful advice I've heard, thank you. I'm definitely going to be trying to make as many friends as possible in the nursing field especially since that'll mean a lot more support and, that's also a good tip since I imagine it'll be a lot less intensive aha.

I think that's the big one right? Always keeping an eye on them and making sure they're doing okay. Thanks Garth!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

Oh jeez, how bad? Are they the most senile and have alzheimers, not to mention being close to death?

28 minutes ago, vexi fox said:

okayyy i dont know if your joking or being overly high strong. but ima take it as a joke

Oh, my dear boy..

This is Phoenix; if you're not shitposting, you're not playing the game how it's meant to be played

• Like 5

1 hour ago, vexi fox said:

okayyy i dont know if your joking or being overly high strong. but ima take it as a joke

Love and toleration is an MLP trope in the fandumb, so if someone is being rude or hateful, well...you know. Its sarcastic satire. I do also happen to like MLP a bit so I was being melodramatic 

7 minutes ago, vexi fox said:

americans who think australians ride kangaroos to school and think we get chased home by giant red back spiders that eat fellow foxes people. and yes i have met people who think that...

Wait you mean you don't ride kangaroos all over the place? Well damn and here I thought you even had to go find a kangaroo and fight it in order for it to become your bitch.

• Like 3

the way people refuse to respect or acknowledge the fact that i actually have to sleep during the day because of my job.  the way my job just doesn't matter to certain individuals because it happens at nighttime.  the fact that people who just saw someone at their own house feel the need to come to this one in the middle of the daytime, when i'm the only one here to let them in, so they can wait and surprise said person who was already just at their house YOU COULD HAVE GIVEN HER THE PRESENT WHILE SHE WAS THERE IT'S JUST A FUCKING GIFT CARD IT DOESN'T REQUIRE YOU TO LAY IN WAIT LIKE A GODDAMN TRAPDOOR FUCKING SPIDER

i hate my family i hate my job i hate my life :'^D

• Like 1

So you guys have probably heard me bitch about my online class on the discord chat, if you're there. I just chucked my book across the table in frustration because how stupid this online shit is.

Let me explain. The entire class is on the book's website, which requires a code (hence why I had to buy a brand-new book with code). Not on Blackboard, because my teacher sucks.

There's a simulator for the practice and quizzes that simulates the software we use for class. The simulator is extremely anal about how it grades what you do. You have to do EXACTLY the precise steps or it says you're wrong. Here are three examples that actually happened to me.

One time, the simulator told me to close a window. Instinctively, I clicked on the window's tab, right clicked, Close window. WRONG. You could also go to file-close window, also WRONG. The simulator had wanted me to click the x button at the top right to close the window. Ignoring it's one of those X buttons that is either hard to see or only appears if your mouse is near it.

Another time, I had to delete an entire column in a table form. I right clicked the column header, and in the right-click menu there was an option "Delete column". WRONG. Turns out the simulator expected me to press a button on the tool bar, go through some menus and forms, just to delete the column, even though my way was faster.

Sometimes, in order to do or create something, the simulator expects you to do A B C D, each letter being opening a form or wizard, or selecting a menu item, or changing view, or whatever. Say I'm on B, and I'm having trouble finding the thing I need to do B with. I'm looking through menus, checking different tool bars, and I finally find it. So I do the rest of the steps, and WRONG. Turns out because I didn't do exactly A B C D, and went on a adventure looking for B, it borked the simulator.

I blame the book publisher for making a shitty program, and my teacher for being a lazy ass cuck shiteater who can't just have us do assignments and send them to him for him to grade which is supposed to be HIS JOB.

31 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

So you guys have probably heard me bitch about my online class on the discord chat, if you're there. I just chucked my book across the table in frustration because how stupid this online shit is.

Let me explain. The entire class is on the book's website, which requires a code (hence why I had to buy a brand-new book with code). Not on Blackboard, because my teacher sucks.

There's a simulator for the practice and quizzes that simulates the software we use for class. The simulator is extremely anal about how it grades what you do. You have to do EXACTLY the precise steps or it says you're wrong. Here are three examples that actually happened to me.

One time, the simulator told me to close a window. Instinctively, I clicked on the window's tab, right clicked, Close window. WRONG. You could also go to file-close window, also WRONG. The simulator had wanted me to click the x button at the top right to close the window. Ignoring it's one of those X buttons that is either hard to see or only appears if your mouse is near it.

Another time, I had to delete an entire column in a table form. I right clicked the column header, and in the right-click menu there was an option "Delete column". WRONG. Turns out the simulator expected me to press a button on the tool bar, go through some menus and forms, just to delete the column, even though my way was faster.

Sometimes, in order to do or create something, the simulator expects you to do A B C D, each letter being opening a form or wizard, or selecting a menu item, or changing view, or whatever. Say I'm on B, and I'm having trouble finding the thing I need to do B with. I'm looking through menus, checking different tool bars, and I finally find it. So I do the rest of the steps, and WRONG. Turns out because I didn't do exactly A B C D, and went on a adventure looking for B, it borked the simulator.

I blame the book publisher for making a shitty program, and my teacher for being a lazy ass cuck shiteater who can't just have us do assignments and send them to him for him to grade which is supposed to be HIS JOB.

Sounds like you're taking an Excel class or something like it. 

Yes, it's a pain, but that's probably the easiest way to teach somebody how to use it. The professor is just there to make sure your logic is sound as it will be very important when you go into Access.

I have a friend that's taking this and laugh at her every time she complains about it. Just push through the class and do what it as. Try not to make mistakes on quizzes and projects - feel free to make as many mistakes as you want during training.

1 hour ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Man, I'm kinda sad. My old favorite Subreddit, /r/starterpacks, has turned into yet another political warground. All the posts there nowadays are mocking the right, and if you post a post mocking the left they get mad. I want unique starterpacks, not this stupid political shit.

almost everything is politics, sadly

• Like 1

Cute, 2 days later and my phone is still not active. Tried tech support chat, and when I explained I was getting an error message saying that my number was inactive or invalid, they must have assumed I was dialing the wrong number, not that every number I dialed said that my account was inactive.

So, now I'm going to have to get on their tech support number using ANOTHER PHONE and scream at them. I'll even hold my fucking cell phone up to the other phone and let them listen to the "your account is not active" message. Fuckers. Fix my fucking phone.

17 hours ago, Silo said:

Sounds like you're taking an Excel class or something like it. 

Yes, it's a pain, but that's probably the easiest way to teach somebody how to use it. The professor is just there to make sure your logic is sound as it will be very important when you go into Access.

I have a friend that's taking this and laugh at her every time she complains about it. Just push through the class and do what it as. Try not to make mistakes on quizzes and projects - feel free to make as many mistakes as you want during training.

I'm taking an Access class.

And it has nothing to do with that. There is an online simulator (on the book's website). It will give you instructions, do this, change that. If you don't do it precisely it balks. This kinda makes sense, it's a program evaluating you, not a human, so it looks for exact results. However, if what it's asking you to do requires multiple steps, like clicking multiple menu items or going through several dialog boxes, if you sidetrack it freezes up. For instance, I was looking for a specific thing and forgotten what menu it was under. So I went searching for it. Finally found it after checking a few spots. The simulator froze up on me even though I did exactly what it wanted of me because I had been poking around in other places. The funny thing was, when it decided to hold my hand and show me how to do it, it did EXACTLY what I did minus the searching for the right menu item.

Plus, the simulator IS the training. There's training, and then assignments also on the simulator. Any "projects" are where you download a database and modify it on your own computer, which goes completely smoothly and I get +90%. Quizzes are multiple choice questions, and I also get +90%. It's the simulator that's the problem, not anything else.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Man, I'm kinda sad. My old favorite Subreddit, /r/starterpacks, has turned into yet another political warground. All the posts there nowadays are mocking the right, and if you post a post mocking the left they get mad. I want unique starterpacks, not this stupid political shit.

Meanwhile, r/CringeAnarchy is nothing but posts mocking the left. I hate when politics ruin quality subreddits.

It turns out the reason my phone wasn't working despite the fact my online account said it was active was because they had the wrong SIM card number in the system. When I had activated it online, it didn't even ask for the sim card number. That's why.

I had to sit around for an hour waiting for tech support to call me back then be on the phone for a half hour for him to fix it. And when they called me back I was about 5 seconds from trying to call them back because I was tired of waiting.

Worst part though was the tech chat I mentioned above, where he said "Our systems say your phone is active, maybe you're dialing the wrong number." Guy needs to be fired.

2 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Meanwhile, r/CringeAnarchy is nothing but posts mocking the left. I hate when politics ruin quality subreddits.

Is CringeAnarchy supposed to be making fun of anarchists? Maybe someone should note to them there are just as many anarchists on both sides. I see more Rassah style anarchists that are more right than leftie hippie anarchists.

1 hour ago, Crazy Lee said:

It turns out the reason my phone wasn't working despite the fact my online account said it was active was because they had the wrong SIM card number in the system. When I had activated it online, it didn't even ask for the sim card number. That's why.

I had to sit around for an hour waiting for tech support to call me back then be on the phone for a half hour for him to fix it. And when they called me back I was about 5 seconds from trying to call them back because I was tired of waiting.

Worst part though was the tech chat I mentioned above, where he said "Our systems say your phone is active, maybe you're dialing the wrong number." Guy needs to be fired.

Is CringeAnarchy supposed to be making fun of anarchists? Maybe someone should note to them there are just as many anarchists on both sides. I see more Rassah style anarchists that are more right than leftie hippie anarchists.

r/CringeAnarchy was supposed to be r/Cringe without restrictive posting rules. For a while it had actual cringe from around the internet, and everyone got to laugh at socially inept people. Of course, come the election cycle and the mods begin shilling for Trump. The sub immediately becomes politically influenced, and over time it became more of "look at these liberals, they are SJW cucks" and less of "look at this shitty DeviantArt drawing, lol". Things have only got worse over time.

58 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Oh boy, my laptop charger is dying! :-D

Did I mention that my laptop battery died a few months ago too? :-DD

My laptop has no battery and now the charger is dying so we have to buy a replacement on Amazon! :-DDD

I would ply open the charger and check to see if any of the capacitors look to have gone bad, those tend to be the first things to die in power supplys and chargers and cost far less than a whole new charger.

1 minute ago, Lopaw said:

I would ply open the charger and check to see if any of the capacitors look to have gone bad, those tend to be the first things to die in power supplys and chargers and cost far less than a whole new charger.

I know what the problem is. The cord is kinda broken open near the pluggy part that goes into the laptop.

2 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I know what the problem is. The cord is kinda broken open near the pluggy part that goes into the laptop.

Those parts fail with amazing regularity...I work at a college library, and we check out both Dell laptops and Mac airbooks, and damn, those cords are always failing in that spot, especially the Macs. I think they make them to only have a limited life, so you have to buy more, and more, and more...

4 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Those parts fail with amazing regularity...I work at a college library, and we check out both Dell laptops and Mac airbooks, and damn, those cords are always failing in that spot, especially the Macs. I think they make them to only have a limited life, so you have to buy more, and more, and more...

Well, the problem here is that it's a thinkpad charger and I have done nothing to break it. I think it might just be an age thing.

2 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Well, the problem here is that it's a thinkpad charger and I have done nothing to break it. I think it might just be an age thing.

Yeah, partly, it's all the stress that gets put on the part of the cord where it connects (over time), and thus tends to bend...I always thought they might engineer a better solution, say, a 'braided', or even woven cloth covered segment of cord, to help better protect/safeguard the 'bending' near the harder surface of the adapter.

But we must order like 4 dozen adapters, per semester, due to them wearing out.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

My mum wanted an Apple Pencil for her birthday

They cost like, £100 each. Are they made of pixie dust or something

Damn you, Apple. My wallet is gonna be sore and I blame you

da fuck is an Apple Pencil

if she wants one, just go carve an apple tree or some shit

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

da fuck is an Apple Pencil

if she wants one, just go carve an apple tree or some shit

Apple was all like 'Hmmmm, we have expensive tablets, but everyone is using inexpensive styluses. Let's change that'

And lo, the Apple Pencil was born. For those who want a touch stylus marginally better than a £10 one-- at ten times the price

Oh, and it's Apple. Which means the pencil is revolutionary

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

Apple was all like 'Hmmmm, we have expensive tablets, but everyone is using inexpensive styluses. Let's change that'

And lo, the Apple Pencil was born. For those who want a touch stylus marginally better than a £10 one-- at ten times the price

Oh, and it's Apple. Which means the pencil is revolutionary

sounds like a load of shite

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

My mum wanted an Apple Pencil for her birthday

They cost like, £100 each. Are they made of pixie dust or something

Damn you, Apple. My wallet is gonna be sore and I blame you

You can buy a full drawing tablet for less than that.

Apple continues to be a company I will not touch with a 10-foot pole.

• Like 3