Things that you hate! v2

Sar

My microwave exploded. I've fixed this box half a dozen times, but I have not known it to explode. That's new. And probably fatal.

I also left it's malfunctioning carcass on the counter while I'm gone for a few days. Hopefully no one tries go use it.

• Like 2

Me: -spinning in the bedroom on rifle. I'm always safe, I drop sometimes, but I never break anything-
Roommate: If you drop that anywhere near my Xbox, I'm confinscating it. (he takes up over half of the bedroom)
Me: If you confinscate it, I'm confinscating your laptop.
Him: If you do that, I'm going to hit you.
Me: I'll hit you right back, and then you can get the fuck out of my house.
Him: -ignoring me, talking to his Xbox friends- He thinks he's entitled because this is his house, plus he's scared of the dark
Me: -leaves the light on to help drive away nighttime paranoia- Do YOU have nighttime paranoia?
Him: no -goes right back to ignoring me and talking shit about me right in front of me-

>goes to sleep much earlier than usual

>have a tired brain

>tired brain tells me "fuck you, sleep 15 hours to pay up your sleep debt" 

>continue sleeping

> wake up and notice it's 4:30pm

>FML

>So much for that missed interview at 10am

• Like 1

On 3/5/2017 at 7:13 PM, DrDingo said:

Apple was all like 'Hmmmm, we have expensive tablets, but everyone is using inexpensive styluses. Let's change that'

And lo, the Apple Pencil was born. For those who want a touch stylus marginally better than a £10 one-- at ten times the price

Oh, and it's Apple. Which means the pencil is revolutionary

it's really, really good tho from what I hear

expensive yes 

but pair it with an iPad Pro and it's cheaper than a fucking cintiq :v

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

it's really, really good tho from what I hear

expensive yes 

but pair it with an iPad Pro and it's cheaper than a fucking cintiq :v

ssssss2.PNG
ssssss.PNG

Intuous is not Cintiq, but this is still their newest line as far as I'm aware.
So it's not like the tablet's exactly old either.

Also you can't use Sai on an ipad.

EDIT: For that matter, I did a bit of investigation because I'm curious.
Apple's 12 inch ipad pro on Amazon is $839, and the pen is $93.
So altogether, that's $932.

The smallest Cintiq model (at 13 inches) is $799.
So it's still cheaper to just buy a Cintiq if you have neither.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vae said:

ssssss2.PNG
ssssss.PNG

Intuous is not Cintiq, but this is still their newest line as far as I'm aware.
So it's not like the tablet's exactly old either.

Also you can't use Sai on an ipad.

Yeah true, those are fine too and definitely cheaper; I'm just saying if somebody wants a more cintiq-like experience, as in the whole drawing-right-on-the-screen thing, it's technically a lot cheaper.  

And even without SAI there's some really powerful drawing applications like Procreate.

But yeah $99 fucking dollars is still ridiculous ngl. 

Also, capacitative touch screens are notoriously hard to make styluses for. Up till now all the styluses have been really subpar; even the nicest one Wacom makes (which I own) doesn't work properly due to the inherent technical difficulties. That's why the iPad needed a special stylus and some updated screen tech in the latest models.

I'm not sure if there's third-party support for the tech yet or not, but I've only heard good things about the iPencil. 

5 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

Yeah true, those are fine too and definitely cheaper; I'm just saying if somebody wants a more cintiq-like experience, as in the whole drawing-right-on-the-screen thing, it's technically a lot cheaper.  

And even without SAI there's some really powerful drawing applications like Procreate.

But yeah $99 fucking dollars is still ridiculous ngl. 

Also, capacitative touch screens are notoriously hard to make styluses for. Up till now all the styluses have been really subpar; even the nicest one Wacom makes (which I own) doesn't work properly due to the inherent technical difficulties. That's why the iPad needed a special stylus and some updated screen tech in the latest models.

I'm not sure if there's third-party support for the tech yet or not, but I've only heard good things about the iPencil. 

Per my edit, it's still technically cheaper to get the smallest model of Cintiq, if you have neither.
If you already have the ipad, it is cheaper to go for that option, though, but that's kind of obvious.

Personally, I don't bother with tablets (the app kind) because they're too synonymous with modern phones... except they can't make calls or text. So I've never seen much point in owning one.

I still find it pants-on-head retarded that the pen costs more than an entire brand new drawing tablet though.
And my point about Sai is that I can use a computer drawing tablet for whatever program I want. Sai, Photoshop, hell even browser-based drawing programs.
Seems like you're just paying more less function.
But that seems to be Apple's general selling model anyway.

30 minutes ago, Vae said:

EDIT: For that matter, I did a bit of investigation because I'm curious.
Apple's 12 inch ipad pro on Amazon is $839, and the pen is $93.
So altogether, that's $932.

The smallest Cintiq model (at 13 inches) is $799.
So it's still cheaper to just buy a Cintiq if you have neither.

Actually the cheaper (and better imo) 9.7in iPad Pro works with it too and the cheapest model of those is only $599. Cheaper if refurbished.

I wasn't aware of the $799 cintiq tho. All my artists friends always talk about the $1000+ ones lol. 

6 minutes ago, Vae said:

I still find it pants-on-head retarded that the pen costs more than an entire brand new drawing tablet though.

No argument there. 

6 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

Actually the cheaper (and better imo) 9.7in iPad Pro works with it too and the cheapest model of those is only $599. Cheaper if refurbished.

I wasn't aware of the $799 cintiq tho. All my artists friends always talk about the $1000+ ones lol. 

No argument there. 

I just went for the size equivalent.
The $799 Cintiq is 13 inches.
The $839 ipad pro is 12.9 inches.
And in tablets (both kinds) size can add hundreds of dollars onto the price tag, so I felt the comparison was the most fair one.

I'm not going by refurbs because those can be all over the place, and are entirely dependent on when you happen to catch them. I'm just going by their retail market price brand new.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vae said:

Personally, I don't bother with tablets (the app kind) because they're too synonymous with modern phones... except they can't make calls or text. So I've never seen much point in owning one.

Tbh, I only have a tablet because I read my ebooks on them (because I can't afford/carry around physical copies of them)

To know that the average person here (New York) is much worse than any , depressed, paranoid or outright "strange" person I've met so far.

Why is it so hard to just find decent individuals? Specifically those that aren't just acting to get a fling?

• Like 1

So, last Tuesday it was in the 50s, there were vicious storms, hail, and tornadoes. Yes, tornadoes in February in Michigan. Then it got all cold in the 20s and 30s until this week.

This Tuesday there was storms that rolled through in the morning. I was out in my car in both of them. I saw pinhead sized hail.

Today, we had retardedly high winds. 60-80mph gusts. Now my apartment has no power and I'm worried about my food spoiling and freezing to death in my apartment. Fridge is 45 degrees for the moment and apt is about 70 but let's see how long that lasts. Might put the food outside where it will stay cold.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2017/03/second_largest_storm_in_dte_hi.html

http://www.wxyz.com/news/power-outages-reported-across-metro-detroit-due-to-high-winds

They're saying 650k people without power in the Detroit Metro area and 850k for the entire state......

I don't like how some of these news casts call it a "storm". There was no rain, no clouds, it was a clear day. A "wind storm" maybe, but not a thunderstorm.

5 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I keep meaning to get into Electric Light Orchestra but I keep on forgetting. It's making me mad because they have a sound I really like but I keep forgetting to check them out.

I should give you suggestions, I like those guys quite a bit.

Try my favorite song by them:

2 hours ago, Socketosis said:

Being stuck in the same place for a decade. I'm no further in life than I was then. In fact, I moved backwards. Ya gotta wonder sometimes, why bother continuing? Life seems to get bleaker the older you get. How does anyone accept and cope with it?

I feel like this a lot, too. Like I work harder/longer, but wages have been almost stagnant for a decade, while rent and electric and food have all gone way, way up, so there's this feeling that you just keep slipping behind, and are able to do less and less, and worry more and more.

And getting older is no fun, I mean who wants that? Diseases, death, decay.

Adulthood is over-rated; after all, it's the fountain of youth that has been so often sought in myth, not the fountain of middle age, or the fountain of senility.

• Like 3

How the parts shown for this mechanism that I need to make in autocad are lacking dimension indicators in certain places where their presence would be really helpful in avoiding mistakes.

I have to draw these 5 parts in 3rd angle projection as 2D plans then do the same parts as 3D models so it is a lot of work as well.

4 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Pastel fashion/Pastel goth is probably the ugliest thing I can think to look at

That's still a thing?

I thought all the Tumblr kiddies moved on from that or something.

6 minutes ago, Vae said:

That's still a thing?

I thought all the Tumblr kiddies moved on from that or something.

Probably not, I just saw one instance of it, Stumbled on a friend of an artist I watch who was wearing an awful looking weeb outfit and was reminded that I hate it burning my eyes

The grocery stores here in Maryland when there's even the faintest threat of snow: people stock up as if for a Zombie apocalypse, leaving the shelves denuded and bare, with lines stretching all the way down the isles...all for maybe 5 to 10 inches of snow. Which, though, I am hoping is enough to close down the campus Tuesday, so I can stay home ;)

First snow of the year.

What do I hate... hmmmmmmm...

well, to name a few -

prejudicial people - me: you got something against furs?? >:3 (society: yes)

people who stereotype others - society: im not gay just because im a furry. (me: im actually bi, so, bye felisha)

people - me: i hate you as a person because you're stereotyping me! (society: technically, thats prejudice against stereotyping people)

society - society: fuck you (me: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) 

i pretty much hate people, and that im so weak i have trouble picking up the milk carton. (me: save me from this hellhole that is my life! T_T)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, otakufolf! said:

What do I hate... hmmmmmmm...

well, to name a few -

prejudicial people - me: you got something against furs?? >:3 (society: yes)

people who stereotype others - society: im not gay just because im a furry. (me: im actually bi, so, bye felisha)

people - me: i hate you as a person because you're stereotyping me! (society: technically, thats prejudice against stereotyping people)

society - society: fuck you (me: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) 

i pretty much hate people, and that im so weak i have trouble picking up the milk carton. (me: save me from this hellhole that is my life! T_T)

You seem very familiar.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Snagged Cub said:

Hello fever my old friend. I have come to talk to you again.

And frankly, I was not waiting for this moment, ugh. Being sick sucks

Update: Not just 20 hours later and the fever is already gone. Guess I had luck in an unfortunate situation

When you panic that a weird email attachment could be malware, because it's a file type you've never seen before, and when you finally find out what it is... it turns out it is just a Microsoft word friendly image of the logo that the organisation you are speaking with likes to include in their email headers.