Things that you hate! v2

Sar

power outages

it is shameful just how much of life comes to a screeching halt because the power went out.  can't do laundry, can't cook, can't communicate with people, have no entertainment, lucky if i have enough battery power in my phone to still have an alarm for work.

i am just glad it finally came back--after 10 hours--in time for me to be able to have breakfast/make lunch for work... assuming my food hasn't gone bad.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Gator said:

power outages

it is shameful just how much of life comes to a screeching halt because the power went out.  can't do laundry, can't cook, can't communicate with people, have no entertainment, lucky if i have enough battery power in my phone to still have an alarm for work.

i am just glad it finally came back--after 10 hours--in time for me to be able to have breakfast/make lunch for work... assuming my food hasn't gone bad.

Are they frequent in your area? I don't think I've had a power cut in like 6 or 7 years.

9 hours ago, Jtrekkie said:

There's something stuck in your teeth.

it's called dignity.

4 hours ago, Wax said:

Are they frequent in your area? I don't think I've had a power cut in like 6 or 7 years.

they kind of are; any time we get stormy weather, it's a possibility... then sometimes it just happens for the heck of it, like yesterday. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Fossa said:

How so many police all have the same style mustache.

Probably regulations.

I know the military is extremely strict on facial hair and enforces shaving even in the field -- largely because gas masks need to be able to seal properly against the skin. I imagine police may be similar.

41 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

Probably regulations.

I know the military is extremely strict on facial hair and enforces shaving even in the field -- largely because gas masks need to be able to seal properly against the skin. I imagine police may be similar.

But yet they are all kinda big like the 70s band, The Village People! I think they hand them out at the station : v

Seeing a lot of circuit diagrams online that don't work, or go overboard on values for pullup/pulldown resistors.

I have used 330 and 4.7k ohm ones for that purpose and had no problem with inputs floating to some value outside of the narrow voltage range TTL logic accepts as a 1 or 0.

When you want to make friends with someone so you talk about personal things like work, school, friends etc.

...but they have no job, no school, are a loner, and generally suck at life. Its awkward and you feel bad about flaunting your superiority. Argh

1 minute ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

When you want to make friends with someone so you talk about personal things like work, school, friends etc.

...but they have no job, no school, are a loner, and generally suck at life. Its awkward and you feel bad about flaunting your superiority. Argh

being that guy on the other side who has nothing to offer  )':

granted i have a job, but well... that would be all.  tfw the only thing i can talk about is how much my life sucks because it's the only thing i have going on atm (and nobody knows or gives a shit about my interests, including me)

also i hate that this flare-up thing still has not gone away.  i thought it was leaving, but then it turned around in the doorway and marched back in.  i finally lost a tiny bit of weight, but considering that i only lost it from not being able to hold onto my food for several months, i don't think it's much of a victory.  getting to the point where i have no energy, hungry all the time but afraid to eat, don't even want to eat.  and i am starting to get really scared that i might end up back in the hospital again if this shit doesn't go away soon. 

28 minutes ago, Gator said:

being that guy on the other side who has nothing to offer  )':

granted i have a job, but well... that would be all.  tfw the only thing i can talk about is how much my life sucks because it's the only thing i have going on atm (and nobody knows or gives a shit about my interests, including me)

also i hate that this flare-up thing still has not gone away.  i thought it was leaving, but then it turned around in the doorway and marched back in.  i finally lost a tiny bit of weight, but considering that i only lost it from not being able to hold onto my food for several months, i don't think it's much of a victory.  getting to the point where i have no energy, hungry all the time but afraid to eat, don't even want to eat.  and i am starting to get really scared that i might end up back in the hospital again if this shit doesn't go away soon. 

b-but...gator-kun, you actually talk about stupid dumb things a lot casually and youre fun-ish and stuff. Wow. So maybe you dont have a lot going but you seem to be cool  and kind and stuff from what Ive read ;.; Mainly I get upset because I feel bad if I make them upset. I mean like what youre going through now kinda sucks and I dont have any resolve on that >.> Never been frequently sick before myself, knock on wood

In fact Ive considered PMing you but Im a lazy fuck. Oh well.

Just ah, keep on swimming, then

• Like 1

I hate it how insensitive the charging port of my mobile has become. The charger needs to be in an exact position to be able to charge and if it unplugs too many times, my phone no longer displays correct charge level or even show it is connected meaning I can't use it to tether my Internet connection until I restart it. Blergh. 

17 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

b-but...gator-kun, you actually talk about stupid dumb things a lot casually and youre fun-ish and stuff. Wow. So maybe you dont have a lot going but you seem to be cool  and kind and stuff from what Ive read ;.; Mainly I get upset because I feel bad if I make them upset. I mean like what youre going through now kinda sucks and I dont have any resolve on that >.> Never been frequently sick before myself, knock on wood

In fact Ive considered PMing you but Im a lazy fuck. Oh well.

Just ah, keep on swimming, then

I DO TALK ABOUT DUMB THINGS, THIS IS TRUE

meanwhile i worry about dragging people down 'cause they come up all "blah blah blah my job is gr8 i have so much money wow and my own house and a car and i have so many friends gosh they're all so silly we're going out drinking and i bought this new thing etc etc"  and then i'll just be like, "i don't have any of those things so i wouldn't know how it is, but that sounds great i'm gonna go have diarrhea for the 50th time today and pray i don't die on a toilet like elvis :^)"  some will get the wind knocked out of their sails, some will just get annoyed; either way, i feel bad for complaining and ruining somebody's good mood but when people talk about their lives i usually just can't relate because i don't have one.

you should be less lazy tho

tumblr_n6kaa94eDQ1trt3p3o1_500.gif

That "human's suck" dude who has to interject how much he hates humanity into any conversation. And not only does he interject, but he interjects in places where it wasn't even relevant. 

It's like this. 

"Wow, that was a p neat vidya game thanks for letting me borrow-" 
"HUMANS SUCK! HEAR YE! HEAR YE! HUMANS ARE DESTROYING THE WORLD!!"
"Where the fuck did you-"
*sidles up* "You know what would be great? Like a massive disaster to come and wipe out a big chunk of the population" 
"Buddy, you got problems."  

I usually just write them off as edgy dipshits but dang. I wasn't even talking to you ya creepy fucker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Lion said:

That "human's suck" dude who has to interject how much he hates humanity into any conversation. And not only does he interject, but he interjects in places where it wasn't even relevant. 

It's like this. 

*sidles up* "You know what would be great? Like a massive disaster to come and wipe out a big chunk of the population" 

I usually just write them off as edgy dipshits but dang. I wasn't even talking to you ya creepy fucker. 

tired of hearing "humans suck" in general.  maybe you suck, but humans are awesome.  newsflash: you can give a shit about the environment without being a misanthropic bag of dicks. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Red Lion said:

It's like this. 

what

I'm trying to be less of a drama whore, but fuck if I don't need to vent right now. Prepare your eyes for a delectable feast of uptmost ire as stewed by the one, the only, Johanna.

Where do I start? Do I start in the earlier years where I basically was an awful repressed person but had decent health and intellect? Do I start in the interim years where I had my idealism and believed in a future that I could accomplish with my own hands yet was constantly brought to my knees through severe addiction and depresssion? Do I start in the last year(s?), where even time seems to be drawn into a soul-blackening spiral of misanthropic isolation, internal perspectives that are only as strong as the red wheat under the crushing ice of an eternal winter, and all memories of earlier times can only be viewed under that ever thickening veil... warped, dancing from reality to the machinations of a dying mind, and growing ever more cold to my heart?

I believe rather that to start it would be best to begin with how I.. failed. It would only be a form of selfish pedantry to focus on how I have been failed, because truly I have not been. I have had many chances, and much love in my life and I consider my fortunes to be no worse and perhaps even better than a great many other faces out there... somewhere.

Perhaps my weaving of the words is an attempt to hold with a dire hunger the remenants of who I am... who I was... who I wish to be. Perhaps I have already accepted my bastardization, my fall from eloquency, the near systemic destruction of all that I have held dear inside for so long. Perhaps if I desperately whittle this wall between the concepts me and the outside with all my strength I will survive with torn, blistered hands, broken body. Perhaps then I won't starve into the oblivion, devoid of any hope until I become a husk which has little distinction between animancy and stillness. Perhaps I seek to save some hope of connection, some dignity with you... likely one of the few genuine connections I feel. 

Perhaps it is time for a mask, bones of the dead past decorated with bright paints of the dreams of the present... a swirling infinity of possibilities to the viewer but behind the air only grows more stale as the organs begin to shut down and give everything they have to simply continue the illusion to the outsider. To the other. To the hope. To the connection.

The simple truth is I have failed the ones I love. I have failed in every way that there is to fail. Any respite is not one I find myself fit for, no cure is one that I deserve. 

So what then, does one do when faced with such a circumstance? It only seems to grow colder, harder, by the sunrise and damnededly short nights.

Do you lie to yourself? Do you find a new vice, do you pretend like it's not true the pain you feel, do you expend yourself on a false vision of a future?

Do you breath your last breaths into the heart of another, inspiring and giving everything you can until the distance between you grows so nebelous and incomprehensible that you just.... fall away?

It's not an easy thing to dedicate yourself to finding sustenance for others when your own mind seems to grow so hungry, so slow, and everything becomes the burden of a thousand years of pain in the span of the blink of an eye.

I have failed when I have promised such a hard path to myself, yet when I have promised an easy path to myself I only seem to grow dimmer and more distant from what I try to hold close.

So what then, would one do with what feels like their last times? Does one give into the bodies own desires and let all fall to waste? Does one continue to walk a path of normalcy denying the expression of themselves, the tormented one, the starving one, the real self? Does one try to do what they had always failed to do, and keep walking with their back to the setting sun still trying to reach out and give what they can?

Does one just fade?

3 hours ago, Fantasma said:

Does one just fade?

You're despairing, and you've been doing that since I met you. But that's good, everyone has to either do that or not think about themselves. It also means you got off track at some point.

In the meantime, you can't have failed people as long as you're alive, but you can choose to continue to fail them. You only have to decide what is right and do that. But mostly take care of yourself, Johanna.

On 09/05/2017 at 5:17 AM, Gator said:

it's funny 'cause all the stuffed toys and cartoons also do this.

that reminds me of an anatomical gripe: DIGITIGRADE ON ANIMALS THAT ARE PLANTIGRADE.  stop it, furries.  a reptile is not a fox.

It only took me 5-6 years after making my fursona to find that weasels are plantigrade animals. I was so crap at drawing him back then looking back on things. At one point I didn't even bother with drawing his tail.

I'm tempted to go back into the old art and fix things though illustrator is a pain to use.

3 hours ago, Lopaw said:

It only took me 5-6 years after making my fursona to find that weasels are plantigrade animals. I was so crap at drawing him back then looking back on things. At one point I didn't even bother with drawing his tail.

I'm tempted to go back into the old art and fix things though illustrator is a pain to use.

at least you have learned

i'm lazy; i rather fix my old art when i change my characters' designs than just draw new art

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

I've worn a hole into the elbow on one of my work shirts. I hate that I only seem to discover this sort of thing once I'm actually at work.

I've magically found out that the crotch of my work pants tore at work before.

The joys of installing internet

• Like 1

I am a fucking idiot. So, I've been through 4 different screens for my phone and I've been dealing with this for over a month. And it was my fault they never worked.

So a screen arrived at the beginning of the week. I plugged it in, and it worked fine. Then I turned it off and began screwing and reassembling the phone. The screen didn't work anymore. So I pry the phone back apart, and I decide to give it one more shot, pulling the screen connector off and then putting it back again. It worked again. I had a whim to keep the phone on and assemble it. Motherboard screws went in.... it works. Longer screw for headphone jack went in.... it stops working. Backs screw back out. It works. Tightens screw, it stops working. Removes screw, it works.

It turns out that was the wrong screw and was a body screw that had gotten separated from the others. It was going through the phone body and hitting the back of the screen and maybe shorting it out or something. The last screen worked but the glass was peeling from the frame, perhaps the screw pushed it out. One screen didn't work at all, and that was the asshole who refused to give me a full refund.

To think all those returns were probably because of my stupidity. But at least the damn thing works again.

10 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

I've worn a hole into the elbow on one of my work shirts. I hate that I only seem to discover this sort of thing once I'm actually at work.

I have that happen, I think it's because my elbows are perpetually dry and that makes them as abrasive as sandpaper.

• Like 1

People who phone in sick last minute.. constantly. I angrily thank you for giving me your shifts, and am counting down the days in anticipation for when your butt gets canned (or at the very least disciplined). Seriously, when you're under 3 months at a new job you shouldn't have already phoned in like 5+ times..

Cruising for a bruising, newbie

30 minutes ago, Moogle said:

People who phone in sick last minute.. constantly. I angrily thank you for giving me your shifts, and am counting down the days in anticipation for when your butt gets canned (or at the very least disciplined). Seriously, when you're under 3 months at a new job you shouldn't have already phoned in like 5+ times..

Cruising for a bruising, newbie

At the new job I'm hopefully getting, the manager is very strict on people calling in sick. She wants you to have a doctor's note and everything.

• Like 1

Someone in a chat I'm in called me a "fucking idiot" for gently touching the animatronics at Chuck E. Cheese. I hate when people act like they know more about shit I'm obsessed with than I do. I'm fucking allowed to touch them at my location. If I wasn't allowed, I wouldn't fucking do it, you ignorant fuckhead.

7 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

At the new job I'm hopefully getting, the manager is very strict on people calling in sick. She wants you to have a doctor's note and everything.

That's the way it should be, or people will take advantage and just have sick days whenever's convienent for them without taking  into consideration other employees that have to make up for their slack.

And oh! I remember awhile back you were looking for a job, so that's wicked to hear Fen. ;) Have you gone for an interview yet, or just waiting to hear back from them?

Either way, wishin' ya the best of luck and hope you get the job man!

• Like 2

On 5/18/2017 at 2:03 PM, Fantasma said:

I've magically found out that the crotch of my work pants tore at work before.

my work pants have a huge hole in the crotch.  like, the entire seam in that area has come undone.  but i don't have a way to get new pants atm so i just have to be glad it's in a place nobody is looking at :^)

i really hate the fact that nothing is open when i'm not working.  heard there was a fair in town the weekend after my birthday, thought that would be nice, it's open 3 days... the only day i'm off is the last day, and that day it's only open HALF as long, and of course only during my normal sleep hours.  the other 2 days i could have gone after waking up, but nope.  i work nights and weekends.

4 hours ago, Moogle said:

That's the way it should be, or people will take advantage and just have sick days whenever's convienent for them without taking  into consideration other employees that have to make up for their slack.

And oh! I remember awhile back you were looking for a job, so that's wicked to hear Fen. ;) Have you gone for an interview yet, or just waiting to hear back from them?

Either way, wishin' ya the best of luck and hope you get the job man!

I did! I went to the initial interview, and they sent me some paperwork to fill out online. Currently I'm waiting for my background to clear, which they said could take several days, despite the fact that I have a clean background.

how having a fan on in my room always gives me a sore throat.  p much the same with the normal air conditioning in the house, but worse. 

but it's hot and noisy and a fan fixes both of those by drowning out outside noise and creating a nice cool breeze  )^:  wat do i do

• Like 1

Getting blocked from a facebook post simply because I presented an argument that somebody didn't like. It popped up in my news feed because I'm friends with the person who liked the post, so I decided to chime in, but because I didn't know the OP, nor was I friends with him, I was outright told that my opinion on the issue was meaningless, then about a minute later, I could no longer view the post. Shit like that just reassures my hatred for social media, because it doesn't even feel social to me, it just seems like there's always tension between people, and nobody has anything in common with each other anymore, unless you agree with them on everything. Yeah, I was that random stranger dude who just posted a differing opinion and side to an argument on some guy's wall, but that doesn't mean you had to disregard my post completely, because you didn't like what I had to say? That honestly made me feel abandoned, especially when I couldn't even view the post anymore to further justify my position on the particular issue. I just don't like not being understood, especially in a manner of being disowned like that. Oh for fuck's sake! I'm probably making a big deal about this, like I do with everything, because I don't know how to not let something stop bothering me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

[textwall]

Facebook is generally for talking to people you know, not random nobodies who want a springboard for connecting strangers with their opinions.
It's like walking up to a group of strangers who are already involved in a conversation on the street, and throwing your 2 cents in. It's awkward as fuck and no one asked you.
I know I'd be pretty miffed if some rando came up and started commenting on my FB statuses too.

It's also not theirs or anyone else's responsibility to make you or your opinions feel validated.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

Toenails

mostly because mine grow really fast and they're super thick and they hurt after a while

Mine are always in grown and cause me a ton of pain a LOT of bleeding. I've had 2 correction attempts done on them, but it's not working. About to just see if I can get the nails removed entirely.

• Like 1