Things that you hate! v2

Sar

20 hours ago, mapache said:

I'm not sure if you think he was jabbing at you just for funsies, but his point was that it's ironic that you complain about the world getting angrier immediately after telling a story about how you escalated a frustrating situation by losing your temper and lashing out.

Eh, I think he just tries to find things to make me look bad.

But could it have occurred to you that A) the lady flipped her shit at me first, and B) I am fully aware that while she started it I overreacted as well. When I wonder why the world is getting angrier, is it possible I wonder why I'm doing the same thing? Or that I hate it just as much in myself as in others?

Maybe the aliens put something in the water.

7 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

Being stared at by kids is kinda like being beaten up by a ghost - it hurts, but if you try and fight back in kind, it has no effect because their current biological state doesn't allow them to be affected. So, you just have to lie there and take it, and wait for it to be over.

You'll say, but Alex! Take out your piercings and put on some normal clothes, and kids won't stare at you!

This is while I'm wearing my WORK CLOTHES. Kids just fucking stare at me and they haven't developed enough cognitively to know they have to be SUBTLE about it. I wish I had the balls to call them out or something, but again, their brains haven't developed to the extent that they're able to process that yet. Gotta just lie there and take it.

Maybe they stare because they think you're good looking. Just a consideration.

35 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

I am fully aware that while she started it I overreacted as well. When I wonder why the world is getting angrier, is it possible I wonder why I'm doing the same thing? Or that I hate it just as much in myself as in others?

If you're willing to admit that, then fair enough. Just know that you don't have to get the last word in on everything. Most of the time it really is easier to just walk away, but maybe that's just me.

26 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

I'm not really sure kids aged 4-8 really have the capacity to think like that

Nah, I had a massive crush on the Hispanic teaching assistant in my kindergarten class. Kids can definitely think like that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Victor-933 said:

Nah, I had a massive crush on the Hispanic teaching assistant in my kindergarten class. Kids can definitely think like that.

I liked what appears to be your 777th post. Good job! You posted a bunch!

But yes, Kids can think that way. But a lot of times their attention is caught by teens and young adults. 

I've seen so much death in the last 30 minutes.

I truly wish the Zetas will die a slow and painful death. Start from the fingers, to the toes, hands then feet. Burn the nubs left. Cut off the limbs, and burn them again. Waterboard them, torch them, then cut off their heads,

I want nothing less for a people so terrible.

I feel like when you're that young the line between romantic interest and awe is essentially non-existent, so having a crush on a teacher or another kid or really just anyone is fairly uncomplicated and only at all easy to distinguish from just really liking someone in retrospect. In retrospect, though... there was this one kid in kindergarten who I wanted to spend a lot of time with, and I'm pretty sure I understand why now. Funny how it took me another decade to entertain the idea that I wasn't straight.

EDIT: Well that post certainly a tone shift.

What happened? Are you OK?

39 minutes ago, Mandragoras said:

EDIT: Well that post certainly a tone shift.

What happened? Are you OK?

I'm assuming this is directed towards me.

Many executions, by blade - while the victim was still alive. With all the things you could see and view on the internet, that isn't one I wanted to see. If there was anything I could do, I would deny them the luxury of mercy. I'm not going to put up a link here, but it was caused by a cartel named: Los Zetas.

Edit: That was a typo. Nobody is getting a link to an execution.

Edited by Silo
God-tier typo
  • Like 1

@Silo

It is not wise to wish such fates even on those we hate.

But your methods are weak, I would slowley excise and dissemble the nervous system with a scalpel and ice cold tweezers, then inject something into the blood stream like poison ivy or oak and watch as every part of their body begins to swell and burn, inside and out. Shunts could be inserted into the respitory system to maintain life while that happened. Don't forget intense psychological torture and peroids of complete darkness and silence in between operations.

Being crazy makes me think of awful things, good thing I'm a nice person.

Don't forget inserting small bits of metal shavings into all the major joints!

• Like 1

Congratulations Alexxx, you've worked it out! That is *exactly* how cause-and-effect works.

The universe will now disassemble itself in order to be replaced with something even more complex and indecipherable.

Thankyou for your patience during this time of transition. Normal levels of bafflingness will be restored as soon as possible.

• Like 2

finally started clearing the tree off the house, been waiting on the power company this whole fucking time. My stepbrother and his son came out to help.

I warned them to watch out for nails because a bunch of roof material and shit was still buried under the tree. My dumb ass is the one that ends up getting stuck, though -- ain't that some shit?

• Like 1

The way so many earbuds have no relation to the shape of the ear, and just fall out, or sound crappy, unless you hold your hands on them, and press them in, which means then, you can't use your hands, and also, it looks dumb. And the majority of them just break, or seem almost disposable. I could never see spending any amount of serious money on these things.

• Like 2

A filling fell out while I was flossing. Flossing. Had I lost a filling or even an entire tooth while munching decadently on a Snickers bar I would have been resigned to what was only just recompensation and bemoan my poor decisions. But my tooth was injured by responsible hygiene instead.

"Responsible, lol. U had fillings tho" you protest mockingly from your Cheeto encrusted office chair. This is what it means to be responsible; to ameliorate past shortcomings. Yet my ameliorated tooth suffers to spite my redemption. The irony is almost as painful as the ice pick working its way to my sinus. 

• Like 1

People who stand way behind their items in the checkout line.

YOU'RE BUYING LIKE 4 THINGS. I'M BUYING LIKE 30.
I NEED THE CONVEYOR BELT ROOM TO PUT MY STUFF DOWN.
SCOOT THE FUCK UP, OR I'M GOING TO KICK YOU THE FUCK FORWARD.

The alt-right and their baseless ideology. Seriously, a lot of you aren't really right-wingers, you actually believe in modern liberal values, except that you simply try to look less hypocritical than the modern left. If you defend and pretend to be allies with a gay British pedophile simply because he agrees with you on some issues, then your ideology has no merit, you're simply opportunists who are fed up with political correctness and don't really have a sensible movement. Seriously, fuck this whole "I love gay virtuous pedophiles because they're alt-righters too" bullshit. You say that you hate what the SJWs are doing, yet in ways, you act more accepting of the things that they're trying to push, the ones that you're suppose to be against, and you act like if people get offended at anything, including other conservatives who oppose leftist agendas, you attack them and say that their argument is automatically invalid, and they're just being pussies who are just as bad as the left, just for getting offended at something that they oppose. If you really cared about what you believe in, you don't sit back and say, "look, they're easily offended like everyone else, so they're just as bad as the SJWs, let's try to be more tolerant and accepting than them!". How about sticking up for your supposed right-wing ideology instead of trying to be the new left with all of this acceptance of everything bullshit in fear of being a hypocrite, because in the end, you'll all end up being fucking tools for their agenda. Honestly, if you're "conservative" simply because you're annoyed or oppose people getting easily offended instead of looking at the nuance of the situation, then you're all just fucking opportunists and don't really care about what you supposedly believe in, you're just reactionary opportunist garbage, same goes for Antifa.

• Like 1

How one of the questions in one of my assignments wants me to calculate all kinds of parameters for a parallel RLC circuit.

This would be easy to do as I know where to use the formulae needed. 

However the circuit in the question has a resistor in series with a inductor (series RL) with a capacitor in parallel to them which means it can't be solved like a parallel RLC circuit and therefore has me stuck.

4 hours ago, Lopaw said:

How one of the questions in one of my assignments wants me to calculate all kinds of parameters for a parallel RLC circuit.

This would be easy to do as I know where to use the formulae needed. 

However the circuit in the question has a resistor in series with a inductor (series RL) with a capacitor in parallel to them which means it can't be solved like a parallel RLC circuit and therefore has me stuck.

http://www.rfcafe.com/references/electrical/impedance-admittance-formulas-rlc.htm

Here's some handy formulae for all sorts of combinations, including series inductor and resistors with a parallel cap.

• Like 1

Still no main power in the house. Won't be for the foreseeable future. Still working on removing that fucking tree too. Oak tree, at least two hundred years old. Thing is fucking massive.

Thankfully, there's a temporary pole, and I got a 110v window AC for the bedroom, and at least the summer heat is making these cold showers more tolerable.

There's this particular expression of grammar that is becoming increasingly common which I absolutely hate because it can mean something subtly different to what the speaker / writer actually means. it's when 'ALL <something>' is accompanied by a predicate with a negative in it, but rather than meaning none of the something conforms to the predicate as should be grammatically correct, the author means that SOME of them may and some may not. 

So let's iron this out:

RIGHT: "All monkeys fling poo."
RIGHT: "Not all monkeys fling poo."
WRONG: "All monkeys do not fling poo."

That last sentence grammatically means "NO monkeys fling poo", and we all know that's not true!

I fucking hate intrusive DRM in videogames. I've got a legit copy of Two Worlds and I wanted to fire it up just for shits and giggles. Nope, just the CD key isn't enough, it demands a second code you get by authenticating either online or over the phone.... ....except AFAIK the authentication servers are down and probably have been for years because dozens of people with the Steam copy have the same problem.

Paid for a game and I can't even fucking play it, yet developers can't seem to understand why people pirate...

• Like 1

I'll try to get good at something and spend a few years on it. I don't get anywhere beyond average. Drawing has made me sad since 2012 and even the stuff I like to do, I'm not good at. I stagnate and struggle in everything while younger folks just breeze through it with no effort and say it's easy. Then they get involved with things that are lucrative and prestigious before they're 21. But I just lose contacts once they see how little worth I output. I miss opportunities because I'm not good enough for anything and I know it.

Everyone is so much faster and more capable than me. I really just hate myself.

1 hour ago, Tsuujou said:

I'll try to get good at something and spend a few years on it. I don't get anywhere beyond average. Drawing has made me sad since 2012 and even the stuff I like to do, I'm not good at. I stagnate and struggle in everything while younger folks just breeze through it with no effort and say it's easy. Then they get involved with things that are lucrative and prestigious before they're 21. But I just lose contacts once they see how little worth I output. I miss opportunities because I'm not good enough for anything and I know it.

Everyone is so much faster and more capable than me. I really just hate myself.

Your art is like the best, literally. It's amazing.

I'm sorry things seem slow, the only reason younger folks get ahead is probably because they proactively look for ways to.

• Like 3

This new Land Rover commercial triggers my autism. It shows some smug asshole driving through the heart of a sandstorm.

Do you want dust to clog your entire everything and kill your car? Because that's how you get dust to clog your entire everything and kill your car.

Spectrum internet is wildly inconsistent and bad - sometimes it goes from 20 mb down 5 up to 10 mb down 2 up and then to 2 down 0.5 up

Absolute garbage.

The worst thing I've seen was measured in kilobytes instead of megs, If I could pay the bills I would have switched ISPs ASAP

I hate playing the waiting game. I intend to buy an item from a local antique store, but I have to wait until the 26th so my mom will help pay for it. I'm super worried that I'll go on the 26th and it won't be there anymore. I'd put it on hold, but that costs money I don't have. I'm just praying it's still there. Then again, it's been there since October, so I don't think too many people are interested in it.

Lost my fucking smart phone today. This is after $80 to replace the screen a month or two ago. And this when I'm saving up to go to Anthrocon for the first time in my entire life, because not only is my job offering me the time off for a change, but I have a possible ride and hotel space.

Add to that, earlier today I almost got into a spat with an asshole who basically fits the bill of a Trump-supporting, anti-government, rural blue collar right wing asshole type, in his 50s or so. And all because he was breaking the law by trespassing.

There's a fur friend who's dog I get paid to walk. It's a friendly Jack Russel, energetic and loves everybody. Today I was at his house to accept the delivery of furniture. When the front door was open, the dog escaped and chased after the neighbor across the street's dogs, who were on my friend's front lawn. Now, my friend has had problems with the neighbor's dogs pooping and peeing on his lawn, which is tresspassing. Neighbor doesn't seem to care.

Also, friend's dog is very friendly with most dogs. However, he chased after the dogs in his lawn, sniffing at them and occasionally snapping at him. The neighbor was behind his dogs. I tried to grab my friend's dog, he wiggled out of his collar and went after the other two. I tried picking him up, and he clawed me and even drew blood. Finally I cornered him and tossed him into the house, but not before the neighbor had threatened to hurt my friend's dog.

The guy puffed up and got in my face. I told him if he hurt the dog I might hurt him. And he was like "Try it." Then I threatened to call the police. He said "Do it, your dog was attacking my dog." Bitch, your dogs were on my friend's lawn. That's trespassing you fucking idiot. And apparently you don't care either, if you let them poop on his lawn and don't care.

I feel like I have to fucking carry a gun now every time I go to this friend's house. Lest redneck gets violent.z

Edit: And would the edgy black offensive humor FB group I'm a member of please STOP FUCKING POSTING PICTURES OF SHIT FETISHES. I know your edgelord dicks are so small, but please grow the fuck up, you're not 10.