Things that you hate! v2

Sar

15 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

Sonic Mania...on PC.....got fucking........delayed. 
Four days before it's launch...

spongebob-s-crying-o.gif

f

On 8/8/2017 at 3:33 PM, Tsuujou said:

Jesus Christ, I hate Cadbury chocolate. Why's it got this granulated texture like the ingredients weren't fully dissolved when being mixed? Has this weirdly medicinal, chalky taste and feel to it. Where the fuck are they getting their ingredients from? The Crayola aisle at AC Moore? Like this is one thing that feels like I shouldn't eat and I'm about to make sure I don't anymore. Fucking gross...

I've seen folks get shit on for eating Hershey's. Love it or hate it idgaf, but at least that actually goes down like something meant for people and not plants.

Cadbury chocolate in the US is produced by Hershey and it is not real Cadbury. Hell they probably make it shit on purpose to undermine it. Real Cadbury is silky-smooth.

56 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

f

Cadbury chocolate in the US is produced by Hershey and it is not real Cadbury. Hell they probably make it shit on purpose to undermine it. Real Cadbury is silky-smooth.

Oh shit, really? The more you know. I should see about importing some then. Im not really picky about chocolate. US Cadbury is just ass. I didnt know someone else manufactured it. Never paid the labels any mind.

4 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

Oh shit, really? The more you know. I should see about importing some then. Im not really picky about chocolate. US Cadbury is just ass. I didnt know someone else manufactured it. Never paid the labels any mind.

You should get some Flakes. I forget if they're Cadbury but either way they're really good. Imagine really thin wisps of chocolate loosely pressed into a stick. Delicious but they make a fucking mess. A lot of the ice cream trucks put them in cones -- or at least, they did back in the late '90s when I lived there...

Aeros are pretty neat too. Chocolate bar filled with a sort of bubbly mousse texture chocolate. They also have the Mint Aero where the filling is mint flavored (what a tweest!).

Just now, Tsuujou said:

That actually looks fucking gross (or maybe because it's close up), but I bet it tastes like wonderful. Yes, just wonderful.

It does. The fact that it's very loosely put together means it fucking disintegrates in your mouth.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I just watched the videos of the counter-protesters at the statue in Charlottesville getting the shit beat out of them and then arrested and of the car plowing into the marching counter-protesters, and I hate every single fuck involved with the original march and gathering from the organizers to the local police.

While all those people are shit, there is, though, a place in Hell for the driver of that car, and that selfsame place waits for every person that said the driver plowed through those people because they were scared and getting attacked, especially the cops that pushed it. People are putting up video showing him blazing past intersections and down an empty street straight into the counter-protesters.

I might have special feelings for that kind of thing because I'm terrified of cars, but that was one of the most violent and terrifying actions by a single person I've ever seen on video. I hate all of it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MalletFace said:

I just watched the videos of the counter-protesters at the statue in Charlottesville getting the shit beat out of them and then arrested and of the car plowing into the marching counter-protesters, and I hate every single fuck involved with the original march and gathering from the organizers to the local police.

While all those people are shit, there is, though, a place in Hell for the driver of that car, and that selfsame place waits for every person that said the driver plowed through those people because they were scared and getting attacked, especially the cops that pushed it. People are putting up video showing him blazing past intersections and down an empty street straight into the counter-protesters.

I might have special feelings for that kind of thing because I'm terrified of cars, but that was one of the most violent and terrifying actions by a single person I've ever seen on video. I hate all of it.

no, didn't you hear? these nazis are all just joking. this is all a prank. 

they don't actually mean it

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, kazooie said:

no, didn't you hear? these nazis are all just joking. this is all a prank. 

they don't actually mean it

Yep. Just satire.

The marching by torchlight at night was totally satire of the nazis aimed at sending a message to nazis because... reasons.

article-charlottesville-6-0811.jpg

The shouting "blood and soil" while marching was a big joke making fun of Nazis to send a message to... somebody.

The beating counter-protestors and "marching to battle" against antifa was totally just looking to get a few laughs out of the victims.

12charlottesville_web10-master768.jpg

It isn't like these alt-right people have really been white nationalists and their sympathizers this whole time. They're just joking. All the people that have been saying for years that these people and groups like them are have just been trying to kill the joke.

Liberals and liberal organizations like the ACLU know it is all just a big show for everyone. That's why they pushed so that this kind of thing can happen! Centrists are so great!

aclu.PNG.def3582fa47204cf713163f29b59ba68.PNG

So funny and convincing, all of it! 

It isn't like this is an actual arm of white supremacy that has festered in the United States for centuries and consistently appears in reaction to progress!

• Like 1

oh man, i remember when i totally didnt get a warning for posting about the white nationalist rhetoric jontron was regurgitating in the jontron thread. all of those jokes he made about japan being the ideal nation due to its ethnic purity were so funny and also jokes!

or that time when people started dogpiling Deo & belittling me for even suggesting neo nazis could be dangerous

Oh Ho Ho The Many Jolly Chortles That Have Been Had Here

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

Using violent acts in the name of white supremacy as leverage to 1-up people on a furry forum out of salt over past irrelevant drama. :^)

im more just proud of past-me for being consistently correct in my predictions & arguments while on this forum, honestly

1 hour ago, kazooie said:

im more just proud of past-me for being consistently correct in my predictions & arguments while on this forum, honestly

"Who cares about the shit that's actually happening. Muh ego."

At least your motivations are nice and up front here, so no one has to take them seriously.
Not that anyone does, anyway.

D3RJzcu_large.png.c0e03d9f83b57a7c5bfba55737d456ea.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kazooie said:

You've been consistently wrong on pretty much all counts because Nazis don't exist anymore you fucking moron. lmao

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vae said:

"Who cares about the shit that's actually happening. Muh ego."

my ego has nothing to do with how shittily people treated these clearly important issues in the past, aha. in the case of Deo, it required her to herself come to the thread and knock all y'all into line

5 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

You've been consistently wrong on pretty much all counts because Nazis don't exist anymore you fucking moron. lmao

ah, im sorry, i forgot how important being pedantic is here - nazism is actually more of a loose term that people generally use to describe groups that wish to discriminate against others based on race, and who generally go around idolizing hitler and such. when people use the term "nazi" in a modern context, they don't literally mean "old political activists from the 1930's and 40's"

10 hours ago, kazooie said:

Then your convictions are fake and you actually dont care about whats going on. You just want to *say* you do to feel superior over others and morally lord over them. If this wasnt evident from how you intentionally twist words and reach for false conclusions, it is now. (And what a place to claim your "victory". A furry forum with like 30 active users. Must be a fulfilling life. Beat that bird chest proudly.)

See, Malletface might be disagreeable at times, if only for how he hammers politics in irrelevent topics, but I can respect him because he genuinely gives a shit and tries to educate people thoroughly. As opposed to acting like an ignorant, catty, white college feminist who whines about social issues they dont actually have to worry about and wont directly aid in knowing it doesnt affect them.

Argue online pretending to care. Then close the Macbook Air and sleep like a baby after a hard night of activism.

So congrats on winning an argument on the Internet? How much pussy are you gonna get from this W, big boy?

---

On the matter involving a more important person, I looked into this rally. I dont know if it was said but I find it disturbing that every politician BUT Trump and his party are calling out the bullshit going on. Directly, calling it for exactly what it is. Makes you fucking think...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tsuujou said:

Then your convictions are fake and you actually dont care about whats going on. You just want to *say* you do to feel superior over others and morally lord over them. If this wasnt evident from how you intentionally twist words and reach for false conclusions, it is now. (And what a place to claim your "victory". A furry forum with like 30 active users. Must be a fulfilling life. Beat that bird chest proudly.)

See, Malletface might be disagreeable at times, if only for how he hammers politics in irrelevent topics, but I can respect him because he genuinely gives a shit and tries to educate people thoroughly. As opposed to acting like an ignorant, catty, white college feminist who whines about social issues they dont actually have to worry about and wont directly aid in knowing it doesnt affect them.

Argue online pretending to care. Then close the Macbook Air and sleep like a baby after a hard night of activism.

So congrats on winning an argument on the Internet? How much pussy are you gonna get from this W, big boy?

ahahaha, holy shit

13 hours ago, MalletFace said:

Centrists are so great!

This but not sarcastically

People should be allowed the opportunity to speak their views without being violent. If they become violent (as is this case), then it is the job of the law to make every effort to arrest them and make sure they are forced to repent for their crimes (prison). The people at this rally were given a chance, they failed on their chance, and now they must be charged for their crimes.

• Like 1

What are white nationalists protesting anyway? They got the president they wanted, the wall will be built, the travel bans to Muslim majority countries have been issued, and the political Right is in control of both houses of Congress.

Edit: Nevermind, just found out it's a Robert E. Lee statue they don't want taken down.

6 hours ago, kazooie said:

ah, im sorry, i forgot how important being pedantic is here - nazism is actually more of a loose term that people generally use to describe groups that wish to discriminate against others based on race, and who generally go around idolizing hitler and such. when people use the term "nazi" in a modern context, they don't literally mean "old political activists from the 1930's and 40's"

The Nazis were a totalitarian political party that used the military apparatus of the state to commit mass internment and extermination. The fact that you think it's pedantic to distinguish that from a bunch of ironic edgy 20 year olds and unironic wingnuts on the fringes of society that post insane screed online is why you're a fucking retard.

Better luck trying to be clever next time, nerd.

• Like 3

The left (everyone, really)  needs to be less tolerant of this shit. No, I don't mean turning into anarchist loons starting riots, but we need to confront our family and friends who hold racist beliefs. And yes, it is pedantic to argue about semantics. These are neonazis, white supremacists, and, yes, even terrorists. They're cut from the same cloth as McVeigh, and if this were a third world country, they'd be an ISIS. 

This is a chunk of Trump's base. They've been in this country for a long time, they hid during Reconstruction and came out with Jim Crow.

Saying crap like "both sides are the same" because some harmless dipshit SJW complains about women in video games makes you part of the problem. It's that attitude that helped elect Trump, too. Yes, political correctness has gone too far. But it's not fucking killing people. You aren't seeing postmodern radfems run over men with cars. Between "gas the jews" and "All men are created equal", there is no middle ground.

If you know anyone who is a closeted racist, confront them on it. If they hold steady, break your ties with them. Name and Shame. It's better for your sanity that way.

I am scared about what these people may do if Trump is removed from office. Will they bomb a federal building? Start lynchings, shoot random people at "liberal indoctrinating" colleges?

4 minutes ago, Calemeyr said:

The left (everyone, really)  needs to be less tolerant of this shit. No, I don't mean turning into anarchist loons starting riots, but we need to confront our family and friends who hold racist beliefs. And yes, it is pedantic to argue about semantics. These are neonazis, white supremacists, and, yes, even terrorists. They're cut from the same cloth as McVeigh, and if this were a third world country, they'd be an ISIS. 

This is a chunk of Trump's base. They've been in this country for a long time, they hid during Reconstruction and came out with Jim Crow.

Saying crap like "both sides are the same" because some harmless dipshit SJW complains about women in video games makes you part of the problem. It's that attitude that helped elect Trump, too. Yes, political correctness has gone too far. But it's not fucking killing people. You aren't seeing postmodern radfems run over men with cars. Between "gas the jews" and "All men are created equal", there is no middle ground.

If you know anyone who is a closeted racist, confront them on it. If they hold steady, break your ties with them. Name and Shame. It's better for your sanity that way.

I am scared about what these people may do if Trump is removed from office. Will they bomb a federal building? Start lynchings, shoot random people at "liberal indoctrinating" colleges?

We already do, people get ostracized and fired from their jobs for far less than overt white supremacism. Did you follow the news until yesterday?

Cool essay though 6.5/10 should have posted your dick.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Calemeyr said:

I'd hold off on comparing white supremacists to ISIS, or any Muslim terrorists really. Are they dumb, dangerous, fanatical, and well-armed? Sure. But not on the same level as Muslim terrorists.

I know it won't happen, but wouldn't it be nice if we just gathered them up and sent them to Syria and see if the two can cancel each other out? Just a thought.

Edit: Also, If Trump is removed from office, they'll still have Pence. So...doubtful.

2 minutes ago, kazooie said:

that's right

its just a joke

Do you seriously believe that the nerds who post frog memes and Photoshop hearts around pictures of Hitler are for real or has it even crossed your mind that sometimes a thing appears ridiculous because it actually is?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Llamapotamus said:

ISIS Muslim terrorists Muslim terrorists.

yes, good, good

5 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

Do you seriously believe that the nerds who post frog memes and Photoshop hearts around pictures of Hitler are for real or has it even crossed your mind that sometimes a thing appears ridiculous because it actually is?

no we already agree that this is all a joke. all of the IRL young white nationalists filmed are are a complete coincidence & no one could have seen this coming!!! 

also no one is responsible either. this is the important part. absolutely no one needs to take responsibility or critically reflect upon their actions

because it was all just a prank, bro

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kazooie said:

yes, good, good

no we already agree that this is all a joke. all of the IRL young white nationalists filmed are are a complete coincidence & no one could have seen this coming!!! 

also no one is responsible either. this is the important part. absolutely no one needs to take responsibility or critically reflect upon their actions

because it was all just a prank, bro

I didn't deny that white nationalists exist. I was intimating that categorizing inarticulate alt-right nerds like Jontron and frog Twitter shitposters as Nazis and then patting yourself on the back post hoc because eventually some white nationalists showed up shows how profoundly petty you are.

White nationalism isn't my fault, and I'm an objectively more effective critic of it than you are so why don't you stop validating it with your shitty arguments and get on the level, shitlord.

When I call you a retard it's meant to be taken as a challenge to rise above the assertion, not repeatedly live up to it. One would think that subtext is something you'd be able to easily grasp considering that you're incapable of articulating a point that isn't hidden in self-assured sarcasm and irony.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

categorizing inarticulate alt-right nerds like Jontron and frog Twitter shitposters as Nazis

i never called jontron a nazi, or alt-right

10 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

I'm a critic of it

lol

vvvvv ah yes, the ol' "but they forced me to become a nazi" argument. the classic

Also can I point out how fucking funny it is that this nerd is calling upon others to reflect upon the consequences of his actions when his ideological compatriots are directly responsible for creating the neo-reactionary movement with their insane political agendas?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Battlechili said:

People should be allowed the opportunity to speak their views without being violent.

But their views are violent in themselves and consistently result in violence. One thing I hate is that some people don't realize this.

Racism is violence. Homophobia is violence, Sexism is violence. Authoritarianism is violence. Antisemitism is violence. Fundamentalism is violence.

Even without any ability to turn them into policy, allowing these views to become cultural values and norms leads to violence.

Many of these things are already set within the cultures of the U.S., and it shows. This is why LGBT youth are over-represented among homeless youth. This is why reported hate crimes may be increasing and why so many hate crimes go unreported. This is why the share of arsons and bombings of churches where the attendees are largely Black hasn't really changed in decades - though both unintentional and intentional fires are decreasing in total.

4 hours ago, Battlechili said:

If they become violent (as is this case), then it is the job of the law to make every effort to arrest them and make sure they are forced to repent for their crimes (prison). The people at this rally were given a chance, they failed on their chance, and now they must be charged for their crimes.

The thing is that law enforcement has not and usually does not deal with the violence of white supremacists in a reasonable way.

There is a reason the counter-protesters also tended to be protesting the police at the event too.

cops.thumb.png.8bd20f8a4a1a62d6d13f785086072e4b.png

"Against White Supremacy / screw the klan, the confederacy & the cops"

There exists a historical precedent for the police allying themselves with white supremacists and directing violence against those that oppose them.

It happened when the police sided with nativists, nationalists, and powerful, white businessmen during the labor movement and killed workers. It happened when the police sided with white supremacists and attempted to bomb Dr. King, his family, and his supporters. It happened, as most U.S. citizens know, when they sided with the racists and turned to dogs and water.

There really isn't evidence that this is just history, though. Without considering the fact that the police tend to kill and injure so many people - of which nonwhite individuals are over-represented, and in a number greater than the total amount of similar violent crime in my state in that year - there's a lot to suggest that police and white supremacists and other white extremists overlap quite a bit in interests and goals. The FBI has actually warned about this, and one report from them actually hints at law enforcement being a desirable place for them to be where their presence will be under-reported.

While U.S. law does actually favor the side openly calling for genocide in this case, you can see law enforcement subverting law and giving an edge to the white supremacists in Charlottesville. You can see it when the police watched counter-protesters get beaten and moved to arrest those same counter-protesters for gathering illegally. You can see it when the police defended more parking lots than they did people from white supremacists. You can see it when the police directed more effort towards confronting counter-protesters than they did the nazis shouting that they were about to go start a brawl with counter-protesters, which they did. You can even see it when the police claimed that the man that plowed through the crowd of people was acting out of fear of violence from the counter-protesters - a claim they've started to back out of now that the evidence contradicting this is so great and circulated.

1 hour ago, Zaraphayx said:

The Nazis were a totalitarian political party that used the military apparatus of the state to commit mass internment and extermination. The fact that you think it's pedantic to distinguish that from a bunch of ironic edgy 20 year olds and unironic wingnuts on the fringes of society that post insane screed online is why you're a fucking retard.

I said it earlier this week; I hate when people misunderstand the nazis and fascists throughout history in what they are and how they happened.

The early Nazi part was made of young men on the fringe. The founder was one of the oldest of the early members, and he was 35. Hitler had only just turned 30 when he joined. They were only old men from 1939 forward because that was literally twenty years after they started. They even literally fantasized about a civil war with the federal government, which many of these edgy white supremacists in the U.S. do to this day.

While people understood and respected that they had a presence, they were largely seen as fringe right up until they seized power saved the country after the death of Hindenburg and the Reichstag fire.

There's a reason Hindenberg's government made efforts to show the nazis being surrounded by moderates whenever they made official appearances before their final power-grab.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-H28422,_Reichskabinett_Adolf_Hitler.jpg

"These loons don't control our government!"

1 hour ago, Zaraphayx said:

We already do, people get ostracized and fired from their jobs for far less than overt white supremacism. Did you follow the news until yesterday?

Could we get some evidence that this kind of thing happens as opposed to exactly the opposite?

Here's the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's website if you want a start. That last website I gave isn't the best source but I thought it would be character building and a fun Sunday thing to do if you looked yourself.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kazooie said:

i never called jontron a nazi, or alt-right

lol

Of course not because you never say anything, you just imply it a lot.

And yeah, I am. I just don't do it where you can see it because no one on Phoenixed is a white nationalist making threads about establishing a Caucasian ethnostate. Unlike you I can distinguish between shitposting and genuine fascist sentiment.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zaraphayx said:

Also can I point out how fucking funny it is that this nerd is calling upon others to reflect upon the consequences of his actions when his ideological compatriots are directly responsible for creating the neo-reactionary movement with their insane political agendas?

VjG3v6x.png

you're almost there!

• Like 1

I was talking about something involving a friend with my dad, and when I said "his boyfriend," he stopped me right in my tracks.

Wait... boyfriend? Yeah... I'm really not down with that. Just the whole "guy with a guy" thing... no.

anyway...

My dad isn't a bad person by any means, but I really thought he would be above that.

Okay, since I guess it didn't register the first time :

1 hour ago, willow said:

Make a new thread if you want to talk about this.

Stop discussing it here and go make a new thread.

If need be, I can move posts, but this is not the thread for this discussion

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

The feeling that at least half the people here dislike me whenever I try to involve myself in things.

I shouldn't care.

But I do.

I don't really know you but you seem nice enough? Someone count me in the other half if there is such a division.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Kaizy said:

I love submitting 20+ applications to various companies, and the only one that contacts me back is the fucking pyramid scheme.

That does wonders for my confidence lol

I've had that happen to me before.

Except I couldn't even be on the scheme because I can't drive!

2 hours ago, Llamapotamus said:

???

I dunno, sometimes the forums make me feel like a twat whenever I try to involve myself into something more than just the general chatting or games.

It's why I rarely ever step out of them in the first place.

• Like 1

I hate the fact that none of my Nuclear Engineering classes have the required text books posted (and class starts Monday) but my gen ed health course (intro to running) does......Maybe the nuclear engineering courses don't require text books (fingers crossed)...

• Like 2

On 16/08/2017 at 9:17 AM, U-235 said:

I hate the fact that none of my Nuclear Engineering classes have the required text books posted (and class starts Monday) but my gen ed health course (intro to running) does......Maybe the nuclear engineering courses don't require text books (fingers crossed)...

THAT WOULD BE A GODSEND, I normally only buy like half of my required text books because dayum they're pricey. Good luck!

59 minutes ago, Shadowclone678886 said:

the question to make an account on this forum

it kept not letting me make my account

Hey, if you like you can pm one of the mods and explain what difficulties you're having and we might be able to help you.

• Like 1