Things that you hate! v2

Sar

People entering transit vehicles before everyone left it, creating a massive pile-up and delaying trains. Is it really that hard to wait 1 minute?

7 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Television news is all filler and hype, relying on it for honest, non biased news is never a good idea.

I second this, IMO media tries to get all the attention it can get and tries to exaggerate and doom-say as many things as possible. When you look it up or verify it 9 out of 10 times it aint all that bad as its cracked up to be.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Leafblowers. Use a fucking rake, and don't be so lazy! The exhaust stinks to high hell, and all that dust. As soon to be dictator, I shall outlaw them.

>what are electric yard tools

>implying im gonna use a rake on a concrete driveway

21 hours ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

Is huffington post really a legitimate source of news or just a platform for left-winged propaganda?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dont-blame-the-media-for-offending-trump-supporters_us_582cd025e4b0d28e552149c0

Left wing propaganda.

That being said, if they're right that the media is offending Trump supporters, then the trump supporters should stick a tampon in, put their diapers on, and stop whining. Or find a safe space to hang out.

12 minutes ago, Rhíulchabán said:

That I am addicted to Animal Crossing and there isn't a new one out yet because it won't exist until the Switch is released... and if they release one on it I might have to change my stance on buying consoles and buy a Switch just for AC... :S

The big update for ACNL added "Welcome Amiibo" or something like that to the title, so technically it is a different game now. 

8 hours ago, Rhíulchabán said:

Hmm... didn't hear about this, looking into it now... it looks like you might be able to update old copies of NL to this new version without re-buying it?

8 hours ago, Rhíulchabán said:

Hmm... didn't hear about this, looking into it now... it looks like you might be able to update old copies of NL to this new version without re-buying it?

It's literally just an update available for the game. A big update that adds missions and Amiibo functionality.

On 11/18/2016 at 7:07 AM, Socketosis said:

That so many people are leaving. Everything is falling apart at the seams... it seems.

List of people that have left so far (some may be unconfirmed):

Forgetting anyone?

Enigma (and Ampers& is banned.)

Yeah, things are kinda falling apart right now. We'll put it back together though, we always do.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Yeah, things are kinda falling apart right now. We'll put it back together though, we always do.

I am afraid there are more people leaving than new ones entering

Which is sad because I liked most of the individuals who have left. People leaving imposes a snowball effect, as in, the more people leave, the more likely even more people will leave. Even I have pondered saying goodbye forever because frankly, I feel this place is becoming deserted and uninteresting

Also, I am personally very sad and disappointed that Enigma got banned

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

I also miss seeing @Astus, as well as @Saxon. And I'll miss @Enigma a lot. And I miss and am concerned for @Johanna Waya

Well, and I'll always miss @Ricky

~

I've only been actively posting about 5 months here, but it does seem like there's a lot more furs leaving, than joining, and being at all active...hopefully, this can be turned around, as it has seemed to be stuck in two modes: dead, or drama-laden. But my main plan is to post things that are welcoming and inclusive, as much as I can, be friendly, have decent manners, reach out, and also continue to express my own crazy thoughts and ideas.

Oh, and that sassy Bass, @#00Buck got banned, almost forgot.

Geez, this is getting to be like some kinda soap opera....

Days-of-our-Lives-November-8-1965.png

Axiom: If there are furries, then there is drama. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Snagged Cub said:

I am afraid there are more people leaving than new ones entering

Which is sad because I liked most of the individuals who have left. People leaving imposes a snowball effect, as in, the more people leave, the more likely even more people will leave. Even I have pondered saying goodbye forever because frankly, I feel this place is becoming deserted and uninteresting

Also, I am personally very sad and disappointed that Enigma got banned

Oh no, no. Enigma isn't banned. He just left. People can still come back later on.

I too am concerned by the slow trickle of new members, but all we can do is encourage those who do join and maybe spread the word to other friends.

1 minute ago, DrGravitas said:

Oh no, no. Enigma isn't banned. He just left. People can still come back later on

Happens when you don't fact check yourself and instead rely on something said by someone else which you misinterpreted anyway :P

My bad

But I'll miss him. Hopefully this shit storm of a drama didn't leave pernament bitter taste in his mouth

• Like 1

On 11/18/2016 at 7:07 AM, Socketosis said:

That so many people are leaving. Everything is falling apart at the seams... it seems.

Forgetting anyone?

On 11/18/2016 at 7:57 AM, DrGravitas said:

Can the rest of the people I enjoy and respect not flee or get run off before I speak to them? Please and thank you.

Drama really sucks. I might need to start jumping in more so I don't get cut off from people.

On 11/18/2016 at 8:25 AM, DrGravitas said:

I too am concerned by the slow trickle of new members, but all we can do is encourage those who do join and maybe spread the word to other friends.

Which reminds me that I never respond to introduction posts. Might need to start doing that.

• Like 5

As far as I can see it ain't dead yet. The community may get smaller, but that doesn't mean necessarily mean dying. That is, until people start to form small groups of different niches that would like to go elsewhere. Then again, I am new to this community so hey, my 2 cents might not be worth the banter.

• Like 3

It's surprising to see how fragile things actually were. 

All it took was one real issue, and it all crumbled. 

I don't really understand it, but then I don't disagree with it. 

I'm still posting, but I think I'll take a step back and leave it at harmless shitposting.

I'll do my part and keep things friendly and welcoming  (◡‿◡✿) 

• Like 3

On 11/14/2016 at 11:33 PM, Red Lion said:

Feeling like I don't really belong anywhere. No matter how much I like a place or people I never seem to get close enough to feel like I've got any kind of root hold. So as time goes by and I sense some kind of change in attitude or conflict on the rise I end up packing up and leaving instead of sticking it out and seeing things through. I've never had the feeling of a permanent "place" and I'm starting to wonder if I ever will. 

I don't think it WAS just one issue. At least it wasn't for me. The environment around here has gotten steadily more hostile, even the shit-posting lost its harmless fun tone and moved on to having undertones of resentment and aggression. Combine that with the fact that most of the users on this site have their own IRL struggles and at this point in time Phoenix started being one more place of stress and unhappiness for people who already have more of that than they can handle. 

Some of us will be back. I probably will after things settle, if they do settle, and there are still people I like hanging around that I enjoy. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

I don't think it WAS just one issue. At least it wasn't for me. The environment around here has gotten steadily more hostile, even the shit-posting lost its harmless fun tone and moved on to having undertones of resentment and aggression. Combine that with the fact that most of the users on this site have their own IRL struggles and at this point in time Phoenix started being one more place of stress and unhappiness for people who already have more of that than they can handle. 

Some of us will be back. I probably will after things settle, if they do settle, and there are still people I like hanging around that I enjoy. 

I agree. I should have said it was the breaking point for many. What i more wanted to say is that is surprises me how unstable it all was. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rhíulchabán said:

That I don't know how to deal with everything.

All I can offer is an internet hug.

19 minutes ago, Hux said:

Phoenix'd will rise from the ashes.

I'll be the admin when it does. I will be "Commissar Hux".

No. It's time for HHM protocol. Hitler Hyena Mod. :V

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Recel said:

All I can offer is an internet hug.

No. It's time for HHM protocol. Hitler Hyena Mod. :V

Haven't you seen the Lion King? Bad shit happens when you let hyenas rule the roost. 

The people of Peenix need a gay, retarded Communist dog that will voice the will of the common furry.

Furry people want yiffs and a shitpost.

• Like 2

To be perfectly honest? A significant portion of this forum's user base--but more specifically about three or four members (one of which apparently got thrown out with the bath water not too long ago).

The passive-aggressive-assholery-dressed-up-as-harmless-shitposting, nonstop Breitbart-quoting (you know exactly who you are), and Rassah bashing (this man literally can't get ONE post or thread in without a certain low-seed nerd mucking it up with a snarky response EVERY SINGLE TIME, L-O-L) has gotten old as sin.

New forum? Laughing My Fucking Ass Off. Same type of petty drama, same hopeless losers, and (quite literally) the same unlikeable personalities.

The new stuff? A different paint job.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Shill Sham said:

Thanksgiving.  Least favorite holiday for a variety of reasons.

Easter is a close second.

If you're an adult then you should hate Christmas :V

5 minutes ago, I Did It For The Cat Girls said:

To be perfectly honest? A significant portion of this forum's user base--but more specifically about three or four members (one of which apparently got thrown out with the bath water not too long ago).

The passive-aggressive-assholery-dressed-up-as-harmless-shitposting, nonstop Breitbart-quoting (you know exactly who you are), and Rassah bashing (this man literally can't get ONE post or thread in without a certain low-seed nerd mucking it up with a snarky response EVERY SINGLE TIME, L-O-L) has gotten old as sin.

New forum? Laughing My Fucking Ass Off. Same type of petty drama, same hopeless losers, and (quite literally) the same unlikeable personalities

The new stuff? A different paint job.

79a30d86727c4adc34e3504b891ff9f1.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I also miss seeing @Astus, as well as @Saxon. And I'll miss @Enigma a lot. And I miss and am concerned for @Johanna Waya

Well, and I'll always miss @Ricky

~

I've only been actively posting about 5 months here, but it does seem like there's a lot more furs leaving, than joining, and being at all active...hopefully, this can be turned around, as it has seemed to be stuck in two modes: dead, or drama-laden. But my main plan is to post things that are welcoming and inclusive, as much as I can, be friendly, have decent manners, reach out, and also continue to express my own crazy thoughts and ideas.

Oh, and that sassy Bass, @#00Buck got banned, almost forgot.

Geez, this is getting to be like some kinda soap opera....

Days-of-our-Lives-November-8-1965.png

Axiom: If there are furries, then there is drama. 

I still stalk around here; just don't have enough energy between school, work, and baseball to read any long posts or such

• Like 1

⚠ STUPID SAPPY OVERLY-DRAMATIC EMOTIONAL RANT ALERT ⚠

I hate the fact I can't seem to move on or accept change. I know that 'change' is a fact of life, that it's inevitable and that there's never anything you're gonna be able to do to stop it, but dammit, I have a right to be sad. I have a right to wallow in my memories and a right to want to turn the clock back a few years. I was 16 a few years ago. I had a good group of friends, and a lot I was looking forward to. My friends and I hung out nearly every day, just exploring our hometown and the nearby area and basically thinking we were kings of everything. Then school ended, and some of us went t o separate colleges (a place you go for what is essentially junior and senior year of high school), but we all remained in our hometown so meeting up and spending more time together was never really an issue.

Then university started. I was thrilled beyond belief at first: finally, I'm gonna get away from my parents and have the freedom to do nearly anything! I'm gonna be totally in charge of my own life. Cut to 5 days later, and I'm in my bedroom, on the phone to my friend, in tears, basically begging to come home. I only live an hour away from my hometown, and I'm currently back there for a visit, but with all my friends staying behind, I've realised just how good I had it. Instead, I was convinced that I was gonna come home after 3 years and everything would be different. My friends would be gone, my brother (who is basically one of my best friends) will have moved out, my grandmother may be on her deathbed, and my dog may be dead (he's a 12 year old Labrador!). On top of all that, I'm gonna be working 9-to-5 and have no time for anything else. It just makes me realise how much I took for granted: that night I was asked if I wanted to go out with my friends and I said 'nah, I'm not feeling it tonight', or when my brother asked if we wanted to watch a movie together and I said no because I was too busy, or even just speaking to your friends on Skype or Teamspeak. Now, I have no time for that, and I feel as though I have to live my life somewhere else for 3 years and come home to a completely different situation.

My homesickness was really bad for a while, too. I couldn't eat anything at all, I never left my bedroom and I got really ill. I've gotten much better since, but there's always a part of me that longs to be home.

I'm doing good at university, I have plenty of friends, I've met some super interesting people, and I'm doing really well in my studies. But I'm not home. And when I come back, home will be very different. I don't want it to be different.

• Like 3

@Wax

I'm a similar deal. I'm at uni an hour away from home and many things are lonely, scary and frightening. I have friends here, but I'm a pretty timid person and I don't think I'm enjoying things the way a student should. I've spent all day in my room because I'm too afraid and apathetic to go out and do things with people. It takes a lot of energy. 
Hell, most people around me get easy regular sex from picking people up at the student club, but I'm an unconfident virgin who is very quick to give up on everything.

It's scary. First night of uni, I went out clubbing with my flat, lost everyone from my flat, and spent the night wandering scared and alone until I went back at 3am.

If you do get the time and need someone else to chat with, feel free to say hi on Discord. I do surprisingly little a lot of the time

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

I'm a similar deal. I'm at uni an hour away from home and many things are lonely, scary and frightening. I have friends here, but I'm a pretty timid person and I don't think I'm enjoying things the way a student should. I've spent all day in my room because I'm too afraid and apathetic to go out and do things with people. It takes a lot of energy. 
Hell, most people around me get easy regular sex from picking people up at the student club, but I'm an unconfident virgin who is very quick to give up on everything.

It's scary. First night of uni, I went out clubbing with my flat, lost everyone from my flat, and spent the night wandering scared and alone until I went back at 3am.

If you do get the time and need someone else to chat with, feel free to say hi on Discord. I do surprisingly little a lot of the time

It's weird. I'm nearly always 100% exhausted at uni, because I think it's just a lasting-effect of the homesickness. I've had the classic 'fresher' experience too - I've been out fairly regularly, drank loads, done stupid shit, had a hookup, etc. But I'm just so tired all the time. To be fair, I have lectures every weekday and work two jobs.

But compare that to when I'm back home. I'm so much more energised, always drinking my friends under the table and we go out pretty much all the time. Probably just because I want to make as many memories as possible before I graduate and have to work a full-time job.

I'll probably take you up on your discord offer, though. It's just hard to find a free few hours when I'm not in lectures, studying, working or sleeping.

19 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

I had occasional bouts of homesickness while away at college, too. Oddly enough, I found that watching a good comedy movie tended to help me.

Yeah, I've been pretty much binge-watching Family Guy these past few weeks, but I'm running out of good seasons, so need to move on soon. Finished The Get Down, How I Met Your Mother, and Black Mirror is in progress.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2016 at 9:07 AM, Socketosis said:

Forgetting anyone?

6tails, who's ban has expired but he hasn't come back. 00buck. There are others that were mentioned that aren't banned just leave for long periods of times.

This place has become a bit hostile.

On 11/18/2016 at 9:47 AM, Sir Gibby said:

We've been doing those things before America was even a country, that's why

Yea but now we're the super power so the world has to do things OUR WAY

*nationalistic bullying*
*waves nukes*

17 hours ago, I Did It For The Cat Girls said:

To be fair Rassah does it to himself most of the time. He pops in some unrelated thread, whines about the evils of government, and then assumes a rather condescending and matter-of-fact type of parental attitude that he knows everything and we're all children that would be way better off if we'd just listen to daddy Rassah-know-it-all and buy his bitcoins.

• Like 2