Things that you hate! v2

Sar

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

Why is having cartoon antlers on your car bad?

I wouldn't say I hate them, but I will say they are rather corny. The antlers were cute at first, but now they're just everywhere around here. The eyelashes were never cute and will always be an awful idea in my mind.

20 hours ago, Hux said:

I've been dumping to much time in Mass Effect. I've always been this weirdo who has play as every class and with multiple different renegade and paragon characters.

It's a massive time dump.

I love the original Mass Effect so much. I need to play it again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wax said:

I love the original Mass Effect so much. I need to play it again!

Yeah ME1 is great. What does ME2 have? Scanning planets for hours on end to gather resources so your crew doesn't die attacking the Collector base. I'll take the mako over that.

Then again, ME2 has Miranda's ass, everyone's favorite character.

11 minutes ago, Hux said:

Yeah ME1 is great. What does ME2 have? Scanning planets for hours on end to gather resources so your crew doesn't die attacking the Collector base. I'll take the mako over that.

Then again, ME2 has Miranda's ass, everyone's favorite character.

Mass Effect 2 is the only one you can start a relationship with Garrus in,
so it's the only one that matters.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Who the fuck thought making an emoji movie was a good idea? I hope it flops.

It reminds me of other ideas I have found equally as stupid: Transformers, Battleship. So much senseless flash and action and endless commodification.

Not for me.

Call me a crab-ass and a snob, but it's more plonk for the masses, I guess.

Though, also, to each their own...I need to have some substance/theme/plot/deeper meaning for a film to engage me; it's very hard to watch movies just 'for entertainment', unless they are B movies that are so bad, they're good. And then, while drunk and /or stoned. But no drug on earth could make this film bearable...

Just now, Fossa-Boy said:

It reminds me of other ideas I have found equally as stupid: Transformers, Battleship. So much senseless flash and action and endless commodification.

Not for me.

Call me a crab-ass and a snob, but it's more plonk for the masses, I guess.

Though, also, to each their own...I need to have some substance/theme/plot/deeper meaning for a film to engage me; it's very hard to watch movies just 'for entertainment', unless they are B movies that are so bad, they're good. And then, while drunk and /or stoned. But no drug on earth could make this film bearable...

Even then, Transformers at least has a whole back story that has been around since the start, including many comics and cartoons. And the first Michael Bay Transformers was actually pretty good, although the sequels are shit.

But I agree that Battleship is fucking stupid. Taking a game about naval war and turning it into a movie with aliens? What kind of drugs were they smoking?

10 hours ago, Hux said:

Part of why I liked ME1 so much too is because the story was exciting and original. You didn't know what the reapers were or how to stop them but you knew you had to fight. I remember loving the story of ME1 when I played it!

The exploration was so good too. I loved just visiting random planets in the Mako for hours on end!

1 hour ago, Mayonnaise said:

Combined news article. Imam jailed for khalwat then suddenly a man sleeps with his cows then suddenly something about an aspiring artist. If there's no connecting event, why the hell are they thrown together?

Maybe it was all one big performance art piece? Huh....

6 hours ago, Mayonnaise said:

Combined news article. Imam jailed for khalwat then suddenly a man sleeps with his cows then suddenly something about an aspiring artist. If there's no connecting event, why the hell are they thrown together?

Are you sure it was combined and not just one of those online articles where they show you the article you want at the top of the page, but as you scroll down it shows related articles from the same issue?

Speaking of breakups, some fur friends of mine got a divorce. I've kinda had my suspicions seeing them get testy over minor petty stuff, but I figured it was normal relationship tension. They're pretty good people and it's sad to see it happen but it seems both sides wanted the separation; instead of a legal battle they just went and signed the paperwork.

5 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Steam doesn't have its shit together. The holiday sale rendered the service all but unusable, as now it is impossible to connect.

If we're talking Valve, I hate the fact they clearly aren't gonna fucking release Half-Life 3.

• Like 3

When your local comic store has a comic on your pull list but doesn't get it in.

Salt to the wounds when they go "lawl sorry we didn't get it" and not give a fuck.

Amazon/Ebay don't have it either, so either not enough copies were printed or there was a printing error. Either way I'm 4/5 on The Hunt and super unhappy about it.

My roommate is being a dick...again

I was watching something funny, so I laughed
And he pipes in that "It's not that funny, you don't need to laugh out loud to it"
I finally had it and told him to fuck off
that I deal with his bullshit all the fucking time
His loud ass gaming
his rude attitude
everything

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

My roommate is being a dick...again

I was watching something funny, so I laughed
And he pipes in that "It's not that funny, you don't need to laugh out loud to it"
I finally had it and told him to fuck off
that I deal with his bullshit all the fucking time
His loud ass gaming
his rude attitude
everything

My offer to beat him up still stands. Tell him to meet me at the jungle gym after I get out of school.

I'll make him drink his own bing water. That'll show 'em.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Some Youtuber's made a pretty good point:

If they release it it'll never live up to the hype and most will hate it. It's better they just don't release it by now.

I just want to see how the story ends! That's all I ask!

On 22/12/2016 at 10:43 PM, Fossa-Boy said:

Maybe it was all one big performance art piece? Huh....

On 23/12/2016 at 3:50 AM, Wax said:

Are you sure it was combined and not just one of those online articles where they show you the article you want at the top of the page, but as you scroll down it shows related articles from the same issue?

They put " > " to tell the different parts apart.

On 12/23/2016 at 7:22 AM, Saxon said:

The television show 'Grey's anatomy', because it is the only result when I am seeking to find anatomical illustrations from the book 'Gray's anatomy'.

I didn't see. Look for a collection, like this: 

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Gray's_Anatomy_plates

You can find them for many important books. Internet Archive is a good place to start.

• Like 3

The fact that my mother uses the cheapest DSL on the planet and it's only mildly faster than dialup. And in fact, when we're both on the internet it's slower than dialup. She refuses to get better internet because it's her house, which is a good point, but I hate using it when I'm over. Let's just get to eating already.

1 hour ago, Crazy Lee said:

The fact that my mother uses the cheapest DSL on the planet and it's only mildly faster than dialup. And in fact, when we're both on the internet it's slower than dialup. She refuses to get better internet because it's her house, which is a good point, but I hate using it when I'm over. Let's just get to eating already.

As far as I know dialup is only used in very remote places now such as bits of the US where I hear off rumours that you can only get Verizon or AT&T and that's all in such places.

My memories of it in the UK where when the only ISP for some time was pipepex (later talktalk). We also got loads of AOL install discs just like most of the US may recall getting even though it made little sense for them to do them here. Nobody I knew used AIM but a relative I knew used AOL explorer (dolled up IE) but they where very IT illiterate.

The UKs internet infrastructure is godawful by the way as we have a few fibre and mostly crappy copper phone lines (some have aluminium which is worse still due to differences in conductivity) and once you get to Scotland your only option in the sticks is expensive satellite internet.

5 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

I feel your pain. I had to deal with real shitty DSL for a few years and it was dreadful. Even the price for it was ridiculous.

Was woken up this morning hearing my apartment manager losing his temper as usual because he has anger issues, and yelling at a tenant who had angered him. The tenant seemed pretty mellow about the whole thing. But my manager was doing his usual "Fight me. Come on, fight me. Let's scrap" shit.

I don't know why the apartment manager tries to pick fights with tenants when he gets angry at them, but I believe it's because if he fights the tenant, he can call the police and then claim the tenant attacked him, then have the tenant arrested, and then empty his apartment out on the curb. Bypasses those pesky eviction court dates. Just get them arrested then kick them out.

I'm not even shitting you on this. Manager has violent anger issues, landlord/owner is a greedy republican who only cares about making money and runs the place like a slum... cuts corners every-fucking-where. It's gonna backfire one of these days and the owner's gonna be sued. Hell, I'm collecting evidence myself so I can save my own ass, and if I have to, unleash a horde of lawyers on that landlord like it's walking dead.

When you ask someone what their favorute music is and they just say "Oh, I listen to everything"

Augh! No you dont stop it! Like...I get that you appreciate all kinds of music but no you dont listen to Peruvian Deathgothcore metal or Whitenoisespace raver tenormentalism. 

I dont get anything out of "I listen to everything"...like...what are your some of your favorite bands? What did you listen to recently that you enjoy? What song speaks to you and hass a good message? What genre is interesting? I might not listen to what you do but it helps if you explain what you like...

A silly little peeve of mine that irritates me.

I dont ask often because Im terrible at conversation but when I do and I get this answer its just like well fuck where do I go from here?

• Like 5