Things that you hate! v2

Sar

1 hour ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

It's not as so much as a hate as a bother?

I dunno, something about stereotypical, sex-oriented, flamey gay guys really bugs me like...
It makes me think that this is why people had negative connotations about gay guys and people still do it and it bugs me. Especially if they have some of that SJW mixed in their personality as well (like joking/complaining/whatever about whites and straight guys)

But I shouldn't talk about how other people should live their life I guess

I read this as 'not as so much as a hate as a boner?' so I am probably one of these guys, lol.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

It's not as so much as a hate as a bother?

I dunno, something about stereotypical, sex-oriented, flamey gay guys really bugs me like...
It makes me think that this is why people had negative connotations about gay guys and people still do it and it bugs me. Especially if they have some of that SJW mixed in their personality as well (like joking/complaining/whatever about whites and straight guys)

But I shouldn't talk about how other people should live their life I guess

Sounds like they're (the SJW variety) trying to annoy people so they can then complain about these alleged homophobes

• Like 1

Really can't stand when people take me too seriously. 
You've got socially inept people (around here sometimes too) who read too deeply into the shit I say when I usually go out of my way to leave ample, obvious, and boisterous context clues that I'm either making a joke, being facetious, or saying something tongue in cheek if I'm taking the piss. 

Whether or not you think I'm funny is fine, but most of the things I say aren't personal or meant to put someone down. I think I've only actually gone at someone's throat but a couple of times in the last 2 years.

Most of yahoo answers is essentially just someone googling the answer for you and copypasting what they find.

I always hated that...I always wanted to go on there to be find something genuinely new and some commentary from people who know something I dont or something that you have to search a bit deeper for, not something that pops up on the first page, I wouldnt go out of my way to ask a damn question and wait for a response if thats the case

Also...I remember a time when my dad was genuinely upset at the whole "gay pride" movement, saying pride itself was also quite a sinful attribute (y'know like the kind in seven deadly sins and such). Im incredibly confused as to why pride was wrong in that context certainly there's nothing wrong with being proud of something (Apparently the term 'proud' is used in both positive and negative contexts, and I can never tell which one is supposedly which).

...and then I realized how hypocritical it is for them to bash on gay pride when "Proud to be an American" is a thing. I've seen it time and time again people always finding dumb reasons to bash homosexuality...like that gay men are statistically pedophiles or victims of pedophilia, or that the divorce rates in gay marriage are high. Just...have you seen the divorce rates in straight marriage, and the amount of adults/children abusing/abused that arent gay?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Im incredibly confused as to why pride was wrong in that context certainly there's nothing wrong with being proud of something 

Pride gives you to a lot of arrogance and conceit, and it is difficult to check. Assuming you care about trying to improve yourself and seek "good" in the first place, pride seriously limits your success. If not, hubris is still a limitation. Between the two humility is a virtue by its own merits.

Humility is not self loathing, by the way. It may be nothing more than recognizing your limitations as an individual. But pride is more fun, so people enjoy it as long as it's their own.

As for the gay thing, males are particularly susceptible to a sensation of disgust regarding homosexuality. It is another area where pride, or self righteousness, can get you in trouble if you aren't watching it.

• Like 2

My thoughts on Gay Pride is that, having been instructed to feel ashamed, the strongest rebellion is a proclamation of pride in oneself.

By comparison pride in our nationality is something that we've all usually been told that we are expected to feel, and sometimes even that we should feel guilty if we don't feel it.

• Like 1

I hate family reunions. I put myself out there and try to socialize with these people, but all they do is nag, ignore, and belittle me. If I stick my neck out and talk to someone, I'm either flatly ignored or derided. Then everybody bitches at me for not being sociable. 

It's feels bad knowing that my own relatives hold me in antipathy.

I'm so lonely and pathetic. I always go out of my way to make people happy and they just shit all over me.

I feel subhuman.

Real life Hux is depressing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

It doesn't even know what's wrong with itself, so it just gave up.

If it means anything, the game was published by Ubisoft.

I had to reinstall the game, which took about an hour and a half. Luckily, since the game is an MMO of sorts I did not lose any game progress, which is good because I have several vehicles close to having maxed out stats, and many more to level up.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hux said:

I hate family reunions. I put myself out there and try to socialize with these people, but all they do is nag, ignore, and belittle me. If I stick my neck out and talk to someone, I'm either flatly ignored or derided. Then everybody bitches at me for not being sociable. 

It's feels bad knowing that my own relatives hold me in antipathy.

I'm so lonely and pathetic. I always go out of my way to make people happy and they just shit all over me.

I feel subhuman.

Real life Hux is depressing.

Look, I know many people who have been in your situation.

Good people surrounded by toxic people, black sheeped for being decent in a shitty family. Don't blame yourself

• Like 2

How easily, and with such intensity, people will hate a group of people. It is as if that transferring to a group identity from individuals removes the humanity, and allows people to attribute their darkest nightmares to strangers, and allows them to, without remorse, contemplate their destruction.

• Like 7

On 2/14/2017 at 10:16 AM, Jtrekkie said:

It is as if that transferring to a group identity from individuals removes the humanity, and allows people to attribute their darkest nightmares to strangers, and allows them to, without remorse, contemplate their destruction.

If you think people can't hate individuals, you haven't met very many people.

OT: Fullscreen phone ads.
Whoever created these should be castrated.

• Like 3

This week has been a disaster and today looks to be something of a capstone to it. A problem was discovered with a program job that needs to fixed today. It's with the most difficult-to-test module, of course.

I look at the code the remote dev team did and it's awful! They clearly knew it wasn't working and opted to scatter catches to swallow and hide the exceptions! For 3 months we have not been transmitting this information because of this.

Edit: On the brightside, I just found out Monday is a holiday for our client and therefore me too! 8D

@DrGravitas I can sympathise. Late last year I had to fix a massive bunch of issues in an app written by another agency. The code was so bad that they were hiding the fact that it crashed upon being sent to the background by... wait for it... forcing the app to quit whenever it was sent to the background. You had to log in again every time you opened it and you lost all persistent data.

Oy vey.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

I look at the code the remote dev team did and it's awful! They clearly knew it wasn't working and opted to scatter catches to swallow and hide the exceptions! For 3 months we have not been transmitting this information because of this.

Is this team located in India by any chance?

• Like 1

No. They're on the client-site. So it's entirely affordable for me to fly over to them with my 3 day weekend and personally wring their necks!

Always irritating to have to clean up after somebody's retarded decisions. Thankfully I'm good at that and this presents a perfectly reasonable justification for giving us more oversight of their team. Maybe we can catch this sort of near-sighted thinking BEFORE it wrecks a system!

• Like 1

I was on theater cleaning duty today, and not even an hour in I walk into a theater and it smells of funk. Turns out some special needs person soiled herself right on one of the seats, and I could tell she has just been sitting in it for the length of the film for it had grown quite stagnant and the stench had spread through the theater. Her father was like "My daughter had an accident, I don't know what to tell you." Well, asshole, you are responsible for your daughter, and your lack of responsibility angers me. If your daughter struggles with keeping her fluids in, you should have her wear a diaper instead of letting her piss everywhere like a goddamn animal. And if she randomly soiled herself, you should get her cleaned up immediately instead of letting her sit in her urine for 2 fucking hours. 

And as if that weren't enough to throw me off, when I was doing trash later I accidentally handled a cup someone deliberately peed in (different theater, just lazy and disgusting people). What's so fucking hard about getting up to use the restroom like a decent human being? 

People are the fucking worst.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

I have a "resting intense face".

Kinda like resting bitch face but I just look like I'm intensely focusing when I'm in fact somewhere far in my own head.

use it to your advantage and be glad you don't have the opposite, like me.  i can be hard at work and people will walk up and wave their hands in my face thinking i've zoned out.  i guess it doesn't help that i do zone out regularly anyway, but dammit this time i was reading something.

anyway i also hate that i'm literally the only person at work who doesn't smoke, and that all the smokers feel the need to stand as close to the front door as possible on their break.  i have to walk through some kind of multi-directional smokescreen several times a night just to do my job.  and a lot of them smoke those gross little sweet cigars.

1 minute ago, Gator said:

use it to your advantage and be glad you don't have the opposite, like me.  i can be hard at work and people will walk up and wave their hands in my face thinking i've zoned out.  i guess it doesn't help that i do zone out regularly anyway, but dammit this time i was reading something.

anyway i also hate that i'm literally the only person at work who doesn't smoke, and that all the smokers feel the need to stand as close to the front door as possible on their break.  i have to walk through some kind of multi-directional smokescreen several times a night just to do my job.  and a lot of them smoke those gross little sweet cigars.

I'm not entirely sure if that's what they mean when they say I've a face like that, but it's how I'd interpret it.

I zone out constantly, my eyes are always somewhere else than where they need to be

31 minutes ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

I'm not entirely sure if that's what they mean when they say I've a face like that, but it's how I'd interpret it.

I zone out constantly, my eyes are always somewhere else than where they need to be

"i'm up HERE"

hadto

43 minutes ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

I have a "resting intense face".

Kinda like resting bitch face but I just look like I'm intensely focusing when I'm in fact somewhere far in my own head.

I have a standard RBF, myself. People always think I'm angry when I'm working :/

ImNotMadFox2.png

• Like 4

This happened earlier this week

screen.jpg

The clear thing next to it was the tempered glass cover that was SUPPOSED to protect it.

Not only that, but the LCD is borked as well. $80 for a new assembly. Joy.

Also, as I mentioned in the dental parking thread, people who park like this when the lot/structure is full. They need to be sacrificed to the blood god.

suv.jpgvan.jpg

• Like 1

Stories that build something up, and build something up,
but the reveal turns out to be the most flaccid, boring shit.

source.gif

Of all these options you were alluding to, you had to pick the absolute dead least emotionally-compelling one.

• Like 3