Things that you hate! v2

Sar

when the ipod is borked and i don't even know how to describe what's wrong with it to get help because it appears to be several things at once.

i sure as hell can't afford a new one of these ;;v;;

Whenever I'm on the computer, my dog insists on sleeping right behind my chair. It's cute until I accidentally roll into her when I'm getting up because she occasionally manages to sneak up on me without me realizing it.

5 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

Other girls get stalked because they're pretty.

I get stalked because I carded someone at work and they thought I had their package and wanted to come get it.

I know it's probably not appropriate to wish to be stalked in some capacity buuuuuut yeah validation please can I have it =V

You're pretty and I know where you live <3

6 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

I get stalked because I carded someone at work and they thought I had their package and wanted to come get it.

I know it's probably not appropriate to wish to be stalked in some capacity buuuuuut yeah validation please can I have it =V

This post reminded me of this:

DejaVu.PNG.3311db2cbe02e5b9f0f68ee28c17057e.PNG

(I know that's not you, but I'll send a Stalker Invite if you want :P )

I just had a door to door salesman come to my house and ask me, "Hello, is your mommy or daddy home?"

No. I am the homeowner.

No. I don't want to purchase carpet cleaning service

And even if I for some reason did need carpet cleaning service I wouldn't get it from your company you condescending prick. I'm nearly 30 years old for fucks sake, so no my "mommy and daddy" aren't home.

Ugh, I know I have a youthful appearance but hell its annoying sometimes. I have the same problem furniture shopping. Go into a place planning to drop 3-5 grand and no one will give me the time of day because I look young and they assume I don't have money.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

I've been stalked because of this reason.
It's not fun.

Just remember that whoever has to result to stalking another person isn't going to rank anywhere even tolerable on the desirability scale anyway.

Speaking of hating things.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

I just had a door to door salesman come to my house and ask me, "Hello, is your mommy or daddy home?"

I've gotten that before. I have facial hair for that reason, though I hate it. Also, starting with "I am planning on purchasing today" usually helps, too.

54 minutes ago, Gator said:

not being allowed to open a window even though that's the only thing that keeps my room from smelling like a garbage pit  8^)

What even?

On 07/01/2017 at 7:35 PM, Vae said:

I've been stalked because of this reason.
It's not fun.

Just remember that whoever has to result to stalking another person isn't going to rank anywhere even tolerable on the desirability scale anyway.

Speaking of hating things.

My mom had a stalker when she was back in college. She was afraid for her life and at that time the police couldn't do shit even if they wanted to (which they frequently didn't, because '70s misogyny). I'm really sorry to hear that you went through any of that. Nobody should have to deal with that.

my supervisor

>clean the bathrooms at work
>go about the rest of my business

>get off the clock
>supervisor follows me to the car, taps on my window, and asks me if i'm going to leave without cleaning the bathrooms???

>proceeds to try arguing with me about it for several minutes as i insist that i cleaned, swept, and mopped all 3 bathrooms--not long before the store opened, meaning whatever mess she's talking about probably happened when i wasn't even on the clock or shortly before i left.

but apparently if someone used the bathroom and got paper on the floor after i left, obviously that means i didn't clean it in the first place!  why would you assume this instead of drawing the sensible conclusion that a customer just made a mess, and then asking one of the maintenance people who is on the clock to go and clean it???

"well if the manager asks you about it tomorrow, you can tell him what you just said 'cause those bathrooms are nasty"
...ok.  i'd be happy to.  and while i'm at it, i'll tell him how you went out of your way to try and make me look bad, going so far as to follow me to my freaking car just to tell me this bullshit. 

sometimes it seems really apparent that she has some kind of problem with me and hell if i know why.  she also once called me to the office to complain about me having to use the bathroom frequently (i'm sick, have been for months, will be for the foreseeable future, all of which i explained to her) and "shopping on the job" (i took maybe a minute or two to grab something at self checkout because it was an emergency--meanwhile, she stands around and chats at the register with her favored employees, literally grocery shopping, almost every day) and tried to claim i had been in the bathroom for an hour.  an hour.  i have needed some admittedly lengthy bathroom trips while at work, but never an hour or even close.  i told her that, too, and she said "we have it on camera".  ...mmkay.  and then the next day, she just randomly walked up to me while i was working and told me not to take too long cleaning the bathrooms (literally my job???) because the cameras were watching me.  and walked away. 

bitch has problems.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gator said:

my supervisor

>clean the bathrooms at work
>go about the rest of my business

>get off the clock
>supervisor follows me to the car, taps on my window, and asks me if i'm going to leave without cleaning the bathrooms???

>proceeds to try arguing with me about it for several minutes as i insist that i cleaned, swept, and mopped all 3 bathrooms--not long before the store opened, meaning whatever mess she's talking about probably happened when i wasn't even on the clock or shortly before i left.

but apparently if someone used the bathroom and got paper on the floor after i left, obviously that means i didn't clean it in the first place!  why would you assume this instead of drawing the sensible conclusion that a customer just made a mess, and then asking one of the maintenance people who is on the clock to go and clean it???

"well if the manager asks you about it tomorrow, you can tell him what you just said 'cause those bathrooms are nasty"
...ok.  i'd be happy to.  and while i'm at it, i'll tell him how you went out of your way to try and make me look bad, going so far as to follow me to my freaking car just to tell me this bullshit. 

sometimes it seems really apparent that she has some kind of problem with me and hell if i know why.  she also once called me to the office to complain about me having to use the bathroom frequently (i'm sick, have been for months, will be for the foreseeable future, all of which i explained to her) and "shopping on the job" (i took maybe a minute or two to grab something at self checkout because it was an emergency--meanwhile, she stands around and chats at the register with her favored employees, literally grocery shopping, almost every day) and tried to claim i had been in the bathroom for an hour.  an hour.  i have needed some admittedly lengthy bathroom trips while at work, but never an hour or even close.  i told her that, too, and she said "we have it on camera".  ...mmkay.  and then the next day, she just randomly walked up to me while i was working and told me not to take too long cleaning the bathrooms (literally my job???) because the cameras were watching me.  and walked away. 

bitch has problems.

Are you not able to talk with HR about this or anything? She's blatantly disrespectful towards you, and god know who else. I've been through this kind of thing with management before, and there's no way in hell they're going to get away with it. A fool like her doesn't deserve a position in management.

I think I hate both liberals and conservatives at this point. Mostly for people sticking to their narrative no matter what. If you're on a certain side you HAVE to think that way. And that's coming from me as a moderate lefty.

This comes from a liberal friend, posting vids of people being combative and hostile with police. And then siding with the person when they get arrested. If you're a liberal like them, you HAVE to think that all cops are evil no matter what. Even if the person has committed a crime, even if the cop is acting unusually patient and professional, even if they suspect is actually getting hostile or fighting with the cop, nope, the cop must be a fascist. And for many conservatives, all cops are good. The government may be evil and too big, but those cops are fine no matter what, let's just ignore the fact that they ARE the government and enforce the government laws. And the people they arrest are ALL criminals, especially the black ones. Why are you siding with that criminal that's black? No I don't sound racist.

And then people wonder why there's so much polarization in politics today. Nuance, what the literal fuck is that? We're just gonna stick with our extreme viewpoint on one side or the other no matter what.

Of course, 90% of the people on this planet suck a giant horse dick anyway.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/02/disabled-cancer-patient-tsa-lawsuit-memphis-airport

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cancer-patient-tackled-by-tsa_us_57acc5fde4b007c36e4d9e3b

What I hate more than that this kind of thing happens is that one normally never hears of it. Damn awful.

2 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

And that's coming from me as a moderate lefty.

uYHAUSL.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Shiro said:

Are you not able to talk with HR about this or anything? She's blatantly disrespectful towards you, and god know who else. I've been through this kind of thing with management before, and there's no way in hell they're going to get away with it. A fool like her doesn't deserve a position in management.

honestly if i thought anything would be done, i would.. but she's had a lot of complaints lodged against her by other associates in the past year or two.  just a couple weeks ago she was caught by the hr person yelling and cussing while there were customers in the store, and they were pissed about it.  people were seriously expecting it to be the last straw... but there she was again the next day.  i have watched people talk to the store manager directly about her, too.  i'll surely tell him if he asks, but i don't really feel confident trying to report anything myself.  everyone keeps whispering but nothing's actually happened.

4 hours ago, Gator said:

honestly if i thought anything would be done, i would.. but she's had a lot of complaints lodged against her by other associates in the past year or two.  just a couple weeks ago she was caught by the hr person yelling and cussing while there were customers in the store, and they were pissed about it.  people were seriously expecting it to be the last straw... but there she was again the next day.  i have watched people talk to the store manager directly about her, too.  i'll surely tell him if he asks, but i don't really feel confident trying to report anything myself.  everyone keeps whispering but nothing's actually happened.

I bet it's because they play favourites

I hate how most arguments against liberation theology take the stance of "Yes, the Bible said that man should seek to help others in all that they do before seeking to help themselves, and it also says to stop doing bad things and to endeavor to make sure nobody suffers from such things, and I can't prove that it doesn't say the sins of Sodom were that its people failed to serve those that needed before they served themselves, and it quite possibly attempts to make clear that leaders must seek to serve those that need before those that have, and maybe it does say that those who do good for others will benefit from it, and I didn't personally read the parts where it said the poor were blessed and that the hoarded wealth of the rich would testify against them and eat their flesh like fire, and I won't deny that it says to truly help those in need instead of talking about helping those in need, but God actually intends you to reach salvation yourself and ignore all problems on the Earth because His kingdom is not of Earth and assigning any group a special status divides the church and that is not God's will. Also God said not to steal and you want to steal from the rich - even though the Bible said if the rich didn't give the poor what they needed the poor might be right to take what they need anyway :)"

Like even the Vatican is starting to say that argument is wrong, and that parts of liberation theology are good and useful.

And I hate when people do a similar thing with any major figure from the Civil Rights movement, especially Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. "Yes, he said riots were reasonable when you consider what people are up against, and he did say that neither the people nor the government will do anything to fix problems until you scare them into believing that they must or suffer themselves or show them exactly how it feels, and maybe it is true that he said laws making discrimination illegal aren't actually more than a bandage for a much larger problem, and it might be true that he and his peers believed there was a good chance he would be killed during the second phase of the SCLC's campaign by white backlash because it actually sought to fix the problems instead of patching them, and it isn't completely unlikely that he thought the notion of an underprivileged individual pulling themselves up by their bootstraps was complete bullshit, and maybe he said things like integration of schools and neighborhoods would start reversing themselves unless the systemic problem of a dominant class of rich white men as a whole was attacked and defeated without fail, but what he actually meant by all that is that people should stop being mean and just mind their own business and everything will be fine. He was also a good protester because he didn't break the law - even though he was arrested multiple times for doing things like blocking active roads without a permit :)"

Like the internet is out there, and schools need to stop presenting him as The Good Black Man from a time of evil, wild, riot-starting Black people. He was the evil, wild, riot-starting type as far as most white people were concerned at the time.

Going to open a new tab and accidentally closing the one I'm on instead.
  Bonus points if that tab had a long-running video in it.
    Extra special fun bonus points if it was my only tab and closed the entire fucking browser.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gator said:

how it takes several months just to get a doctor appointment at a time that's actually reasonable for me

I got refused by three psychiatrist offices already because my insurances are incompatible with their network, so if I actually manage to find one that'll take me, I then have to wait for a slot, which usually takes several weeks/months, and in some cases, the following year. In other words, I'm fucked, and I feel so helpless right now as I have no control over my life and what's happening to my health in general. I'm hoping that my primary doctor can at least prescribe me my medication and take over temporarily. The process of getting a doctor, one that I can have decent chemistry with, and waiting for an appointment on a date and time that's good for me, that is if I'm feeling well that day (lower anxiety/no stomach issues, etc) makes me stressed and impatient, since I don't know what will happen to me if I don't get treated sooner or later between that time, for any condition. The idea of not having an established doctor and having insurance issues makes me practically lose hope in getting any sort of help, and I start having various negative thoughts about myself. I just want my fucking anti-anxiety meds at least, so I'm slightly less of the nervous wreck that I've been for the past 10 years.

Trying to drive stick while wearing brand new shitkickers is a son of a bitch.

Why, you ask? My truck has a stiff clutch with a short throw, so you have to be pretty precise, and plus there's some haptic feedback through the pedals (simply from engine and road vibration) that I sometimes rely on. Meanwhile, here I am wearing what feel like big fucking clown shoes...

On 7/13/2017 at 6:53 PM, Tsuujou said:

I hate Vae. 
She doesn't like mustard or pickles. That's satanic. I can't have this sort of hate in my life.
I do not need this. My man has two jobs. :C

Once again, I am the worst mod.

0/10 plz remove

• Like 1

How sometimes I'll think of something to post here, but I'll end up deciding that things will get better and choose not to post it, but I can rarely think of how to make that it will get better idea into a good post for the other thread.

23 hours ago, Vae said:

Places and devices that require you to use physical money.

It's 2017.
Who the fuck carries physical money anymore?

I know I don't. I find it a hassle to keep withdrawing money, and besides that if you lose cash by accident you lose money, unlike if I lose my card I can cancel it and get it replaced.

I have taken taxi rides when I needed to and they use cash only, from what I hear because they got ripped off before by people (to be fair some of those folks are so technologically backwards they don't use card readers, they write down your card number, and last I went they took it straight to the call company they use for cards and took a few minutes to see if it approved first, made me late for work due to their initial refusal to take my card and them having to do the process).

I mean, I bought an art print from someone selling them in front of a pet store with someone who used a card reader, so all things considered, it'd be nice if more folks could do that more

1 hour ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I'd much rather know exactly how much I have so I don't overspend or anything.

I mean, they make phone apps for that. And websites, if you're on your computer at home.
And ATMs.
And SMS alerts.

I've never been in question about how much money I've had on my card at any given time, just because it's super easy to check.

• Like 2

when your friends are suffering and you have no idea how to help or what to even say because you're not any better off and therefore have no useful advice.  i know just being there to listen is a thing, but it really really isn't enough sometimes.

• Like 3

Sometimes I'm too scared to check my accounts to see how broke I am :V I usually check when I get the feeling I may be spending more than needed (though anxiety usually combats my desire to spend) So I do end up checking it regularly to see the damage, and budget enough to know I have enough for the important stuff. 

I have safeties in place so I haven't really overspent in a long time.

This fucker, always and forever:

testflyging_av_forste_norske_f-35_-_22492943335_14_1.jpg?itok=mTp4MrfU

A plane. Over a trillion dollars planned.

They can't afford to better our infrastructure, our healthcare, our education subsidies, our nature conservation, or our arts funding by even a few million more than normal. But the U.S. government can afford a trillion dollar plane.
A trillion is a huge number. It is one million millions.
Like, a million Moons side by side is only a fifth of the way to Pluto from the Sun. A trillion Moons side by side is over 40 times the distance from the Sun to the nearest neighboring star.

Who is this thing really and truly helping, and why do people have to keep reminding me of it when I already hate it? I don't care what it can do. Twenty-thirty years after we've phased it in the U.S.'ll just end up selling it to somebody who's going to be bombing hospitals and schools and homes like has happened with pretty much every flying piece of crap the U.S. military has gotten tired of keeping to themselves anyway. And there's a little more than a small chance the U.S. will end up doing that with it on its own anyway.

Honestly, it is just an expression of a huge number of things about the world with which I am deeply displeased, so

I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it

• Like 3

I hate how long it took to get my transmission replaced due to slow diagnostic procedures coupled with my own absences. I will credit Aamco for looking after my costs and having veeeery good customer service, but it could have been done so much faster if they'd just done the procedure recommend by the other place, or tested the outcome of the first fix better.

Also: My home AC broke down the same week I got my car back and needed replacement. Blarg.

EDIT: Oh, and my car's battery died on the weekend after I got it back too.