Things that you hate! v2

Sar

48 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

I hate how long it took to get my transmission replaced due to slow diagnostic procedures coupled with my own absences. I will credit Aamco for looking after my costs and having veeeery good customer service, but it could have been done so much faster if they'd just done the procedure recommend by the other place, or tested the outcome of the first fix better.

Also: My home AC broke down the same week I got my car back and needed replacement. Blarg.

EDIT: Oh, and my car's battery died on the weekend after I got it back too.

So following this train of logic, your car will probably explode violently in a drive-thru somewhere.
Or your car's airconditioning will break. One of the two.

• Like 2

Ayn Rand and the absurd number of politicians in the U.S. that absolutely adore her and her works and words.

I don't even understand it. If you're going to like her ideas, pick somebody who was less blatantly evil. Many people today say the same things and sound perfectly respectable despite sharing the same evil.

"What was it they were fighting for, if they opposed white men on this continent? For their wish to continue a primitive existence, their “right” to keep part of the earth untouched, unused and not even as property, just keep everybody out so that you will live practically like an animal, or maybe a few caves above it. Any white person who brought the element of civilization had the right to take over this continent."

Might makes right, but only if you're white. I mean, they didn't even have individual control over the means of production. That can't be civilized.

"The defense of minority rights is acclaimed today, virtually by everyone, as a moral principle of a high order. But this principle, which forbids discrimination, is applied by most of the "liberal" intellectuals in a discriminatory manner: it is applied only to racial or religious minorities. It is not applied to that small, defenseless minority which consists of businessmen. Yet every ugly, brutal aspect of injustice toward racial or religious minorities is being practiced toward businessmen."

We need to stop with this oppression olympics crap because, as anyone that can use reason would know, Black Muslims being lynched is no less serious than a small, defenseless businessman being forced to serve dirty animals Black individuals. All rights are equal!

Like do these people even read or listen to anything she said? For the huge amount of Christian Senators and Representatives who virtually worship her, do they miss how she takes the "religions are for sheeple" neckbeard stance, or do they ignore that stuff because they like the racist and money parts?

"Run for your life from any man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter."
"Faith is the worst curse of mankind, as the exact antithesis and enemy of thought."

Like,,, ???

The dumb shit Weasyl does sometimes is a side reason why it is a ghost town and will remain a ghost town.
The new ratings change was probably the most poorly thought out, lazily implemented ruling adjustment they've made since launch. Because now according to their new rules, well over half of MY gallery is suitable for all audiences and has been automatically switched to such. :^)

Yeah. I absolutely think this is totally rated E for everyone. (NSFW obviously to all but Weasyl staff. lmao)

I guess this isn't something I hate but it's annoying and stupid. Time to go through like 60 uploads and switch the ratings. lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MalletFace said:

Ayn Rand and the absurd number of politicians in the U.S. that absolutely adore her and her works and words...

I don't think that's a very fair representation. Rand's philosophy of value was almost entirely rationality and service based, and racism just isn't consistent with the rest of her ideology. 

"Racism is the lowest, most crudely primitive form of collectivism. It is the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man’s genetic lineage—the notion that a man’s intellectual and characterological traits are produced and transmitted by his internal body chemistry. Which means, in practice, that a man is to be judged, not by his own character and actions, but by the characters and actions of a collective of ancestors."

From The Objectivist

"Like every form of determinism, racism invalidates the specific attribute which distinguishes man from all other living species: his rational faculty. Racism negates two aspects of man’s life: reason and choice, or mind and morality, replacing them with chemical predestination."

From The Virtue of Selfishness

In the second quote you gave, she started out talking about how the individual was the ultimate minority. Since race has no significance at the individual level, I think it would be better interpreted as an attack on a convenient sort of collectivism. As for her popularity, I think her work on property and individual rights accounts for most it.

If you want to accuse her of something, I think a better avenue would be too say she attributed the status of human in proportion to his rationality (like Kant), or that she was unable to supply egoism with a reasonable theory of justice without appealing to subjective sentiment.

2 hours ago, Jtrekkie said:

and racism just isn't consistent with the rest of her ideology.

"Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong." - Atlas Shrugged

If the creator of the ideology says and lives by conventionally racist ideals, and their ideology deals in the issue of racism and race, but you suggest their ideology does not tend towards racism, you've missed something for their presentation about their actual ideology.

"Racism is the lowest, most crudely primitive form of collectivism. It is the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man’s genetic lineage—the notion that a man’s intellectual and characterological traits are produced and transmitted by his internal body chemistry. Which means, in practice, that a man is to be judged, not by his own character and actions, but by the characters and actions of a collective of ancestors."

Yes, but she called Native Americans and African Americans animals many times. You're missing that she has a different definition of racism than most reasonable people, especially when considering social scientists. For her, any belief and/or action founded in blood history - unless that history is between two past adults agreeing to share in their future - is racism. Her definition is not only useless and vague, but it also equates family drama with Nazi genocide:

"The respectable family that supports worthless relatives or covers up their crimes in order to “protect the family name” (as if the moral stature of one man could be dam­aged by the actions of another)—the bum who boasts that his great-grandfather was an empire-builder, or the small­-town spinster who boasts that her maternal great-uncle was a state senator and her third cousin gave a concert at Carnegie Hall (as if the achievements of one man could rub off on the mediocrity of another)—the parents who search ge­nealogical trees in order to evaluate their prospective sons-in-law—the celebrity who starts his autobiography with a detailed account of his family history—all these are samples of racism, the atavistic manifestations of a doctrine whose full expression is the tribal warfare of prehistorical savages, the wholesale slaughter of Nazi Germany, the atrocities of today’s so-called “newly emerging nations.'" - The Virtue of Selfishness

Even more, she just views racism as a form of what she calls "collectivism," which itself has a largely useless definition based outside of the reality of the world:

"Collectivism means the subjugation of the individual to a group"

No inconsistency because, as far as she is concerned, she is not racist. She is judging Native Americans based on their achievements as individuals isolated to their place and time, not on their collective history. When one considers scholarly definitions of racism, though, she becomes racist not by suggesting that their individual achievements are inferior, but by failing to recognize and address her affirmation of symbolic, economic, and physical violence conducted against a racialized group that possessed cultures and societies with different traits of some or no overlap with her own dominant one.

"Like every form of determinism, racism invalidates the specific attribute which distinguishes man from all other living species: his rational faculty. Racism negates two aspects of man’s life: reason and choice, or mind and morality, replacing them with chemical predestination."

Again, if she's racist and her ideology says racism is bad, maybe the ideology has a poor definition of racism. Maybe she can be racist and defend it as not being racism.

"If you study reliable history, and not liberal, racist newspapers, racism didn’t exist in this country until the liberals brought it up—racism in the sense of self-consciousness and separation about races. Yes, slavery existed as a very evil institution, and there certainly was prejudice against some minorities, including the Negroes after they were liberated. But those prejudices were dying out under the pressure of free economics, because racism, in the prejudicial sense, doesn’t pay. Then, if anyone wants to be a racist, he suffers, the workings of the system is against him." - Interview at West Point

You would probably argue that slavery was racist, but her definition absolves it of that.

"If you are born in a magnificent country which you don’t know what to do with, you believe that it is a property right; it is not. And, since the Indians did not have any property rights—they didn’t have the concept of property; they didn’t even have a settled, society, they were predominantly nomadic tribes; they were a primitive tribal culture, if you want to call it that—if so, they didn’t have any rights to the land, and there was no reason for anyone to grant them rights which they had not conceived and were not using." - Interview at West Point

You would probably argue that forcing Native American peoples off their land simply because they were Native Americans and didn't buy and sell the land was racist, but her definition absolves it of that.

In the second quote you gave, she started out talking about how the individual was the ultimate minority. Since race has no significance at the individual level, I think it would be better interpreted as an attack on a convenient sort of collectivism. As for her popularity, I think her work on property and individual rights accounts for most it.

Yes, because she has a different definition of racism and collectivism from most people. Racism, for her, cannot impact the individual suffering it any more than it impacts the individual imparting it. It is, for them both, a loss.

But most people don't define racism the way she does because she was a horrible historian, logician, and philosopher. She believed in "Indian givers," communism as a "statist ideology," "Arabs" as completely devoid of achievement, the U.S. as the only moral country, democracy as a moral negative, forced sex as not being rape if the person experiencing it wants it, and in the only true moral good being productive achievement.

Her works on racism are not taken seriously by those that work in sociology and anthropology any more than the "horseshoe theory" she defends in many of her works is taken seriously by political scientists and academic philosophers. None of her works in any subject but literature are taken seriously by anyone of any merit in their respective fields.

She had an ideology, not a philosophy, theory, or even developed hypothesis.

Her most famous statements are blatant thefts of the ideas of others at best, and at worst they are popular misunderstandings of much greater thinkers.

Rand was simply a trained author that got famous because of her popular opinions and jumped on it.

To take anything in her works seriously misses that they are all derivative of a work of fiction created by an author that was the product of her time.

She even used a pen name in part because she didn't want people knowing she was trained in nothing but literature.

She is no Kant. At best, she is an Orwell, Huxley, or Bradbury.

If you want to accuse her of something, I think a better avenue would be too say she attributed the status of human in proportion to his rationality (like Kant), or that she was unable to supply egoism with a reasonable theory of justice without appealing to subjective sentiment.

That you hold what I displayed as an accusation of racism and lack of critical observation rather than a proof of racism and lack of critical observation is concerning.

Ayn Rand was racist, and her ideology having an unusual definition of racism does not absolve her of it, just as it does not absolve the people who so readily leap to her writings to defend their own racism.

As a note, feel free to reply here if you want to, but if I feel the need to reply to that I'll take it to personal messages.

I would point out that you appealed to authority instead of addressing the premise. If you judge her philosophy according to some other philosophy, there will of course be contradictions.

Beyond that I don't think any further discussion will be fruitful.

I hate how natural gas is replacing nuclear in the United States on the premise that it is cheaper. Yet acquiring the natural gas still damages the environment (especially fracking) and it still produces large amounts of greenhouse gasses. It also puts more strain on the infrastructure compared to nuclear (continually refilling every week if not more vs refueling every year to year and a half). At some point the prices will go up and natural gas will be less viable, but until then we seem to be stuck with mindset that it's the way of the future.....

12 hours ago, U-235 said:

I hate how natural gas is replacing nuclear in the United States on the premise that it is cheaper. Yet acquiring the natural gas still damages the environment (especially fracking) and it still produces large amounts of greenhouse gasses. It also puts more strain on the infrastructure compared to nuclear (continually refilling every week if not more vs refueling every year to year and a half). At some point the prices will go up and natural gas will be less viable, but until then we seem to be stuck with mindset that it's the way of the future.....

Yet renewable energy is becoming cheaper and cheaper in US, replacing both nuclear and natural gas in time if this trend keeps up. Drawing your power from renewable energy sources is already cheaper than using coal energy and other non-renewable sources for example but I admit, hydraulic fracking has driven natural gas prices to low. I do hope renewable and plentiful energy sources (as well as possibly fusion) will eventually (and soon) displace everything carbon based and maybe even nuclear energy (sorry u-235 :()

OT: Technically, both natural gas and coal are fossilised (That's why they are called fossil fuels) remnants of ancient dinosaurs, forests and jungles that were located in continents tens of millions years ago, meaning there could form new sources of fossil fuels, thus making them renewable, just very slowly renewable sources of energy.

9 hours ago, Snagged said:

Yet renewable energy is becoming cheaper and cheaper in US, replacing both nuclear and natural gas in time if this trend keeps up. Drawing your power from renewable energy sources is already cheaper than using coal energy and other non-renewable sources for example but I admit, hydraulic fracking has driven natural gas prices to low. I do hope renewable and plentiful energy sources (as well as possibly fusion) will eventually (and soon) displace everything carbon based and maybe even nuclear energy (sorry u-235 :()

OT: Technically, both natural gas and coal are fossilised (That's why they are called fossil fuels) remnants of ancient dinosaurs, forests and jungles that were located in continents tens of millions years ago, meaning there could form new sources of fossil fuels, thus making them renewable, just very slowly renewable sources of energy.

I do realize that renewable energy is becoming cheaper, however it's not what's replacing nuclear sadly. I'd be more okay if that was what it was. My hope is for a future that is a combination of renewable greens and nuclear. It should be noted that with fast breeder technology (something that's well established and developed) and harvesting uranium from seawater, nuclear could last us several million years, well beyond our time on earth. However what is happening instead is nuclear is being replaced by natural gas in the US, and in Germany they're increasing coal output to make up for the current renewable inability to keep up with demand. Granted the increase was only by about 1.2% in 2015, but in terms of metric tonnes, that is substantial, and counter-intuitive to the initial investment.

Does this mean we should stop investing in solar and wind? No, we still need to develop it to help replace natural gas and coal. But in it's current state, and with physical limitations of the technology for the foreseeable future, there need's to be a strong base load that can provide continuous power without causing harm to the environment, and that answer is Nuclear. It's one of the cleanest and most reliable sources of energy we've got. Take China for example. They recently unveiled the largest solar station in the world. Yet at the same time they're building new nuclear stations all over the country. All in an effort to shutdown coal and natural gas.

So I'm saying, it seems the approach that should be taken on, and is by most developing countries (hopefully we'll soon follow along with certain nations in the EU), is to have a hybrid model of both nuclear and alternative greens.

• Like 1

Honestly, I was angry when a little over 100,000 people had their names and home cities used to make the same spam comment to the FCC about Net Neutrality. I am now even more angry because I can't find any common first name, last name, or place free from the comment, which is probably now in the hundreds of thousands of stolen names.

This is the comment:

The unprecedented regulatory power the Obama Administration imposed on the internet is smothering innovation, damaging the American economy and obstructing job creation. I urge the Federal Communications Commission to end the bureaucratic regulatory overreach of the internet known as Title II and restore the bipartisan light-touch regulatory consensus that enabled the internet to flourish for more than 20 years. The plan currently under consideration at the FCC to repeal Obama's Title II power grab is a positive step forward and will help to promote a truly free and open internet for everyone.

Is Tom free from this spam?

wer.PNG.a7b161f5f463067ad83e41ebd32fcc14.PNG

Nope.

Becky?

wer2.PNG.3f46fd8dbd2a74cac231f49f3e0948ae.PNG

Nope.

Robin - Boy Wonder?

wer3.PNG.58bfb4311e77f1401367f02280768a88.PNG

Of course not.

And Fuck the FCC, especially Ajit Pai, for refusing to deal with the spam.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MalletFace said:

Honestly, I was angry when a little over 100,000 people had their names and home cities used to make the same spam comment to the FCC about Net Neutrality. I am now even more angry because I can't find any common first name, last name, or place free from the comment, which is probably now in the hundreds of thousands of stolen names.

Either morons who are given a block of text to mindlessly send in to the FCC. Or, companies who are faking the messages.

If it's the latter, and I bet it is, it shows how evil the internet provider companies can be to sway and lobby the government to do their bidding. Enough money and you can make the government lackies dance!

I hope Comcast & Verizon & co go burn in a hot fire.

On 18/07/2017 at 1:54 AM, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Am I the only person here who actually prefers physical money? I'd much rather know exactly how much I have so I don't overspend or anything.

I get what you mean, but I make online orders/purchases so often, cash i withdrew in hand I tend to consider already spent.

i mitigate the potential for overspending by only putting about a hundred quid on my card at once

The heated argument I seem to have gotten into with someone I considered a friend, and not so sure anymore. Like, when exactly do you draw the boundary between "it's okay to have a friend who has differing political opinions with you", and "this guy's opinions are so shitty you might as well cut them off."? I mean, I don't exactly want to wrap myself in a box of like-minded people and never see different attitudes, hence why I sometimes listen to news and pundits of people I disagree with. I may not change my mind, but at least i know what they believe, and sometimes I may find common ground somewhere.

So a furry guy I know, gay, libertarian, posts a video of someone who says that trans people are mentally ill, and because mentally ill people are not allowed to serve, thus trans people should not serve. My friend agrees with the video for the most part.

First off, I take serious issue with people saying that trans people are mentally ill or mental, even if I've even had trans friends themselves say they had a mental disorder and that their transition is how they dealt with it. Considering that the the way the guy in the video, and even a lot of the people online right now, are using the term mentally ill as if it's acting like trans people are crazy people running around stabbing people randomly. Of course, their retort would be "you want to cut off your genitals, that is mental" or "you think you're the other sex, that's crazy." Trans people are usually able to function normally in society, something that bipolar people themselves sometimes struggle with.

Then my friend equates his own bipolar disorder with transgender disphoria, even though they are completely different issues. Many people who are trans have served perfectly fine, and even the RAND Corp has done studies saying they have not seen any issues with trans people serving either in the US military or foreign militaries where trans people are allowed to serve openly.

So I don't know. I agree with this guy some of the time, but not others. But having him act rather flippant about a blanket ban on trans people, him being gay and libertarian, the political party of "personal freedom" which I would think would include freedom to enlist, and freedom to identify as one chooses.

when mom seems to think it's a good idea to bring her untrained dog over to visit my grandma.  and stay for several hours.  while i'm trying to sleep.  i'm sure work is going to be a blast today, because lying awake in bed listening to barking is so restful.

even though i live here, they like to make it obvious that i don't matter.  no one takes my needs or feelings into consideration because it's not *my* house and therefore since i don't belong here, they couldn't care less.  i've never known what it's like to be taken seriously or respected in any capacity, and being an adult with a job has not changed things one bit.

• Like 1

I keep accidentally misgendering a trans friend I met recently because of his voice. I feel really bad about it and I want to apologize, but I also don't want to make a big deal about it for fear of somehow making the situation worse.

He hasn't expressed any sign of it bothering him, but fuck, man. I don't want to be that guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mapache said:

I keep accidentally misgendering a trans friend I met recently because of his voice. I feel really bad about it and I want to apologize, but I also don't want to make a big deal about it for fear of somehow making the situation worse.

He hasn't expressed any sign of it bothering him, but fuck, man. I don't want to be that guy.

I mean, the fact that you clearly care about making this person feel comfortable is ultimately more important than your mistake. If the opportunity arises, try to explain your dilemma in a way that conveys your desire to do right by this person and not make a mountain out of a molehill. It's really all you can do.

• Like 2

I don't think I've ever felt so much frustration with my state government and felt so much libertarian/anarchist in my life (don't worry I'm not going full Rassah here).

I've been trying to renew something with the state government for the past week. First, I get a notice that I missed an "interview" even though the interview was THEM calling ME, and they never called me.

And I've been spending the past week trying to renew online. The website looks a bit different so I think they changed the look, but the forms are the same so I think it's the same back-end system. When I log in, there is NO LINK in my account for renewing what I need to renew. No way of getting to the form.

On the front page of the entire site, there is a series of links that say stuff like "Check my account" and "Renewal forms". If I click on Renewal Forms or any other link it goes to the "make a new account" page even though I have an account already.

I clicked on a link to file a complaint to technical support. The support form, where it asks you to explain the complaint, has a limit of about 100-150 characters, like it's Twitter. Try explaining the complaint in a single short sentence. The nail in the coffin is that one of the workers said the site is optimized for IE. Anyone who optimizes a website for IE needs to be smashed in the balls.

If the state government screws me over because of this I swear I'm gonna figure out how to sue them somehow. Fuck them. For now, I'm just gonna do the renewal the old fashioned way, through pen and paper. Seems the Michigan government needs to get in the 21st century.

Doesn't help that a friend keeps telling me I'm doing it wrong and giving me suggestions that doesn't help. Please, please don't treat me like I'm stupid. I'm an IT major with an associates in web development and programming, please do not treat me like I'm stupid. It's enough to make me want to defriend her.

On 8/2/2017 at 7:03 PM, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I feel like I bother my friends all the time, and I hate it.

Relatable.

I feel like my friends don't give a shit about me, and I hate it.

20 hours ago, mapache said:

If you do it once in a while, I think your friend will understand that he or she hasn't fully transitioned and there are elements that are impossible to change easily, like voice.

If you do it a lot, they may get a bit upset, but I'd just explain what you just explained. That it's a mistake.

1 hour ago, Crazy Lee said:

For now, I'm just gonna do the renewal the old fashioned way, through pen and paper. Seems the Michigan government needs to get in the 21st century.

If yours is like mine, that's how you should have started out. Paper documents are still normal internally, though to be fair government agencies carry a lot of inertia when it comes to updates. Even small things can take a year of planning when there's plenty of money.

I wish I hadn't let my family know I was with a guy. They've been so critical since then and they're always talking about us behind my back. Spreading rumors. I haven't seen my brother once without being mocked, and he's not shy about letting my nephews hear it. They're so good to me, but they can be cruel at the same time. It's always hanging over me, like they're trying to force me to choose between them. I almost wish they'd either pick accepting me or hating me outright, but it feels like they're right in the middle so I can't go either way. I'm not equipped for the conflict. /whining

1 hour ago, Jtrekkie said:

I wish I hadn't let my family know I was with a guy. They've been so critical since then and they're always talking about us behind my back. Spreading rumors. I haven't seen my brother once without being mocked, and he's not shy about letting my nephews hear it. They're so good to me, but they can be cruel at the same time. It's always hanging over me, like they're trying to force me to choose between them. I almost wish they'd either pick accepting me or hating me outright, but it feels like they're right in the middle so I can't go either way. I'm not equipped for the conflict. /whining

: (

dislike

I hate how long it's taken me to get my life back on track. I'm doing ok now, but I feel like I'm about on par with how I should've been 3 years ago if things went well instead of down the shitter.

I have this dark cloud of sadness hanging over my head since I picked up a sad, alone stray dog and can't take him alone.

The shelter might kill him...so I'm doing my best to home him somewhere permanent or temporary, the no kill shelters are full

...I feel like I can't relax, emotionally or financially, until this is resolved. It was really hard visiting him in the shelter not knowing how to help him for good, he's such a sweet boy and I don't want him to be hurt.

never being able to sleep well despite having to get up and go to work

literally losing little 5-10 minute chunks of time while trying to get ready

having an emotionally charged dream and no time to process it

dreading the complaints about me calling in yesterday

i hate my job and everything about it, even the part before i actually get there

On 8/4/2017 at 10:58 PM, Jtrekkie said:

Is he a big dog? Do you mean you can't take him home?

Home, I meant, yeah. cant take him to my place, I maxed out leaving him on the porch for a night and that was a stretch. I wouldnt be a good roommate to the people I live with bringing dogs in without their permission. If it was my home and I knew they were fine Id find a way to keep him in a heartbeat.

He's about a small/medium Shepherd mix pup (~1 year, pitbull face).

Update on that: Going to the shelter tomorrow (Monday), finding out if and when they put him down, if they dont for a good bit I might track his stay their longer, as well as find out if the volunteers evaluated his dog friendliness so he could potentially move to the SPCA. Ultimately I may have to pull him out just to avoid that circumstance and bring him to a foster and pay for him for these next few months

• Like 1

How through their portrayal as the ultimate, alien evil in some places, the ideologies of fascism ad nazism take on the qualities of whatever an individual sees as the ultimate, alien evil. 

Because of this, huge groups of people aren't able to articulate or understand what fascism and nazism are and will inadvertently align with fascist and nazi doctrine - doctrines which are surprisingly commonplace. In too many places, comparing things like The Doctrine of Fascism to local ideas, values, and ideologies lines up too closely.

The rejection of peace as possible, which necessitates perpetual military buildup? Check.
The notion that the ultimate act of patriotism is to serve one's nation in war? Check.
The notion that pacifism is cowardly and a moral wrong? Check.
The notion that patriotism through service to the state and "the people/the nation" is a requirement to be a good individual? Check
The rejection of a universal right to well-being and the necessity of justice, equality, and freedom for all individuals? Check.
The notion that involuntary hierarchies based on individual achievement - earned or unearned - are a necessity for society? Check.
The rejection of sociology and anthropology and any other sciences that reveal contradictions or dangers in the present hierarchy as unfounded nonsense? Check.

I also hate how the euphemisms for a lot of this stuff are changing and deceiving a lot of people. Like, "Cultural Marxism" - outside of the original context - is just the new way to say "Judeo-Bolshevism," "Jewish Marxism," "Cultural Bolshevism," and "Judeo-Marxism." Get rid of it. And can we also get rid of "SJW" as an insult? I hate it. I would actually rather just go back to when George Wallace and the like just said "left-winger" or "communist/communist sympathizer." At least that is more honest to the position of the speaker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vallium said:

Update on that: Going to the shelter tomorrow (Monday), finding out if and when they...

Please update again either way.

Edit:

I have found a (government) website that only lets you log in between certain hours.

4 hours ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

I hate the cognitive dissonance in this country. "Those evil white supremacist baby killers going to other countries and taking their oil, stop the funding!, yet the military is suddenly a force for good when it involves trans people having rights to serve.

"States Rights is just a dog whistle for racism!"

"What? You want to pass a Federal law superseding provisions in an unconstitutional state gun law we passed behind closed doors in the middle of the night? WE'LL FUCKING SUE YOU, MUH STATES RIGHTS "

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

"What? You want to pass a Federal law superseding provisions in an unconstitutional state gun law we passed behind closed doors in the middle of the night? WE'LL FUCKING SUE YOU, MUH STATES RIGHTS "

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I think you're mixing up talking points from two different groups of people. Unless, you were pointing out the fact that Cuomo is a flip-flopper?

1 hour ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I think you're mixing up talking points from two different groups of people. Unless, you were pointing out the fact that Cuomo is a flip-flopper?

Democrats always shit all over the Tenth Amendment and the concept of State's Rights by immediately going reductio ad full retardium about slavery, so it's funny to see one of them suddenly start invoking State's Rights when it's politically expedient.

Just now, Victor-933 said:

Democrats always shit all over the Tenth Amendment and the concept of State's Rights by immediately going reductio ad full retardium about slavery, so it's funny to see one of them suddenly start invoking State's Rights when it's politically expedient.

You can only oppose something for so long, until you need it at your convenience.

Jesus Christ, I hate Cadbury chocolate. Why's it got this granulated texture like the ingredients weren't fully dissolved when being mixed? Has this weirdly medicinal, chalky taste and feel to it. Where the fuck are they getting their ingredients from? The Crayola aisle at AC Moore? Like this is one thing that feels like I shouldn't eat and I'm about to make sure I don't anymore. Fucking gross...

I've seen folks get shit on for eating Hershey's. Love it or hate it idgaf, but at least that actually goes down like something meant for people and not plants.

• Like 1

Update on Domino:

I picked him up from the shelter and spent the day with him

In addition to contacting the SPCA I also filled out a form for intake for the humane society, so maybe one of those might take him.

I took him to the dog park to test how good he is with other dogs, I didn't get a single hint of aggression which is good for his adoptability. Unfortunate my the SPCA wants to know how he does with other dogs in a home, since most their dogs end up acting different in a home environment. I trust he'd do well though, and hope to find out when I put him in foster care 

As a last minute I contacted the people who watched my cats while I moved, I really didn't like it because for how much I paid them they couldn't bother to scoop the litterbox, and I feel bad leaving him there but it's all I have for now. still looking over all the other local pet sitters in the area to see who can take him in until the rescues can

Also...I considered changing his name to Courage because of his "cowardly" personality, lol

• Like 2

I hate when assholes think that just because residential streets are undivided that means they can drive down the middle and try to force me off the road even though there's eight feet of empty space on the other side of their shitmobile...

...so I've started doing it to them if they try it. Just mosey on over to the middle and make them get their bitch ass back on their side.

I really like that the 8bitdo line give people an option for accurate, oldschool controllers for their emulators and junk.

But holy shit do I have a hard time getting mine to actually charge.

Won't get recognized to establish a connection (and thus supply power) through my laptop.
Won't do it through Ariel's tower.
Won't do it through the USB cable that came with it by plugging it into an outlet adaptor.
Had to plug it into my phone charger in the wall outlet to get a charge light.

Makes me wary about trying to buy the better controller with joysticks that I want (I currently have an SNES one), because of all the hassle I've had with this one.

When it works, it's nice though.

On 8/7/2017 at 3:55 AM, WolfyAmbassador said:

I hate the cognitive dissonance in this country. "Those evil white supremacist baby killers going to other countries and taking their oil, stop the funding!, yet the military is suddenly a force for good when it involves trans people having rights to serve.

I don't agree with the sentiment of "Evil racist baby killers." but the first thing you posted is the government sending the military to fight in other countries, while the second one is who can actually participate in the military. Somewhat different things, there. You can participate in the military and still not have the military not being in other countries in a battle capacity. Also, I'm one of those people who think the military can be whittled down quite a bit and still be the most powerful military in the world, would prefer the military not be used as much as it is in foreign policy, and still believe that anyone who is fit and able to serve should be allowed to.

On 8/7/2017 at 8:15 AM, Victor-933 said:

There can be contradicting statements from both sides of politics. There are plenty of people on the right who are like "I want there to be lower taxes so I can get re-elected" and "I don't want to lower spending as well and don't seem to care about the debt going up." Or "The government is way too big and bloated" and "Let's make the military WAY bigger." Or "I believe in individual freedoms and the right to bear arms (nothing wrong with this)" BUT "I believe in forcing my religious beliefs on you with religiously-based laws."

16 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

I hate when assholes think that just because residential streets are undivided that means they can drive down the middle and try to force me off the road even though there's eight feet of empty space on the other side of their shitmobile...

...so I've started doing it to them if they try it. Just mosey on over to the middle and make them get their bitch ass back on their side.

This, and also when the street is wide enough for 3 cars but people are parked on both sides.

15 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

I don't agree with the sentiment of "Evil racist baby killers." but the first thing you posted is the government sending the military to fight in other countries, while the second one is who can actually participate in the military. Somewhat different things, there. You can participate in the military and still not have the military not being in other countries in a battle capacity.

When serving, sometimes you don't really have a choice, so in a way, you are doing a deed for the government whatever their intentions may be whether you like it or not.