Things that you hate! v2

Sar

25 minutes ago, Fossa said:

You're welcome. Anytime.

But there would be as much substance, in such an exchange, in many ways, compared to ones I've seen

: V

Oh I'm not disagreeing that religious arguments are shit.

I'm just glad that it's been proven that we can make them exponentially more shit.
Exciting new heights of bad.

7 minutes ago, Vae said:

Oh I'm not disagreeing that religious arguments are shit.

I'm just glad that it's been proven that we can make them exponentially more shit.
Exciting new heights of bad.

Do not worry! I have not reached the new heights of bad yet : ) More excitement will always be there.

I hate that I'm going to be taking 6 Full Sized classes next semester because I don't want to go to summer school.

I also hate one of them is in the theater, which is about a mile walk from the main campus because it's literally across a bridge through protected wetlands. MY NEXT CLASS IS 15 MINUTES AFTER THAT ONE. But...if I do it now, I never have to take any more classes in that building ever lmao. At least I have a car. 

I'm about to fucking ragequit from the god damn fandom, it's become too degenerate and weird shit is just accepted out in the open, like these faggots should be allowed to walk around in public with their fetishes on their shoulders for the world to see. Keep it in the bedroom idiots.

I'm in a fur NSFW chat and this guy's posting video of his murrsuit, with a hole and his buttcrack showing for the camera. And it's not the first time people in that chat have posted fursuits in sexy poses, reclining on a bed, rubbing their crotches, patting their buts while on all fours. It is the first time I've seen someone who is open about it being a murrsuit and willing to show the hole and his anus.

I just don't get it.
FURSUITS ARE NOT FUCKING SEXY.
I have no desire to have sex with most suits. The heads are too big, you can't see your partner's face. The bodysuit is usually kinda loose and floppy like baggy 90's rapper clothing. How the fuck is that sexy? Loose baggy fur covered clothing?

BcYMe7nCIAEqYF2.png

Co08pQAUsAA6Ijs.jpg

CERsBHsWoAAibC5.jpg

Yep... totally sexy....
Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope.....

The person INSIDE is sexy (well, if I find them sexy at least). Whatever makes them sexy... body hair, no body hair, their curves, if they're thin or fat, their butts or bellies or faces or hair. Not the damn costume they put on. And certainly not if they're in that baggy fursuit and lying on a bed patting their ass. I don't even see HOW that's sexy.

Sad to see this fandom allow more and more open degeneracy. Time to get the flamethower I guess.

8 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

BcYMe7nCIAEqYF2.png

oh my god I fucking love Scurrow sorry I'm shoving the rest of the post aside for this. He's just this perfect corner of Weird Fandom Shit and likes taking incredibly uncomfortable fursuit pictures. 1501399487.scurrow_in_front_of_junk_carnival.png

1483167356.scurrow_wp_20161226_13_59_23_pro.jpg

Anyways yeah feel free to continue but any picture involving his suit is probably supposed to fill you with a sense of vague dread.

• Like 3

"Cultural appropriation" as a "nope" thing. Someone was interested enough to try something from your culture, and you jump on them with a proverbial knife and equate them on the same level as rapists? Good fucking going, that's really gonna make the world a better place. How about you just accept that over time, as countries become more intertwined, cultures mix, and the fact someone did something related to yours doesn't mean they're a bad person. Hell, it should be on the contrary, because they bothered to do something, which can not be said of the bitching people. Sure, some people are flawed in their interpretation of your culture, but that doesn't mean they were wrong on purpose and their aim is to mock you like holy shit is this a wrong way to think about it. People wear halloween outfits for fun and do not don them to "reduce our struggles into some mundane outfit"...What sort of mental gymnastics must you practice to even approach this thinking style? If someone for example wore the finn's outfit from SATW and flailed a knife at people, or wore a Sami outfit, I'd be impressed and I'd fucking love that. It would be my last thought to think this was to mock me and my culture. Most people I've seen get offended have been by...wearing a spot-on geisha costume? A badass native american outfit? I honestly don't see an issue. It's an attitude thing, and these people need to check theirs.

All SJW people really mean is they want exclusive rights to remain a snowflake and bitch about others stealing their culture while they themselves don't do shit.

I've had my fill of this shit about now.

• Like 6

Having to explain how different world language education is in my state compared to other subjects each time I have to talk about education as it relate to me. Like, no, instructor, I cannot pick a grade level's requirements; world language education standards are by proficiency. Yes, I will have the same overall standards other teachers do, but I am not going to shoehorn my standards into a rubric so it is easier for you to grade because it just ruins the point of me being here. Let me learn to teach my subject.

11 hours ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

"Cultural appropriation" as a "nope" thing. Someone was interested enough to try something from your culture, and you jump on them with a proverbial knife and equate them on the same level as rapists? Good fucking going, that's really gonna make the world a better place. How about you just accept that over time, as countries become more intertwined, cultures mix, and the fact someone did something related to yours doesn't mean they're a bad person. Hell, it should be on the contrary, because they bothered to do something, which can not be said of the bitching people. Sure, some people are flawed in their interpretation of your culture, but that doesn't mean they were wrong on purpose and their aim is to mock you like holy shit is this a wrong way to think about it. People wear halloween outfits for fun and do not don them to "reduce our struggles into some mundane outfit"...What sort of mental gymnastics must you practice to even approach this thinking style? If someone for example wore the finn's outfit from SATW and flailed a knife at people, or wore a Sami outfit, I'd be impressed and I'd fucking love that. It would be my last thought to think this was to mock me and my culture. Most people I've seen get offended have been by...wearing a spot-on geisha costume? A badass native american outfit? I honestly don't see an issue. It's an attitude thing, and these people need to check theirs.

All SJW people really mean is they want exclusive rights to remain a snowflake and bitch about others stealing their culture while they themselves don't do shit.

I've had my fill of this shit about now.

Those "mental gymnastics" are professional scholarship discussing what it means to have power and culture and research that shows that exchanges of culture based in an imbalance of power lead to a perpetuation of the conditions that lead to the imbalance of power in the first place despite the opinions and intent of each individual involved.

As one of those scholars noted,

Discovering [oneself] to be an oppressor may cause considerable anguish, but it does not necessarily lead to solidarity with the oppressed. Rationalizing his guilt through paternalistic treatment of the oppressed, all the while holding them fast in a position of dependence, will not do. Solidarity requires that one enter into the situation of those with whom one is solidary; it is a radical posture. If what characterizes the oppressed is their subordination to the consciousness of the master, as Hegel affirms, true solidarity with the oppressed means fighting at their side to transform the objective reality which has made them these "beings for another." The oppressor is solidary with the oppressed only when he stops regarding the oppressed as an abstract category and sees them as persons who have been unjustly dealt with, deprived of their voice, cheated in the sale of their labor - when he stops making pious, sentimental, and individualistic gestures and risks an act of love. True solidarity is found only in the plenitude of this act of love, in its existentiality, in its praxis. To affirm that men and women are persons and as persons should be free, and yet to do nothing tangible to make this affirmation a reality, is a farce.

Just so you know, the person that said that basically built a career around understanding and teaching what it means to understand other people when you come from a different context - the exact situation you suggest the act of wearing a costume is. Even more, his ideas have directly impacted how teachers and students have participated in important moments of liberation in recent history like towards the end of Apartheid in South Africa and during the Arab Spring. These people do actually do quite a bit of shit, as it turns out.

"All anti-SJW people really mean is they want exclusive rights to remain a snowflake and bitch about other people failing to actually look into issues and understand them when they themselves don't do shit."

• Like 1

I'm on my lunch break now of my 16 hour shift.

During which, I got assaulted by a patient. Guy I was sitting on a one to one, watching for medical complications because he has end stage hepatic failure, decided to wake up from his nap and try to choke me out. Yaaaaaaay. Dealing with dying, psychotic patients...

Ugg. Back to work for me. 10 more hours to go.

I hate my job sometimes V:

• Like 3

It's 3 AM.

My roommate has some sermon playing in the background. He's not even awake to hear it.

"You can grow or you can be slow"

"Saints, I hope you don't marry no man"

"[some unintelligible bullshit] PUSSI [some other unintelligible bullshit] NIGGA"

-Some rando preacher

8 hours ago, MalletFace said:

Those "mental gymnastics" are professional scholarship discussing what it means to have power and culture and research that shows that exchanges of culture based in an imbalance of power lead to a perpetuation of the conditions that lead to the imbalance of power in the first place despite the opinions and intent of each individual involved.

As one of those scholars noted,

Just so you know, the person that said that basically built a career around understanding and teaching what it means to understand other people when you come from a different context - the exact situation you suggest the act of wearing a costume is. Even more, his ideas have directly impacted how teachers and students have participated in important moments of liberation in recent history like towards the end of Apartheid in South Africa and during the Arab Spring. These people do actually do quite a bit of shit, as it turns out.

That's a load of bollocks, that starts with common sense. Of course you want to treat people like people and not discard the population into one giant bracket term. I beg you, tell me how if for example I were to dress up as a viking out of admiration to such culture, am I mocking them and oppressing these modern day people? What the hell happened to the classic saying "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", cause nowadays it's the complete opposite. This quote doesn't even have an inkling to do with dressing up. It's about meeting and respecting someone as a person after you've been a racist or an ignorant fool. It basically talks of how a former nazi can redeem themselves in the eyes of jews for example. It does not address mimicry.

I'm not denying that being deft about certain cultural aspects is important and sure enough they have been used for good, but telling some kid not to blackface and eat watermelons and act intentionally retarded is completely different from what is essentially cosplay of a real-world thing because they find it interesting. Bunching those two in together is, dare I say, generalising to the maximum.

You do not own a culture. It lives and dies. It transforms and changes places. Nobody is knowingly belittling another by wearing their clothes, and in fact by doing so WAAAYYY more often than not, shows admiration towards it instead. Hell, we should focus on spreading our cultures, spread accurate knowledge of it instead of attack anyone attempting to express their interest. I bet that within our lifetime, LANGUAGES themselves will face this similar case, where people think you're stealing culture by stealing lingo....

It is an attitude thing. You can misunderstand people and see misogyny/racism/sexism/whateverism through your hateshades, or you can just wear your common specs and look closer into the motives and such behind peoples actions and see you had it all wrong.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

I bet that within our lifetime, LANGUAGES themselves will face this similar case, where people think you're stealing culture by stealing lingo....

We're getting there, alright. Already happens to an extent. lol

2.png.0e565455af50bb11a20007eaba5cb775.png

a839c57c9838b72aaef6bcf4316fd4ff.thumb.png.160e8640551f5c1233561ec1bb0ec4dd.png

And this is far from the only example I can recall. Just the only one I have screencapped since it happened in one my spaces.

Also, I don't see you much around here these days, hello. :y

• Like 3

Dropping in this bitch real quick, before I work on my costume, because "cultural appropriation" is one of the stupidest fucking concepts that has come from the liberal arts Dumblr crowd.

Society progresses and functions because we share shit. Everything from the language you speak, to the medicines that keep you alive, have been given to us by cultural exchange.

Like if you want to be an isolationist asshole that wants to aggressively guard everything that comes from you, then go live on some remote island and don't interact with the rest of society. You can do without modern medicine and tech and shit we've exchanged throughout history for the benefit of the species.
Have fun. No one will mourn your absence.

But let the rest of us exchange and progress.

• Like 8

On 10/25/2017 at 10:12 AM, Vae said:

Dropping in this bitch real quick, before I work on my costume, because "cultural appropriation" is one of the stupidest fucking concepts that has come from the liberal arts Dumblr crowd.

My "fave" thing about people like that (god i feel ashamed i used to be apart of that crowd) is that 99% of the people screaming about cultural appropriation are either:
-white as all hell 

-several generations removed from their culture and defensive about it. 

I've had a blog tell me it was cultural appropriation to get invited to a Korean Buddhist temple because I mentioned meditation being helpful for my anxiety. I cannot fathom being that far up my own asshole about someone else getting invited to a thing. The thing is!! There are a lot of people that want to, and adore, sharing their culture. In fact, most cultures love that! It's why games like Never Alone and Dreadout exist - it's a brief look into different cultural aspects people want to actively share. But it has literally never occurred to those kinds of people that someone might actually want to you to participate in their culture. Even southern dudes at the gas station ask me if I wanna go for a turkey shoot cuz they assume I'm a tourist. People want to actively share things they know about! How weird.

Another quick example was when I was visiting my mom's Bulgarian and Serbian friends. Had a lot of coffee and beer and food offered to me, got shown how to make ajvar, ate a ton of Ćevapi, passed out on their porch. Posted about it on tumblr and got a lot of positive response from Serbians, and some tumblr teen saying I shouldn't use other cultures to Promote My Blog (I have  uh. 10 followers, so yeah, no idea). 

Anyways rant over. I'm honestly also writing this to avoid doing homework 

• Like 3

i hate how i get hella anxious about trying to do something i've never done before.  it's usually only an issue if i'm by myself, so i must therefore conclude that i'm subconsciously afraid that i will do shit wrong, make a huge mess of it, and have no one around to save me when i inevitably burst into flames or explode or whatever it is i seem to think i'm gonna do.  this can be as simple as, like, driving to a place up the street that i've never been to.  doesn't matter if it's not far and there's very little chance of me getting lost, it's still spooky until i've already done it once or twice without issue.

long story short i have no confidence and idk what to do about it :^)

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Plants said:

My "fave" thing about people like that (god i feel ashamed i used to be apart of that crowd) is that 99% of the people screaming about cultural appropriation are either:
-white as all hell 

-several generations removed from their culture and defensive about it. 

I've had a blog tell me it was cultural appropriation to get invited to a Korean Buddhist temple because I mentioned meditation being helpful for my anxiety. I cannot fathom being that far up my own asshole about someone else getting invited to a thing. The thing is!! There are a lot of people that want to, and adore, sharing their culture. In fact, most cultures love that! It's why games like Never Alone and Dreadout exist - it's a brief look into different cultural aspects people want to actively share. But it has literally never occurred to those kinds of people that someone might actually want to you to participate in their culture. Even southern dudes at the gas station ask me if I wanna go for a turkey shoot cuz they assume I'm a tourist. People want to actively share things they know about! How weird.

Another quick example was when I was visiting my mom's Bulgarian and Serbian friends. Had a lot of coffee and beer and food offered to me, got shown how to make ajvar, ate a ton of Ćevapi, passed out on their porch. Posted about it on tumblr and got a lot of positive response from Serbians, and some tumblr teen saying I shouldn't use other cultures to Promote My Blog (I have  uh. 10 followers, so yeah, no idea). 

Anyways rant over. I'm honestly also writing this to avoid doing homework 

Even if it's a POC screaming about it, it doesn't entitle them to jack or shit.
Nothing entitles you to own and jealously guard something like social practices.

One of my friends described it as segregation, and that's literally what it is. Neat little categories and boundaries separating people by things like ancestry and race. Caucasians stay in this lane, blacks stay in this lane, hispanics stay in this lane, etc.
It's regressive as fuck, racist as fuck, and completely ass-backwards in the goal of treating everyone like equals.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

people need to stop fuckin culturally appropriating my scottish heritage if you arent scottish youre no longer allowed to eat fried chicken get fucked racists

as a southerner i will fight you to the death for this right 

How the people that pushed for things like "limited government," being "tough on crime," "states' rights," use of the term "globalism," and so many other things can literally admit they are code for despicable, racist, backwards ideas, but people keep on ignoring that reality or happily living with it.

21 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

I hate when people become so involved in politics, they legit forget what the real world looks like outside of twitter and forums; seeking comfort in a long, drawn-out post they made in between reading the latest Trump tweet which will net them 0 to 1 likes.

Because I know this was directed at me...

I made that statement because a person I know was arrested for sexual assault some time ago. I thought they were being horribly treated. They had not had a trial and it had been a long time. They were finally released because it turned out the person accusing them was being coerced into accusing them by the person actually abusing them.

The person close to me was black kid that knew the family. The person accusing was a young white girl. The abuser was her white father.

The other day somebody told me being tough on crime is necessary and that the kid should have been executed long ago because that's what we should do to people accused of raping children.

Unfortunately, some people can't escape politics. Their lives are tied to the opinions and beliefs of others.

I hate when people can't see that and forget what the real world looks like; they forget that the lives of countless others are at the whims of other people's "politics," seeking comfort in a shitpost they made between jacking off to the latest episodes of South Park which will net them 0 to 1 likes.

1 hour ago, MalletFace said:

Because I know this was directed at me...

I made that statement because a person I know was arrested for sexual assault some time ago. I thought they were being horribly treated. They had not had a trial and it had been a long time. They were finally released because it turned out the person accusing them was being coerced into accusing them by the person actually abusing them.

The person close to me was black kid that knew the family. The person accusing was a young white girl. The abuser was her white father.

The other day somebody told me being tough on crime is necessary and that the kid should have been executed long ago because that's what we should do to people accused of raping children.

Unfortunately, some people can't escape politics. Their lives are tied to the opinions and beliefs of others.

I hate when people can't see that and forget what the real world looks like; they forget that the lives of countless others are at the whims of other people's "politics," seeking comfort in a shitpost they made between jacking off to the latest episodes of South Park which will net them 0 to 1 likes.

Actually it was about someone on twitter.

tl;dr cause irrelevant.

Edit:

Also I just made the connection. ironic AF and it does apply to you too.

On 11/1/2017 at 1:43 PM, MalletFace said:

keep in mind that when people say stuff like "I'm sick of people talking about politics", what they actually mean is "I'm sick of people talking about politics I don't agree with." 

or, in the sepcific case of the chuds, it's "I'm sick of people being critical of Trump"

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Plants said:

I think it's possible to be sick of people telling each other to kill themselves over random single issues. Which happens. A lot. Unless you're new to The Online or something. 

people telling each other to kill themselves is just the internet in general, that's not specific to politics. 

32 minutes ago, kazooie said:

keep in mind that when people say stuff like "I'm sick of people talking about politics", what they actually mean is "I'm sick of people talking about politics I don't agree with." 

or, in the sepcific case of the chuds, it's "I'm sick of people being critical of Trump"

Your understanding of people and their personal values is as acute as it ever was.

I, for one, can't wait to usurp this forum and instate the Furred Reich.
We just need to place our saviour, Double Hitlerâ„¢ @Revates, at the head of this operation for it to be legit.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, kazooie said:

people telling each other to kill themselves is just the internet in general, that's not specific to politics. 

Pretending like it's not specific to politics on social media platforms kind of silly. There are entire "political" groups dedicated to harassing and doxing and callouts on every "side" for having bad politics (ie, not theirs). At that point I think it's fine to say you're sick of politics. 

• Like 2