Sar

Things that you hate! v2

On 11/1/2017 at 1:43 PM, MalletFace said:

I hate when people can't see that and forget what the real world looks like; they forget that the lives of countless others are at the whims of other people's "politics," seeking comfort in a shitpost they made between jacking off to the latest episodes of South Park which will net them 0 to 1 likes.

keep in mind that when people say stuff like "I'm sick of people talking about politics", what they actually mean is "I'm sick of people talking about politics I don't agree with." 

or, in the sepcific case of the chuds, it's "I'm sick of people being critical of Trump"

• Thanks 1

I think it's possible to be sick of people telling each other to kill themselves over random single issues. Which happens. A lot. Unless you're new to The Online or something. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Plants said:

I think it's possible to be sick of people telling each other to kill themselves over random single issues. Which happens. A lot. Unless you're new to The Online or something. 

people telling each other to kill themselves is just the internet in general, that's not specific to politics. 

32 minutes ago, kazooie said:

keep in mind that when people say stuff like "I'm sick of people talking about politics", what they actually mean is "I'm sick of people talking about politics I don't agree with." 

or, in the sepcific case of the chuds, it's "I'm sick of people being critical of Trump"

Your understanding of people and their personal values is as acute as it ever was.

I, for one, can't wait to usurp this forum and instate the Furred Reich.
We just need to place our saviour, Double Hitler™ @Revates, at the head of this operation for it to be legit.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Vae said:

I, for one, can't wait to usurp this forum and instate the Furred Reich.
We just need to place our saviour, Double Hitler™ @Revates, at the head of this operation for it to be legit.

what does revates even have to do with this, what the hell

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kazooie said:

He's the second coming of our Furrist, Double Hitler™.
We've known this for months now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, kazooie said:

people telling each other to kill themselves is just the internet in general, that's not specific to politics. 

Pretending like it's not specific to politics on social media platforms kind of silly. There are entire "political" groups dedicated to harassing and doxing and callouts on every "side" for having bad politics (ie, not theirs). At that point I think it's fine to say you're sick of politics. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kazooie said:

I can't wait to build that wall and extra strength deport you into mega inner Canada.

#MAGA 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

I can't wait to build that wall and extra strength deport you into mega inner Canada.

make peenixed great again

On 11/1/2017 at 3:27 PM, Battlechili said:

DRM

"DRM refers to Digital Restrictions Management. That's the practice of developing software specifically to restrict the user"
  /
lZrWK0F.jpg

• Like 2

This daylights savings time bullshit. Why do people act like they can add/remove an hour from the space-time continuum just by changing what their clock says? All it does is make the clock wrong and inconvenience everyone.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2017 at 5:46 PM, WALFTEAM said:

"DRM refers to Digital Restrictions Management. That's the practice of developing software specifically to restrict the user"
  /
lZrWK0F.jpg

RMS is quite the sexy beast.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

These new like features are different and I don't like them. And I don't like them solely because they are different. I'm becoming a crotchety old man.

Great job web team, your efforts are begrudgingly appreciated :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

These new like features are different and I don't like them. And I don't like them solely because they are different. I'm becoming a crotchety old man.

Great job web team, your efforts are begrudgingly appreciated :)

I duuno, I find them amusing. I haven't posted much, but this gives a whole new way to comment on posts, either genuinely or with irony, without really posting at all. Hopefully, they also bring some more traffic back to the forums, seems very slow...nosed in and posted some, but geez, it's very quiet here these days. Lots of furs I miss seeing.

Well, now folks can react with haha, sad, and confused, at least :)

• Confused 1

I just want us to add a "this post is fucking stupid" reaction, and we're golden.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Entitled snobs who think they are better when they're not.

I was training with some new guy to HEMA and we were practicing going at openings in various guards.

Not only were his swings powerless and sloppy (I mean flat of the sword ain't gonna do shit) he also came at the guards from the wrong direction. When I told him that this is not a good place to come from, he threw a fucking tantrum.

In fact, every time ANYTHING changed from the default position, he threw a fit and a streak of complaints, even if it was a part of the training to vary things a tiny bit to learn to react.

I also told him his grip on the sword was pretty bad, and that he was gonna get wrist pains sooner or later if he didn't fix it. Well, he rejected my advice on that...and literally within five minutes he was swinging his wrists in the air trying to soothe the ache in them lmao.

And every time he fucked up he blamed me. Sure, I ain't perfect and I'm learning too, but I have learned things incredibly fast and he even asked me how long I've been at this. At least I fucking listen when people try to teach me and correct my stances and grips. I don't expect to be an expert out of the box.

I'm rather quite annoyed at him for ruining my generally fun practicing.

On 11/6/2017 at 8:09 PM, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

I was training with some new guy to HEMA and we were practicing going at openings in various guards.

Not only were his swings powerless and sloppy (I mean flat of the sword ain't gonna do shit) he also came at the guards from the wrong direction. When I told him that this is not a good place to come from, he threw a fucking tantrum.

In fact, every time ANYTHING changed from the default position, he threw a fit and a streak of complaints, even if it was a part of the training to vary things a tiny bit to learn to react.

I also told him his grip on the sword was pretty bad, and that he was gonna get wrist pains sooner or later if he didn't fix it. Well, he rejected my advice on that...and literally within five minutes he was swinging his wrists in the air trying to soothe the ache in them lmao.

And every time he fucked up he blamed me. Sure, I ain't perfect and I'm learning too, but I have learned things incredibly fast and he even asked me how long I've been at this. At least I fucking listen when people try to teach me and correct my stances and grips. I don't expect to be an expert out of the box.

I'd HEMA with you, it'd be fun as fuck

• Like 2

On 11/7/2017 at 6:39 AM, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

Don't worry, he'll be the first to go when the castle is stormed.

• Like 1

I hate it when for my project, worth 30% of my grade (in about 5 hours), has a work distribution like this (because fuck me right?)

meta-chart.jpeg

On 11/9/2017 at 8:09 AM, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

Do it.

E: goddammit too early.

5a079431e22b7_download(5).jpg.e6a118cf6ca7995e51a27df770f3fedf.jpg

• Like 2

Me: "I need to start working out."
Friend: "You're not fat. You don't need to. You're attractive already."
Me: "That's nice. But I want to start working out again."
Friend: "But you're fine the way you are."
Me: "I don't. Fucking. Care. I just want to be in a different shape than I am now."

Do I fit your beauty standards? Great! Fantastic!
But it wasn't a beg for compliments. You asked me what I've been doing, and I told you, because that was the topic of conversation.
Don't tell me how to evaluate my own appearance and my own personal standards. I know what I want, and I know where I like to be.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

These forums feel fucking dead. At this point everyone is more active on Twitter.

dwPE2Aw.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

When people ask me "what do you get out of listening to this?" when I enjoy a music genre that they don't, particularly metal.

just ask them "what do you get out of being an asshole"

• Haha 1

Recurring DNS errors that make me think Peenixed died.

I should probably get on the discord or something.

also I hate it when I go to take off in my truck and I hit a bump or something and it makes me rock forward in the cab.. my foot presses the accelerator or clutch more than intended so the truck jumps forward and then I get thrown back and enter a feedback loop of lurching around like an idiot.

• Like 2

Bought a piece of clothing on Ebay from an obvious Chinese seller, the item itself came from Massachusetts. But seller had Chinese name and item was in Chinese size. I measured myself and looked at their sizing chart, and picked appropriately.

Shit was still too small, despite being a Chinese 4XL size. What, are they midgets over there? Tried to exchange it, and the seller said "I will give you $5 back and you keep the item." Second time Chinese seller on Ebay has done that shit. It was $15, I would have taken $10-12 back, but I pressed and person finally refunded and took a return shipment.

So I ordered a second one. Never showed up 3 weeks later. Asked for a refund. Guy just gave me a refund, no questions asked.

On 10/23/2017 at 9:29 PM, Silo said:

@Crazy Lee

Didn't want to see that fam.

How do you think I feel when I see that shit all over furry social networks.

On 10/24/2017 at 10:21 AM, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

"Cultural appropriation" as a "nope" thing.

I remember in my high school days over a decade ago all the stoner skater hippie teens all had dreadlocks because they were a part of that Rastafarian stoner culture. No one gave a fuck. Now? White people with dreds are "stealing black people's culture." People just wanna fucking whine about shit.

• Like 2

when i have to get up and go somewhere, so i end up dreaming about waking up/not sleeping well/running late. 

• Like 1

when someone lay on they horn because i had to slow down to make a tight turn into a parking lot

because god forbid you should have to wait a few seconds so that the person in front of you doesn't t-bone another car or hit a pedestrian!

supposed to take medicine once a week, run out of current supply just in time for a doctor visit, doctor says he'll order a refill once he changes the dose

1 week later, still no call from pharmacy???  thx guys i love missing entire doses of medicine and fucking up my body and my routine

• Sad 1

So, fun furry drama time. I'm friends with a few furs who are friends with another guy who decided to friend me on FB. I've only met the guy a handful of times but I said why not, friended him back. Note that he's in a gay relationship with another guy I know who's a nice fellow.

The other day, he comments negatively about the "any gendered" bathrooms at MFF. Calls trans people "Transvestites" and "disgusting", "If you're a man stay a man, if you're a woman stay a woman." Joy. I personally replied "People can be whoever they want." Some people went the angry SJW route and called him an asshole and threatened to beat him up (predictable).

I posted in a friends-only post that I wasn't sure if I should continue being friends with him. One of the people who were mutual friends with both of us said I was being like a snowflake because I wanted to stop being friends with someone I disagreed with. Yea, thanks, maybe you can join him. In any case, this guy I don't know well, and I can be friends or not be friends with whoever I feel with. I'm friends with people I disagree with politically, does that make me a snowflake? Or is it just considering not following someone on Facebook that I only casually know?

Then later on the guy apologized but with the persecution complex apology. As in "I am sorry I offended people but why are you angry that I'm just expressing my opinion." type of thing, as in not understanding why people are angry. He said in his defense "I just hate the actual sex change, I don't hate trans people." Uh, no, I screencapped your comment, you said they were disgusting and should stay their birth gender. And now there's white knights, the conservatives who are like "Everyone's triggered nowadays about nothing. You don't have a right to your own opinion, just theirs."

So yea, lots of stupidity on both sides.

Oh, what do I hate?
- I hate it when people, especially gays who themselves were treated like shit, treat trans people like shit as well.
- I hate it when people tell other people they can't live their personal lives the way they want, either trans people or gays or whatever.
- I hate it when people threaten violence because they disagree with you (Looking at you SJWs).
- I hate it when people (looking at the right side this time) who say something controversial and then get all upset and act persecuted if people get upset about that opinion. You have a right to an opinion. Other people have a right to be upset and disagree with you, and even say they think you're an idiot.
- I hate it when people think I'm a snowflake for making choices in who I friend. I can friend or unfriend whoever I want, and especially someone I don't know well, there's nothing wrong with saying "is this person worth my time?"

20 hours ago, Silo said:

Why shouldn't they be popular?

from what I can tell the tweet is some has-been actress trying to imply California is burning because of Trump and not because, you know, fire has been a natural component of the environment for long enough that many species of trees have come to depend on it for reproduction

AKA

xeYzahc.jpg

• Thanks 1

Well the guy in question was pretty apologetic about what happened. Said he was sorry he hurt anyone. But some people posted that people were just easily offended and he should just be able to post whatever he wants, and if it gets people upset tough shit, and he seemed to reply more to those people than others. So who knows if he'll actually learn anything.

In other news I hate Walmart and I hope their evil corporate empire burns to the ground. Why?

I had bought tires from them a while back that had pro-rated tread warranty. The tires were now almost worn, down to the wear bars, and it's snowing, so I went back to get new tires, but with the warranty so the new tires would be at a discount. For 50k mile tires I think I only did about 20-25k of miles.

Walmart installed the new tires and then told me I had to pay the full amount, and the warranty didn't apply because the tires were "bald". They were not fully bald, they were just down to the wear bars. Plus, the warranty applies BECAUSE they're almost bald before the 50k mile mark had been reached.

But since the tires had been installed, there was little I could do. So Tomorrow, when the manager is in, I think I'll go down there and start putting heads on platters and if they don't want to mop up the blood they will give the fucking discount I was supposed to get. It was in the contract when I bought the first tires, so it's a breach of contract anyway.

Last time I buy tires from Walmart.