Things that you hate! v2

Sar

38 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

These new like features are different and I don't like them. And I don't like them solely because they are different. I'm becoming a crotchety old man.

Great job web team, your efforts are begrudgingly appreciated :)

I duuno, I find them amusing. I haven't posted much, but this gives a whole new way to comment on posts, either genuinely or with irony, without really posting at all. Hopefully, they also bring some more traffic back to the forums, seems very slow...nosed in and posted some, but geez, it's very quiet here these days. Lots of furs I miss seeing.

Well, now folks can react with haha, sad, and confused, at least :)

• Confused 1

Entitled snobs who think they are better when they're not.

I was training with some new guy to HEMA and we were practicing going at openings in various guards.

Not only were his swings powerless and sloppy (I mean flat of the sword ain't gonna do shit) he also came at the guards from the wrong direction. When I told him that this is not a good place to come from, he threw a fucking tantrum.

In fact, every time ANYTHING changed from the default position, he threw a fit and a streak of complaints, even if it was a part of the training to vary things a tiny bit to learn to react.

I also told him his grip on the sword was pretty bad, and that he was gonna get wrist pains sooner or later if he didn't fix it. Well, he rejected my advice on that...and literally within five minutes he was swinging his wrists in the air trying to soothe the ache in them lmao.

And every time he fucked up he blamed me. Sure, I ain't perfect and I'm learning too, but I have learned things incredibly fast and he even asked me how long I've been at this. At least I fucking listen when people try to teach me and correct my stances and grips. I don't expect to be an expert out of the box.

I'm rather quite annoyed at him for ruining my generally fun practicing.

On 11/6/2017 at 8:09 PM, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

I was training with some new guy to HEMA and we were practicing going at openings in various guards.

Not only were his swings powerless and sloppy (I mean flat of the sword ain't gonna do shit) he also came at the guards from the wrong direction. When I told him that this is not a good place to come from, he threw a fucking tantrum.

In fact, every time ANYTHING changed from the default position, he threw a fit and a streak of complaints, even if it was a part of the training to vary things a tiny bit to learn to react.

I also told him his grip on the sword was pretty bad, and that he was gonna get wrist pains sooner or later if he didn't fix it. Well, he rejected my advice on that...and literally within five minutes he was swinging his wrists in the air trying to soothe the ache in them lmao.

And every time he fucked up he blamed me. Sure, I ain't perfect and I'm learning too, but I have learned things incredibly fast and he even asked me how long I've been at this. At least I fucking listen when people try to teach me and correct my stances and grips. I don't expect to be an expert out of the box.

I'd HEMA with you, it'd be fun as fuck

• Like 2

On 11/7/2017 at 6:39 AM, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

Don't worry, he'll be the first to go when the castle is stormed.

• Like 1

Me: "I need to start working out."
Friend: "You're not fat. You don't need to. You're attractive already."
Me: "That's nice. But I want to start working out again."
Friend: "But you're fine the way you are."
Me: "I don't. Fucking. Care. I just want to be in a different shape than I am now."

Do I fit your beauty standards? Great! Fantastic!
But it wasn't a beg for compliments. You asked me what I've been doing, and I told you, because that was the topic of conversation.
Don't tell me how to evaluate my own appearance and my own personal standards. I know what I want, and I know where I like to be.

• Like 1

also I hate it when I go to take off in my truck and I hit a bump or something and it makes me rock forward in the cab.. my foot presses the accelerator or clutch more than intended so the truck jumps forward and then I get thrown back and enter a feedback loop of lurching around like an idiot.

• Like 2

Bought a piece of clothing on Ebay from an obvious Chinese seller, the item itself came from Massachusetts. But seller had Chinese name and item was in Chinese size. I measured myself and looked at their sizing chart, and picked appropriately.

Shit was still too small, despite being a Chinese 4XL size. What, are they midgets over there? Tried to exchange it, and the seller said "I will give you $5 back and you keep the item." Second time Chinese seller on Ebay has done that shit. It was $15, I would have taken $10-12 back, but I pressed and person finally refunded and took a return shipment.

So I ordered a second one. Never showed up 3 weeks later. Asked for a refund. Guy just gave me a refund, no questions asked.

On 10/23/2017 at 9:29 PM, Silo said:

@Crazy Lee

Didn't want to see that fam.

How do you think I feel when I see that shit all over furry social networks.

On 10/24/2017 at 10:21 AM, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

"Cultural appropriation" as a "nope" thing.

I remember in my high school days over a decade ago all the stoner skater hippie teens all had dreadlocks because they were a part of that Rastafarian stoner culture. No one gave a fuck. Now? White people with dreds are "stealing black people's culture." People just wanna fucking whine about shit.

• Like 2

when someone lay on they horn because i had to slow down to make a tight turn into a parking lot

because god forbid you should have to wait a few seconds so that the person in front of you doesn't t-bone another car or hit a pedestrian!

supposed to take medicine once a week, run out of current supply just in time for a doctor visit, doctor says he'll order a refill once he changes the dose

1 week later, still no call from pharmacy???  thx guys i love missing entire doses of medicine and fucking up my body and my routine

• Sad 1

So, fun furry drama time. I'm friends with a few furs who are friends with another guy who decided to friend me on FB. I've only met the guy a handful of times but I said why not, friended him back. Note that he's in a gay relationship with another guy I know who's a nice fellow.

The other day, he comments negatively about the "any gendered" bathrooms at MFF. Calls trans people "Transvestites" and "disgusting", "If you're a man stay a man, if you're a woman stay a woman." Joy. I personally replied "People can be whoever they want." Some people went the angry SJW route and called him an asshole and threatened to beat him up (predictable).

I posted in a friends-only post that I wasn't sure if I should continue being friends with him. One of the people who were mutual friends with both of us said I was being like a snowflake because I wanted to stop being friends with someone I disagreed with. Yea, thanks, maybe you can join him. In any case, this guy I don't know well, and I can be friends or not be friends with whoever I feel with. I'm friends with people I disagree with politically, does that make me a snowflake? Or is it just considering not following someone on Facebook that I only casually know?

Then later on the guy apologized but with the persecution complex apology. As in "I am sorry I offended people but why are you angry that I'm just expressing my opinion." type of thing, as in not understanding why people are angry. He said in his defense "I just hate the actual sex change, I don't hate trans people." Uh, no, I screencapped your comment, you said they were disgusting and should stay their birth gender. And now there's white knights, the conservatives who are like "Everyone's triggered nowadays about nothing. You don't have a right to your own opinion, just theirs."

So yea, lots of stupidity on both sides.

Oh, what do I hate?
- I hate it when people, especially gays who themselves were treated like shit, treat trans people like shit as well.
- I hate it when people tell other people they can't live their personal lives the way they want, either trans people or gays or whatever.
- I hate it when people threaten violence because they disagree with you (Looking at you SJWs).
- I hate it when people (looking at the right side this time) who say something controversial and then get all upset and act persecuted if people get upset about that opinion. You have a right to an opinion. Other people have a right to be upset and disagree with you, and even say they think you're an idiot.
- I hate it when people think I'm a snowflake for making choices in who I friend. I can friend or unfriend whoever I want, and especially someone I don't know well, there's nothing wrong with saying "is this person worth my time?"

20 hours ago, Silo said:

Why shouldn't they be popular?

from what I can tell the tweet is some has-been actress trying to imply California is burning because of Trump and not because, you know, fire has been a natural component of the environment for long enough that many species of trees have come to depend on it for reproduction

AKA

xeYzahc.jpg

• Thanks 1

Well the guy in question was pretty apologetic about what happened. Said he was sorry he hurt anyone. But some people posted that people were just easily offended and he should just be able to post whatever he wants, and if it gets people upset tough shit, and he seemed to reply more to those people than others. So who knows if he'll actually learn anything.

In other news I hate Walmart and I hope their evil corporate empire burns to the ground. Why?

I had bought tires from them a while back that had pro-rated tread warranty. The tires were now almost worn, down to the wear bars, and it's snowing, so I went back to get new tires, but with the warranty so the new tires would be at a discount. For 50k mile tires I think I only did about 20-25k of miles.

Walmart installed the new tires and then told me I had to pay the full amount, and the warranty didn't apply because the tires were "bald". They were not fully bald, they were just down to the wear bars. Plus, the warranty applies BECAUSE they're almost bald before the 50k mile mark had been reached.

But since the tires had been installed, there was little I could do. So Tomorrow, when the manager is in, I think I'll go down there and start putting heads on platters and if they don't want to mop up the blood they will give the fucking discount I was supposed to get. It was in the contract when I bought the first tires, so it's a breach of contract anyway.

Last time I buy tires from Walmart.

5 hours ago, Wolflich said:

I hate that discord won't let me send files to someone directly to get around its upload limit, like I've been able to do since AIM. I wonder what would happen if I archived the files in hundreds of little bits...

Just dropbox it?
Or Megaupload.
Or whatever the kids are using nowadays.

15 hours ago, Vae said:

Just dropbox it?
Or Megaupload.
Or whatever the kids are using nowadays.

If anything I'd probably end up making a torrent for it instead so I don't have to sign up for anything. It just annoys me that there's an extra step now which I wouldn't have had to take with a bunch of older and otherwise worse programs.

1 hour ago, Wolflich said:

If anything I'd probably end up making a torrent for it instead so I don't have to sign up for anything. It just annoys me that there's an extra step now which I wouldn't have had to take with a bunch of older and otherwise worse programs.

I mean, there are plenty of file-dumping services that don't require you to make an account.

You just have to copy the link afterwords.

Had a bunch of snow dumped on us last week.

Was traveling down a dirt road that was basically ruts and snow. Barely enough room for two cars to pass each other. So what does this SUV, looked like an escalade, or some newer luxury brand, do? Tails me while I'm doing 30mph, then passes me with inches between my car and theirs. Flys down the unplowed road.

Well I'm glad to know that some self-important shit decided they were in a big ass hurry to go to their generic middle-management white collar job and that necessitated driving 60 on snow covered roads. But, but, they protested, "This car ad of the vehicle I bought shows it driving on top of the snow like it was fucking snow Jesus. That's why I got a luxury SUV."

Unfortunately dumbasses buy into the idea that some expensive car with traction control can just drive through a foot of snow like it's not there and will hopefully impale themselves on a tree at some point in the future.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hate how everyone seems to have no idea where they are or what's going on when they're driving.

Yesterday I was driving to Mickey Dick's. The route I normally take is down a road between McD's and another restaurant, since the intersection has a stoplight. Another car in front of me got in the turn lane and started hesitating and dithering in front of the driveway to the other restaurant so I got in the lane ahead of them to make my left turn down Second St.

Then this idiot behind me, that until this point was giving every indication of wanting to go to the taco shop, turns down Second Street after me. For a split second I felt like an asshole for cutting them off -- then I realized this was rush hour in a very busy part of town and I can't be blocking traffic waiting for some idiot to finish Facetweeting long enough to decide what the fuck they're trying to do.

Make up your mind or I'm gonna make up your mind for you, mother fucker.

Another shitty driver post.
Sitting at a stop light in left turn lane, and every lane was full of cars. Suddenly to the left of me (IE in the lanes going the other way), somebody in a hurry swerved around the stopped traffic and flew through the intersection and the red light. And then flew through the next red light that was about 200 feet down the road. And it was not like it was accidentally going through a red light, since this person had to go AROUND stopped traffic like an ambulance might in order to run the red lights. This person deliberately ran two red lights, and then drove towards a nearby university. Idiot college student I guess. Amazing how bad drivers are becoming nowadays.

Also, fun times with both my doctor's office and pharmacy. The Tuesday before MLK day I noticed I was low on meds. I called up a refill on them. I was told one of them had expired and they had to get a new prescription from the doctors, and they said they'd send a refill request to the office. I checked in every other day at least only for them to tell me they were waiting to hear back from the doctor's office. The pharmacy was staffed by a bunch of young people who looked fresh out of school and didn't seem to give a fuck to following through to see if my doctor received the request, they probably just clicked a button on their screens and then didn't give a fuck about it after. Typical Gen Y and Gen Z.

Had to wait until after MLK day for my doctor's office to open, and I was out of that medication at that point. I called them Tuesday and found out they never received the renewal request. Of course. So they asked me which medication I needed renewed and then sent the WRONG medication, something that was $1000/month and not covered by insurance, so I had to get them to send the right medication. I finally picked up my damn medication last Thursday, a week and a half after I put in the request. It does seem like both the pharmacy and doctor's office are run by incompetent idiots.

waking up sick for the third time in 2 months:

-having to call in, also for the third time in 2 months

-having to cancel important things i had planned

-being afraid to take my damn medicine while sick

-fevers

-feeling like i'm drowning because there's so much nasty shit in my throat

-only having an ancient box of cherry sucrets because i used up all the good cough drops on my previous cold i just got over

-getting less than 5 hours of sleep

-getting nauseous if i get warm or move around too much

-not knowing how long it will last this time and praying it goes away enough that i can get back to work in 3 days because i can't afford to keep calling in

• Sad 1