Things that you hate! v2

Sar

On 2/7/2018 at 4:44 PM, Chaosmasterdelta said:

The thing that the doctor puts on your arm that just keeps getting tighter and tighter untill it feels like its going to squeeze your arm to death.

Sphygmomanometer.

Also I hate how even though I restrict myself a SHITLOAD when mapping to try and appeal to the third world shitters trying to play Half-Life on a $3 pocket calculator, they STILL complain.

Nerd shit time:

Half-Life has an ingame metric called from the console, named after its CVAR, R_SPEEDS [0/1]. R_speeds is a measure of how many polygons are being drawn by the engine in each particular frame, and is generally used to help optimize maps -- mostly by picking a target r_speeds "wpoly" (world polygon) value and trying to stay below it. Most of the maps that came with the game when it came out in 1998 have wpoly between 300-500, with peaks around 800 in huge arenas like Surface Tension. During the game's heyday in the early 2000s, the general target was below 1000 wpoly.

In [CURRENT YEAR] I still try my damnedest to stay below 1300 wpoly; meanwhile everyone else goes as high as 5000 for a single room.

and these third world fuckers are STILL bitching.

It ain't my fault your computer can't handle a game that's old enough to fucking buy itself a beer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hit a group of potholes on the highway deep enough that I heard a loud bang from them, and destroyed my suspension.

After I went through them, I passed a dozen or more disabled cars on the side of the road, but mine kept going and the tires didn't seem to be flat. It wasn't until later that I discovered that my struts were leaking and my wheel bearing was fucked up worse than I've ever seen wheel bearings damaged before.

A local repair shop wanted $1050.... $600 for the struts and $450 for the bearing. I took the estimate and thanked them, I've never seen a bearing cost more than $300, and the struts could be had for a few hundred. I already ordered new struts for $250. Wheel bearing kit for $55. Now to get the tools to fix them all myself. I'm still going to demand the state reimburse me and fight it until I win or I've exhausted all options, but the state will probably refuse me.

For some reason Michigan's roads are absolute shit this year, the worst I've ever seen them any year. To the point that the news has been talking about it and memes have been created over it.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/25/michigan-pothole-so-large-police-officer-stands-knee-deep.html
http://www.951ksky.com/2018/02/26/michigan-news-crew-films-19-cars-falling-victim-to-a-giant-pothole-video/

One of the things that pisses me the fuck off is that our Republican-run state government, with our Republican governor, gave everyone a tax break that will be about $25 per person.... but will cost the state $180 mil a year in tax revenue. Money that could be used to FIX THE FUCKING ROADS. $25 more per year in taxes is not going to fucking pay for the $300-500 of suspension damage that has happened to my car, but $180 mil could go far to fixing at least some of the worst roads. But Republicans love lowering taxes but not cutting spending cuz it gets them re-elected, and not using government funds for important things like infrastructure.

Here's an actual video I recorded of a really bad stretch of road near a friend's house (this was not the road where my car was damaged).

GPOE8P-4.png.aa74af75e9cd6b3cabb00886de6f9f2f.png

This room.

This fucking room.

You walk in and bust the crate. It drops something, and you go to pick it up.

BOOM.

Explosive mine trap deletes half your health and floors your ass.

You get up and go after the item again.

It's nothing but a fucking monomate.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming out. There's just no easy way to do it, and both times when I came out separately to each of my parents in the past week, I just wanted to throw myself into a hole afterwards. They're not exactly okay with it, but they still support me and are not getting in my way at all, so I'm lucky for that. I just wish being gay weren't something that had to be given any special attention, and as tempting as it is to act that way, it just isn't practical in a lot of situations.

Does it get any easier?

• Like 1

On 4/3/2018 at 1:00 PM, Mapa said:

Coming out. There's just no easy way to do it, and both times when I came out separately to each of my parents in the past week, I just wanted to throw myself into a hole afterwards. They're not exactly okay with it, but they still support me and are not getting in my way at all, so I'm lucky for that. I just wish being gay weren't something that had to be given any special attention, and as tempting as it is to act that way, it just isn't practical in a lot of situations.

Does it get any easier?

On the bright side you get +5 on interior design skills.

On 04/04/2018 at 1:29 AM, Proper noun said:

sometimes i come back here and think about my old posts.

god i am dumb

Guess exactly what I'm doing right now... Yeah, I do this once every 6 months or around about that. The start of this and FAF 1.0 took up way too much of my teenage years.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2018 at 5:10 PM, Chaosmasterdelta said:

I cut the roof of my mouth somehow and now it hurts to eat.

One time I cut the roof of my mouth with the corner of a cheez-it. IT hurt to exist the next couple of days.

What up guys, I've been MIA with life stuff and school, hope you all are doing good.

I came here to vent today,

I got off the phone with my mom last night, my family lives in Texas. I, fortunately, do not (and certainly after hearing about these bastions of humanity I never will!). They told me stories about their neighbors and how they are. They try to put them in a good light at times, like how they invited my family over for giant meals and events at the beginning.

However, My mom told me that one of the fuckers THREW GASOLINE ON MY DOG! She didn't catch the guy in the act, but she saw my dog scratching and rolling around and licking himself, and the neighbor from far off walking into his house (which is why she suspected it was him). She had to douse my dog with the hose and give him a bath, this was a long ordeal and it didn't seem to be enough. Fortunately, he was okay.

But that shit makes my blood boil, it's a damn good thing I'm not there because honestly the emotional rage that gives me makes me want to spraypaint their house or shitty truck, do it like in "The girl with the dragon tattoo" and make it say:

ME OR MY GROSS FRIENDS ARE DOG ABUSING PIGS

Seriously, it almost makes me want to hire a hitman for vandalism, it's a shame that can't be tattooed on their foreheads. The police got called over to their place since my mom did see some guy walking away during the incident, but of course they can't be charged because there's no specific proof it was them, and they of course denied it. Still, hopefully getting a cop knocking on their door is enough at that point so they don't continue with anything like that.

I'm a pretty chill dude by nature, I avoid confrontation, but any particular incident concerning abuse animals or kids is going to make me rage. 

Apparently these other neighbors, dont know if they're all the same or different neighbors: also casually make jokes about lynching, abused their now-departed wife (My mom found a book from his passed wife that was about dealing with an abusive husband), and probably were the ones that ate my sister's pet rabbit (to be fair, there's no proof of this one and my parent's stupidly did let the poor damn monster live outside and under the house).

Yikes, whatever! I'm so glad I don't live there, this is why I'm wary of new people I don't know. I've not had a solid relationship with my parents but they've had it rough these many years, between the constant moving, my shit going on in my life, neighbors they thought they could trust but ended up stealing their cash savings out of their home, and my sister being bullied in school. I feel for them

When I partake interest in a topic that people are discussing during a conversation but feels like no one else engages with me and continues to actively talk to other people about it almost ignoring me or not acknowledging that I'm in the conversation with them, but when I try to make my voice heard and finally get someone's attention before they continue "their" conversation it's brief and the tone toward me is less enthusiastic. It makes me feel unwanted, like I annoyed them or pissed on their parade just for trying to converse. If I change the topic to try to get conversation going between me and others I look like the retard who's derailing the current topic.

Not gonna bother making a rant for this. 

I hate that I have become Mae Borowski from Night in the Woods. I dropped out of university and currently I'm visiting my parents. In the town I was born in we went to a mall that used to be pretty well visited last time we went there, now most stores are empty, there er very few people shopping and it's gonna be closed for good soon.

That game hit pretty close to home way too much anyway. But that was pretty awful.

If you don't hear from me again I was killed by a murder cult that worships a Lovecraftian demon goat.

• 2 weeks later...

These are the only two sections that exist for this class next semester. It's not even like the more reasonable times filled up -- there just... aren't any. Also have another class that's only offered nights MWF. College is gonna be a blast.

Screenshot_20180429-093929.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/1/2018 at 8:06 AM, Chaosmasterdelta said:

Text that is so tiny in games that even if I lean forward and squint, I still wouldnt be able to really make out what it says. This isnt limited to text either. In stardew valley, I had to get up and move right next to the tv in order to see what eye color I was choosing,

I hate this in games and when people take and post screenshots of messages and things. There's not a lot of point in having something for people to read if they can't actually read it.

• Like 2

On 7/28/2018 at 12:40 AM, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

That I'm embarrassed to have an OC. I made a (human) OC for Tekken, and I really want to write a story about her, but I'm so nervous that people will think she's "cringy" and shit like that.

Fuck them, then. 

Do what you want. 

On 28/07/2018 at 5:40 AM, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

That I'm embarrassed to have an OC. I made a (human) OC for Tekken, and I really want to write a story about her, but I'm so nervous that people will think she's "cringy" and shit like that.

Doing stuff is how we learn to do it better. Write the story anyway, but start small - share it only with people you can trust to be a) interested and b) constructive in their criticism. And be resigned to the fact that some people will always think it's cringeworthy to write fan-fiction, especially with OCs.

Side-thought: does she even need to be an insert for the Tekken universe? It's not like Tekken has a sane and rational plot. You could make your own universe.

On 8/3/2018 at 2:44 AM, Faust said:

Doing stuff is how we learn to do it better. Write the story anyway, but start small - share it only with people you can trust to be a) interested and b) constructive in their criticism. And be resigned to the fact that some people will always think it's cringeworthy to write fan-fiction, especially with OCs.

Side-thought: does she even need to be an insert for the Tekken universe? It's not like Tekken has a sane and rational plot. You could make your own universe.

In this situation, yes, because she has a direct connection to all the Devil Gene bullshit and Steve Fox.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...