Things that you hate! v2

Sar

I'm sorry but I cannot take the word triggered seriously anymore
But man that sucks

Speaking of... I hate how "triggered" and "trigger" cannot be taken seriously. It's frustrating that to explain something that I could easily say "__ is my trigger", I have to skirt around that and explain how "___ gives me a huge anxiety attack" and so on. Thanks internet, you fucked it.

Speaking of... I hate how "triggered" and "trigger" cannot be taken seriously. It's frustrating that to explain something that I could easily say "__ is my trigger", I have to skirt around that and explain how "___ gives me a huge anxiety attack" and so on. Thanks internet, you fucked it.

One of my roommates has a panic disorder and I understand the sentiment. He will go into elaborate detail to avoid using the word just because anyone with an internet connection immediately associates "triggered" with 17 year old girls who self-diagnose with PTSD after getting called fat on twitter.

It's one of those situations where well-intentioned idiots who claim to advocate for those afflicted with mental illness end up further entrenching normies in their beliefs that it's all made up.

• Like 3

My dad's trying to get in contact with me and I'm triggered to hell. 

We've never really talked, he ran away before I was born. I want to tell him to fuck off, but at the same time he actually initiated contact. I'm scared I'm gonna be rejected again. 

I don't even know who he is except for I share a bunch of my genetics with him. 

I wanna try for my own conscious, but damn... what the fuck... my mind is a clusterfuck of self loathing right now.

Something I know all to well, but worse.

Lol, might explain my current outlook on life. =/

One of my roommates has a panic disorder and I understand the sentiment. He will go into elaborate detail to avoid using the word just because anyone with an internet connection immediately associates "triggered" with 17 year old girls who self-diagnose with PTSD after getting called fat on twitter.
It's one of those situations where well-intentioned idiots who claim to advocate for those afflicted with mental illness end up further entrenching normies in their beliefs that it's all made up.

Unfortunately, the emphasis that the term "trigger" gives someone's feelings incentivizes misuse. The only way around that is maintaining a very low tolerance for people falsely claiming a significant mental illness -- which isn't an easy thing to do given the how mental illness works in the first place. I wrote the term off a long time ago and try not to use it despite having panic disorder.

Edited by Onnes

Welp, the disposal unit in our sink is busted.

Okay.

We can't even use that in the house in which I am living. The disposer seals crapped out and then it started leaking really badly, especially every time the Dishwasher or Disposer was turned on. The house is near 50 years old and all the plumbing, wiring, lumber, drywall and everything which comprises the house has had many different standards, changes and laws affect how things work today compared to fifty years ago.

I am looking at having to replace it entirely or possibly even the whole damn sink and drainpipe leading to the wall to fix the food disposer side of the sink in my kitchen. For now, I have been unable to use it for about 2 years and I have jury-rigged a baffle in the secondary pipe leading from the drain in the dishwasher to the food disposer in order to prevent water from pouring out on the floor under the sink and cabinets. We have to use the strainer side and scrape the extra food bits from plates into a container and either throw it out or flush it down the toilet. 

Finding the proper seals for the sink is a tall order. Finding hardware to repair most anything in the house is a tall order. In the United States the two largest hardware stores to find that are Home Depot and Lowe's. Neither carries all the components necessary for most of the repair projects which I have embarked. It really disgusts me to have to make two stops because I can't get a doom-a-flawchie, a doo-hickey, widget, or a whatsit all in the same place. Often times I have to go to one, then the other, then to Ace hardware. Ace Hardware is actually pretty good sometimes. Sometimes they could improve things. The best part about Ace is their service. The people in there can tell you precisely how to repair your problem. They even give you advice and tell you what may go wrong in addition to prepare you for it.  Sometimes Ace gets it done. Sometimes it doesn't.

When Ace doesn't, I often have to go to a "niche" hardware store. Basically that is a hardware store that has stood and survived the test of time, the big box stores and has been in a family for 50-100 years and has tradition. They normally have any weird or esoteric parts, or they will be happy to get them for you. For the most part, I am okay with paying more for the part because the service is excellent. In Houston, Behring's Hardware is just such a store.

But because it might be expensive to repair, I have to wait until money is better. I am forced to just hang in there a while longer. I can't replace the sink or the pipes yet.

Edited by Skylar Husky

Fuck you guys (:V), I just woke up from a dream where an obviously FtM cop stole my weed and asked if it "triggered" me in a really condescending voice. Like he didn't take the jar, he took FROM the jar and put it in his and his deputy's pockets. I mean, a nuke had just gone off I was kidnapped by and escaped from God knows who, I just wanted a fucking toke. :<

They literally stuffed an ounce of weed I had JUST bought in their pockets and asked me if it triggered me. 

Yes I was triggered, I was kidnapped and a goddamn bomb just went off and you're buggin' me about havin' weed? Not only that, but you're NOT following ANY protocol besides "hurr durr you can't have this let me break the rules because fuck you and your weed, u mad?".

Yes I'm mad, eat shit! D:< 

Edited by Bloodshot_Eyes

Fuck you guys (:V), I just woke up from a dream where an obviously FtM cop stole my weed and asked if it "triggered" me in a really condescending voice. Like he didn't take the jar, he took FROM the jar and put it in his and his deputy's pockets. I mean, a nuke had just gone off I was kidnapped by and escaped from God knows who, I just wanted a fucking toke. :<

They literally stuffed an ounce of weed I had JUST bought in their pockets and asked me if it triggered me. 

Yes I was triggered, I was kidnapped and a goddamn bomb just went off and you're buggin' me about havin' weed? Not only that, but you're NOT following ANY protocol besides "hurr durr you can't have this let me break the rules because fuck you and your weed, u mad?".

Cool Story, bro.

10/10 would fap again. :v

Toaster works best.

By the time you've resorted to reheating frozen bread in a microwave, you're probably better off just mixing peanut butter and jelly in a bowl and eating it with a spoon. You can always add in some pieces of discarded paper grocery bags for the proper texture and flavor.

• Like 1

Toaster works best.

toast is awful. why would anyone want to eat burnt bread, I don't understand

By the time you've resorted to reheating frozen bread in a microwave, you're probably better off just mixing peanut butter and jelly in a bowl and eating it with a spoon. You can always add in some pieces of discarded paper grocery bags for the proper texture and flavor.

i'll have you know my microwave has a defrost setting that works perfectly on everything else

There is this cat at work. I first though it was just coming around for treats and lived in the neighborhood. Tonight it let me pet it and it was soooooooooo skinny. There is no way that cat has a home. Bones everywhere. :(

Going to try and bring it home with me next week and see if it's a fit. If not, I'm going to try and find it a new home or bring it to a no-kill shelter.

Poor kitty. I gave it a handful of chicken tonight (coworker gave it tuna the other night) but I still feel bad for it. My boss said it was ok to keep feeding it in the meantime though. 

Sounds like something I'd do :V

Classes in game that I like tend to get the short end of the stick...

Fucking sorcerers and wizards never get any of the durability that fighters get. I love having an assortment of abilities and spells, but having to drag a stupid tank along is not fun!

Fucking sorcerers and wizards never get any of the durability that fighters get. I love having an assortment of abilities and spells, but having to drag a stupid tank along is not fun!

If magic users were durable they'd be ridiculously op. The trade off for being able to nuke baddies from orbit is being fragile.

I like having a tank around, they're just another minion to do my bidding!

If magic users were durable they'd be ridiculously op. The trade off for being able to nuke baddies from orbit is being fragile.

I like having a tank around, they're just another minion to do my bidding!

That is... true. My Pillars of Eternity party has a dwarf fighter to take all the damage right now. Little bugger just runs around, or gets thrown into the fray. Sometimes, he even gets out without being knocked down first!

That is... true. My Pillars of Eternity party has a dwarf fighter to take all the damage right now. Little bugger just runs around, or gets thrown into the fray. Sometimes, he even gets out without being knocked down first!

the alternative is playing a mage like Fable 1 where you put some points into the shield spell that makes you invincible as long as you have mana so your combo never breaks and you level up at an exponential rate and immediately become an unstoppable killing machine

COOL GAME DESIGN~

Edited by Dijon
  • Like 2

I hate that when talking to furries online and I refer to someone as my "mate" (mate being a commonly used term to mean "friend" over here in Britain land) and people normally think I'm talking about a partner/lover >.<

That's America for you. You can join Fen and me anytime and be my m8. :P

• Like 1