Things that you hate! v2

Sar

38 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

I thought Youtube Poop died off around the early 2010s,

A bunch of my friends are sharing new ones. One of them has 1.4m views already, apparently the bee movie meme re-started the whole YTP thing.

I feel bad for content creators who spend time making intelligent, considered, or genuinely funny content, because they are always going to have less views that somebody who remixes rick and morty to make the characters say penis repeatedly. ._.

• Like 2

1. Views are not a limited resource. Thumbs-ups are not a limited resource.
Someone who likes a video where Bowser says "piss" for 10 minutes can also view and like a video about creating Renaissance-style paintings with your ass. Literally nothing about one of these prohibits the other, therefore nothing about their existence needs to be mutually exclusive.
Abloobloobloo, people don't like the same things I do. How dare they.

2. If we're bitching about people making garbage out of the integrity of the Bee movie, I'm gonna laugh myself right the fuck out of this apartment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vae said:

1. Views are not a limited resource. Thumbs-ups are not a limited resource.
Someone who likes a video where Bowser says "piss" for 10 minutes can also view and like a video about creating Renaissance-style paintings with your ass. Literally nothing about one of these prohibits the other, therefore nothing about their existence needs to be mutually exclusive.
Abloobloobloo, people don't like the same things I do. How dare they.

2. If we're bitching about people making garbage out of the integrity of the Bee movie, I'm gonna laugh myself right the fuck out of this apartment.

Time spent viewing is a limited resource actually. No one person has enough time (or patience) to read all the books in existence, so those books are competing for views.

Do you get it?

1 hour ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

Buyer's remorse.

What did you buy, out of curiosity?

• Like 1

Just now, Saxon said:

Ah. Yeah I hate it too, I kind of worry that the apprehensive feeling of potential buyer's remorse stops me buying things I would actually enjoy though.

I want to purchase a DAC or sound card, but I'm very anal about sound quality, so I don't want to blow $80-100 on something that might sound awful or not up to par with my expectations. I hate the RMA process, and I don't feel comfortable abusing a store's return policy, because at one point, I've gotten several warnings by amazon from doing that when I wasn't happy with certain headphones that I received from them. Right now, I'm on the fence about which one I want to buy, or any for that matter. My OCD has an incredible influence over what and when I purchase something, and it frustrates the hell out of me.

I'm nervous and crying right now. I just lost half of my right second molar because of a cavity that hasn't been taken care of for years, and it finally bit the dust (no pun intended). I was eating a sandwich, and then I thought I got a piece of meat stuck in my tooth because of the weird sensation I got when I maneuvered my tongue around the tooth, but then I looked into the mirror and said "no fucking way!", and panicked like the anxious vegetable that I am. I can't believe this! I'm so fucking scared of surgery and going under/on some kind of drugs while they're operating, plus, I don't like the feeling of being out of sorts, that makes my panic attacks worse. For fuck sake, I wish I wasn't a nervous person all my life.

23 minutes ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

I'm nervous and crying right now. I just lost half of my right second molar because of a cavity that hasn't been taken care of for years, and it finally bit the dust (no pun intended). I was eating a sandwich, and then I thought I got a piece of meat stuck in my tooth because of the weird sensation I got when I maneuvered my tongue around the tooth, but then I looked into the mirror and said "no fucking way!", and panicked like the anxious vegetable that I am. I can't believe this! I'm so fucking scared of surgery and going under/on some kind of drugs while they're operating, plus, I don't like the feeling of being out of sorts, that makes my panic attacks worse. For fuck sake, I wish I wasn't a nervous person all my life.

Hey, it will be alright. There's nothing to be afraid of.

They probably won't need to put you under to fix it, and even if in needs to come out you can expect just a local anesthetic. The back of your mouth isn't very sensitive so you can hardly feel it. And a broken tooth really isn't so bad as it used to be. Just be sure to have it looked at so you won't get an infection.

1 hour ago, Jtrekkie said:

Hey, it will be alright. There's nothing to be afraid of.

They probably won't need to put you under to fix it, and even if in needs to come out you can expect just a local anesthetic. The back of your mouth isn't very sensitive so you can hardly feel it. And a broken tooth really isn't so bad as it used to be. Just be sure to have it looked at so you won't get an infection.

It's more so the claustrophobic stuck-in-a-chair feeling that scares me. I don't like the feeling of not being able to escape as they're operating if I start to feel uncomfortable.

10 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Can you wear something else instead? Leotards, Speedos, wetsuits, kilts, moo-moos, spacesuits? You've got a ton of options!

I like the LOOK of pants, but I think I just need to buy pants that fit better. But even then, I wonder if that could satisfy me. The pants that I have either pinch my crotch (the WORST!!!) or slowly slide down my legs (and then I have to wear a belt, which sucks!). They're almost always too long to the point that I'm stepping on the bottoms, causing them to tear up. Even if I roll up the bottoms, they eventually unroll themselves. And when they're not too long, then they expose the bottoms of my legs when I'm sitting, and that's annoying too! And then I have this one pair of pants that I'm wearing right now, and the button fell off it so now the zipper is constantly going down. I constantly have to readjust my crotch area! And it makes me look like a pervert! And I am NOT a pervert!

8 minutes ago, SirRob said:

I like the LOOK of pants, but I think I just need to buy pants that fit better. But even then, I wonder if that could satisfy me. The pants that I have either pinch my crotch (the WORST!!!) or slowly slide down my legs (and then I have to wear a belt, which sucks!). They're almost always too long to the point that I'm stepping on the bottoms, causing them to tear up. Even if I roll up the bottoms, they eventually unroll themselves. And when they're not too long, then they expose the bottoms of my legs when I'm sitting, and that's annoying too! And then I have this one pair of pants that I'm wearing right now, and the button fell off it so now the zipper is constantly going down. I constantly have to readjust my crotch area! And it makes me look like a pervert! And I am NOT a pervert!

Sweat pants are usually comfy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

I want to purchase a DAC or sound card, but I'm very anal about sound quality, so I don't want to blow $80-100 on something that might sound awful or not up to par with my expectations. I hate the RMA process, and I don't feel comfortable abusing a store's return policy, because at one point, I've gotten several warnings by amazon from doing that when I wasn't happy with certain headphones that I received from them. Right now, I'm on the fence about which one I want to buy, or any for that matter. My OCD has an incredible influence over what and when I purchase something, and it frustrates the hell out of me.

I just bought a scarlett 2i2 external sound card, it's more designed for audio work stations but I love it.

16 minutes ago, Johanna Waya said:

I just bought a scarlett 2i2 external sound card, it's more designed for audio work stations but I love it.

I wonder at what point sound cards stopped being required to get sound from the PC outright, nowadays you only need one to get much better sound out or if you need XLR connectors and other professional sound connectivity.

In the 90s most people used soundblaster ones, or Roland ones if music was more important than games IIRC

24 minutes ago, Johanna Waya said:

I ordered this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B16X7WY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It's suppose to be better than the AQ DF Black 1.5v. Also, I was going to get the Solo 2nd Gen, but it seemed like too much for what I was going to use it for, which is mainly music.

How difficult it is to find deathcore CDs in the shops. If you are lucky you might find an album from a band signed to Nuclear Blast, but you can forget about those on smaller labels. Call me old fashioned if you want, but I prefer CDs over digital distribution because CDs offer higher quality sound and the booklets often contain cool artwork.

• Like 1

I hate that my classes are on different days so I now have to go to school 4 days a week instead of just two. I also hate that the word "math" is in the discription of one of the classes and the same class has no legroom when Im facing the table. Also both classes are probably going to require group stuff.

I hate that it's come to the point where I don't recognize ANY musical 'artists' (for lack of a better word) anymore. The gym has random names and what-not and they all have that same sound. 

I also hate that I can't ever afford to get myself a nice piece of commissioned artwork. I find myself getting pretty envious when people post awesome products that they have procured.

• Like 2

When I go to a new client at work, I often take some time to read their care notes (so I know a bit more about how to look after them).

The care notes are an absolute joke.

These are meant to be professional documents, and they all read like a child wrote them. Every single one. Wherever I go. The spelling and grammar is APPALLING, I can only hope that they have the same complete imbecile writing them all, because to think that more people at the company are this bad with basic English - or even bothering to proof read their professional documents - is a saddening thought.

I'd quite like to edit them. I wonder if they'd pay me to do that...

I just feel like it creates a terrible image for them company because it certainly LOOKS like the person(s) who wrote them all couldn't give two fucks about the quality of what they're putting out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

When I go to a new client at work, I often take some time to read their care notes (so I know a bit more about how to look after them).

The care notes are an absolute joke.

These are meant to be professional documents, and they all read like a child wrote them. Every single one. Wherever I go. The spelling and grammar is APPALLING, I can only hope that they have the same complete imbecile writing them all, because to think that more people at the company are this bad with basic English - or even bothering to proof read their professional documents - is a saddening thought.

I'd quite like to edit them. I wonder if they'd pay me to do that...

I just feel like it creates a terrible image for them company because it certainly LOOKS like the person(s) who wrote them all couldn't give two fucks about the quality of what they're putting out.

Eurgh, I hate that! Our code comments suffer the worst, but even our client-facing documentation is riddled with grammar errors. I wish they'd bring on a proper technical writer!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

Everyone's all hype about the Switch and I'm just like, "welp, I'll never get the money to afford it" and then I get depressed

what switch... is there some kind of utopian new world order coming on but you have to pay a fee or else you get purged?  because i don't really like the sound of that.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2017 at 6:20 AM, Vaer said:

I also hate that I can't ever afford to get myself a nice piece of commissioned artwork. I find myself getting pretty envious when people post awesome products that they have procured.

Me too :( Thats why most my art is my own, the only way you can afford to have art when youre broke is to make your own, but even then its still nice to see cool art done by amazing artists bringing your ideas to life

• Like 1

On 1/5/2017 at 2:07 PM, Saxon said:

Somebody posted art to a group chat I'm in. It was pretty bad art, but other people compliment it.
I said I thought it was mediocre. Turns out it was done by their girlfriend.

So that moves us nicely into what I hate; pretending that other people's art is good to avoid awkward social situations. I made up compliments for one man's tragic art for about 3 years because he was my brother's best friend.

I can't begin to tell you how much this pisses me off. Ignoring what you really think of someone's work to not hurt their feelings is actually more rude than telling them it's fine. The reason I say this is that when they finally show professionals their talents and the pros don't like it, they're going to be heartbroken because no one gave the criticism they needed to improve their talents.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kosha said:

I can't begin to tell you how much this pisses me off. Ignoring what you really think of someone's work to not hurt their feelings is actually more rude than telling them it's fine. The reason I say this is that when they finally show professionals their talents and the pros don't like it, they're going to be heartbroken because no one gave the criticism they needed to improve their talents.

I'll concede to that, yeah. :\

I once found him animating a handshake like this:
handshake_scrap.png

He went on to do a degree in animation, somehow.

• Like 2

My puppy is too smart sometimes. She just learned how to open the sliding door for the porch and can now let in the slower-to-potty dogs (she goes to the bathroom super fast and then wants back in asap). This makes me have to go get the others and toss them back out. If I don't, my mom's dog WILL wreck my floor and she has already ruined lots of it. For some reason this dog is still not house broken and she's 70 lbs so she leaves huge messes. What helps her go to the bathroom outside? My puppy Laika being outside. What does Laika hate? Being outside too long. Who takes forever to go potty outside? Miss 70 lb dog that hates being alone. 

That sliding door doesn't lock. If my mom's dog wasn't here I wouldn't mind her opening that door at all. Maybe this is mire of I hate that my mom's dog isn't house broken. 

How in my CAD unit having the first lesson on Autocad (having done inventor previously) focus way too much on the command line it has at the bottom and being told to use it for everything, even though the ribbon (copied off MS office) is far easier to the to point a beginner can go far with it.

College seems to think every CAD thing still happens on a 2-5 grand UNIX workstation like those SGI fancy case ones (used for movie effects and making N64 games) or those sunSPARC things (made so sun microsystems could do java things on)

If I where doing stuff on a UNIX machine then command line stuff would be acceptable next to that GUI thing called X (that I last saw on a mac in the form of X11) but ever since windows took over from all these at doing 3D stuff off it seems a bit anachronistic to me.

Rent really is too damn high.

How the fuck am I am supposed to pay electric, internet, car insurance, and rent bills on $800 a fucking month? Oh, and food, too.

Meanwhile trying to save money so I can go to trade school.

Rent is too damn high. So are taxes.

No, bitch, I'm not signing a 12 month lease for an efficiency apartment. Fuck you. No, I'm not willing to pay $400 a month to rent a room in a shitty boarding house, lease or not.

Why does America hate working young people with no connections? God, I want to punch a rich, unemployed college kid right in the fucking face. I'm so envious and angry. I'd be an alcoholic if I could afford the alcohol.

F U C K  M Y  L I F E 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Hux said:

Rent really is too damn high.

How the fuck am I am supposed to pay electric, internet, car insurance, and rent bills on $800 a fucking month? Oh, and food, too.

Meanwhile trying to save money so I can go to trade school.

Rent is too damn high. So are taxes.

No, bitch, I'm not signing a 12 month lease for an efficiency apartment. Fuck you. No, I'm not willing to pay $400 a month to rent a room in a shitty boarding house, lease or not.

Why does America hate working young people with no connections? God, I want to punch a rich, unemployed college kid right in the fucking face. I'm so envious and angry. I'd be an alcoholic if I could afford the alcohol.

F U C K  M Y  L I F E 

Rent is way out of control, compared to wages, which have been stagnant for a long while. Food prices have gotten crazy and electric has gotten much higher, in the past decade. I'm also tired of living with that anxious feeling of barely getting by, or even falling behind. Then, you have something come up like a bad tooth, and bam, you're shit outta luck.

I look at my retirement 'home', and see a cardboard box in the park. I wanna punch some rich, trust fund kid in the face. 

• Like 1

which reminds me... i recently had 2 days out of the month cut from my work schedule.  i thought it was an error at first and asked the manager, she said there -was- an error but that was how she fixed it or some shit.  i mentioned i was missing a day out of the week when i should have been scheduled, she gave no indication that this was unintentional.  said if i really wanted the "extra" day i could ask for it.  so i guess now if i want my normal hours back all i can do is beg for another day every other week and hope the manager agrees to it? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Socketosis said:

Fuuuuck I don't want glasses.

But think of how smart they'll make you look!

Or, you could get contacts, but I hate those, even though with this eye condition I have (keratoconus), hard, specialty contacts are the only thing that works. So I just go about with bad vision. I might look into a cornea transplant, but even then, you have to wear those dumb lenses, and the whole idea of having them cut your eye is freaky to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gator said:

which reminds me... i recently had 2 days out of the month cut from my work schedule.  i thought it was an error at first and asked the manager, she said there -was- an error but that was how she fixed it or some shit.  i mentioned i was missing a day out of the week when i should have been scheduled, she gave no indication that this was unintentional.  said if i really wanted the "extra" day i could ask for it.  so i guess now if i want my normal hours back all i can do is beg for another day every other week and hope the manager agrees to it? 

I can sympathize with this.

I'm going to bitch some more.

One of my old jobs had an alternating work schedule. I wondered why and I came to the conclusion it was designed to maximally exploit me and my co-workers. I will never work 12 hours a day six days in a fucking row packing boxes ever again. I don't give a shit if I get a 4 day weekend once every other month. That one four day weekend is easily cancelled out by the two fucking six day work weeks between it.  Why the fuck can't we have a normal, non-alternating schedule? Is it because you can't milk us for every last penny you can save? 

Another thing that pisses me of is being asked to come in and work on my days off knowing full well that my job would be at risk if I refused. I actually lost my old job after being asked to come to work on a sunday and showing up slightly intoxicated. I know it's stupid, but I knew that if I didn't at least show up I'd get fired anyway. God forbid I drink and smoke on a day off, get called in to work and show up regardlessly, desperately hoping I can make it through the day so I can keep my job.

18 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Rent is way out of control, compared to wages, which have been stagnant for a long while. Food prices have gotten crazy and electric has gotten much higher, in the past decade. I'm also tired of living with that anxious feeling of barely getting by, or even falling behind. Then, you have something come up like a bad tooth, and bam, you're shit outta luck.

I look at my retirement 'home', and see a cardboard box in the park. I wanna punch some rich, trust fund kid in the face. 

If there were enough of us... and we organized ourselves... and we had guns...

When is revolution, comrade? I am ready.

My laptop's been doing this lovely thing on occasion where the clock sorta just stalls and doesn't update the time. I have to physically click on the time to update it. It freaks me out when I look at the time, click on the clock and it jumps like twenty minutes ahead.