Vegans arent better

Nova

Last summer, I had a baconator from Wendy's for the first time. It was at that moment I realized I was ruining my body. I became a vegetarian for several months.

Then I had another baconator from Wendy's and decided I really liked meat.

The baconator giveth, the baconator taketh away. Such is life.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

Vegetarianism can be a very healthy way to live your life.

Veganism, on the other hand, cannot. :3c

Going full vegan is a great idea if you want to have severe bone and muscle damage at a very early point in your life.

Daniel_Bryan_in_April_2014.jpg

>Daniel Bryan

??

"Danielson became a vegan in 2009, after getting elevated liver enzymes and several staph infections. In 2012, he was awarded a Libby Award from PETA for being the "Most Animal-Friendly Athlete". In honor of Danielson, Mayor Micah Cawley of Yakima, Washington declared January 13 "Daniel Bryan Day". In September 2012, Danielson revealed that he was no longer a vegan due to his inability to find vegan food while travelling on the road for WWE. He later elaborated that he had developed a soy intolerance and could not find enough non-soy-based vegan food, but he still keeps a mostly vegan diet on the road. On Twitter, he stated that he has vitiligo."

Going vegan would definitely be better for all of us. Not only is it morally better not to kill or use animals, it would also have positive effects on climate change if we took methane producing farm animals out of the equation and would return all that farm land to it's natural state.

However... This isn't something that can be done over night. There are currently about 23.5 billion of the more common farm animals out there (chicken, cows, sheep and pigs). Going vegan over night would make these animals jobless so they would be killed. I mean seriously? What else are we supposed to do with 20 billion chickens? This would need to be a gradual process, slowly breeding less and less of them until there are none left. This would also mean that these domesticated animals would go extinct. That is something you have to be aware of! On the one hand we wouldn't be killing them anymore, but on the other hand we would also rob them of their existence entirely. What other reason is there to keep pigs except for eating them and using their body parts? Pig cheese...? Not really...

Also, roughly 1 billion people earn their money caring for these animals. And often these people have been doing that for generations, they don't know anything else. Once the world goes full vegan their way of life would be entirely obsolete and small farmers in developing countries often don't have the money to just make the switch from keeping animals to growing crops, fruits or vegetables.

And then there is the fact that we would need replacements for all the other animal products as well, like leather. Essentially this means that almost no land that is currently used to keep livestock would be returned to any sort of natural state because it would still be farm land. It would just be used for something else.

My point is that yes, this is the way to go. I am a big animal friend and it pains me that I don't live a very eco friendly life. But if we all fo vegan that would still cause some new problems.

16 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

Going vegan would definitely be better for all of us. Not only is it morally better not to kill or use animals, it would also have positive effects on climate change if we took methane producing farm animals out of the equation and would return all that farm land to it's natural state.

However... This isn't something that can be done over night. There are currently about 23.5 billion of the more common farm animals out there (chicken, cows, sheep and pigs). Going vegan over night would make these animals jobless so they would be killed. I mean seriously? What else are we supposed to do with 20 billion chickens? This would need to be a gradual process, slowly breeding less and less of them until there are none left. This would also mean that these domesticated animals would go extinct. That is something you have to be aware of! On the one hand we wouldn't be killing them anymore, but on the other hand we would also rob them of their existence entirely. What other reason is there to keep pigs except for eating them and using their body parts? Pig cheese...? Not really...

Also, roughly 1 billion people earn their money caring for these animals. And often these people have been doing that for generations, they don't know anything else. Once the world goes full vegan their way of life would be entirely obsolete and small farmers in developing countries often don't have the money to just make the switch from keeping animals to growing crops, fruits or vegetables.

And then there is the fact that we would need replacements for all the other animal products as well, like leather. Essentially this means that almost no land that is currently used to keep livestock would be returned to any sort of natural state because it would still be farm land. It would just be used for something else.

My point is that yes, this is the way to go. I am a big animal friend and it pains me that I don't live a very eco friendly life. But if we all fo vegan that would still cause some new problems.

But meat is delicious

Gotta love that vegans ignore 1 simple fact;

If everyone in the world would go vegan, there would not be enough area on this planet to grow the crops, we'd have to destroy nature.. ow wait, vegans say we can't. We'd have to.. Nope, not allowed to do that either.

You get where I'm going with this :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Käpt'n said:

Most grazeland that is currently in use for cattle cannot be easily converted into land for crops because of soil quality and/or climate.

17 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Most grazeland that is currently in use for cattle cannot be easily converted into land for crops because of soil quality and/or climate.

Which would account for a tiny percentage of the food needed. The world going Vegan is a great concept, but the reality is just extremely unlikely and way to much work to just do.

Oh and the fact that food allergies exist.

Just now, weirdfox said:

Which would account for a tiny percentage of the food needed. The world going Vegan is a great concept, but the reality is just extremely unlikely and way to much work to just do.

Oh and the fact that food allergies exist.

Like Soy allergies.

19 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Like Soy allergies.

Let's list my current food allergies;

peanuts/treenuts (so I can't eat anything containing traces of this)
Apples or any fruit with a hard center (apple, peach, mango etc etc)
Lactose (light intolerance, still a discomfort.)

This destroys a huge part of the daily vitamins/supplements I can eat when I go vegan. And I'm just a light example. There are people way worse of than me.

1 hour ago, Lucyfish said:

Everyone knows it's staged, that doesn't have anything to do with the conversation though lol

To add to this, there's a difference between fake and staged. Outcomes are generally predetermined, and they usually don't actually hit each other -- although sometimes if one guy keeps fucking up the other will haul off and deck him in the mouth -- but even with the other guy helping you, it's no simple feat to throw someone across the ring six or seven times in a row.

Look at it along the lines of a cross between gymnastics and a soap opera and it'll make more sense.

3 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

To add to this, there's a difference between fake and staged. Outcomes are generally predetermined, and they usually don't actually hit each other -- although sometimes if one guy keeps fucking up the other will haul off and deck him in the mouth -- but even with the other guy helping you, it's no simple feat to throw someone across the ring six or seven times in a row.

Look at it along the lines of a cross between gymnastics and a soap opera and it'll make more sense.

I've studied and been a part of professional wrestling. It's all about stage production and good stunt work. Putting your body on the line to put on a great show.

3 hours ago, weirdfox said:

Let's list my current food allergies;

peanuts/treenuts (so I can't eat anything containing traces of this)
Apples or any fruit with a hard center (apple, peach, mango etc etc)
Lactose (light intolerance, still a discomfort.)

This destroys a huge part of the daily vitamins/supplements I can eat when I go vegan. And I'm just a light example. There are people way worse of than me.

I am allergic to Soy myself and some produce like carrots. 

You and my sister share the same allergies. She cannot eat a lot of fruits save for some berries and melons. No milk either.

8 hours ago, Zeke said:

I am allergic to Soy myself and some produce like carrots. 

You and my sister share the same allergies. She cannot eat a lot of fruits save for some berries and melons. No milk either.

yea, it really sucks donkeyballs :( But I learned to deal with it. I tried being vegetarian for a year, but god, that just gave me more allergic reactions. Luckily not epi-pen bad, but still.