Do You Actually Like Animals?

Endless/Nameless

Do Yoj Likr Animals?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do You liek Animers?

• Ya, they cool
    • Ech, not really
    • I'm a Wishy-Washy Bitch

I get sad when I see dead cats and foxes on the roadside. Like, almost gonna cry kind of sad.

The other night, my cat left a rat she'd killed near the back door. I went out and found it while I was feeding her. Somewhere there's a bunch of baby rats who will never see their mama rat again. I had to give myself a few minutes before I could go back inside in the presence of my housemates to make sure I didn't actually break down over it.

So yea. I like animals a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlynnCoyote said:

I get sad when I see dead cats and foxes on the roadside. Like, almost gonna cry kind of sad.

The other night, my cat left a rat she'd killed near the back door. I went out and found it while I was feeding her. Somewhere there's a bunch of baby rats who will never see their mama rat again. I had to give myself a few minutes before I could go back inside in the presence of my housemates to make sure I didn't actually break down over it.

So yea. I like animals a lot.

I get like that sometimes. 

Generally I'm pretty stoic and indifferent about it, but sometimes it's just really sad...

20 hours ago, Gamedog said:

Kind of a weird thing to say while letting your cat outside. 💅

She's an outdoor cat and doesn't do well indoors. It's not like I can stop her from doing what she does. Rat's gonna rat, cat's gonna cat. I said it makes me sad, not that I hate her for it. It's a sign of her love after all.

12 hours ago, FlynnCoyote said:

She's an outdoor cat and doesn't do well indoors. It's not like I can stop her from doing what she does. Rat's gonna rat, cat's gonna cat. I said it makes me sad, not that I hate her for it. It's a sign of her love after all.

Cars gonna car

She doens't have thumbs, either, so you already have the advantage against her.

I just stick my cats out on harnesses and watch them on their tie-outs, and i bring them inside early because i don't like the idea of my cats being mauled by coyotes

12 hours ago, Gamedog said:

Cars gonna car

She doens't have thumbs, either, so you already have the advantage against her.

Cars gonna car? The fuck does that even mean? Cars do nothing without a person driving, cats are completely autonomous.

And sure, I could bring her inside. She actually lived inside until she was about a year old. Was litterbox trained and everything. But once she got to that age, she got restless and irritable. I let her outside for an hour or so each day and had to trick her to get her back in. Then she started pissing in my housemate' beds, shitting on the couches and making a mess of things around the house. The message there was pretty clear.

She's been happier outside for the past two years. She's stuck around. And she's more affectionate now than she ever used to be. This is a suburban area and the most dangerous thing she has to deal with are possums. And not the vicious kind, the fluffy cute Australian kind. I think the occasional dead rat or pigeon is a small price to keep her happy.

12 hours ago, Gamedog said:

I just stick my cats out on harnesses and watch them on their tie-outs, and i bring them inside early because i don't like the idea of my cats being mauled by coyotes

Wuff wuff little meow fuckers.

Please visit www.realoutdoorcats.tumblr.com/archive to see how wrong you are

btw feral and roaming cats are the main cause of Australia's native fauna like the Bilby and small rodents becoming endangered

but at least your cat is no longer holding a gun to your head right 👍

2 hours ago, Gamedog said:

Please visit www.realoutdoorcats.tumblr.com/archive to see how wrong you are

btw feral and roaming cats are the main cause of Australia's native fauna like the Bilby and small rodents becoming endangered

but at least your cat is no longer holding a gun to your head right 👍

I think I'd rather stick catcus needles up my dick hole than trust a load of biased tumblr crap. 

There are no native animals in this area besides possums. Trixie cannot actually hurt these, they're too big. The only things she's managed to catch and kill are rats and pigeons. There are no roving wild dogs and she has numerous escape routes where no dog could follow. Her territory is relatively small due to neighboring cats having her intimidated. She stays close to home, is looked after and only harms pests. I might feel sad for the odd rat, but not to the point I'd keep Trix unhappy to save them.

But go on, keep assuming I'm doing something horribly wrong and that the worst case scenario is universal. That's some sound logic.

2 hours ago, FlynnCoyote said:

I think I'd rather stick catcus needles up my dick hole than trust a load of biased tumblr crap. 

There are no native animals in this area besides possums. Trixie cannot actually hurt these, they're too big. The only things she's managed to catch and kill are rats and pigeons. There are no roving wild dogs and she has numerous escape routes where no dog could follow. Her territory is relatively small due to neighboring cats having her intimidated. She stays close to home, is looked after and only harms pests. I might feel sad for the odd rat, but not to the point I'd keep Trix unhappy to save them.

But go on, keep assuming I'm doing something horribly wrong and that the worst case scenario is universal. That's some sound logic.

The link I provided is a collection of photos and news sources of pet cats being killed and abused while allowed to roam

strangely enough it seems rampant in the UK where everyone loves to claim there are no natural predators 

17 hours ago, Gamedog said:

The link I provided is a collection of photos and news sources of pet cats being killed and abused while allowed to roam

strangely enough it seems rampant in the UK where everyone loves to claim there are no natural predators 

Strangely enough it isn't anywhere near as much as a problem here.