16 yr old furry teen runs off with 30 yr old furry bf she met online

Crazy Lee

Solution: dont be a dumbass and lie about your age to avoid stupid legal trouble and shit...and hey age difference is a legit thing that leads to creepy pedoing you should pay attention to that, yeah?

On 5/5/2016 at 5:42 PM, Xaende said:

Well, that does it. If I ever meet someone interesting in the fandom, I'll be sure to check her ID before we drive across the country together. But seriously, I've known 20 year olds who look 30, 30 year olds who look 20, 40 year olds who look 30 etc. 16 and 19 can look similar from the perspective of a 30 year old. Not that it's a great idea for a guy his age to date a girl in her late teens, but my impression is that this was an honest mistake. Hopefully, he sincerely believed she was over 18 and they didn't have sex. It's possible.

They do look fairly similar in age going by face alone. She looks like she could be 18-20 something and he looks like he could be in his twenties.

Cant these kids date in high school like normal people though?

(I say as Ive had one relationship in high school that didnt even work out and one online one of similar circumnstance...but I was 19, damnnit!)

Guys, I'm going to be honest with you here:  When there's proof that she told him in private that she was 16, when she has a developmental disability, when you travel across state lines having left your cellphone behind when you started the trip, when you pick her up without meeting her family, when she seems to bring little with her other than the clothes on her back and her blankie and teddy bear... You most certainly were not 'tricked' into this by an 'evil, manipulative sixteen year old', you instead knew damned well what you were doing and you were a god damned idiot for thinking it was a good idea from Step 1.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Isn't it ironic how this fandom can be a prime target for predators. I suppose it has enough going for it to make it so.

In the mainstream the strong pick on the weak. 

In subcultures the weak pick on the weaker. 

In the UK 16 is the age of consent, so it would be legal anyway.

We don't because 16 year olds aren't mentally mature enough to make intelligent decisions, especially those that might land them in legal trouble.

In my country people over 16 are past the age of consent. So this is obviously arbitrary.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Except this happened in the US, where it's not.
AoC here is 18.

And this still isn't taking into consideration whether or not she'd qualify as an adult, regardless, because of her developmental disability.
Even at the right age, she may have still legally qualified as a child.

4 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Isn't it ironic how this fandom can be a prime target for predators. I suppose it has enough going for it to make it so.

> fandom full of people of a large age range, obsessing over children's media
> "ironic"

Wut.

2 minutes ago, Vae said:

Except this happened in the US, where it's not.
AoC here is 18.

And this still isn't taking into consideration whether or not she'd qualify as an adult, regardless, because of her developmental disability.
Even at the right age, she may have still legally qualified as a child.

> fandom full of people of a large age range, obsessing over children's media
> "ironic"

Wut.

Thus my use of the conditional 'would', captain obvious.

Learning disability would likely make the scenario illegal in the UK as well.

34 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Thus my use of the conditional 'would', captain obvious.

Learning disability would likely make the scenario illegal in the UK as well.

Then even bringing up the UK's AoC is a moot point, to begin with,
and entirely irrelevant to this situation.

7 minutes ago, Vae said:

Then even bringing up the UK's AoC is a moot point, to begin with,
and entirely irrelevant to this situation.

I didn't realise the woman was disabled until after I made the comment. Mystery solved, Vae?

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

In my country people over 16 are past the age of consent. So this is obviously arbitrary.

Minors are considered mature enough for some choices but not others 

weird right?

in many areas a minor could have sex at 16 but also not drink at 16

what!! Crazy!

aoc here is 16 but drinking age is 19

whaaaaaat!!!!!

One of the news articles I came across made DeviantArt sound like the absolute scariest and most perverted place on the Internet.

Given that, I'm not surprised that the news media sees having an alias or screenname as evidence of malice or proof of a guilty conscience.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

When there's proof that she told him in private that she was 16,

What proof, though? I'm not going to make assumptions either way without evidence.

Also, everyone keeps on bringing up "Developmentally disabled" which could mean a whole bunch of things. Autism, ADHD, who knows. I have no idea how intelligent she was or whether she was making informed decisions.

1 minute ago, Crazy Lee said:

Also, everyone keeps on bringing up "Developmentally disabled" which could mean a whole bunch of things. Autism, ADHD, who knows. I have no idea how intelligent she was or whether she was making informed decisions.

Err, MULTIPLE news articles linked in this very thread have her grandparents reporting that her cognitive function of an 11 year old.  This has been stated in the thread itself even.  So yes, you do have 'some idea how intelligent she was'.

While we're at it, let's address some other things:

fTHoEIq.png

Now, see, here he is asking WEEKS in advance as to  how he can get his girlfriend a prescription for the girlfriend WITHOUT the prescription.  He is NOT starting off saying he simply can't AFFORD the prescription but he can't afford a doctor to even get it prescribed.  But if your internet girlfriend is moving in with you, you don't need a new prescription because you can just TRANSFER your prescription to your new local pharmacy.  They can't even charge you for it.  Now, AFFORDING the prescription could still be an issue, but you would have no need to have a new doctor issue a new prescription.  (Though if you were moving states, you'd obviously need to find a new doctor EVENTUALLY).  Unless of course he was trying to avoid a paper trail.  You transfer the prescription and the cops will be lead to that new pharmacy.

Let's keep running with this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/wash-teen-runaway-planned-life-man-sought-amber-alert-article-1.2622707

In her notes, Kiera outlined plans to live out of a car with an unspecified man and then find a house to live in.

“We’ll stop at places for pop and food,” “Don’t go out of the car unless needed” and “Don’t make a scene,” were among Kiera’s notes

Goooosh, I wonder why she had these notes written out and was memorizing them?  Well CLEARLY she was tricking the guy and she had to remember to not get out of his car and to not make a scene.  ...Or maybe he had her memorizing this plan?  Yeah, might be the later thing, him grooming her for the abduction.  Ya know, cause if you're just picking up your 19yo internet girlfriend to live MurryPurry forever you're probably not needing to remind her to not make a scene.

3 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

What proof, though? I'm not going to make assumptions either way without evidence.

"Developmentally disabled" usually means things like cerebral palsy, autism, aspergers, etc.
These people (though there are exceptions, especially for those with high fuctioning autism/aspergers) usually require assistance or a caretaker to help them. They're not able to consent to things like this, as they can be easily manipulated and tricked.

So...because this girl is mentally retarded in some way that makes it okay for her to do what she did? Bullsh!t. She was obviously smart enough to cook this all up and deceive him. She is to blame and not Kelo. Kelo needs to go free! Because of female privilege she will most likely not get in trouble and this innocent man will go through hell.

On 5/9/2016 at 9:44 PM, Gamedog said:

"Developmentally disabled" usually means things like cerebral palsy, autism, aspergers, etc.
These people (though there are exceptions, especially for those with high fuctioning autism/aspergers) usually require assistance or a caretaker to help them. They're not able to consent to things like this, as they can be easily manipulated and tricked.

She knew what she was doing...Mental retardation is NO excuse for what she did to him. She should be charged. Not Kelo.

On 5/8/2016 at 7:14 PM, AshleyAshes said:

Let's keep running with this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/wash-teen-runaway-planned-life-man-sought-amber-alert-article-1.2622707

Goooosh, I wonder why she had these notes written out and was memorizing them?  Well CLEARLY she was tricking the guy and she had to remember to not get out of his car and to not make a scene.  ...Or maybe he had her memorizing this plan?  Yeah, might be the later thing, him grooming her for the abduction.  Ya know, cause if you're just picking up your 19yo internet girlfriend to live MurryPurry forever you're probably not needing to remind her to not make a scene.

Further proof that she needs to be charged and locked up and Kelo needs to go free.

• Like 1

So.. a 16 year old mentally challenged girl.. needs to be locked up.. because she convinced a 30 year old man.. to run off with her. 

3 minutes ago, Lemon said:

So.. a 16 year old mentally challenged girl.. needs to be locked up.. because she convinced a 30 year old man.. to run off with her. 

Look, JUST because she was developmentally disabled and could not expected to know better by law or by society, does not mean that we as a society with a legal system should not expect her to know better!

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Look, JUST because she was developmentally disabled and could not expected to know better by law or by society, does not mean that we as a society with a legal system should not expect her to know better!

Seriously though. This guy is fucking disgusting. Like I get age of consent is a thing, but like.. you're disgusting for fucking kids literally half your age. What the fuck. Regular 16yos can easily be groomed by 30yos, there's just so much power play there and.. eugh. I hope the justice system works for the girl's favor. 

5 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Seriously though. This guy is fucking disgusting. Like I get age of consent is a thing, but like.. you're disgusting for fucking kids literally half your age. What the fuck. Regular 16yos can easily be groomed by 30yos, there's just so much power play there and.. eugh. I hope the justice system works for the girl's favor. 

I honestly CAN'T speak for all US states, since laws like this vary widely state to state, but in GENERAL LEGAL TERMS, the ability to consent isn't JUST an age number but also about the mental ability to consent.  Those with developmental disabilities of sufficient severity can not give legal consent since they can not appreciate the gravity of their decisions.  This also plays into things well beyond sex, like even being able to legally enter into contracts or consent to medical procedures and all that usual 'Age of majority stuff'.  ...But still, varies state to state, country to country.

Here in Canada, while have actual common sense age of consent laws, nationally, where under normal circumstances it's not possible for an 17yo and a 18yo having sex to be a crime, we have additional conditions that go beyond age.  Stuff like a person can't be in a position of power, like a teacher, or a doctor, police officer, sports team coach, or anyone in a position of 'authority' over a 16yo means they can't sleep with the 16yo, even though they'd otherwise be within the age of consent.  And we have similar conditions that apply to developmental disabilities.

Canada: Not Sucking As Much As America Since 1867  ...Or 1982 depending on how you see it.

54 minutes ago, BlueberryPitbull said:

So...because this girl is mentally retarded in some way that makes it okay for her to do what she did? Bullsh!t. She was obviously smart enough to cook this all up and deceive him. She is to blame and not Kelo. Kelo needs to go free! Because of female privilege she will most likely not get in trouble and this innocent man will go through hell.

She knew what she was doing...Mental retardation is NO excuse for what she did to him. She should be charged. Not Kelo.

Further proof that she needs to be charged and locked up and Kelo needs to go free.

Don't know if troll, or just stupid.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Vae said:

Don't know if troll, or just stupid.

I can't even figure out why he said 'Further Proof' while not providing any additional information.  He just kinda randomly says 'Further Proof'.  Maybe he just saw it on some TV legal drama and thought it was the thing to say?

Regardless of the girl's mental state the guy in question is 30. He should know better than to be picking up random girls he finds on the internet without having them checked out first, and if he finds out they're lying about their age or disabled he needs to stay the fuck away from them. 

Also, when she gave her name/address or whatever personal info why didn't he do a fucking background check to make sure she really was the age she said she was? In the age of modern technology it's not actually that hard to make sure someone's story checks out before you go meeting them in person. Either he planned this or he's his own brand of special. 

4 hours ago, BlueberryPitbull said:

Must be one of the local furries.

• 2 months later...